A restaurant for a 3rd Date

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Got my third date with the new woman tomorrow, she's a bit classy and i've just been paid so I want to go somewhere cool (she's just moved to Edinburgh too)

Curry's not happening (there's a possiblity of My Nat King to think about!)

I was thinking Tinelli's on Easter Road as I've heard great things about it (very authentic) I also want something quite informal/laid back

I've just moved back to Edinburgh so I'd appreciate a recommendation

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oo, looks like I'm first in :D

Get her pumped.

In all seriousness I'd either consider Pizza Hut or take her to either Pizza Express on the North Bridge (don't let the informal name fool you; it's actually a really nice, laid back place with good food). You could also try New Orleans in Fountain Park if you fancy a steak :D

Say What Again
I was thinking Tinelli's on Easter Road as I've heard great things about it (very authentic) I also want something quite informal/laid back

As soon as I saw the thread title I clicked it with the intention of suggesting Tinelli's.

The food is great - but be warned about the decor - it's not unclean, it just looks like it hasn't been done up since 1976. If she likes 'posh' then it's maybe not such a good choice.

The other thing to keep in mind is afterwards, I don't know if you' d be going for a drink after but if you are, you're only real option round there is Utopia - unless you think she'd like Middletons, Tamsons or the Royal Nip.

Select on Portobello High Street is another small and laid back place with excellent (very affordable) food.

Whereabouts in Edinburgh are you?

It'll be easier to recomend a place if we know what side of town your on. You don't want to be too far from your cat & mouse if you've played your cards right and she's up for the cup.

Say What Again
so I want to go somewhere cool (she's just moved to Edinburgh too)

Just re-read your post. I'm not sure Tinelli's would ever be described as 'cool'.

They can boast David Murray and Sean Connery amongst their diners though.

Got my third date with the new woman tomorrow, she's a bit classy and i've just been paid so I want to go somewhere cool (she's just moved to Edinburgh too)

Are you not going to ask her to go down to Leeds to meet you ?

The food is great - but be warned about the decor - it's not unclean, it just looks like it hasn't been done up since 1976. If she likes 'posh' then it's maybe not such a good choice.

Tinelli. Tremendous food, dodgy decor, but tables are very close together if you're planning on some verbal foreplay. :P

If you want informal/laid back try Fishers in the City (or the original in Leith), Skippers (Leith), La Bruschetta at Haymarket (tables maybe a bit close there too) or Cento Tre in George Street.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Pizza Hut??? You're having a tin one!! She's a classy bird (gets out the bath to take a pi5h and everything!)

I'm in deepest darkest Leith but she's in Bruntsfield so anywhere's cool

Pizza Hut??? You're having a tin one!! She's a classy bird (gets out the bath to take a pi5h and everything!)

If she ain't happy with the Hut she ain't worth the trouble. Stuck up cow.

Stuart Lyon

I agree with the recommendation for Fisher's in the City. Very spacious but mabe a bit pricey but you may be prepared to pay that for your Nat King Cole.

****et Pavillion at the top of Leith Walk, opposite the Playhouse, bottom corner of the block

Good Thai food, doesn't have to be spicy, handy for a wee trip to the pub or cinema if you fancy it afterwards

Nelly Terraces

The Apartment.

Modern, cool, laid back and trendy. Bit like myself. It's modern Brit or Mediterranean. Don't do 'starters' as such, but food to share, so you can get all intimate with sharing yer scran.

Then you go back to her's and do her senseless. :P

It's what I'd be doing anyway.

Cheers.

The Love Food Doctor.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
If she ain't happy with the Hut she ain't worth the trouble. Stuck up cow.

:bravo:

....food to share, so you can get all intimate with sharing yer scran...

Good shout NT.

That's the way to play it... as long as you use your nailbrush before you go out.

Got any photos?

jambos are go!

Merchants in Merchant Street down the hill from Greyfriars Bobby if you can get a table. Good ambience,varied fixed price menu, well cooked local produce. Wee Gem IMO & VFM.

eddie fenwick

do the business,ask her to leave as he has things to do phone the chinese and watch the game,problem solved

What's your cooking like?

Get her round yours, get the old family recipe book out, couple of bottles of pink fizz before you know it your headboard will be getting rattled!

Rabbie_Burns

Rafael's in Stockbridge, fabulous little place with excellent food and good service. Not cheap but not OTT either, highly recommend !

Guest S.U.S.S.

If uv not had you nat after two dates sack her ur obviously not pushing the right buttons.:)

It's far from expensive or classy, but International Starters by The Shore. Simple food you can share, few decent bars close by for apres munch drinkies and if your pad is in Leith, you don't have far to go if it all goes well...

If that date doesn't earn you some lovin' but your planning on keeping trying, this might help too... http://www.trustedonlinepharmacy.com/buy-med.php?med=Rohypnol

(please note that in giving the last bit of advice I am in no way condoning its use)

It's far from expensive or classy, but International Starters by The Shore.

Brian, do not go there. It's garbage. You'll end up getting dumped.

Sawdust Caesar
In all seriousness I'd either consider Pizza Hut or take her to either Pizza Express on the North Bridge (don't let the informal name fool you; it's actually a really nice, laid back place with good food). You could also try New Orleans in Fountain Park if you fancy a steak :D

There is a Pizza Express in Stockbridge/Comely Bank which is in nicer surroundings than the one on the North Bridge.

The Apartment.

I was specifically going to recommend The Apartment (or its sister establishment, The Outsider on George IV Bridge) before you even mentioned the Bruntsfield bit. Oozes class, and you've got reasonably nice wee bars like Henricks nearby as well. You don't want to be dragging her off down Fester Road or Leith.

I can also heartily endorse one of the other suggestions from above - Cafe St Honore in Thistle St Lane. It's like stepping in to France - very chic and stylish ambience.

Bear in mind I'm a classy bird and I know what I'm talking about. :)

There is a Pizza Express in Stockbridge/Comely Bank which is in nicer surroundings than the one on the North Bridge.

This is a gross generalisation, but "classy" and "National Chain Restaurant" don't really go together.

Just thought of another one - the Doric Tavern, upstairs in Market Street. Scottish produce, lovely ambience.

buca junior

Outsider would tick the boxes, usually need to book in advance for Friday or Saturday night. I fnot the same company own the Apartment just down from Bruntsfield.

Have heard good things of Merchants and the gallery which overlooks Princes Street Gardens.

Sawdust Caesar
This is a gross generalisation, but "classy" and "National Chain Restaurant" don't really go together.

I agree, all I was pointing out was that one is in a nicer area than the other. I never said the restaurant was classy.

Cafe Marlene - Thistle st (round the corner from Queens Arms)

Petit paris - Queensferry st (down from Mathers)

Both excellent and informal.

Peckhams in Bruntsfield also good although never been the same since big Calum the chef left a few years ago.

Cafe St honore (thistle st lane) a wee bit more formal but also good.

Italian - Vittorios (Leith Walk or Geo IV bridge) or La Favourita (same family - Leith Walk).

Chinese - Rendezvous queensferry Road, Kweilin Dundas St.

Otherwise, the Belmonte for a king rib and a fumble up arthurs seat.

Christ, no wonder I'm a right FB.

I agree with Vittoria's on Leith Walk. Really good food and friendly staff.

Why not book a table in the restaurant part of the Basement on Broughton Street (nice mexican but not nippy), then a few pints in the bar, over to the Outhouse and into the heated beer garden for a wee shneck, then she should be all lubed up and ready for action.:)

Somewhere "cool" with a "classy" woman and asking on a Friday afternoon ........ these kinda places will most likely already be booked up.

What's your budget and style of food preference?

Oo, looks like I'm first in :D

Get her pumped.

Pizza Hut??

:laugh:

The Apartment.

Modern, cool, laid back and trendy. Bit like myself. It's modern Brit or Mediterranean. Don't do 'starters' as such, but food to share, so you can get all intimate with sharing yer scran.

Was about to suggest that myself. Was there in December and the food was excellent.

John Findlay

Petit Paris(Queensferry Street) would by my recommendation too.

John

Can't believe no-one's mentioned Giulianos on Union street yet.

Excellent Italian food and if you want a bit of class yuo should get it there.

It could lead to your chip roll!

70's Throwback
Can't believe no-one's mentioned Giulianos on Union street yet.

Excellent Italian food and if you want a bit of class yuo should get it there.

It could lead to your chip roll!

Maybe the informal that he's looking for but not exactly classy :confused:

Jambojohnnyboy
Maybe the informal that he's looking for but not exactly classy :confused:

Agree entirely, in fact i don't remember having a meal there that I've really enjoyed.

The Apartment.

It's what I'd be doing anyway.

Cheers.

The Love Food Doctor.

Cant argue with this suggestion. The Apartment is very good

don't think you should be feeding her if your going for your nat king cole, all this does is block up her ashley cole for later:eek: sorry!

Let us know how you get on.

Say What Again
The Outsider on George IV Bridge

My mate 'has' to take his bird there as she's a fussy, stuck up cow.

Say What Again
Petit Paris(Queensferry Street) would by my recommendation too.

Was there for the other halfs, sisters 21st.

The Tuscan Sausage was up there with one of the best things I've eaten* (in Edinburgh)

* not that I eat ANY other 'sausages' :P

Archived