A restaurant for a 3rd Date

Brian Whittaker's Tache

The Old Tolbooth
3rd date!!? she should be cooking you dinner by now!?

And doing his washing and ironing!

Tell her to know her place, jesus, talk about taking liberties ffs!!!! ;)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth

Anyone been to Izzi's Japanese restaurant?

I've always wanted to try Japanese food but never had the balls!

Anyone been to Izzi's Japanese restaurant?

I've always wanted to try Japanese food but never had the balls!

I was there in February for Valentines night, wasn't to impressed with it tbh.

Firstly the stuck us at a table in a corridor, we eventually got moved and the food wasn't that good either, infact it was that bland I can't remember what I had.

I can recommened a nice thai restaurant, its just off the Royal Mile at the top of Johnstone Terrace!

Say What Again
infact it was that bland I can't remember what I had.

Did you have the balls? I think John was looking for a review :P

329263071_5f3f935c90.jpg?v=0

The Old Tolbooth
I was there in February for Valentines night, wasn't to impressed with it tbh.

Firstly the stuck us at a table in a corridor, we eventually got moved and the food wasn't that good either, infact it was that bland I can't remember what I had.

I can recommened a nice thai restaurant, its just off the Royal Mile at the top of Johnstone Terrace!

I guess it's just what tickles your fancy, I find Chinese food quite bland too, bearable when pished though.

JoH, wtf is that? I'm hoping it's not a fried gonad! :eek:

Say What Again
JoH, wtf is that? I'm hoping it's not a fried gonad! :eek:

I don't think it's fried mate.

The Old Tolbooth
Aye, c'mon Brian... Waverly or off at haymarket?

We should be told! :)

I'm guessing if he's not made it to his pc yet then he's either got lucky, or been stung for breakfast too :wacko:

Say What Again

It's tonight he's going out isn't it?

I'm all ready looking forward to my Sunday moring rolls, cup of tea, and settling down in front of Kickback to get all the sordid details - and I want ALL of them.

Ok, Izzi's is out! :boak:

That picture is the stereotypical uneducated view of Japanese food. :sad:

I've been to Izzi's where I did the teppanyaki dinner menu. Very good it was too. Japanese food is fantastic so long as you stay away from some of the overpoweringly fishy stuff like sea urchin.

Got my third date with the new woman tomorrow, she's a bit classy and i've just been paid so I want to go somewhere cool (she's just moved to Edinburgh too)

Curry's not happening (there's a possiblity of My Nat King to think about!)

I was thinking Tinelli's on Easter Road as I've heard great things about it (very authentic) I also want something quite informal/laid back

I've just moved back to Edinburgh so I'd appreciate a recommendation

Now i am without doubt the very last man in the world ANY guy should take ANY dating advice from but I will give it anyway

Invite her round to cassa del Brian_Whittaker's_Tache and cook her a really nice and healthy meal. Make sure said house is in tip top state (clean and tidy) do a bit of the old Colin and Justin to it -wee bit pot pouri, scented candles (not too obvious tho) and then my good man you will be rattling her till Wednesday :)

chester copperpot
Now i am without doubt the very last man in the world ANY guy should take ANY dating advice from but I will give it anyway

Invite her round to cassa del Brian_Whittaker's_Tache and cook her a really nice and healthy meal. Make sure said house is in tip top state (clean and tidy) do a bit of the old Colin and Justin to it -wee bit pot pouri, scented candles (not too obvious tho) and then my good man you will be rattling her till Wednesday :)

Thats the worst advice I've ever seen on here. I have had trouble posting back to this advice, as I fell off my seat laughing (seriously I did) at this post.

Top notch Si, top notch.

Guest gorgie kev

Spending tonight on your on then Si? ;)

festerlehearts
Got my third date with the new woman tomorrow, she's a bit classy and i've just been paid so I want to go somewhere cool (she's just moved to Edinburgh too)

Curry's not happening (there's a possiblity of My Nat King to think about!)

I was thinking Tinelli's on Easter Road as I've heard great things about it (very authentic) I also want something quite informal/laid back

I've just moved back to Edinburgh so I'd appreciate a recommendation

hi buddy you ve hit 3rd base well done the apartment at barclay place at bruntsfield you cant go wrong there good food good wine and its the same menu as the outsider in george iv bridge get in there :thumbs_up:

chester copperpot
TGI Fridays ;)

expensive but great food:dribble:

Over rated IMO.

Best place for a steak is a place/chain called Julie's (I think).

Unbelievable.

marsha, anyone taking me to TGI fridays on an actual date, wouldn't get another date, or any thing else for that matter lol

great idea as a contraceptive though ;)

raphaels is a great shout and there is a terrific wee italians on forest road too which i can't remember the name of.

barioja on jeffries street is wonderful, and it sells cruz campo on draft! yum :D

Over rated IMO.

Unbelievable.

if you want a great steak i have to admit i can't see past the sizzling scot. love the food there, and the service is good too

marsha_takis
marsha, anyone taking me to TGI fridays on an actual date, wouldn't get another date, or any thing else for that matter lol

great idea as a contraceptive though ;)

raphaels is a great shout and there is a terrific wee italians on forest road too which i can't remember the name of.

barioja on jeffries street is wonderful, and it sells cruz campo on draft! yum :D

i think my idea is a nono:laugh:

Invite her round to cassa del Brian_Whittaker's_Tache and cook her a really nice and healthy meal. Make sure said house is in tip top state (clean and tidy) do a bit of the old Colin and Justin to it -wee bit pot pouri' date=' scented candles [/b'](not too obvious tho) and then my good man you will be rattling her till Wednesday :)

Thats the worst advice I've ever seen on here. I have had trouble posting back to this advice, as I fell off my seat laughing (seriously I did) at this post.

Top notch Si, top notch.

Got to agree with Chester on this one, I8.

She'll never drop her drawers if she thinks he's a buftie.

Over rated IMO.

Unbelievable.

I reckon McKirdy's does a nice steak...

i think my idea is a nono:laugh:

nah, each to their own. love the fact we all have different likes and dislikes

Third date and you are still trying to impress?!?!?!?! BWT, you are lacking in the charm department mate.

If you have the bucks and are looking to impress, by all means go to an expensive restaurant. I would go with the shouts from others to cook for her though.

Get some good scoff in, some good wine (possibly some bubbles) and make up some story about you just wanting to get to know her and for it to be "just the two of you" for the evening. :)

Remember, regular stops to take photos for us, just none of your wanger! :)

It's tonight he's going out isn't it?

I'm all ready looking forward to my Sunday moring rolls, cup of tea, and settling down in front of Kickback to get all the sordid details - and I want ALL of them.

Sorry wrong night, just cant wait on all the details

Is she a New Town girl- T t First

Is she a Gorgie girl Hand straight down the G string

Or is she a Leith girl :eek:

The suspense is killing me :dribble:

The suspenders are killing me :dribble:

Just get the wife to whip them off mate lol ;);):P:p:hobofish:

Walter Payton

The suspense is killing me :dribble:

You mean slip her some cash?

The Old Tolbooth
Third date and you are still trying to impress?!?!?!?! BWT, you are lacking in the charm department mate.

If you have the bucks and are looking to impress, by all means go to an expensive restaurant. I would go with the shouts from others to cook for her though.

Get some good scoff in, some good wine (possibly some bubbles) and make up some story about you just wanting to get to know her and for it to be "just the two of you" for the evening. :)

Remember, regular stops to take photos for us, just none of your wanger! :)

Oh you old smoothie you, I'm all weak at the knees now

:D

The Old Tolbooth

I've been to Izzi's where I did the teppanyaki dinner menu. Very good it was too. Japanese food is fantastic so long as you stay away from some of the overpoweringly fishy stuff like sea urchin.

To be honest mate, that's the sort of stuff I would go for, I have a seriously strong palate for seafood.

Oh and if Mr Whittakers Tache did go for that type of food, then if he got lucky his breath wouldn't be any different afterwards ;)

Guest S.U.S.S.
So did you rattle her then ?

The lack of posting confirming things at least went well says to me it was a disaster.

So. what do kickbackers think happened?

Did he say, well that was a nice meal, i paid, so, back to mine for afters?

Or

Did he order her a salad?

Say What Again

If that's directed at me for posting the picture mate then you're reading to much into it.

John said he'd never eaten balls. I did a google image search for testicles food, and posted one of the results.

That's all.

Guest gorgie kev
The lack of posting confirming things at least went well says to me it was a disaster.

Or

Or maybe she buggered off with the waiter:dribble:

I've got faith in the bloke.

I reckon he's still pounding her now :biggrin:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

She's just left....

A walk on the beach at Gullane in the afternoon then we went to Compass opposite the nick on Queen Charlotte Street (a short wander home)

Food was pretty good, venison medallions with chorizo rissotto for me, swordfish steak for her and a good bottle of Zinfandel, desserts to share then back for a few Oloroso's in the garden under the moonlight before a bit "Tache Action"

Breakfast at Bijou this morning after a walk on the beach at Porty.

Guest S.U.S.S.
She's just left....

A walk on the beach at Gullane in the afternoon then we went to Compass opposite the nick on Queen Charlotte Street (a short wander home)

Food was pretty good, venison & chorizo rissotto for me, swordfish steak for her and a good bottle of Zinfandel, desserts to share then back for a few drinks in the garden under the moonlight before a bit "Tache Action"

She put out on the third date?

Slag;)

chester copperpot
She's just left....

Food was pretty good, venison medallions with chorizo rissotto for me, swordfish steak for her and a good bottle of Zinfandel, desserts to share then back for a few Oloroso's in the garden under the moonlight before a bit "Tache Action"

You remind me a bit of the guy from the Fast Show. _41705066_moretoni_bbc_203.jpg

I mean that as a compliment BTW. Well done on getting yer Low Tide as well.

davemclaren

Or

Right, I'm making up a story about a threesome next week-end if that's all it takes to get a Lothario reputation....

Guest S.U.S.S.
Right, I'm making up a story about a threesome next week-end if that's all it takes to get a Lothario reputation....

Well, hope, you, Frank and Colin have a lovely weekend;)

So she got pung?

Happy days!

Tip for the future; cut out all this beach-walkin' malarky.

Archived