Weiss

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling

Favourite for the job I believe.

Could be as early as Monday.

Of course this will probably break down and I'll look like a fool but hey, win some lose some.

jamboinglasgow

Of course this will probably break down and I'll look like a fool but hey, win some lose some.

any ideas if hearts are going to encourage him to get an assitant who has british experence?

Think that is a nessecary requirement.

Only a Game

You'll hardly look like a fool if your just guessing like the rest of us.

You already do look like a fool if your hinting that youve got some kind of inside track on this that no one else has.

Ryan Gosling

You already do look like a fool if your hinting that youve got some kind of inside track on this that no one else has.

There's no inside track anywhere, I'm simply led to believe he's the preferred choice for the job and if his interview goes well he could be appointed as early as Monday.

No big razzamatazz or anything, just passing on what I heard.

Personally I'm bored with the speculation. Wake me up when there's been an appointment. I'm tired of arguing about the possibilities, because none of them will be acceptable.

scott herbertson

i don't have a problem with Weiss - it would be nice to see someone alongside him with a bit of knowledge f the scottish game

What's John Colquhoun doing these days - he's the sort of intelligent and sensible guy I would like to see there -or maybe Dave McPherson - someone to add a bit of stability and a lot of Hearts to the mix

Only a Game
There's no inside track anywhere, I'm simply led to believe he's the preferred choice for the job and if his interview goes well he could be appointed as early as Monday.

No big razzamatazz or anything, just passing on what I heard.

In that case it rather depends who you heard it from. If it was Campbell Ogilvie, Vladimir Romanov or perhaps Pedro Lopez then "what you heard" might well have some credibility.

If it was anyone outwith that circle then they are guessing and your simply passing that on, because lets be honest here, no one outside that circle is really likely to know the script on who is currently the favoured man in the minds of the club.

For what its worth, and its simply my opinion from reading between the lines, I think he's favourite as well, but its highly unlikely, again in my opinion, to be Monday.

I'd prefer Thordarson myself (if we really must have one of them) because Weiss does not fit the criteria of the 1st January statement and I think experience of British football is an absolute must here. If its Weiss they'll have to bring in a very decent assistant with SPL experience

If a Scottish assistant is being considered... surely John Robertson is in the frame?

I'm not going to even entertain "my choice" but of all the names associated with Hearts at the moment. Weiss has the most outstanding track record.

uling out megaphones, car park outbursts etc.....

I guess he's our man........

Although, I believe Avram "Champs Final" Grant is available!

Charlie-Brown

If newspaper reports are to be believed then we think we know that

a) Weiss is having further talks with Hearts / Romanov this weekend.

B) Thordarson doesn't have any talks scheduled as far as has been reported.

c) Zygmantovich doesn't know why people are linking him with the Hearts job.

Drylaw Hearts

The very thought of another non-English speaking Manager depresses me.

The very thought of Vladimir Romanov thinking he knows how to pick a decent Manager further depresses me.

It would be a massive risk appointing this guy imo.

TBF the OP told me about Weiss 24 hours before it hit the press so maybe he might actually know something about this.

I give it 11 pages.

I wonder if Lubomir Moravcik will be his assistant. He is a Slovakian of simialr age to Weiss with experience of Scottish football. He was also linked with the Dunfermlie job last season I think

Drylaw Hearts
This is a relief, Chris never gets in right with his inside track!

I look forward to talks breaking down and someone else being unvieled. Granted probably worse than Weiss.

I've said dozens of time now. Wrong appointment in the present circumstances. Being the best of a bad much is not good enough IMO.

Plus a DH say Vlad has an appaling record of picking managers. He does seem to have taken the search over himself after the McGee snub.

I think CO has had the matter taking out of his hands for failing to deliver MM.

VR has a shocking record at picking Managers/Head Coaches for Hearts.

6 in a little over 2.1/2 years is evidence of that.

portobellojambo1

The very thought of Vladimir Romanov thinking he knows how to pick a decent Manager further depresses me.

Agree.

Now is not the time for appointing people who know nothing about the game here, but in their favour speak fluent Russian, which appears to be all he has going in his favour.

This appointment has to be right for Hearts, not right for Romanov. The club needs someone who can come in and steady the ship, someone with knowledge of how the game is played here, not someone who will be starting from scratch in an unfamiliar country playing a type of football he knows nothing about.

Poor choice in my opinion and unsurprisingly shows the Club are not sticking to their Jan 1st statement.

Billy Davies is sitting there without a job, and like him or loathe him, he has a far superior managerial record to the other 3 and has a lot more experience of Scottish Football!!

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Vlad is basing his interest in Weiss solely on tehe fact they beat Celtic 5-0. Its about the level of intelligence Vlad has shown us when it comes to footballing matters!!

Dirk Diggler

Disappointed if true.

A massive gamble.

Not what we needed at this moment in time IMO.

portobellojambo1
Poor choice in my opinion and unsurprisingly shows the Club are not sticking to their Jan 1st statement.

Billy Davies is sitting there without a job, and like him or loathe him, he has a far superior managerial record to the other 3 and has a lot more experience of Scottish Football!!

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Vlad is basing his interest in Weiss solely on the fact they beat Celtic 5-0. Its about the level of intelligence Vlad has shown us when it comes to footballing matters!!

Very probably.

Before hearing his name if every Hearts fan had been asked to vote for a European coach they would like to see at Hearts absolute guaranteed cert not 1 would have voted for Vladimir Weiss, now, since his name has appeared as a Romanov pick, some think he would be a good appointment.

I think he does speak English but not fluently. HMFC have an interpreter and Weiss may even appoint an English-speaking assistant, so that problem could be overcome at first and lessened if he learns English as he goes along.

I think you are assuming Romanov, and only Romanov, will be making the choice. You may of course be right.

Every managerial appointment is a risk. Even the best looking ones don't come off eg Sven/Man City, PLG/Rangers. We could hold out a bit longer for Fergie resigning if Ron goes, or the French manager (he could be on the Le Dole next week) or maybe Avram Grant, but being realistic they'll have bigger fish to fry.

Dirk Diggler

When people say he can speak 'A little English', Maybe like I can in Spanish, he can say 'Hello', 'Thank you' and maybe he can order a beer?

We've seen the problems that can be caused by having a translator in the dressing room, It's far from ideal.

Drylaw Hearts
I think he does speak English but not fluently. HMFC have an interpreter and Weiss may even appoint an English-speaking assistant, so that problem could be overcome at first and lessened if he learns English as he goes along.

I think you are assuming Romanov, and only Romanov, will be making the choice. You may of course be right.

Every managerial appointment is a risk. Even the best looking ones don't come off eg Sven/Man City, PLG/Rangers. We could hold out a bit longer for Fergie resigning if Ron goes, or the French manager (he could be on the Le Dole next week) or maybe Avram Grant, but being realistic they'll have bigger fish to fry.

A Slovakian/English interpreter ?

I don't think they do.

FWIW, if this guy does get the gig, I assume Frail would be his No.2.

This would be the only part of the January 1st statement that would be end up being true.

Also...............

This guy is VR's choice 100%.

VR has proven he can't pick a Manager for Hearts.

Excuse me for not getting excited about it.

portobellojambo1
When people say he can speak 'A little English', Maybe like I can in Spanish, he can say 'Hello', 'Thank you' and maybe he can order a beer?

We've seen the problems that can be caused by having a translator in the dressing room, It's far from ideal.

I think you have probably summed up his understanding of the English language perfectly JF, it appears to be as basic as that. His understanding of either Scottish or British football is even less than his understanding of the language, his understanding of what is needed at Hearts is even less than his knowledge of the game here in general.

Jam Tarts 1874

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Vlad is basing his interest in Weiss solely on tehe fact they beat Celtic 5-0. Its about the level of intelligence Vlad has shown us when it comes to footballing matters!!

Weiss has won more in his career than Billy Davies has so I don't know where your "far superior" comment comes from. It just sounds like you are determinded to be negative. The Slovakian league and cup double last season shows that Weiss is a winner, that's what Hearts need.

Weiss may have the advantage in the process as he appears to be the last man to be interviewed.

Drylaw Hearts
Weiss has won more in his career than Billy Davies has so I don't know where your "far superior" comment comes from. It just sounds like you are determinded to be negative. The Slovakian league and cup double last season shows that Weiss is a winner, that's what Hearts need.

Weiss may have the advantage in the process as he appears to be the last man to be interviewed.

Would you say the Slovakian League is of a decent standard ?

Now is not the time for appointing people who know nothing about the game here, but in their favour speak fluent Russian, which appears to be all he has going in his favour.

The most pertinent point made on the thread so far IMO.

It means phannybaws can give the manager instructions in his native tongue meaning that there will definitely be no misunderstandings.

I've got a bad feeling about this as I've always wondered whether he'd be able to give up his meddling.

Seymour M Hersh

My sources last night assured me that I was peeshed!!:wacko:

Charlie-Brown

From this article http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/-Weiss-excited-about-Hearts.4178381.jp

He also speaks German and is willing to improve his already decent English in order to become fluent if offered the job.

Weiss has been reluctant to divulge details on his talks with Hearts to date. Artmedia directors are aware that he has been involved in discussions with Romanov and Mindaugas Nikolicius, a financial expert from Hearts' parent company, Ukio Bankas Investment Group.

Speaking to the Evening News today, Weiss said: "I don't want to talk about my contract. I have had some discussions already. What can I say? This weekend I have a meeting with Hearts so maybe I will know more next week. I know everything about Hearts and it is a very exciting chance for me, but this is my business and I must do it privately. It's my problem."

The bold bit looks like actual quotes spoken in english?

portobellojambo1
My sources last night assured me that I was peeshed!!:wacko:

Usually the first hint of that comes from the manner in which your legs are working, rather than from sources. ;)

Drylaw Hearts
From this article http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/-Weiss-excited-about-Hearts.4178381.jp

He also speaks German and is willing to improve his already decent English in order to become fluent if offered the job.

Weiss has been reluctant to divulge details on his talks with Hearts to date. Artmedia directors are aware that he has been involved in discussions with Romanov and Mindaugas Nikolicius, a financial expert from Hearts' parent company, Ukio Bankas Investment Group.

Speaking to the Evening News today, Weiss said: "I don't want to talk about my contract. I have had some discussions already. What can I say? This weekend I have a meeting with Hearts so maybe I will know more next week. I know everything about Hearts and it is a very exciting chance for me, but this is my business and I must do it privately. It's my problem."

The bold bit looks like actual quotes spoken in english?

The Scotsman are hardly going to print any words spoken in his native tongue NMH.

;)

Charlie-Brown
The Scotsman are hardly going to print any words spoken in his native tongue NMH.

;)

True but they also said he already speaks decent enough english so why would he talk to them in slovakian when he could converse in english and he must have spoken some english to them for them print what they did.

Drylaw Hearts
True but they also said he already speaks decent enough english so why would he talk to them in slovakian when he could converse in english and he must have spoken some english to them for them print what they did.

:)

Decent compared to you or me ?

Or decent compared to Anatoli Korobachka or Eduard Malofeev ?

Billy Davies is sitting there without a job, and like him or loathe him, he has a far superior managerial record to the other 3

Eh? Are there 2 Billy Davies' then ?

portobellojambo1

I have read quotes in various journals attributed to Romanov, who by all accounts speaks only pigeon English. The bit I am interested in is the line which says "I know everything about Hearts". The guy himself, or his intepreter, is talking out the fecking hole in his erse.

Drylaw Hearts
A truly shocking decision of true. This appointment has VR's manky paws all over it. :rolleyes:

100%.

A truly shocking decision of true. This appointment has VR's manky paws all over it. :rolleyes:

Totally agree.

However, I still maintain he is the best option of the three, if it had to be one of the three.

A huge, huge, huge gamble though. The sort of gamble that stinks of desperation.

:)

Decent compared to you or me ?

Or decent compared to Anatoli Korobachka or Eduard Malofeev ?

As your from Drylaw I can only assume his English is on par with you - at the very least. ;)

Dirk Diggler

The sort of gamble that stinks of desperation.

Replace desperation with incompetence.

We could still go out and get JJ or BD.

We won't.

If this appointment goes wrong though, Which I fear it will, Going out to get JJ or BD might not be an option for Hearts.

Totally agree.

However, I still maintain he is the best option of the three, if it had to be one of the three.

A huge, huge, huge gamble though. The sort of gamble that stinks of desperation.

Best of the 3 maybe Bigh but the best we could get ? No chance IMO. Is the club really saying we have sunk that low. I have a feeling of utter disbelief at the moment. :confused:

Best of the 3 maybe Bigh but the best we could get ? No chance IMO. Is the club really saying we have sunk that low. I have a feeling of utter disbelief at the moment. :confused:

Again I agree. The reason that our "list" comprises of these three is entirely down to one man and his mucky paws.

Drylaw Hearts
As your from Drylaw I can only assume his English is on par with you - at the very least. ;)

We speak Pholish in Drylaw.

It's now the primary language.

Gigolo-Aunt

Posters might think this is an over reaction, but I will be ****ing disgusted if this guy gets the job.

We will be going down the same old road repeating mistakes.

Archived