Players thoughts on the shortlist

gazmo

What do you think the players are thinking about the shortlist that is being bandied about? Do you think they will have been looking for a better name or will they not care who gets the job?

More importantly, if it's an unpopular choice will it affect them negatively?

Sheriff Fatman

Pesonally I couldn't really care about what the players think about any prospective manager. It is their job to do what he tells them, not to like him.

well eggy said he thought iceman was a decent coach, didnt he?

Sadly the players probably don't know what to expect and have been left in the dark for 6months. Many are probably considering their futures, I think it would be unfair to say they 'don't care' who gets the job but are probably more concerned for themselves personally rather than the state of the club by this point.

Pesonally I couldn't really care about what the players think about any prospective manager. It is their job to do what he tells them, not to like him.

Yeap, good call - I'd agree with that.

Nail struck firmly on the napper.

They need to respect his abilities and knowledge, not like him.

Nail struck firmly on the napper.

They need to respect his abilities and knowledge, not like him.

The initial question was nothing to do with whether they liked him, it was more around whether he would be of the standard they were expecting.

I don't think our better players will be persuaded to stay if we appoint a crappy manager.

The initial question was nothing to do with whether they liked him, it was more around whether he would be of the standard they were expecting.

I don't think our better players will be persuaded to stay if we appoint a crappy manager.

Given the standard our chaps played at last season, I don't think they have any reason to be choosy.

Given the standard our chaps played at last season, I don't think they have any reason to be choosy.

Agree with that, shame they won't think logically about it though.

shame they won't think logically about it though.

They are footballers*. What do you expect? :sad:

* Allegedly

When the players see this shortlist of the 3 amigos then they'll be quietly laughing to themselves as they'll be in for another easy season going to the bank!! I really can't believe the 3 on the shortlist,I can't even kid myself that it won't get worse than last season. This has definitely ended all hope in me buying my season tickets in the household!!

Only a Game
What do you think the players are thinking about the shortlist that is being bandied about? Do you think they will have been looking for a better name or will they not care who gets the job?

More importantly, if it's an unpopular choice will it affect them negatively?

75% of them dont care about anything at Hearts apart from their payslip so who actually gives a toss what they think ?

I hope we can get somebody in who's got 100% control of identifying and emptying wage thiefs because we've got several.

Only a Game
When the players see this shortlist of the 3 amigos then they'll be quietly laughing to themselves as they'll be in for another easy season going to the bank!! I really can't believe the 3 on the shortlist,I can't even kid myself that it won't get worse than last season. This has definitely ended all hope in me buying my season tickets in the household!!

1 of them fulfils the January 1st statement.(well the first part at any rate)

Neither of them are known factors, known to be bad at managing an SPL club or known to be good at it.

Fair enough dont renew, but you cant judge two guys ( I hope we are only serious about two of them) who you know next to nothing about.

Only a Game

And thats exactly the problem with some of them. They think they too good for Hearts.........feck them all............they can leave.

And thats exactly the problem with some of them. They think they too good for Hearts.........feck them all............they can leave.

Sorry mate, but at most clubs they do tend to at least try to keep their players happy. If the club acts reasonably then the club have every right to say what you have. We don't act reasonably. If I was one of Hearts better players and the club didn't match my ambitions then I would consider my future. Would you not in your job? Or would you just stay in your role regardless of what your manager is like?

Only a Game
Sorry mate, but at most clubs they do tend to at least try to keep their players happy. If the club acts reasonably then the club have every right to say what you have. We don't act reasonably. If I was one of Hearts better players and the club didn't match my ambitions then I would consider my future. Would you not in your job? Or would you just stay in your role regardless of what your manager is like?

I get paid a reasonable salary. I'm reasonably good at my job and I put in a fair amount of effort. My boss in an erse and some of the rules he has imposed arent the best for worker harmony. (is this sounding familiar yet)

Keeping my head down, doing my very best and picking up my money at the end of the month ensures that I keep my reputation in what is quite a tight knitted working community where reputation is everything and gets you noticed and head-hunted. (This has got to be sounding familiar by now)

Ive put myself in a position so that if and when a better job comes along A. I'll have deserved to get the chance at it and B.I'll leave with my head held high.

Now, can you tell me how many well paid Hearts players fit into that profile ?

I get paid a reasonable salary. I'm reasonably good at my job and I put in a fair amount of effort. My boss in an erse and some of the rules he has imposed arent the best for worker harmony. (is this sounding familiar yet)

Keeping my head down, doing my very best and picking up my money at the end of the month ensures that I keep my reputation in what is quite a tight knitted working community where reputation is everything and gets you noticed and head-hunted. (This has got to be sounding familiar by now)

Ive put myself in a position so that if and when a better job comes along A. I'll have deserved to get the chance at it and B.I'll leave with my head held high.

Now, can you tell me how many well paid Hearts players fit into that profile ?

It's irrelevant what players I think fit into that profile. Guarantee you that lots of them think they do, whether they deserve to or not.

For what it's worth I like your analogy.

Drylaw Hearts

I think the players thoughts are hugely important.

After all they may be working under this guy.

I think when George Burley was appointed he created a huge buzz because he had a bit of a status within the British game - ex-Premiership Manager of the Year etc.

I think when Rix got the job Burleys signings were a bit deflated but were pulled through by Elvis, Hartley etc.

Then by the time Valdas got the gig the main players seemed to have created a bond that carried them through to the end of the Season.

When Malofeev took charge the place had hit rock bottom - why ? Because they all knew exactly what he was about. A frickin dinosaur.

The players didn't take to Cerenkov but took to Frail and thing did improve albeit slightly.

If that shortlist had been Mark McGhee, Craig Levein and Aidy Boothroyd the player would looking forward to returning for Pre-Season.

Then you look at the actual list and they will know the same shiiit is about to happen again.

75% of them dont care about anything at Hearts apart from their payslip so who actually gives a toss what they think ?

I hope we can get somebody in who's got 100% control of identifying and emptying wage thiefs because we've got several.

Hard to argue with that tbh.

Even our "valuable" players would not be largely missed.

I think the players thoughts are hugely important.

After all they may be working under this guy.

I think when George Burley was appointed he created a huge buzz because he had a bit of a status within the British game - ex-Premiership Manager of the Year etc.

I think when Rix got the job Burleys signings were a bit deflated but were pulled through by Elvis, Hartley etc.

Then by the time Valdas got the gig the main players seemed to have created a bond that carried them through to the end of the Season.

When Malofeev took charge the place had hit rock bottom - why ? Because they all knew exactly what he was about. A frickin dinosaur.

The players didn't take to Cerenkov but took to Frail and thing did improve albeit slightly.

If that shortlist had been Mark McGhee, Craig Levein and Aidy Boothroyd the player would looking forward to returning for Pre-Season.

Then you look at the actual list and they will know the same shiiit is about to happen again.

Pretty impressive stuff Drylaw. I do agree with you on some points and to be honest, yes I daresay the management invariably does impact, but not any more than the most important people at the club: the supporters, so come on, get these season tickets bought and shout the lads on. I don't care who manages Hearts: to be frank, it's not my decision so why fret? I do know (don't we all?!) that if the players know we will be there through thick and thin, they will rally. I hear you all say you can only take so much: very true, but how do you think some of these players feel right now? Dinnae for a second think they don't read this!!

PS: Hearts have been rock bottom before, and I'll tell ye something if the Icelander gets the job without interference from above, he'll get them playing. His credentials are pretty damn good, by all accounts.

Pretty impressive stuff Drylaw. I do agree with you on some points and to be honest, yes I daresay the management invariably does impact, but not any more than the most important people at the club: the supporters, so come on, get these season tickets bought and shout the lads on. I don't care who manages Hearts: to be frank, it's not my decision so why fret? I do know (don't we all?!) that if the players know we will be there through thick and thin, they will rally. I hear you all say you can only take so much: very true, but how do you think some of these players feel right now? Dinnae for a second think they don't read this!!

PS: Hearts have been rock bottom before, and I'll tell ye something if the Icelander gets the job without interference from above, he'll get them playing. His credentials are pretty damn good, by all accounts.

I for one am fed up hearing about this"If the players know we will be there through thick and thin they will rallY"bull****.

Where were the players last year when they were playing to full houses most home games?.

Archived