Well, that was pish (Merged Threads)

Swanny17

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the ER pitch is in a better nick the ours to be honest.

You couldn't play football on that and I'm frankly embarrassed that that's our pitch.

Just dreadful from both teams.

Disappointed with Hearts though, knew they would play the way they did.

The pitch is shocking.

Rangers came and we got stuck right in and turned them over. I expected the same today, so I am disappointed. At least we're still in it tough

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I hope the ER pitch is in a better nick the ours to be honest.

You couldn't play football on that and I'm frankly embarrassed that that's our pitch.

Could plant some quality potatoes in the dug up bits.

BRAVEHEART1874

that was terrible cowie captain no way nicholson and cowie and even walker were poor. Even djoumn and johnsen did nothing they should have been on a lot earlier ok we never got a man sent of but needed to go in a lot harder - mind you a drawagainst 12 men is not the end of the world please do not let thet useless blind refget the replay ;)

Worst Edinburgh derby I've seen, lennons anti-football won. Still in it though and I'm sure cathro and macphee would've learnt alot about how to win the replay.

IC will hopefully see where we went wrong today and the team need to up the performance big time which I think we will, disappointed not to progress today but I'm confident we can go to ER and get the result we need!

Fire and passion. :bomb2:

Where the feck was it

That was a disgraceful performance

They looked as if the couldn't give a flying ****

Least they were up for it , won every second ball

Too many In our team not up for the battle. Tziolis was the most guilty

All this strolling pish about Tziolis might be true but I'm not sure we can afford casually lost balls and a lack of fight.

Think playing at the Dome will suit us, maybe.

We started with the wrong team imo.. At least Cathro has had a look at them now.

Play the proper team and we'll do them.

worst game of hoofball ive seen in a while, everyone was quick in complaining about us being a big strong side yet they got away with a good few fouls that could have been yellow cards.

we were poor 

The game showed how much we have improved defensively, but the rest of it was garbage. Nobody outwith the back four got pass marks.

Thought Hibs played ok tbh. At least they put pressure on the ball. We were slow as ****. Made one incisive pass in the entire game and invited pressure consistently throughout the 90 minutes. We were just so, so poor today. Absolutely awful. 

Toxteth O'Grady

All this strolling pish about Tziolis might be true but I'm not sure we can afford casually lost balls and a lack of fight.

I hope he learns from today. He didn't like being pressed constantly

Shanghai Hearts

Grim viewing not helped by pitch..at least Fester may suit our ball players. Hubz looking for free kicks & set peice.Obviously figured we are not the best at defending them. Interesting replay.

I will never attend another game with Collum as referee. The mans dislike of Hearts is astounding

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Absolute murder to watch, but I'm optimistic for the replay. Lennon was explicit in his pre-match interview that he'd picked a "big and physical" team and afterwards he admitted that "the pitch was a leveller." IMO, that was their best chance to win the tie. Cathro started with the wrong side, I think, and H1b5 couldn't take advantage. Fair play to Cathro cause he changed things when he recognised there was no hope of a football match breaking out on that pitch, in those conditions, with that referee. In the end it was hoofball versus hoofball. Eye-bleeding stuff. But Lennon won't have the same "leveller" in the return leg, and I still think we're a much better football team.

Hibs game to spoil the game, they weren't interested in winning the game,just not losing.

We were more positive than them but allowed ourselves to get drawn into a niggle fest of a cup tie.

We will get better, that's them at their best

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Hibs knew our new players wanted time on the ball. They set out to not give them that time and it worked. No matter how bad the pitch was i am still disapointed at how many times we were bullied off the ball.

Did we really give Martin a 3 year deal. He has yet to impress me in any of the games so far and I just cant see him adjusting to the pace of scottish football.

Hibs knew our new players wanted time on the ball. They set out to not give them that time and it worked. No matter how bad the pitch was i am still disapointed at how many times we were bullied off the ball.

Did we really give Martin a 3 year deal. He has yet to impress me in any of the games so far and I just cant see him adjusting to the pace of scottish football.

Martin has all the hallmarks of John Louis Valois - talent but totally uninterested.

Disappointed, but it was a scrappy game.

Hoof ball because the pitch was so poor, it was freezing cold with a mist at times. Hibs bettered us in the midfield battle, but then they got away with excessive challenges and Collum went against us every time.

Much more confident going to ER this time though.

When we signed Martin and I had a look at his career I said "journeyman", I've yet to be swayed by anything I've seen. 3 year deal? dear god.....

Fyvie and Mcginn literally stick their arses out and then fall over, somehow Collum sees that as a foul against us everytime

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

When we signed Martin and I had a look at his career I said "journeyman", I've yet to be swayed by anything I've seen. 3 year deal? dear god.....

He should certainly be nowhere near the starting lineup for the replay. He shouldn't have started today especially given the surface and the physical aspect to the game. Big mistake by Cathro which I expect him to correct for Fester.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

It's probably been said a few times somewhere else but if that Isma chance in two minutes goes in we'd have won easily.

ToadKiller Dog

We were poor all over the pitch , 2ND to every ball , taking too long when we had it .

How Hibs were going to play was obvious , Harrie us at every ball , go after our keeper .

Not a good day ,lessons hopefully will be learnt .

Thankfully Hibs are shit ,we deserved to be knocked out

Kobayashi Maroon

Collum certainly let a few tackles go today, particularly Gray on Goncalves, he can't seem to tackle at all unless he is sliding in on his backside, 

Absolute murder to watch, but I'm optimistic for the replay. Lennon was explicit in his pre-match interview that he'd picked a "big and physical" team and afterwards he admitted that "the pitch was a leveller." IMO, that was their best chance to win the tie. Cathro started with the wrong side, I think, and H1b5 couldn't take advantage. Fair play to Cathro cause he changed things when he recognised there was no hope of a football match breaking out on that pitch, in those conditions, with that referee. In the end it was hoofball versus hoofball. Eye-bleeding stuff. But Lennon won't have the same "leveller" in the return leg, and I still think we're a much better football team.

That's NOT what wins a derby ffs... tippy tappy half hearted pish.. and for the last few years... The reason we have dominated the derby for decades was the overwhelming desire and fight.. win the fight first and foremost and then the craft can make the difference... duh.. Lennon was maybe spot on with his approach ?  

I'll say one positive from today was our defence at set pieces.

If that was Rossi and Souttar under those long balls and set plays they'd have conceded.

I thought Aaron Hughes organised and defended well as did Avlonitis.

Archived