Venomous Hatred

Martin_T

I was through at Firhill today, we were sitting near the directors box in fact. Today was especially poor, poor result and a poor performance. I still don't understand that the absolute venomous hatred expressed by some fans towards Craig Levein at the end of the game. It was a wee bit embarrassing to be honest, guys properly losing the plot and trying to get in CL's face etc.

Now I disagree with a few things about how the footballing side of the club has been run recently, but it's also true to say that I believe that the management are trying their best by the club. They didn't deserve that reaction. Hearts form will turn upwards again, you can be sure of that. The overall direction of the club remains positive.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Malinga the Swinga

What I would call a fair post, but be prepared to be attacked by the rabid minority who have it in for Levein big time.

I was through at Firhill today, we were sitting near the directors box in fact. Today was especially poor, poor result and a poor performance. I still don't understand that the absolute venomous hatred expressed by some fans towards Craig Levein at the end of the game. It was a wee bit embarrassing to be honest, guys properly losing the plot and trying to get in CL's face etc.

Now I disagree with a few things about how the footballing side of the club has been run recently, but it's also true to say that I believe that the management are trying their best by the club. They didn't deserve that reaction. Hearts form will turn upwards again, you can be sure of that. The overall direction of the club remains positive.

I have never met Levein and have no idea what he's like as a person. I have no idea why quite a few folk on here have a strong dislike for him, either. Another thing that seems to be popular is making puns from Cathro's name. I've seen about half a dozen efforts on here tonight. The whole atmosphere round about the club right now is absolutely ****ing awful. I'm in no way blaming the fans for that, but it's beginning to feel a bit Butcher-era Hibs.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why is the Director of Football immune to criticism when the football side of things is a shambles?

No one is saying he should be immune from criticism. It's the personal hatred that baffles me.

I think a man who was prepared to punch one of his own players during a pre season match would understand how passionate we can all get over it.

glastonbury jambo

spot on ...lets keep losing and pay hard earned money, ... you dont get football do you.

Why is the Director of Football immune to criticism when the football side of things is a shambles?

Good question.

It seems he is in charge for all things football, but not responsible for anything to do with football.

Seriously what do you have against CL? It's so tedious you having pathetic wee pops at him every week.

Did you not in fact, post a pic of you and him inside Tynie, with you smiling away?

No one is saying he should be immune from criticism. It's the personal hatred that baffles me.

I would agree, don't hate the man myself, but do hate the style of football he (imo) tries to impose/influence.

Good question.

It seems he is in charge for all things football, but not responsible for anything to do with football.

Easier just to pin it all on whatever rookie coach we get in than the man hiding upstairs pulling the strings.

I would agree, don't hate the man myself, but do hate the style of football he (imo) tries to impose/influence.

Ha - you clearly hate him. At least be honest.

Seriously what do you have against CL? It's so tedious you having pathetic wee pops at him every week.

Did you not in fact, post a pic of you and him inside Tynie, with you smiling away?

I don't like his style of football as manager/DoF. . Liked the player, don't have an issue with the man himself. You would realise that if you could read my posts.

Good question.

Its nothing new nobody seen hide nor hair of him when the heat was turned up on Robbie and he got all the flak . The man could not lie in his bed straight .

Levein is solely to blame for this utter mess. Totally deserves the criticism.

I think it's right that he's ultimately accountable as head of the footballing department at the club. But there are mitigating circumstances particularly as due to neglect in the latter Vlad years, the Academy conveyor belt has a gap in it that will take a few years to catch up.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Its nothing new nobody seen hide nor hair of him when the heat was turned up on Robbie and he got all the flak . The man could not lie in his bed straight .

Funny. Any televised game shows him in the directors box where, er, directors watch the game from. Maybe if you stopped acting like a Riccarton groupie you'd realise this.

The playing squad and the head coach is his responsibility. Fans are well within their rights to voice their displeasure for the state we're in.

I don't like his style of football as manager/DoF. . Liked the player, don't have an issue with the man himself. You would realise that if you could read my posts.

Did you tell him all that when you posed with him.....

Konrad von Carstein

I agree as well. The binary thinking of simpletons on here is mind blowing.

Very poor from you, but not a huge surprise, it's now your M.O.

Ha - you clearly hate him. At least be honest.

Hate what he is doing at the club (as manager and DoF I think things could have been done a different way with better/same results), don't hate the man himself as I am big enough to know that not everyone sees things the way I do.

I have never said anything different.

He thinks he is doing a great job, I don't, some people have a problem with that.

I would also say that to him at the right opportunity......not a mascots big day out.

Did you tell him all that when you posed with him.....

I also didn't tell Walker I didn't vote for him as fans player of the year when I presented him with his award.

Time and a place.

Your point is?

Jam Tarts 1874

Reminds me of the way Mercer was abused, spat at and had scarves thrown in his face as he sat with his family on the afternoon we failed to get promotion against Motherwell.  One would have thought that with the price of football nowadays, these halfwits wouldn't be able to afford to go.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Very poor from you, but not a huge surprise, it's now your M.O.

Call it what you like. It's accurate. You either "love" or "hate" someone with them. There's no nuance whatsoever.

Of course Levein is totally responsible for the current mess we are currently in - he calls all the shots!

His grand 5 year plan is in tatters after couple of years. He promised us continuity of coaches as if we had the likes of Paisley and Fagan in our 'boot room' ready to step up to the plate - look who we have Jon feckin Daly!!

His whole football strategy for the Club is flawed - he has sold Budge a pup and he needs to go!!!

Funny. Any televised game shows him in the directors box where, er, directors watch the game from. Maybe if you stopped acting like a Riccarton groupie you'd realise this.

who is talking about tv games ?: riccarton groupie i aye ok  .

Hate what he is doing at the club (as manager and DoF I think things could have been done a different way with better/same results), don't hate the man himself as I am big enough to know that not everyone sees things the way I do.

I have never said anything different.

He thinks he is doing a great job, I don't, some people have a problem with that.

I would also say that to him at the right opportunity......not a mascots big day out.

Don't have a problem with you saying that. Actually agree he's not done a good job the last 2 years, I hope his appraisal from Ann (assuming he gets one) reflects that.

You do hate him though!

It was embarassing, but honestly, the performance was more so. I reckon Craig understands football fans, and won't have been totally surprised that some protested their disgust forceably. I suspect it was a new experience for AB though. She looked a little shocked.

Levein is not bomb proof. There are many things that are questionable. The constant turnover of players, poor recruitment, the handing of long term contracts to average players, the model of placing an inexperienced manager in charge of the side. Football is a simple game. Let's get back to basics.

I also didn't tell Walker I didn't vote for him as fans player of the year when I presented him with his award.

Time and a place.

Your point is?

You actually do hate Levein and have multiple issues with the man. You not admitting that and pretending otherwise is poor stuff tbh.

Geoff Kilpatrick

who is talking about tv games ?: riccarton groupie i aye ok  (mod delete) .

And the abuse flows. I'll explain it again. You say you see no sign of Levein when he's shown to me on a screen from 10,000 miles away. Perhaps you are starting from the wrong place?

This advice is free to you. Should be plenty.

I think a man who was prepared to punch one of his own players during a pre season match would understand how passionate we can all get over it.

:spoton:

You actually do hate Levein and have multiple issues with the man. You not admitting that and pretending otherwise is poor stuff tbh.

No I don't hate Levein (i know who and what I hate). I hate what he is doing in his role, that is different.

Levein was a great player, how does that work when I hate him?

Levein has done a few good things as D.o.F.(before Wednesday my last 4 or 5 posts mentioning his name were positive, but you probably didn't read the content), how does that work when I hate him?

Levein is big enough to be criticised, pity some fans can't cope with that.

Praise where it's due, criticism where it's due, simples.

I'm trying to calm down and look long term.

I think right now we are at a junction where we've chosen to go down the value based approach in bringing in foreigners and trying to turn a profit but its not working. Once players start to come through the academy we'll maybe start to see how things are to come together. Right now though we are stuck with these mercenaries that don't give a ****.

I think Levein is absolutely accountable for the current player problem, Martin, you started a thread recently highlighting the huge turnover of playing staff over the last 2 years and I think this is Leveins problem. He hasn't adequately built a spine to this team and currently all parts are interchangeable which I don't believe should be the norm. He needs to put himself in the public eye and address this to the media. Some humility would go a long way in calming the fans down.

I think there is an underlying issue about his ego which is becoming a problem, fair enough it was Keith Jackson and his magic 8 ball transfer rumours but McGowan was rumoured to have been in talks. Our team has no personalty. No one in that team seems the type to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and take push individuals forward. McGowan has that personality and its something we are badly lacking. In relation to his ego, his refusal to resign any players from the vlad era stinks. There are sound arguments to getting these players in to settle the squad but instead of signing players the fans can rally behind Levein thinks he knows better which highlights a clear problem IMO.

FWIW I do think Levein cares about the club, but his ego needs to get put in check soon.

And the abuse flows. I'll explain it again. You say you see no sign of Levein when he's shown to me on a screen from 10,000 miles away. Perhaps you are starting from the wrong place?

And i will say it to you again , when Robbie was taking all the flak did you see or here him at any time come out and try explain . perhaps you are to far away to understand ? this advice is also free not to sure you will grasp it though going on your previous twisted attempts .

Cairneyhill Jambo

You started the abuse. Just because people don't agree with you, you call the simpletons. Aye, whatever.

That hardly counts as him standing up and speaking out.

I have been seen in the crowd on a few occasions on TV.

That hardly counts as him standing up and speaking out.

I have been seen in the crowd on a few occasions on TV.

And to be fair mate, you're a good looking fella.

ShortmanRossco

Out of interest....we can all speculate but who do you think the transfer policy falls under? CL seems like an easy target but I can't decide where the blame lies here between him, AM and IC. I'm not xenophobic by any means but I'm just mooting the idea if we currently have too many imports in our team that simply don't "get it"? Tziolis is a wonderful player no doubt about it but I'm not sure if is suited to Scotland. The only people I ever enjoy watching are Walker, Nicholson and Djoum.....and Djoum has plenty of off days too. I feel we need a whole rethink.

jambo-in-furness

Reminds me of the way Mercer was abused, spat at and had scarves thrown in his face as he sat with his family on the afternoon we failed to get promotion against Motherwell.  One would have thought that with the price of football nowadays, these halfwits wouldn't be able to afford to go.

Sad but true.

According to the Hearts website

"CRAIG LEVEIN

POSITION: Director of Football.

RESPONSIBILITIES: Executive role, principally responsible for setting the strategy to achieve success on the field and for the day-to-day running of the football side of the business, supported by his management team based at Riccarton."

Absolutely no doubt he must take the blame for horrendous signings and poor results. Just as he would take the plaudits for any success achieved.

Ann Budge must be worried. The long term plan to get her, her investment back ultimately relies on fans giving up their hard earned cash on a regular yet voluntary basis. If good will goes and the contributions dry up, where does that leave her?

She needs to keep the fans on board and that means giving fans a bit reassurance that she holds those in charge of the footballing side fully responsible for the current shambles.

Will she be able to kick ass?

I like albeit short term the supposed quality of player that has joined the club. Long term the club is in good hands, I just wish the coaches had the experience to get the team ready for one off big games, hence the cup results over the last few seasons.

Geoff Kilpatrick

And i will say it to you again , when Robbie was taking all the flak did you see or here him at any time come out and try explain . perhaps you are to far away to understand ? this advice is also free not to sure you will grasp it though going on your previous twisted attempts .

Explain what? He gave Neilson his backing publicly then Neilson decided he wanted to leave for the English third tier. What did you want him to explain to you?

Tokyo Drifter

And broke his jaw did he not?

Geoff Kilpatrick

You started the abuse. Just because people don't agree with you, you call the simpletons. Aye, whatever.

I think you should read it again. I called out people who think you can only be pro or anti Levein with nothing in between.

Archived