Well, that was pish (Merged Threads)

Swanny17

Zero positives taken. Two Championship sides now we've been completely unable to outplay and outfight.

We're still in the cup. That's a positive bud. I'm going to Gusto for me tea. That's a positive. Taking their cup from them at the Methodrome could be a positive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First 25minutes Collum set the context for it to be an awful game of football. Hibs could have had 5 or 6 players in the book for either shockingly late and hard fouls or deliberate fouls to break a quick attack. Yesterday ICT went through a similar spell against Celtic where they picked up a booking for every foul and that killed them off for the game because they couldn't risk a red and had to let Celtic play. Collum played the "special derby rules" of letting them all go, allowing Hibs to bully Hearts throughout the game. The disappointment was that Hearts dropped out the game rather than match up to Hibs.

Before the game I said to my mate that Tziolis might be caught out by the pace of the game and our right pitch. He expected far more time than he was given. Without h connecting up the play, the whole system lacked cohesion and we weren't able to put Sam and Jamie on the front foot.

Pitch was shocking. Worst I can remember it. Didn't help how we wanted to play and that is a worry for the next couple of months.

Hopefully the bigger pitch, better surface and idea of the 'style' of the game, along with a less lenient ref will see us settle into playing football in the replay.

Bad day at the office but live to fight another day.

LarrysRightFoot

We are a million miles from being the finished article. Cathro and MacPhee are still learning - and i personally think learning quickly. The players are still getting know each other. There will be ups and downs yet but we are on the right road. Give it time.

We were poor all over the pitch , 2ND to every ball , taking too long when we had it .

How Hibs were going to play was obvious , Harrie us at every ball , go after our keeper .

Not a good day ,lessons hopefully will be learnt .

Thankfully Hibs are shit ,we deserved to be knocked out

This. Ad infinitum. All I'll add is that our passing wasn't even schoolboy stuff. It was worse. Hibs had a gameplan. Stuck to it. We had no answer. Collum did let too much go IMHO but we got bullied all day long. I fear for us in the replay.

Captain Bubblebeard

Only positive to take from that was that there is no way we could play any worse and they still couldn't beat us. Leaves me with some hope for Fester where we hopefully won't be paying on a tattie field.

Amoruso_lets_it_run

It's unusual for the pitch to be getting more abuse than the referee after a Collum game.

Haha that's a fair point

It's unusual for the pitch to be getting more abuse than the referee after a Collum game.

Most of his true shockers were in the first 30mins which probably lessened the frustration.

If it makes you feel better he had one true classic when he gave Hearts a free kick in our own box which was taken short. He then stopped play to have it retaken because it hadn't left the box, presumably forgetting it was a free kick not a goal kick.

File along aside Miller catching the ball without a free kick being given, and Cowie being forced to leave the field followong treatment last week despite the recent rule change, as examples of refs just not knowing the rules or how to apply them. I used to stick up for the standard of refs in Scotland as not much difference to anywhere else, but deteriorating fast.

Second to every ball today, no where near good enough.

Don't agree with that statement mate it was a scrappy game fair result on the worst pitch I have ever seen

PeterintheRain

Difficult to make him out on the manure heap.

PeterintheRain

Zero positives taken. Two Championship sides now we've been completely unable to outplay and outfight.

Apart from totally thrashing one of them in the previous round? Or were you thinking about a different team than Raith?

Jam Tarts 1874

Apart from totally thrashing one of them in the previous round? Or were you thinking about a different team than Raith?

There is no way that our extra time win in the replay could be described as "thrashing" them.

Thought it was utterly abysmal stuff from Hearts, more so the 2nd half.

Still, we lack real character and many have banged on about this for over a good year. We don't have players, maybe 1 or 2, who'll run that extra yard to get a toe in, or go in with a proper strong challenge, run that extra yard to harass the opposition and put it in their heads we're here for business.

On the technical we chose the wrong ball all day or were sloppy. Didn't do the right thing. We've got players running down blind alleys trying to take two men on instead of turning and looking for support. Players trying feckin flicks when a thorough pass was all that was needed.

Cowie should've been off the park after his injury as he'd been non existent til then. Djoum should've been on at half time at least.

Just a stinker of a day and the defence kept us steady but not so much on use of the ball.

Jambof3tornado

2 wide players was a mistake from the start when hibs were always going to turn the middle of the pitch into a warzone.

Walker and Nicholson offered bothing at all.

Still think hughes is a poor defender. Goncalves isnt a lone striker.

Martin needed to quicken things up a lot.

Cant blame the pitch for a lack of passion and hunger.

Absolutely shocking performance.

It was not a shocking performance.It was like derbies against Hibs over most years-a close call.Any fan who thought we were going to hammer them is living in cloud cuckoo land.We have marginally better players who are in the early stages of gelling.Wind rain and pitch conditions made the whole game unpredictable.It was a poor game overall but shocking performance it was not.We should win the replay. 

It was not a shocking performance.It was like derbies against Hibs over most years-a close call.Any fan who thought we were going to hammer them is living in cloud cuckoo land.We have marginally better players who are in the early stages of gelling.Wind rain and pitch conditions made the whole game unpredictable.It was a poor game overall but shocking performance it was not.We should win the replay.

I didn't think we'd thrash them but I expected more passion and drive from Hearts.

Still look a timid team at times when the opposition give us a bit of a physical going over.

We totally fell out the game after our early couple of chances in the 2nd half. I'm not saying the vermin dominated, we just went into our shells and hid. The game got stretched and scrappy.

Still, we lack real character and many have banged on about this for over a good year. We don't have players, maybe 1 or 2, who'll run that extra yard to get a toe in, or go in with a proper strong challenge, run that extra yard to harass the opposition and put it in their heads we're here for business.

On the technical we chose the wrong ball all day or were sloppy. Didn't do the right thing. We've got players running down blind alleys trying to take two men on instead of turning and looking for support. Players trying feckin flicks when a thorough pass was all that was needed.

Cowie should've been off the park after his injury as he'd been non existent til then. Djoum should've been on at half time at least.

Just a stinker of a day and the defence kept us steady but not so much on use of the ball.

The positive is our defence has improved. Imagine that game with Smith/Souttar/Rossi/Rherras. 

I agree with most of that but I think Djoum was one of the worst offenders. He ducked out of a couple of 50-50s.

I'm not surprised that's how it went though. Kitchen should have been in the team today.

Fire and passion. :bomb2:

Where the feck was it

That was a disgraceful performance

They looked as if the couldn't give a flying ****

Least they were up for it , won every second ball

This

Fire and passion. :bomb2:

Where the feck was it

That was a disgraceful performance

They looked as if the couldn't give a flying ****

Least they were up for it , won every second ball

Spot on.

No fight or will to win, another woeful performance against that shower.

Some posting that we will win the replay, based on what? 

A total lack of desire, fight, passion and leadership all wearing maroon today, if we don't have that we are not going to win heehaw.

JennytheJambo

Fyvie and Mcginn literally stick their arses out and then fall over, somehow Collum sees that as a foul against us everytime

They were at constantly falling over and it was the same if we pushed forward they were given the free kick.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Most of his true shockers were in the first 30mins which probably lessened the frustration.

If it makes you feel better he had one true classic when he gave Hearts a free kick in our own box which was taken short. He then stopped play to have it retaken because it hadn't left the box, presumably forgetting it was a free kick not a goal kick.

File along aside Miller catching the ball without a free kick being given, and Cowie being forced to leave the field followong treatment last week despite the recent rule change, as examples of refs just not knowing the rules or how to apply them. I used to stick up for the standard of refs in Scotland as not much difference to anywhere else, but deteriorating fast.

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news mate but the ball needs to leave the penalty area in order for it to be in play from free kick.

kingantti1874

Spot on.

A total lack of desire, fight, passion and leadership all wearing maroon today, if we don't have that we are not going to win heehaw.

Just watched the game again, I don't think this is accurate, one thing I will say is we were penalised for everything, hibs got away with murder, game them the opportunity to launch it forward from free kicks every chance they got.

Spot on.

The vermin will play the same way and we'll have to quickly find our guile and guts.

That's the thing, give this Hearts team the fight from the teams of old and that Hibs team would be comfortably beaten. You can see it but because we don't match their desire to win second balls we never give ourselves more opportunities to drive at their defence which WILL crack.

But we need players with the persistence and will to do so.

A bad day at the office which the team will learn from. Hubz set up to stifle our goal threats, who incidentally didn't turn up. Big improvement needed for the replay.

Our midfield lacks the energy and drive of a McGinn type of player,Walkers body language was honking from the 1st whistle today,Cowie is past it and nothing came off for Sam,we were you slow,outfought all over the Park and showed nothing to convince me we will beat them at Easter Road.

Confident we will still beat them at ER.

Pretty bad today but hibs fans I've spoke to seemed to think they played well, we clearly have higher standards, and expectation. They were just as bad thankfully.

We are a million miles from being the finished article. Cathro and MacPhee are still learning - and i personally think learning quickly. The players are still getting know each other. There will be ups and downs yet but we are on the right road. Give it time.

Aye, give CL a few years to think how he'll out-think everyone.

In the meantime we'll get papped out the cup each year by Hibs,

Get this feckin team up for a Derby FFS and do it soon Hearts.

There is no way round the fact you need to turn up & fight in any

derby around the world - these are not replaceable components.

2 wide players was a mistake from the start when hibs were always going to turn the middle of the pitch into a warzone.

Don't know what you were watching mate but I thought Hughes had a decent game and he has hardly put a foot wrong since he signed.

Well said.

Thrashed  :cornette:

It took a replay and extra time to beat them FFS.

This. Ad infinitum. All I'll add is that our passing wasn't even schoolboy stuff. It was worse. Hibs had a gameplan. Stuck to it. We had no answer. Collum did let too much go IMHO but we got bullied all day long. I fear for us in the replay.

Agreed EH11..

Our midfield lacks the energy and drive of a McGinn type of player,Walkers body language was honking from the 1st whistle today,Cowie is past it and nothing came off for Sam,we were you slow,outfought all over the Park and showed nothing to convince me we will beat them at Easter Road.

Aside from some sloppy moments I thought Zeus had the measure of Quasimodo in the first half.

Held him off well numerous times and found a pass.

McGinn obviously got told to stay away from him 2nd half to try and get more joy.

Confident we will still beat them at ER.

Pretty bad today but hibs fans I've spoke to seemed to think they played well, we clearly have higher standards, and expectation. They were just as bad thankfully.

Confident based on what though? Winning a derby means winning the fight first.. this team have not shown us today that they can do that.

Spot on.

I really dont get this.In the wind rain poor pitch it was a derby and a cup tie.It was a battle and a pretty even one with Hibs probably selecting a  team and playing a game more suited to the conditions.There was plenty of fight and passion from the players today.The ref was a wee bit kind to them and we had slightly the better chances.

I am confident about winning the replay based on the belief we have better players and that the conditions are unlikely to be so bad .It may not be the players who lack passion and belief.

Very disappointed.

The lochenders deserved their draw.

They were up for it, we should have known that. Unfortunately not enough of our players were.

MacDonald Jardine

I really dont get this.In the wind rain poor pitch it was a derby and a cup tie.It was a battle and a pretty even one with Hibs probably selecting a team and playing a game more suited to the conditions.There was plenty of fight and passion from the players today.The ref was a wee bit kind to them and we had slightly the better chances.

I am confident about winning the replay based on the belief we have better players and that the conditions are unlikely to be so bad .It may not be the players who lack passion and belief.

No excuse but you're being more than a week bit kind to the referee.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agree with this.

Two up front to start and Sam as the sub option was how I thought we would've went with to start..

Think we'll actually win the replay..

Cathro won't make same mistake again and more space for our undoubtedly better players.

We've clearly got better players - game was broken up a lot by Hibs, but mostly Collum - he always seemed to miss 50% of the fouls committed against us, then give all just about plausible ones for them. Not whining, it's just what happened. Good to have Djoum back, pick the right starting team and just be that bit sharper - every reason to be confident.  

Oh and welcome back to all the hobos who've not posted for the last couple of weeks.

We've clearly got better players - game was broken up a lot by Hibs, but mostly Collum - he always seemed to miss 50% of the fouls committed against us, then give all just about plausible ones for them. Not whining, it's just what happened. Good to have Djoum back, pick the right starting team and just be that bit sharper - every reason to be confident.  

Oh and welcome back to all the hobos who've not posted for the last couple of weeks.

Plus the better playing surface and wider pitch.

Feel very confident about the replay.

We had two great chances. If Goncalves scores in the first half we likely go on to win by 2 or 3. Johnson should have buried the chance second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team lacks width, nothing beyond the fullbacks to play out to. If we don't have width to play 442 then go with a 352..... and get Kitchen back in the midfield, had a great game against The Rangers and missed him since imo.

Archived