Furthest you have travelled to see Hearts

jambo1961

Great memories of Mostar with Tom Heaney! The big guy will still be watching up there. Cheers Tom

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hector Riva

Fuengirola ;Costa del sol, southern Spain  to   Hampden park 19-05-12  :2thumbsup:

Cabo San Lucas, which is on the west coast of Mexico.

Do I get an extra point if I tell you that I left my wife there, whilst we were on holiday, on her birthday, with the following day our anniversary, to come back for the Gretna final?

Captain America

Prague 2006.

Flew from Birmingham as all Scottish flights were sold out.

Never forget it.

Swear one of the pubs was just a Czech guy's living room.

VIENNA! [furthest and best courtesy of Galloway!]

But it was close, it was only one mile further than BOLOGNA!

As for MUNICH that was 220 miles nearer!

Went to that one also by bus, with Prestonpans Hearts.

Furthest would probably be Zagreb. Went to Tallin via London and Riga (drove to Tallin from there).

I was on that bus.  Decent trip.

Athens probably furthest for me.

Must be Hungry or Zagreb for me

Hearts away days can be Magic

From Sydney to Gorgie...several times...12,000 + miles...!

Rudi the Cocker Spaniel

Cabo San Lucas, which is on the west coast of Mexico.

Do I get an extra point if I tell you that I left my wife there, whilst we were on holiday, on her birthday, with the following day our anniversary, to come back for the Gretna final?

maroondevo52

Liverpool 1973, when we won 1-0 against Everton in the Texaco Cup, Drew Busby scored (I think)

Was also at Burnley the same year, thought Kenny Garland had a good game and we lost 5-0 !!!

Bowmans_Boot

Velez Mostar in 88, although I went with the official crowd so it didnt seem far at all.

I went to Prague with Glasgow Hearts by bus: that WAS a long journey..... and worse coming home....

Alex MacDonald

Iceland, UEFA Cup against IBV or Hungary for Europa League qualifier against Paksi. Both excellent trips.

Doctor FinnBarr

Similar here although on Glasgow hearts and before some smart arse says I don't remember a large chunk of the journey :D

We got through the border in double quick time Gerry, think 200 B and H, bottle of crap French wine and a 70cl of whisky done it, not sure if you'd been released from the bog at that point.

I think Bologna would be the furthest for me, without checking I'm guessing its further than Prague.

gerryjambo41

We got through the border in double quick time Gerry, think 200 B and H, bottle of crap French wine and a 70cl of whisky done it, not sure if you'd been released from the bog at that point.

I think Bologna would be the furthest for me, without checking I'm guessing its further than Prague.

And along comes the smart arse lol :D

San Diago and Vancouver Island the banter with expats in Vancouver Island was entertaining, also met the couple with the save the Hearts banner.

Vienna by bus (Green Tree) was an absolute marathon. Best part of 2 days to get there. Absolutely Baltic at the game, a friendly rendezvous with some German skinheads after the game and we got our bus windows smashed just for good measure !! Munich was a breeze in comparison.

I was on that trip also, looking back now thats what following hearts away in Europe eas all about

joondalupjambo

Perth, Western Australia to Hampden for the 2012 final.  Back then used to come home to Scotland for around 4 months every year but stayed 6 months that summer just to take in the lingering atmosphere :2thumbsup:

The White Cockade

back in the early 90's

was on holiday in Cape Town

Left CT about 8pm Friday night for 11 hour overnight flight with no sleep - can't sleep on planes

Hang about London Airport for 2 or 3 hours Saturday then fly back to Edinburgh

Taxi back to Howdenhall to dump luggage in the house and get changed

Taxi back to town and just get to Shandon in time to catch Ace of Hearts bus to semi final at Hampden

It was one of those Airdrie games where we were favourites but played gash and lost, absolute shocker of a game

bus back to Edinburgh after game

Taxi back to the house

No food, milk or anything in house and couldn't be arsed going out

Went to bed well pissed off, knackered, starving and vowing never to do that again....

Madrid in 93. I mind Wallace Mercer getting a load of abuse at the final whistle when he came down to applaud the fans.

Midloth_Iain

technically, Auckland NZ to Edinburgh on Friday 12th May 2006, arrived at Hampden for the Gretna cup final 3 minutes before kick off

(to be fair I was just returning from holiday)

or Prague (Slavia) by Scotland Abroad bus !

Just Paris abroad

But some Scottish trips seem further.

Dingwall / Inverness can be a long day though I do realise no where in Scotland is really that far away.

jambo-in-furness

Munich, by coach, toilet was a nightmare on the return journey made the trip seem twice what it was.

Munich, by coach, toilet was a nightmare on the return journey made the trip seem twice what it was.

I never did the bus trips in the 80s

Only because of other commitments. The journeys back!

alicante jambo

Talin from alicante for me.One of the best trips of my life met a lot of really good jambos some that post on here.Wont be missing any more european trips from now on.Trouble is the bird has made it clear shes going with me from now on

Saudi Arabia to Glasgow for 19/5/12. Best investment I ever made. After FoH of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chester copperpot

I flew from Florida to France when we played Bordeaux as I was on holiday with the family but took 2 days to attend the match.

I was not a particularly popular chap doing that let me tell you!

MacDonald Jardine

Madrid in 93. I mind Wallace Mercer getting a load of abuse at the final whistle when he came down to applaud the fans.

Do you?

Not from where I was.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Perth to Paisley

When working in the Netherlands I used to come home very weekend to see Hearts

And the wife

Archived