Florida here we come! Can you help?

festerlehearts

Excellent directions, dalkeithjambo - on a clock face, I'm at 3 o'clock, Sanford is at 12 and OIA is at 6 - I'm about 25 mins from both, don't go to either much apart from collecting and dropping off visitors, Sanford's always changing and I always get lost coming back! Having said that, I also lost my car at OIA, security had to drive me around the car park in their golf cart to find the damn thing:o:o! (the heat does that to you)

Best steak I've ever had was at Charley's - a must visit if you get the chance.

Sanford is further out from orlando international, sanford is about 35 miles further out. If you have transfers then its no problem, if you have a car booked then take the lake mary boulevard to the 417 (south) motorway, this is a toll road with tolls varying from 75cents to 1.5 dollars. go south to junction 26 and exit onto 528 again a toll road, leave at junction 8 onto sand lake road (482 road) and this will take you onto international drive.

Hope this helps

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent directions, dalkeithjambo - on a clock face, I'm at 3 o'clock, Sanford is at 12 and OIA is at 6 - I'm about 25 mins from both, don't go to either much apart from collecting and dropping off visitors, Sanford's always changing and I always get lost coming back! Having said that, I also lost my car at OIA, security had to drive me around the car park in their golf cart to find the damn thing:o:o! (the heat does that to you)

Best steak I've ever had was at Charley's - a must visit if you get the chance.

It is also a good idea to write down where you park at any of the Disney Parks. First time I went to the magic Kingdom we were all so excited that we did not remember where we parked. Took about an hour to find it.

Ryan Gosling

Oh yeah, on the way to Orlando from Bradenton we stopped off in Celebration.

It's like Stepford.

festerlehearts

hi guys anybody travelled kissimee to clearwater thats were we are goin for our last week, do you know the route and how long it will take, and does any one know of any good restuarants in the area :cool: or if there is any good shows or anything like that

I'm not sure how it is going weatherwise over there but I'm in Californai just now and it is seriously hot with even the locals complaining about the temperature.

Was in Vegas a few days ago and it was reading 116f on the cars outside temperature gauge when we arrived. Currently in San Francisco and it is in the 90's which is not the norm at all.

dalkeithjambo
hi guys anybody travelled kissimee to clearwater thats were we are goin for our last week, do you know the route and how long it will take, and does any one know of any good restuarants in the area :cool: or if there is any good shows or anything like that

The best way to get to Clearwater is to get onto I4 going west (Tampa), at Tampa you will go onto 275 south, after going over Howard johnson bridge you will see signs for Gulf beaches i:e Clearwater, indian rocks shores and redington beaches. Just follow these signs and you should not go wrong. Should take about hour and half to two hours max.

We were at Clearwater about a week ago for the day, very nice down that way, beaches etc are amazing, There are various food places down by the beach but you also have downtown Clearwater as well.

A bit off topic - but who would folk recommend to book flights/hotel/car - better with package or making up your own trip - also what's the place like in October?

cheers.

Archived