mellors1874

Get it stopped hearts

Thats about 5 to 6 games vs this mob we have lost the battle out there

That today was slow paced and hibs wanted it more

Thats unacceptable

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll take a good pumping at ER. This team ain't built for Derbys and that someone tell Cathro me and all my family will pay that Martin boys release.

Get it stopped hearts

Thats about 5 to 6 games vs this mob we have lost the battle out there

That today was slow paced and hibs wanted it more

Thats unacceptable

This.

Years ago we had players that knew what this tie meant. Hasn't been the case recently

We'll take a good pumping at ER. This team ain't built for Derbys and that someone tell Cathro me and all my family will pay that Martin boys release.

Settle down. Wasn't a great performance at all, but pumped at ER is a touch on the drastic side. I also don't see what would merit Martins expulsion from Tynie

Has anyone else noticed that the worst offenders these days seem to be home grown players like Walker and Nicholson?

They completely **** off when playing Hibs as if they don't want to pump their wee pals like Cummings.

Bollocks.

We were the only team trying to play football, Hibs came with a plan to lump it, hope for the best and to stop us playing. In other words, they were only worried about us instead of trying to win the match.

Our passing was shit and it was frustrating but not once did I think that we were being outfought.

Cathro looked well pissed off at the end & I can see us taking 4-5 off them in the replay.

Has anyone else noticed that the worst offenders these days seem to be home grown players like Walker and Nicholson?

They completely **** off when playing Hibs as if they don't want to pump their wee pals like Cummings.

Are you having a laugh

kingantti1874

Bollocks.

We were the only team trying to play football, Hibs came with a plan to lump it, hope for the best and to stop us playing. In other words, they were only worried about us instead of trying to win the match.

Our passing was shit and it was frustrating but not once did I think that we were being outfought.

Cathro looked well pissed off at the end & I can see us taking 4-5 off them in the replay.

I agree with u

Bollocks.

Nae chance we will score 4-5 down at easter road

I wont read a better post than this today.

Sam and Jamie lack a pair of balls when its scrappy.

Settle down. Wasn't a great performance at all, but pumped at ER is a touch on the drastic side. I also don't see what would merit Martins expulsion from Tynie

Really? Must be the only one then seeing he was hooked at half time for being so out of his depth against a team that plays in the league below us. The boy is another Osh.

A_A wehatethehibs

We had a lot of new players out there. Playing both Martin and tziolis was the wrong call. They will both be good players for us but just weren't ready for that. No time on the ball and a dodgy pitch.

They better be ready for the next one. I would have a midfield of kitchen tziolis djoum next game.

The good news is despite winning the battle in midfield, hibs only hit the target once the whole game. They didn't really threaten the goal at all. I think Easter Road might suit us. Big pitch, big away support, all the pressure on hibs, they were the ones so desperate for a replay that they played for a draw from minute 1.

Djoum will be the match winner.

Really? Must be the only one then seeing he was hooked at half time for being so out of his depth against a team that plays in the league below us. The boy is another Osh.

It was tactical he should have hooked Nicholson for Johnson first.

Nae chance we will score 4-5 down at easter road

Maybe but they are dire and anything less than 3 will be embaressing

I think the better pitch will help us at ER.

Very confident of going through.

Totally agree. They will be super confident now but we will play way better than we did today. We will also pick a better side. The situation hasn't changed, it's a must win tie, we just need to do it at their place instead. I genuinely believe we will get it right.

Riddley Walker

Bollocks.

:lol:

HeartsInMyBlood

They were clearly told to stop us at all costs - surprised Collum kept the yellow away for so long as they continually fouled us. Watch the McGregor knees and shoulder assault on Cowie and then explain how its only a yellow? That summed up their heavyhanded approach. Fairs fair though - they at least sussed how to stop us. Its just as well Cummings is too greedy as he wasted two golden chances for the fat no 9. Theyare clearly a championship squad though and even McGinn showed he is only a second tier player. We at least coped with them pretty easily - if anything our new lads will have learned that a derby is a totally different kettle of fish to the top league.

For those able to get a ticket for the replay - you lucky b*st*rds - seeing us win there will be sweet

We outfought Rangers 2 games, where was that fight today?

Rangers had no fight. Hibs did. As individually we played as bad as it was possible the teams canceled each other out. The surface screwed us big time as in the final 3rd we just couldn't get the ball under control. It was really poor but it could have been worse given how badly we played. I'm confident unlike last season we will see a hugely improved performance in the replay.

BonningtonJambo

Bollocks.

Agree 100% except the 4-5 i said this from the get go ill take 1-0 anything just dont go out to them again with such a wimper

We were terrible today. I have seen worse hearts teams play better hibs teams and win. You can keep your fancy internationals but sometimes a bit dig and fight win the day......we lack this.

We were terrible today. I have seen worse hearts teams play better hibs teams and win. You can keep your fancy internationals but sometimes a bit dig and fight win the day......we lack this.

Fancy internationals?

Walker and Nicholson were atrocious. They were put on that pitch to supply the chances and creativity to our front line and they did absolutely **** all.

Isma was working his bollocks off to no avail but at least he was running at hibs every chance he got.

Bollocks.

Must have been watching a different game from me mate. They won every header and 2nd ball no fight from us. Hopefully different story at ER

Fancy internationals? Is that code for good, experienced players? I thought Struna, Djoum and Tziolis all did well and showed a lot of dig.

Opening post is bang on. That's us now in our 3rd season of derbies where we've surrendered both the psychological and physical dominance required for this type of game. Individually and collectively they're bossing us in these fixtures. We don't know how to play it any more and it's hard to wrest it back. Bit like the mid 1970's for those of us old enough to remember that depressing period in derby games

Opening post is bang on. That's us now in our 3rd season of derbies where we've surrendered both the psychological and physical dominance required for this type of game. Individually and collectively they're bossing us in these fixtures. We don't know how to play it any more and it's hard to wrest it back. Bit like the mid 1970's for those of us old enough to remember that depressing period in derby games

Dangerous to surrender the initiative in a derby fixture, which we did for no apparent reason in the Championship season. As you say and as we're finding to our cost, it's extremely difficult to wrest it back.

Gordon Ramsay

Bollocks.

4 or 5 at Easter Road?

If its 4 or 5 it wont be for us.

Shocking lack of passion and fight, terrible performance.

4 or 5 at Easter Road?

If its 4 or 5 it wont be for us.

Shocking lack of passion and fight, terrible performance.

Hibs can barely score 4-5 in an entire season, never mind one match.

If hoofing the ball and booting your opponents off the field is your definition of passion and fight, then our quality will easily see us win the replay.

Personally I'm raging after that today. Absolutely fuming.

I foolishly went into today's game full of confidence and belief. How stupid was I! Different players and a different manager, yet it looked like Robbie was still in charge of us.

Outfought, outplayed and out thought.

No good enough Hearts. Not even close to being acceptable.

Defies belief that we can adopt such a successful approach against Rangers and not look to repeat it. Can't see us going to ER and playing any differently either.

Gordon Ramsay

Hibs can barely score 4-5 in an entire season, never mind one match.

If hoofing the ball and booting your opponents off the field is your definition of passion and fight, then our quality will easily see us win the replay.

Derby games aren't about quality.

We need to show a lot more grit to win this tie.

FenderJaguar7

Must have been watching a different game from me mate. They won every header and 2nd ball no fight from us. Hopefully different story at ER

Strange as I seen Avlonitis win about 15 headers with my own eyes...

Fancy internationals? Is that code for good, experienced players? I thought Struna, Djoum and Tziolis all did well and showed a lot of dig.

You thought Tziolis did well???

Really???

He was absolutely dreadful. How he wasn't hooked at HT far less lasting 90 mins is a mystery. As well playing with 10 men today.

FenderJaguar7

Personally I'm ###### raging after that today. Absolutely fuming.

I foolishly went into today's game full of confidence and belief. How stupid was I! Different players and a different manager, yet it looked like Robbie was still in charge of us.

Defies belief that we can adopt such a successful approach against Rangers and not look to repeat it. Can't see us going to ER and playing any differently either.

Same here man. That performance today was utterly shocking and spineless.

Gordon Ramsay

Personally I'm ###### raging after that today. Absolutely fuming.

Same here.

Just absolutely rubbish.

That is one win out of 7 against a poor Hibs under the DOF'S tenure.

Give it a rest you ffs!!!

Constantly on at levein but you stood next to him getting your photo taken like a wee mouse!!

Big man on an internet eh, you wouldn't say boo to the man.

PeterintheRain

That why they're in the lower leagues then with their 11 Messis?  

Kicking everything that moves is not out playing anybody.  Without their pet ref we win, same as last year.   There is a problem that a club with an ex-celtic manager, full of celtic players and loanees and with a significant member of the GFA as chairman is never going to be treated like the scum they are.

PeterintheRain

Derby games aren't about quality.

We need to show a lot more grit to win this tie.

Yes they are.  There's a reason a team with Levein, Colquhoun and Robertson won al the time. It wasn't through thuggery and tame GFA(gtf) referees.

Yes they are. There's a reason a team with Levein, Colquhoun and Robertson won al the time. It wasn't through thuggery and tame GFA(gtf) referees.

You need to win the battle though. That's something we did consistently in the past. Then the quality comes through. Right now we are losing the battle and the only reason we didn't get beat today is we have better players than them. But keep playing like that and they will get a chance and score, just as they did last season.

It was disappointing today because we didn't play the way we can but it wasn't an utter disgrace. Hibs went for aggressive tactics and it worked, aided and abetted by our pitch. Would have been interesting to see if they changed had Johnsen scored. Idiots predicting thrashings against a team set up not to concede deserve to have their money taken.

He's right today both Jamie and Sam were AWOL.

I agree. But to say that's because don't want to beat their 'pals' like Cummings is laughable.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Slagging off Hibs for fouling and getting stuck in, fighting and scrapping, so what if it means taking a yellow.

All this should be expected in a derby, I wish we had done it, powder puff stuff from us!

This is the exactly what we need to do, at the very least, match them in the battle, go in hard as nails for every 50/50.

Does my nut in watching us get outfought by them.

Lucille's Thirsty

Imagine being pals with Cummings he's another that has a very big opinion of himself,type of lads who need punched.

So they won the battle but their only effort was a chip into Hamilton's hands.

Gotcha

not really getting mate are you? Did you think we looked likely to win as the game went on?

Hibs are average but sometimes average teams who have a gameplan and have players running themselves into the ground come away with a result when the opposition can't handle a bit physicality.

Hearts weren't convincing and they'll(H1b5) play the same way at Fester. It's therefore down to how we deal with that and try to impose ourselves.

Archived