A Penny for Ann's Thoughts...

Rudy T

I'm wondering where she's at with all this.

Let's be brutally honest she's done wonders and with the stand build in full flow the operations side of the business running well she can stand back and say she's fulfilled her part of the deal take her cash and sit back. No one could blame her she'll be forever remembered fondly as the Queen of Hearts.

Or

Is the businesswoman instincts kicking in and rather than just be heralded for her off field achievements will she step in on the football side and start kicking some ass. The media coverage over the weekend won't sit well with her IMO regardless of visions and plans and revolutionary ideas. She knows we're her customers at the moment and I doubt she wants to hand over a business with unhappy customers?

Thoughts?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as we keep turning up and handing over our cash she won't give a shit. If the money starts drying up then she might do something - although I am still doubtful.

Levein has complete authority over the football side of the business, he is also a director.

We are stuck the way we are I'm afraid.

ford donald

She must be regretting certain appointments.She has done a excellent job since taking charge,pity the rest has not followed.

As long as we keep turning up and handing over our cash she won't give a shit. If the money starts drying up then she might do something - although I am still doubtful.

Levein has complete authority over the football side of the business, he is also a director.

Without Levein coming on board we wouldn't have got Budget and may not have a club. She made it very clear that she needed someone like him who knows the football side of things.

It is not that I dislike her as I don't, I just think we look on her a bit too fondly.  I certainly do not want a 70 year old 'progressive' woman running our club.

Without Levein coming on board we wouldn't have got Budget and may not have a club. She made it very clear that she needed someone like him who knows the football side of things.

JJ could offer her that as a director??

Yep I agree with you, so what happens if levein turns out to be shit? Who is judging leveins performance? Who is holding him to task?

No one.

It is not that I dislike her as I don't, I just think we look on her a bit too fondly. I certainly do not want a 70 year old 'progressive' woman running our club.

What do you think would happen if she walked away right now ?

Don't worry as soon as the stand project is complete she will be only to happy to hand over to the fans.

And again a shrewd move by Ann. Which now begs the question is she Ann Budge the soon to be retired businesswoman or Ann Budge the owner? As an owner she would put personal feelings aside and act on her business instincts and step in. I'm not suggesting she will sack him but I think she'd question his remit. I fear now she's moved on knows FoH are taking control and the hard decisions will be left to them.

Yep I agree with you, so what happens if levein turns out to be shit? Who is judging leveins performance? Who is holding him to task?

No one.

That's going to be Budge's first big decision I assume. Personally I think Levein is a safe pair of hands for the football side long-term and I'm much happier with the Budge-Levein combo than just Budge, partly because I think Budge may leave after 5 years if Levein does and while we could replace Levein or abandon the DoF model, we won't replace Budge easily.

Levein's got a big ego but also isn't stupid. I think he'll know when he's failing and will change it. We're trying a different approach. My take is it worked with Neilson, although I get not everyone agrees on that score.

It is not that I dislike her as I don't, I just think we look on her a bit too fondly. I certainly do not want a 70 year old 'progressive' woman running our club.

How did you feel about the Russian out of interest?

What do you think would happen if she walked away right now ?

Don't worry as soon as the stand project is complete she will be only to happy to hand over to the fans.

Ann will not walk away until she has her money back.  That is why she did this.  She never donated money to us as a gift, she is a business woman.

You dont switch off a business mind and allow any complacency my guess is she is getting concerned she just isnt a reactionary fan.

Pants Shaton

You are a rubbish human.

A penny for her thoughts?

You should suggest that to her. It could be used as a new way to raise funds.

Rudi the Cocker Spaniel

I suspect she's thinking what the hell do you have to do to keep some people happy.

alanthejambo

I don't think she will be happy at all about falling to 5th. She wasn't pleased about being 4th remember

Ann Budge will receive interest on her investment but she has not and will not receieve a penny in remuneration for her job running the club. She works full time hours+ and her position would normally pay circa ?400,000 pa. She'll likely have been at the helm for about 6 or 7 years before she stands down.

Does Ann Budge not care what's going on as long as the supporter cash is coming in? Well... let's consider the fact that she came along to the rescue in the first place and devotes so much time and effort to run the club. Is she no giving a shit? Don't be ****ing silly *****.

Cruyff Turn

I reckon she will already be putting questions to Craig Levein about performances, to justify signings and Cathros appointment. After the Hibs game at Easter Road I think she started putting pressure on Levein to get onto Cathro and MacPhee.

I think we will have budgeted for 4th minimum for next season's budget. I can't see her sitting idly by and watching us finish below expectations and what we have budgeted for considering we probably spent a small fortune in January.

At the end of the day her interests as Chairwoman are what benefits Hearts, she has to be impartial. As a supporter she may have a differing opinion but as someone who will know how much we have spent, what was the expectations and what we could stand to lose then I think she'll be on Leveins case big time.

GorgieRules22

I just don't arse lick Ann Budge.

I think it's just called being grateful for having someone with the club at heart and running it and doing a good job. If people can't see that I'd question there sanity to be honest.

We are poor on the park no doubting that but there's only so much the chairwoman can do.

Mental to even question her but you do spout some shite on here so only expected.

I think it's just called being grateful for having someone with the club at heart and running it and doing a good job. If people can't see that I'd question there sanity to be honest.

We are poor on the park no doubting that but there's only so much the chairwoman can do.

Mental to even question her but you do spout some shite on here so only expected.

I don't like her 'progressive' outlook and they way she is almost entirely focusing on the 'family' when thinking of the fans.  

Why she has done more for turning this club around than the majority of owners.

There hasnt been a better custodian of this club in my lifetime......perhaps Mercer for keeping the lights on but his tenure at the end wasnt great.

Probably thinking that Levein deserves a wage rise.

Everyone knows you have an agenda against

AB and CL and Ann Park as well.

I think we will have budgeted for 4th minimum for next season's budget. I can't see her sitting idly by and watching us finish below expectations and what we have budgeted for considering we probably spent a small fortune in January.

I don't think we did spent a small fortune in January.

Money in: Sold Muirhead and Rossi for a fee, freed up Ozturk and Juanma's wage (not sure if we got a fee for either), freed up a chunk of Sammon's wage and the Watt loan ended early

Money out: Isma and Martin deals, bunch of 6 month loans

The 6 month loan group are players who were desperately without a club so I doubt they'll be getting paid anything close to significant. Plus in return Hearts are offering them a chance to get their career back on track with high end training facilities and some games televised UK wide. Though they haven't exactly made their CVs look better in given some recent efforts..

I think Isma has been worth the money so far, but is clearly not a lone striker. Martin, we'll see.

Overall, I think we've saved money from business in January, but being out the cup early (albeit with 4 games worth of cash) and slipping down the league to lower prize money is making it become ridiculous gamble.

Ann Budge has a vested interest in ensuring the club on and off the field prosper. Goodwill and attendances only last so long when the product on the pitch is as poor as it currently is.

Ann Budge requires the continued support of the fans to ensure her investment is repaid. Without it she will wait infinitely longer to receive her deferred funds.

It is with the above, that I am confident that come the summer we will make the necessary amends required to ensure next season is not a repeat of the current one.

What those amends look like I have no idea, but rest assured she won't want to see turnover drop.

GorgieRules22

Probably thinking that Levein deserves a wage rise.

You do realise that Craig Levein overlooks the footballing side from the youths right up to the first team eh ? Granted we are a poor side at the moment and it's going to take until the summer to sort it but they will. The lads at under 12,13,14,15,16 and 17's are top drawer and this is not just down to Levein but he has played a huge part of this.

Look at the bigger picture.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

She said less than 3rd would be failure. Levein failed to reassure or allow Neilson space and appointed a possibly talented but apparently ridiculously raw replacement.

So he has it all to answer for

I would say it's debatable that she's doing a good job running us as a football club.

We are 5th in the league, 17 points behind Aberdeen and 9 points behind a team that were in the Championship last season. We are on a horrendous run of form and will not get close to the 65 points achieved last season.

We were knocked out of Europe by a Maltese team in the summer.

We've been knocked out the cup two years running by a championship team.

We have a squad of players assembled with no real thought and a fair number of short term deals. We are also losing our best player for a small amount of compensation. Add to that the turnover of players and wasted wages.

Everyone knows you have an agenda against

AB and CL and Ann Park as well.

I was kidding actually.

I don't have a Problem with Ann Budge, she helped save the club and is doing a remarkable job off the field and we look very strong. I think she should be asking questions of the awful job Levein is doing and hopefully is.

Ann Park,, I have no issue at all with her and the incident with hospitality is in the past and I have spoken to her since I admire the job she does.

Craig Levein is not bringing anything to the club and the sooner he leaves the better.

GorgieRules22

I would say it's debatable that she's doing a good job running us as a football club.

We are 5th in the league, 17 points behind Aberdeen and 9 points behind a team that were in the Championship last season. We are on a horrendous run of form and will not get close to the 65 points achieved last season.

We were knocked out of Europe by a Maltese team in the summer.

We've been knocked out the cup two years running by a championship team.

We have a squad of players assembled with no real thought and a fair number of short term deals. We are also losing our best player for a small amount of compensation. Add to that the turnover of players and wasted wages.

I've never seen her in the dugout yet.

hearts related nickname

Ageist and sexist, good job. What exactly is your preferred profile for a club chairman?

It is not that I dislike her as I don't, I just think we look on her a bit too fondly.  I certainly do not want a 70 year old 'progressive' woman running our club.

I do

GorgieRules22

I was kidding actually.

I don't have a Problem with Ann Budge, she helped save the club and is doing a remarkable job off the field and we look very strong. I think she should be asking questions of the awful job Levein is doing and hopefully is.

Ann Park,, I have no issue at all with her and the incident with hospitality is in the past and I have spoken to her since I admire the job she does.

Craig Levein is not bringing anything to the club and the sooner he leaves the better.

You say Craig Levein doesn't bring anything to the football club, I'll call shite on that and suggest that you don't know much with regards to the Hearts younger age groups.

Cruyff Turn

I don't think we did spent a small fortune in January.

Money in: Sold Muirhead and Rossi for a fee, freed up Ozturk and Juanma's wage (not sure if we got a fee for either), freed up a chunk of Sammon's wage and the Watt loan ended early

Money out: Isma and Martin deals, bunch of 6 month loans

The 6 month loan group are players who were desperately without a club so I doubt they'll be getting paid anything close to significant. Plus in return Hearts are offering them a chance to get their career back on track with high end training facilities and some games televised UK wide. Though they haven't exactly made their CVs look better in given some recent efforts..

I think Isma has been worth the money so far, but is clearly not a lone striker. Martin, we'll see.

Overall, I think we've saved money from business in January, but being out the cup early (albeit with 4 games worth of cash) and slipping down the league to lower prize money is making it become ridiculous gamble.

Agent fees?

Frank Sidebottom

What difference does the fact she is a woman make?

You say Craig Levein doesn't bring anything to the football club, I'll call shite on that and suggest that you don't know much with regards to the Hearts younger age groups.

Then maybe he should concentrate on dealing with the kids and leaving the First team to someone who knows what they are doing.

Birregrande

I don't like her 'progressive' outlook and they way she is almost entirely focusing on the 'family' when thinking of the fans.  

Things like that can be sorted out later.

The present & now is that we need her, and we should be grateful for her stepping in (the alternatives were a weirdo who lived in a caravan, and some hobo builder - might even be the same guy). 

GorgieRules22

Then maybe he should concentrate on dealing with the kids and leaving the First team to someone who knows what they are doing.

We've had a poor season but over the piece Craig Levein has done a good job since coming into Hearts....be careful what you wish for because although we're not playing great the clubs is in very good hands, we'll come good but it'll be next season now.

Nookie Bear

I agree with that, but only when it comes to her idea of what the atmosphere should be like.

Apart from that, it's difficult to truly criticise her.

She will be having some sleepless nights right now, I have no doubt of that, but I cannot see her doing anything until the end of the first quarter next season. I don't agree with that but she has a much bigger insight into the mood around the club than I do.

We've had a poor season but over the piece Craig Levein has done a good job since coming into Hearts....be careful what you wish for because although we're not playing great the clubs is in very good hands, we'll come good but it'll be next season now.

Since we came up from the Championship I don't see any progress. Allowing our best young talent to let their deals run down and the signings have been shocking.

I hope you are right about next season but I fear we will still be no further forward and possibly lower than 5th.

Cruyff Turn

What about them? Are you suggesting these were large ?

I'd imagine 10's of thousands at least.

upgotheheads

you just can't help yourself can you.

I just don't arse lick Ann Budge.

That's because you're too busy licking your own.

GorgieRules22

Since we came up from the Championship I don't see any progress. Allowing our best young talent to let their deals run down and the signings have been shocking.

I hope you are right about next season but I fear we will still be no further forward and possibly lower than 5th.

I think that at last lessons are being learned with regards to bringing in foreign imports and trying to find a gem. We need to focus on British based players and getting back to basics.

Archived