Venomous Hatred

Martin_T

August Landmesser

Halfwits on here and in the wider world don't understand what the role of DoF is. Despite CL explaining it at AGMs and on Q&As on here.

Halfwits also read the likes of Kris Boyd and Craigan talking about laptops, halfwits also read/watch post-match interviews from Cathro and because he's talking in words of more than syllable seem to think that he's out of his depth or a spoofer.

****ing halfwits piss me off, I can tell ya.

A lot of these halfwits might also be annoyed because they're not allowed to sing their party songs anymore, and so are just seeing bad in absolutely everything the current board are doing.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halfwits on here and in the wider world don't understand what the role of DoF is. Despite CL explaining it at AGMs and on Q&As on here.

Halfwits also read the likes of Kris Boyd and Craigan talking about laptops, halfwits also read/watch post-match interviews from Cathro and because he's talking in words of more than syllable seem to think that he's out of his depth or a spoofer.

******* halfwits piss me off, I can tell ya.

A lot of these halfwits might also be annoyed because they're not allowed to sing their party songs anymore, and so are just seeing bad in absolutely everything the current board are doing.

What have people been misunderstanding?

No one is saying he should be immune from criticism. It's the personal hatred that baffles me.

I dont have a "personal hatred" for him. I just think that he's doing an absysmal job as Director of Football.

the current shambles is where we have reached after 3 years of stability and financial tail wimds created by Dir ct debits and huge home gates. He has oversight of football matters and deserves the criticism coming his way. He is the one signing off on multiple year deals for the likes of Sammon, Martin Oshaniwa, Anderson, Rielly inter alia .

His overight of the squad has been a disaster.

Explain what? He gave Neilson his backing publicly then Neilson decided he wanted to leave for the English third tier. What did you want him to explain to you?

No he never and Neilson's interviews was getting more bizarre by the minute and it was highlighted on here ,  and the more the flak came from the fans he sat there and said nothing , he hung Neilson out to dry . 

Geoff Kilpatrick

No he never and Neilson's interviews was getting more bizarre by the minute and it was highlighted on here , and the more the flak came from the fans he sat there and said nothing , he hung Neilson out to dry .

Neilson hung himself out to dry. Levein was quoted in the papers after the Maltese debacle supporting Neilson so either you missed it or you're talking nonsense.

Edit: He was also interviewed by Kickback as well and was as forthright as ever. This idea that Levein is some sort of "shitebag" grates with me.

I'll get shot for this but don't care - got a thick skin!

I understand the frustration and attacks on players attitudes and everything. But what sh*t luck. A team of new, good technical players that showed they could outclass Rangers, etc., faced with a cup / derby game, which if they lost, would result in immediate loss of faith, trust and potential.

It is logical now that confidence would be affected and result in even more loss of faith, trust and potential. This is going to spiral downwards. I think we could miss a rather positive season but maybe I'm just an always glass half full type.

Maybe this is why patience is a virtue. Many were saying at the beginning of this year this was a re-building period because of all the changes. That's out the window now. Let's bring in a new manager. We can then say it's a re-building period ... and then go off on another downward spiral when one other thing goes wrong ;-)

Geoff Kilpatrick

I dont have a "personal hatred" for him. I just think that he's doing an absysmal job as Director of Football.

the current shambles is where we have reached after 3 years of stability and financial tail wimds created by Dir ct debits and huge home gates. He has oversight of football matters and deserves the criticism coming his way. He is the one signing off on multiple year deals for the likes of Sammon, Martin Oshaniwa, Anderson, Rielly inter alia .

Which is fine. I'm questioning his performance too. I just hate this inference that he is "hiding" and that he's some sort of coward. He's a truculent SOB but he doesn't hide.

August Landmesser

Specifically what part of the role has been misunderstood?

That the DoF doesn't pick the ****ing team. That the DoF is a strategic role, not a tactical role. That the DoF has so much more to do for this club than micro-manage the first team's performance on a Saturday afternoon

That the club was in bits when CL took over, and that it takes time to put a long-term vision in place.

Anyone looking for instant results?

Remember how we skooshed the Championship by 20 points, even though we were planning for two years down there? That was pretty ****ing instant. Remember how we finished 3rd and got into Europe in our first season as a promoted team? Notice how we've got the 4th biggest budget in the league and we're currently in 4th spot despite changing managers and half the squad in the middle of the season?

The worst thing that has happened to this club in the past three years was beating Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup.

Some of my response may have digressed a little...

Neilson hung himself out to dry. Levein was quoted in the papers after the Maltese debacle supporting Neilson so either you missed it or you're talking nonsense.

Edit: He was also interviewed by Kickback as well and was as forthright as ever. This idea that Levein is some sort of "shitebag" grates with me.

The fans were on Neilsons back long long before Maltese debacle honestly who are you trying to kid . your wrong end of story and i could not give a flying one what ever way you try to dress it up you are wrong . ps your denial grates with a lot of people on this forum its been seen many times Geoff , however if you wont to back a deuce then crack on ,

williamgerrard

But halfwits like yourself are happy  to let then dof ruin our club with his massive ego and pish tactics

Geoff Kilpatrick

The fans were on Neilsons back long long before Maltese debacle honestly who are you trying to kid . your wrong end of story and i could not give a flying one what ever way you try to dress it up you are wrong . ps your denial grates with a lot of people on this forum its been seen many times Geoff , however if you wont to back a deuce then crack on ,

Neilson started to lose the fans after the first vermin debacle, particularly after the "moneyspinner" comment. Are you seriously suggesting Craig Levein should have come out and try to justify that? Deary me!

That the DoF doesn't pick the ******* team. That the DoF is a strategic role, not a tactical role. That the DoF has so much more to do for this club than micro-manage the first team's performance on a Saturday afternoon

That the club was in bits when CL took over, and that it takes time to put a long-term vision in place.

Remember how we skooshed the Championship by 20 points, even though we were planning for two years down there? That was pretty ******* instant. Remember how we finished 3rd and got into Europe in our first season as a promoted team? Notice how we've got the 4th biggest budget in the league and we're currently in 4th spot despite changing managers and half the squad in the middle of the season?

The worst thing that has happened to this club in the past three years was beating Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup.

The worst thing that has happened to this club has been 1 win in 6 games (after extra time) against lower league opposition. Alternatively losing to maltese part timers in Europe, beating Aberdeen in the cup a bad thing? I deapair.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

The worst thing that has happened to this club has been 1 win in 6 games (after extra time) against lower league opposition. Alternatively losing to maltese part timers in Europe, beating Aberdeen in the cup a bad thing? I deapair.

We embarrassed ourselves in Europe.

Would suggest that was worse than last Wednesday night.

Neilson started to lose the fans after the first vermin debacle, particularly after the "moneyspinner" comment. Are you seriously suggesting Craig Levein should have come out and try to justify that? Deary me!

Honestly your excuses are chronic Geoff  . deary deary me Neilson was lambasted , Planes  , posters on lamposts  shouting from the stands ,etc etc etc and hear you defending the DOF for sitting on his jacksy aye his jacksy a said . aye it makes the rest of your posts look even more bizarre as well  BUT AYE IT HAPPENED, just go with the flow eh  .  but but but what would you know from your gaff as far a field as it is . 

We embarrassed ourselves in Europe.

Would suggest that was worse than last Wednesday night.

Arguable Raith, Hibs last season and Hibs this season are no great shakes.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Honestly your excuses are chronic Geoff . deary deary me Neilson was lambasted , Planes , posters on lambasted ,etc etc etc and hear you defending the DOF for sitting on his jacksy aye his jacksy a said . aye it makes the rest of your posts look even more bizarre as well BUT AYE IT HAPPENED, just go with the flow eh . but but but what would you know from your gaff as far a field as it is .

What are you slavering about? When muppets were flying planes Neilson had the backing of virtually the whole support. Commenting on halfwit actions would have given them what they wanted.

By the way, if you actually look at the thread (and elsewhere) you will see I'm saying that Cathro AND Levein have until the end of the season to turn things round otherwise they BOTH should go. That's because of performance, not because of any pathetic personal vendetta as espoused by the likes of you who think Levein "hides" from fans.

The fact that our fans are passionate resulted in us saving the club. It resulted in us buying worthless shares, getting right behind FOH in huge numbers, selling out the stadium every single week etc etc. When things arent going well (as now) that passion will go the other way and I am absolutely sure Craig Levein will understand that, as should Ann Budge.

If the club were given a choice of a passionate, angry support who still give their money, or a disillusioned one who dont, which do they think they would choose? 

What are you slavering about? When muppets were flying planes Neilson had the backing of virtually the whole support. Commenting on halfwit actions would have given them what they wanted.

By the way, if you actually look at the thread (and elsewhere) you will see I'm saying that Cathro AND Levein have until the end of the season to turn things round otherwise they BOTH should go. That's because of performance, not because of any pathetic personal vendetta as espoused by the likes of you who think Levein "hides" from fans.

i have no personal vendetta but i know for a fact that he never came out at any time at all when Neilson was getting all the flak , is there something wrong with admitting the truth  i know you find it hard but, You can deny all you want or live in denial all you wont i could not give a monkeys . now please do one and that is me being polite .

Geoff Kilpatrick

i have no personal vendetta but i know for a fact that he never came out at any time at all when Neilson was getting all the flak , is there something wrong with admitting the truth i know you find it hard but, You can deny all you want or live in denial all you wont i could not give a monkeys . now please do one and that is me being polite .

He didn't need to come out and "back" Neilson at the time of the stunt because there was no need to. Muppets like Owens were using Neilson as a proxy to have a go at Budge.

But then, you knew that already.

I dont feel vitriol towards Levein.I just think that he is not doing a very good job and he has unrealistic ideas on how to progress the football side of the club..After a good start gaining promotion we have lost our way and momentum has gone.Some of our signings are almost farcical. I put the responsibility on Leveins shoulders,I hope Ann Budge can call on a 2nd opinion.

Cairneyhill Jambo

I think you should read it again. I called out people who think you can only be pro or anti Levein with nothing in between.

Read it again?? You mean you edited it to change it from simpletons to some people. Oh dear. Out of interest, why does your original post not highlight that you edited like everyone else that edits posts?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Read it again?? You mean you edited it to change it from simpletons to some people. Oh dear. Out of interest, why does your original post not highlight that you edited like everyone else that edits posts?

I didn't edit it. You'd need to ask a Mod about that. I stand by what I wrote.

Cairneyhill Jambo

I didn't edit it. You'd need to ask a Mod about that. I stand by what I wrote.

Says a lot when a mod has to edit your posts.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Says a lot when a mod has to edit your posts.

It says a lot when the more appropriate word I wanted to use (seven letters - ends in wit) is censored. The point being, as demonstrated on this thread, that some people can only see you being "for" or "against" someone. That's tragic.

He didn't need to come out and "back" Neilson at the time of the stunt because there was no need to. Muppets like Owens were using Neilson as a proxy to have a go at Budge.

But then, you knew that already.

The PLANE stunt was not the only time he took flak but hey ho you knew that as well because it is in my earlier posts so why are you trying to make excuse after excuse and make a fool of yourself its gid though , ffs how far you want to dig the whole . deluded springs to mind and tragic 

Geoff Kilpatrick

The PLANE stunt was not the only time he took flak but hey ho you knew that as well because it is in my earlier posts so why are you trying to make excuse after excuse and make a fool of yourself its gid though , ffs how far you want to dig the whole . deluded springs to mind

Ok. What "excuse" am I making? In addition, please tell us exactly when, in your opinion, that Levein SHOULD have publicly backed Neilson but didn't? Times and dates please.

I was through at Firhill today, we were sitting near the directors box in fact. Today was especially poor, poor result and a poor performance. I still don't understand that the absolute venomous hatred expressed by some fans towards Craig Levein at the end of the game. It was a wee bit embarrassing to be honest, guys properly losing the plot and trying to get in CL's face etc.

Now I disagree with a few things about how the footballing side of the club has been run recently, but it's also true to say that I believe that the management are trying their best by the club. They didn't deserve that reaction. Hearts form will turn upwards again, you can be sure of that. The overall direction of the club remains positive.

He is the person responsible for the football side,why should he not get stick when its going pear shaped? He appoints, so he's fair game.

AB is doing everything for the club she should be doing,others are under performing!

Ok. What "excuse" am I making? In addition, please tell us exactly when, in your opinion, that Levein SHOULD have publicly backed Neilson but didn't? Times and dates please.

OK so are you are saying it was all Neilsons fault , yet Cathro comes in and there is a complete overall WHY did our DOF not say to him naw naw everything is fine and yet our DOF was wanting Robbie to stay , honestly who is kidding who , FFS Geoff no matter what way you try to defend it or dress it up there have been major fcuk ups over the last 2 years and denying it just make's it look all the more silly as somebody has to be accountable and like or lump i think our DOF  should take a big proportion of the blame . but but i have got a vendetta aye honestly i smell keek .

Geoff Kilpatrick

OK so are you are saying it was all Neilsons fault , yet Cathro comes in and there is a complete overall WHY did our DOF not say to him naw naw everything is fine and yet our DOF was wanting Robbie to stay , honestly who is kidding who , FFS Geoff no matter what way you try to defend it or dress it up there have been major fcuk ups over the last 2 years and denying it just make's it look all the more silly as somebody has to be accountable and like or lump i think our DOF should take a big proportion of the blame . but but i have got a vendetta aye honestly i smell keek .

1. No, no I didn't say it was all Neilson's fault. Our transfer policy has been poor for two seasons now. That's one of the things Levein needs reviewed on. On the pitch is solely Neilson and Cathro. They pick the team and set it up.

2. Again, I judge people on their roles. Levein hands out the contracts. Why he has overpaid for dross needs to be questioned as well.

Now, back to my question. When did Levein not back Neilson as you claim? Times and dates please.

Levein and Cathro get dogs abuse and quite believe they are hurting the same as us, however the players that took part today to a man should take a good look at themselves. I would imagine at least FOUR of today's team won't be here next season. Let's just get behind the team, the only people enjoying themselves at the moment are the media. Watched some Leicester fans getting interviewed today last season they roared their team to that league and to a man are still behind their team. Must have been one of Cathros proudest moments to have been offered the managers job let's see this through.

Levein and Cathro get dogs abuse and quite believe they are hurting the same as us, however the players that took part today to a man should take a good look at themselves. I would imagine at least FOUR of today's team won't be here next season. Let's just get behind the team, the only people enjoying themselves at the moment are the media. Watched some Leicester fans getting interviewed today last season they roared their team to that league and to a man are still behind their team. Must have been one of Cathros proudest moments to have been offered the managers job let's see this through.

Yes. There will be big changes to the squad in the summer so IC will effectively be starting from scratch next season so patience will be needed again.

1. No, no I didn't say it was all Neilson's fault. Our transfer policy has been poor for two seasons now. That's one of the things Levein needs reviewed on. On the pitch is solely Neilson and Cathro. They pick the team and set it up.

2. Again, I judge people on their roles. Levein hands out the contracts. Why he has overpaid for dross needs to be questioned as well.

Now, back to my question. When did Levein not back Neilson as you claim? Times and dates please.

NOW When has he backed Neison on any of the occasions i pointed out in earlier posts ? Times and dates please huh not once have you answered i wonder why and i asked how many times ????? give up ya roaster your beat he sat on his jacksy end of story and let Robbie take the lot dry .  I could go on Geoff but will leave it at that . goodnight .

Out of interest....we can all speculate but who do you think the transfer policy falls under? CL seems like an easy target but I can't decide where the blame lies here between him, AM and IC. I'm not xenophobic by any means but I'm just mooting the idea if we currently have too many imports in our team that simply don't "get it"? Tziolis is a wonderful player no doubt about it but I'm not sure if is suited to Scotland. The only people I ever enjoy watching are Walker, Nicholson and Djoum.....and Djoum has plenty of off days too. I feel we need a whole rethink.

I'm not having a go at you but Scottish football seems to have this jumped up aura of superiority when talking about how "foreigners" struggle to fit in. Tzolis is a player with 60+ international caps. He can play in Scotland, to think otherwise is deluded and arrogant. Why he's not performing might be worth a discussion. Lack of games, fitness, language problems or problems with the management team! I do think there is a major problem bringing in so many players on short term deals. Yes they have to perform to get a longer contract but it doesn't provide a stable base for the team and I think that is where the problem is atm however CL does deserves criticism for the transfer policy.

I've been away for a few days without internet and just come back to what seems to be a total meltdown for team and fans.

The Hibs result is unacceptable, not seen the performance but read a bit today and heard Cathros post match comments. Today seems to have been another lacklustre game and unsurprisingly Cathro is getting the majority of the stick for not being able to motivate the players. I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. The media has been determined to have a go at IC from the minute he came in. There is a time for criticism but I don't see Mark McGhee getting the same level of criticism and he deserves more imo. That however does not excuse the performances of the management and team recently. This is the virtually the same Hearts team that took apart The Rangers. This team can (and has) played well. Cathro & MacPhee can motivate the players, I saw it first hand against Killie, The Rangers and Motherwell.

They need to pick up their performances and this has to happen on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geoff Kilpatrick

NOW When has he backed Neison on any of the occasions i pointed out in earlier posts ? Times and dates please huh not once have you answered i wonder why and i asked how many times ????? give up ya roaster your beat he sat on his jacksy end of story and let Robbie take the lot dry . I could go on Geoff but will leave it at that . goodnight .

What earlier posts? I asked you to point out these occasions and behind all that inane bluster you refuse to do so.

Says it all.

Sadly, this is where I'm at too.

Funny. Any televised game shows him in the directors box where, er, directors watch the game from. Maybe if you stopped acting like a Riccarton groupie you'd realise this.

And your point being?

Feg9 or properly should it be feg right off?

Geoff Kilpatrick

And your point being?

The point being that he was stating that Levein was hiding. Hiding in plain sight it would seem.

And i will say it to you again , when Robbie was taking all the flak did you see or here him at any time come out and try explain . perhaps you are to far away to understand ? this advice is also free not to sure you will grasp it though going on your previous twisted attempts .

If Levein came out and said anything, everyone would be all over him about how he picks the team. A no win situation for him. Calmness is needed!

Reminds me of the way Mercer was abused, spat at and had scarves thrown in his face as he sat with his family on the afternoon we failed to get promotion against Motherwell. One would have thought that with the price of football nowadays, these halfwits wouldn't be able to afford to go.

I don't remember that.

That the DoF doesn't pick the ******* team. That the DoF is a strategic role, not a tactical role. That the DoF has so much more to do for this club than micro-manage the first team's performance on a Saturday afternoon

Remember how we skooshed the Championship by 20 points, even though we were planning for two years down there? That was pretty ******* instant. Remember how we finished 3rd and got into Europe in our first season as a promoted team? Notice how we've got the 4th biggest budget in the league and we're currently in 4th spot despite changing managers and half the squad in the middle of the season?

You reckon the worst thing that happened was Hearts winning a SC tie against Aberdeen ?

You have the temerity to call other people 'halfwits '. Lay of the drink FFS.

I would agree, don't hate the man myself, but do hate the style of football he (imo) tries to impose/influence.

Do you have evidence that he is imposing a style of football on the head coach?

Do you have evidence that he is imposing a style of football on the head coach?

No concrete proof but I look at CL when he was in charge of Scotland. He went to playing percentage possession football when he was there, constantly tinkering with formation, playing players out of position and believing he could change the style of play at international level which in turn would feed its way through into the club game.

Cathro is trying to play possession football, tinkering with team selection and believes he can change the way Scottish league football is played by playing a different style.

The issue is that style is not working as no one else is changing their style. Cathros football works in Spain and Portugal, even England to a certain degree where you get a bit of time on the ball. It doesn't work in Scotland as you're constantly under pressure from an opponent who lacks skill but makes up for that in effort. Until we can get a Scott Brown/Nir Biton type central midfield who win the ball and play in their more creative players, we are going to struggle.

Looking at games since Cathro has come in, the home game against Patrick, Dundee away, the 2 games against Hibs, Aberdeen. Their midfield battled and put us under pressure. Our players couldn't handle the battle and consequently we performed badly. Any team playing us between now and end of season is going to take one look at it, physically harass and battle our midfield and if they can't show a bit of fight, chances are we will lose.

Our signing policy and footballing philosophy goes against the way the game is played here. We've had very little fight or stomach in big games for the last 3 years. That's not down to Cathro, that suggests it goes much deeper.

I've been going to games since 79/80 and the only time I can recall us having no stomach for a fight was when we got relegated in 80/81 where we lost a lot of soft goals.

I don't really think its venomous hatred, it's just that there's a lack of effort being put in by these players. Cathro is spinning the same line every week yet seems to be doing nothing about kicking ass among the players to put a tackle in or fight for possession when challenged.

Fans will accept losing games but what they won't accept are abject lacklustre performances which is what we are getting. Attitudes and playing style needs to change, this is the SPFL not La Liga

Archived