U20s St Johnstone Ochilview 7.30pm

Mikey1874

No idea. With the advent of agents, I'm not sure there is even such a thing as "tapping up" at all anymore. Not great that a club can just take kids out your youth academy though.

It would be tough

Nothing we can do aside from offering a better route to first team football.

It would be tough

Depressing situation.

Depressing situation.

If we step back the near total domination of Scottish football by two teams is depressing.

I haven't shook off the feeling from my visit to Glasgow on Sunday yet.

Chris Hamilton was a joy to watch last night. Just got to hope there will be more.

On another aside, Rory Currie was at Celtic for 4 years aged 12 to 16 (book ended by two spells at Rangers. Celtic released him. He chose Hearts over staying at Rangers. Just maybe he could be good. So a little hope.

As we build the club the youngsters will hopefully want to come and stay.

pattythejambo

It would be tough

The problem is English clubs are offering 6 or 7 times what Hearts are offering and from what I am hearing they are looking at 4 of the u 17 with a view to taking them when they turn 16. We can only hope as you say that a route to first team football will keep them with us.

pattythejambo

It would be tough

The problem is English clubs are offering 6 or 7 times what Hearts are offering and from what I am hearing they are looking at 4 of the u 17 with a view to taking them when they turn 16. We can only hope as you say that a route to first team football will keep them with us.

The English money is a change

Taking young players from every country in world...for just very few who will make it

In all this I hope we can be positive

It does shed light on our signings. And our current squad. Maybe there isn't an alternative.

pattythejambo

It does shed light on our signings. And our current squad. Maybe there isn't an alternative.

Look at the signing we have made over the last few days and if we are honest they are blocking kids getting a chance not that those boys are ready but there must be one or two at the club thinking that me further down the pecking order.

pattythejambo

Look at the signing we have made over the last few days and if we are honest they are blocking kids getting a chance not that those boys are ready but there must be one or two at the club thinking that me further down the pecking order.

Maybe

It's back to do we accept lesser results short term for youngsters

Will Rory Currie get another game this season?

But then for me Jordan McGhee was never good enough while John Souttar is.

They looking for top talent. The rest don't get in.

Just reflecting on it and maybe for those of us of that era

If the money etc had been there then this is potentially (all the guys might stay at Hearts) the equivalent of Davie Bowman, Gary Mackay and John Robertson all going to English clubs (or Celtic) at 16. They all had the chance too.

pattythejambo

I would love them to stay and progress into first team squad it would help with the even younger ones they would see that if they knuckle done and work hard they also might get opportunities to move up. In this financial climate youth must be our priority.

jamboinglasgow

Me too. I hate the path football is going down.

I fear for players that jump ship aged 16 to a club which brings in lots of talented youngsters from around the world. It blocks their path and though they may get paid more the development can be stunted. 

I just hope the Hearts youngsters realise that. Also think Cathro has shown he is not afraid to give young talent a chance. Currie is a prime example, he is now 3rd choice striker. 

Footballfirst

Chris was down at Man Utd a year or two back.  I think the assessment that came back was that they viewed him as a potential Gary Neville type player.

The lads who are 16 before the summer have a decision to make with regard to their education.  It's possible that one or more will be tempted to do 5th year at school and do their highers if they were sufficiently academic.  It would give them something to fall back on and be able to go straight to college/uni if things didn't work out on the football front.

An alternative would be an agreement with the school which would allow a couple of days a week full time with the club and three days at school.  I'm pretty sure that all four are at Performance Schools.  Marc won't be 16 until December, so it will be next January before he can sign a full time contract.

I don't know if this will cheer you up or frustrate you

Rangers look like losing their wonderkid Billy Gilmour to Arsenal.  Permission has been given for a visit to London

Arsenal are stepping up their pursuit of Rangers teenager Billy Gilmour after they were given permission to show him around the club over the weekend.

Gilmour, 15, has shot to prominence in recent months, having emerged as not only one of Rangers' top young talents, but also one of the hottest prospects in Scottish football

Footballfirst

I don't know if this will cheer you up or frustrate you

Rangers look like losing their wonderkid Billy Gilmour to Arsenal.  Permission has been given for a visit to London

Arsenal are stepping up their pursuit of Rangers teenager Billy Gilmour after they were given permission to show him around the club over the weekend.

Gilmour, 15, has shot to prominence in recent months, having emerged as not only one of Rangers' top young talents, but also one of the hottest prospects in Scottish football

A bit of both to me.

The lad is a talented player, no doubt about that, so I'm happy that the lad is following his dream.  The lure of the ??? signs will almost certainly be a factor in that decision should he go.  However, I can't help but think that he needs to prove himself a bit more that he's got what it takes to make him a bit more that just a prospect.  He's only recently started playing with the Rangers U20 side on a regular basis, unlike the lads of the same age at Hearts, and I think his small stature will make it really difficult for him down south at this stage.

Chris was down at Man Utd a year or two back. I think the assessment that came back was that they viewed him as a potential Gary Neville type player.

The lads who are 16 before the summer have a decision to make with regard to their education. It's possible that one or more will be tempted to do 5th year at school and do their highers if they were sufficiently academic. It would give them something to fall back on and be able to go straight to college/uni if things didn't work out on the football front.

An alternative would be an agreement with the school which would allow a couple of days a week full time with the club and three days at school. I'm pretty sure that all four are at Performance Schools. Marc won't be 16 until December, so it will be next January before he can sign a full time contract.

I saw Chris is 16 in July (if that is right)

Wasn't sure when others turn 16

Footballfirst

I saw Chris is 16 in July (if that is right)

Wasn't sure when others turn 16

Anthony - March

Harry - April

Chris - July

Marc - December

pattythejambo

Anthony - March

Harry - April

Chris - July

Marc - December

Was st the St Mirren game before Christmas and heard 2 guys speaking about Marc and how in Engaland he would be playing at u 15 not sure who they were scouts ?

pattythejambo

Anthony - March

Harry - April

Chris - July

Marc - December

Was st the St Mirren game before Christmas and heard 2 guys speaking about Marc and how in Engaland he would be playing at u 15 not sure who they were scouts ?

pattythejambo

Anthony - March

Harry - April

Chris - July

Marc - December

We_are_the_Hearts

Cut off date in England is 1st September rather than up here it's your birth year. The stats of kids at the Scottish Academies are heavily weighted to kids born at the start of the year as they are more developed and physical. 

pattythejambo

Was st the St Mirren game before Christmas and heard 2 guys speaking about Marc and how in Engaland he would be playing at u 15 not sure if they were parents or scouts ?

orchardmaroon

Despite the foreign signings we have made - hope they are good but not convinced - I think the club will still in time push through the kids - we have just not had so many lately.

If we do I would think these kids will sign on at Hearts as it's a great way to get to the top - going down south you can be lost in the bulk.

I remain optimistic!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived