Top Six Guaranteed? But then what.

upgotheheads

4th and europe will do for me to be honest, as others have said it'll be better having europa league football to occupy us (note I didn't say "look forward to"...) rather than the LC early stages.

I also think for the next 2 or three seasons we'll be in the same position, flitting between 3rd and 5th. Aberdeen are on a seperate level right now and Celtic are just on a different planet and I don't think until the extra revenue from the new stands takes effect that we'll see a significant change to either the standard of player or the standard of football we'll see at Tynecastle.

I'm looking a bit further down the road and thinking we're taking a step back to move two forward in a couple of seasons.

I may also be completely naive but.........

Lol.

Bang the same old drum.

Your having a mare, you want us to finish lower in the league, as you stated as you don't want us to get into Europe.

That means we need to drop more points and get beat.

I might have wanted rangers beat, I'm happy with that. i will never want us to finish to get beat and finish lower in the league.

Your logic is a joke. Your happy for us to get beat more just so we don't get in Europe, you can't want us to win and not be in Europe, they two goals are not alligned.

If we win more- more chance of Europe. You don't want that.

Get beat- your wish comes true.

If we're not in Europe we play the lc, so the distraction Reason in ridiculous, either way we have competitive football.

You don't care if we're 4th or 6th? You don't care if we win or get beat?

But, aye bring up hibs to justify your nonsense in wanting us to finish lower in the league so we don't get in Europe.

Your obsession with hibs is also annoying, stop bringing them up to try and justify you reasoning.

You are being a Doughnut.

If we finish 4th and qualify for Europa, that's fine. I don't particularly want us in Europe this season for the reasons I've stated.  

If we finish 6th and don't qualify for Europa, I wont feel any more or less happy than if we finished 4th. Both represent failure in my opinion and both will be shrugged off.

Neither of these outcomes mean that i'll be 'looking forward to St Johnstone smashing us'.

Utter indifference to our results is not the same as wanting us to lose.

Preferring if we didn't have a Europa campaign to content with is also not the same as wanting us to lose.

Complete and utter indifference isn't even remotely the same as actively wanting us to lose.

If it happens it happens. If we finish 6th, ill consider not having to deal with Europa as a positive. That is what I meant.

If we finish 6th and don't get Europa, I wont be losing any sleep. I've not mentioned anything about wanting us to lose - that's just you going off at a tangent.

Mars plastic

Lol

Being in Europe doesn't mean we don't get in the LC?

You know exactly what I mean but don't let that stop you.

Bazzas right boot

If we finish 4th and qualify for Europa, that's fine. I don't particularly want us in Europe this season for the reasons I've stated.

If we finish 6th and don't qualify for Europa, I wont feel any more or less happy than if we finished 4th. Both represent failure in my opinion and both will be shrugged off.

Neither of these outcomes mean that i'll be 'looking forward to St Johnstone smashing us'.

Utter indifference to our results is not the same as wanting us to lose.

Preferring if we didn't have a Europa campaign to content with is also not the same as wanting us to lose.

Complete and utter indifference isn't even remotely the same as actively wanting us to lose.

Ahh, so you just don't care.

Cool.

You seem to care more about my views on last year's sc final than you actually do about your own team, Hearts.

Each to there own, i guess.

While questioning my loyalty , you'd do well to remind yourself how you feel about the team you are meant to follow before you do.

Bazzas right boot

You know exactly what I mean but don't let that stop you.

I don't, folk keep stating the lc or Europe, it's not a choice.

Christ, even if we are shit in Europe, we miss the lc group stages. If we get lucky or come good you never know.

Either way we still get to play in the LC.

Don't understand the debate, it's not an either/ or outcome.

Or having a trip with mates and enjoying watching Hearts.

Exactly what I was alluding to.

Pasquale for King

Have said it already - but my opinion hasn't changed..... I'd rather we DIDNT qualify for Europe this season.

I

We need to good solid pre-season without distractions and potentially humiliating exits in the minnow stages of Europa will do more harm than good.

Beyond that, I literally couldn't care less whether we finish 4th, 5th, or 6th in the league this year. None of those positions are anything to shout about and being able to 'celebrate' the fact we saved 4th from the jaws of 6th would be a bit daft.

I think you are right but the fly in the ointment is the League cup, it starts in July and it's highly likely we will have two derbies ( where we going to play it?) and ample opportunities for embarrassing defeats from lower league teams.

I like to think I'm being realistic even if my point is negative in the extreme. But when we get into the top 6 where will we pick up points? Defeats to Celtic, Aberdeen and probably Rangers. Our record against St Johnstone isn't great. I fear our best and only chance of a win will be against whoever finishes 6th. Yes we really are that bad. I really really want Cathro to work out but I'm not convinced he's up to it. But they have given him a decent contract and given him money to spend. Would cost too much to get rid of.

There is a lot of interest left in the remaining fixtures

I admire your optimism however the players have downed tools and are waiting for the season to end, they (most of them) just don't give a toss.

Top six. Who cares. The season ended a long time ago. We won't win another game this season.

Fozzyonthefence

Top six. Who cares. The season ended a long time ago. We won't win another game this season.

We might win one - I think we have Dundee at home but I think that will be it. We won't win a game after the split.

I want to qualify for Europe (though doubt we will) and finish with as many wins as possible

Just a concern we start again with new team so no momentum

Final position wise this is the season we should have had last season really. Most would have accepted 4th in our first year back.

Damn robbie neilson for beating his targets each year and raising expectations.

Final position wise this is the season we should have had last season really. Most would have accepted 4th in our first year back.

Damn robbie neilson for beating his targets each year and raising expectations.

Correct.

Robbie oot.

Bring in the saviour.

That went well.

I want to qualify for Europe (though doubt we will) and finish with as many wins as possible

Just a concern we start again with new team so no momentum

Like there's a momentum now.

Correct.

Robbie oot.

Bring in the saviour.

That went well.

Many of us wanted Robbie oot.

Cathro was NOT the saviour we anticipated!!!!

A_A wehatethehibs

We will be the whipping boys of the top 6 and not win a single game finishing 6th that is the reality.

Bazzas right boot

Many of us also wanted Robbie to stay.

Tbh, it's generally the same poster's kicking and screaming now for Cathro to leave who were also calling for Robbie to be sacked ( some for about a year) before he left.

Slow progress wasn't good enough, obviously what is happening now isn't good enough, some folk need to ask what they want from Hearts, because whatever happens it isn't good enough.

Did folk really expect Cathro to be a saviour? I find that statement sums things up.

Bazzas right boot

Like there's a momentum now.

There is, just not the good kind....

Going abruad on the lash and riding hookers is for those halfwits that follow Scotland.

obviously never been abroad with hearts ^

Lincon Premier

The problem many seem to over look is the lower we are in the league the less money we get. ( I know it's obvious ) but accepting 5th or 6th is a financial disaster after last season. We were in a strong position before Robbie left and all those wanting to give Cathro to the end of the season were mighty quiet about giving Robbie that time. No-one can say where we would have been under Robbie but would we have dumped so many and brought in so many? I would suggest we would have won three or four more games under Robbie and the old squad.( not great but better than where we are now.)

The problem many seem to over look is the lower we are in the league the less money we get. ( I know it's obvious ) but accepting 5th or 6th is a financial disaster after last season. We were in a strong position before Robbie left and all those wanting to give Cathro to the end of the season were mighty quiet about giving Robbie that time. No-one can say where we would have been under Robbie but would we have dumped so many and brought in so many? I would suggest we would have won three or four more games under Robbie and the old squad.( not great but better than where we are now.)

I agree with you - however Robbie was not the answer - this only goes to show what a horrendous Levein appointment this has been!

Bazzas right boot

Going abruad on the lash and riding hookers is for those halfwits that follow Scotland.

Not an expert, but gonna guess the hookers are, eh more distinguished than Thier counter parts from cowdenbeath, abroath and the likes!

Finding a manager is a lottery. The game is littered with guys who were brilliant at one club and terrible at the next.

The lesson for some folk hopefully is be careful what you wish for, especially when things are going relatively well. Grass is not always greener and all that

I agree with you - however Robbie was not the answer - this only goes to show what a horrendous Levein appointment this has been!

How dare he team up with budge to save the club and get us back up in great style.

You do know that without levein we wouldn't have budge right and therefore who knows what kind of club we'd have. He was much more than an appointment - his involvement was a major reason budge saved us.

Bazzas right boot

How dare he team up with budge to save the club and get us back up in great style.

You do know that without levein we wouldn't have budge right and therefore who knows what kind of club we'd have. He was much more than an appointment - his involvement was a major reason budge saved us.

Folk are daft.

It's the only conclusion.

They have Thier own agenda and to hell with everything else.

Dunno if that makes life interesting or dull!

Archived