U20s St Johnstone Ochilview 7.30pm

Mikey1874

Those looking for Scottish players could get along and see some of our promising youngsters.

Though maybe a new signing or two could get game time?

Voice of reason

Those looking for Scottish players could get along and see some of our promising youngsters.

Though maybe a new signing or two could get game time?

You'd think Choulay and Bikey might get a game.

Only 20 mins to Stenny so may go along - disappointing to have to get info here having seen nothing on Hearts web page

For fixtures the SPFL website is reliable.

Whether we get team news is uncertain.

I'm here for first league game of season. Will pop over to ground back of 7pm.

Team:

Gajda, Brandon, Hamilton, Jones, Reid, Petkov, Irving, Buchanan, Leonard, Roy, Henderson

Bench:

Gallacher, Paton, Akers, K. Smith, Baxter

Team:

Gajda, Brandon, Hamilton, Jones, Reid, Petkov, Irving, Buchanan, Leonard, Roy, Henderson

Bench:

Gallacher, Paton, Akers, K. Smith, Baxter

Jay Sandison is also on team sheet as sub

St Johnstone

McKenzie Brian Thomson Jardine Wilson Page Johnston McCann Poison Simpson Docherty

Subs Sinclair Lumsden McKenzie Struthers O'Reilly Ballantyne Quigley

Hearing that U17 Jack Gillan has left Hearts and has signed, or is about to sign, with Hibs.

He must be mince ... Fact

Thanks FF

Any information on Harry Cochrane's injury from last week?

I see Godinho isn't listed after a good performance, possibly going out on loan?

Midfield Terrier

Hearing that U17 Jack Gillan has left Hearts and has signed, or is about to sign, with Hibs.

Is he a loss in your opinion?

How many ex-Hearts players are at Hibs now?  Seems to be a lot in their youth teams.

On an unrelated note, did you mention in a previous thread that Vladislav has left now?  

pattythejambo

Any information on Harry Cochrane's injury from last week?

I see Godinho isn't listed after a good performance, possibly going out on loan?

Heard that Harry Cochrane has chipped bone in his ankle 6-8 weeks out

Midfield Terrier

I wouldn't have thought so. He was close to being released in the summer.

Thanks, hoping to see more youth players making cameo appearances in the near future.

Heard that Harry Cochrane has chipped bone in his ankle 6-8 weeks out

Thanks. Shame for the lad, if it's April before he can play it doesn't give him much time to impress before the season end.

pattythejambo

Thanks. Shame for the lad, if it's April before he can play it doesn't give him much time to impress before the season end.

He will be fine they have high hopes for him

pattythejambo

He will be fine they have high hopes for him

Enjoyed the first half. It was a good range of passing and movement. They got stuck in too which is an improvement from what I saw last season.

Good signs.

several impressive performances by the young Jambos and a result to go with it - some slick passing and good to see some pace in forward areas

Enjoyed the first half. It was a good range of passing and movement. They got stuck in too which is an improvement from what I saw last season.

Good signs.

hope you caught bus/ train ok

hope you caught bus/ train ok

Yeah thanks

All very civilised. Just getting into Edinburgh now.

Cheers and hope you have a great weekend.

Footballfirst

It was a decent game to watch. The pace of Roy and Henderson caused the Saints defence all sorts of problems.  Henderson was unlucky not to get a hat trick after hitting the post, having beaten the keeper but was forced into a left foot shot from a tightening angle. I also thought that Petkov had his best game in a while.  I don't think he likes playing on the surface at Stenny. Robbie Buchanan could easily have score a hat trick too as he had a number of good and half chances to score.

I was quite impressed with Gajda in goal and he had a couple of good stops. Saints were probably a little unlucky not to get on the scoresheet from the chances they created.

The game had a bizarre ending as Saints ended with ten men and an outfield player in goal, after the keeper had to go off with what looked like a bust nose from saving a shot with his face.  Despite 5 minutes treatment the ref decided that no injury time would be played.

How did young Marc Leonard and Chris Hamilton play

Perhaps be better someone who had seen them more regularly to comment.

For those not sure both are 15 years old in performance schools. Both played for Scotland U16s in Victory Shield which is when I saw them online.

Firstly they are smaller in real life and obviously are 15!

Marc playing the No 10 role played some good passes and has good control and composure. I thought he was caught out physically at times against a pretty robust physical St Johnstone side. Subbed midway through second half.

Chris Hamilton playing centre half alongside Leon Jones hardly put a foot wrong. Good on both feet, composed, able to take the ball under pressure. A range of quality short and long passes. Can tackle too. Calming influence on team. Played the full 90 minutes. Can see how he is highly rated. Though very small in stature for now he somehow is big and strong enough.

I went to game firstly to see Chris but as I say others who have seen him more can comment better.

pattythejambo

Perhaps be better someone who had seen them more regularly to comment.

For those not sure both are 15 years old in performance schools. Both played for Scotland U16s in Victory Shield which is when I saw them online.

Firstly they are smaller in real life and obviously are 15!

Marc playing the No 10 role played some good passes and has good control and composure. I thought he was caught out physically at times against a pretty robust physical St Johnstone side. Subbed midway through second half.

Chris Hamilton playing centre half alongside Leon Jones hardly put a foot wrong. Good on both feet, composed, able to take the ball under pressure. A range of quality short and long passes. Can tackle too. Calming influence on team. Played the full 90 minutes. Can see how he is highly rated. Though very small in stature for now he somehow is big and strong enough.

I went to game firstly to see Chris but as I say others who have seen him more can comment better.

Thanks for report , I like to try and get to the games but can't always manage what I have seen of them is Chris is strong aggressive and reads the game well for someone so young and Marc is a clever player with great vision and as you mentioned composure in possession I think he has just turned 15 this month so understandable he is getting outmuscled, but heres hoping for them both.

Thanks for report , I like to try and get to the games but can't always manage what I have seen of them is Chris is strong aggressive and reads the game well for someone so young and Marc is a clever player with great vision and as you mentioned composure in possession I think he has just turned 15 this month so understandable he is getting outmuscled, but heres hoping for them both.

Yeah

I've seen a date of birth on football websites suggesting Chris is 16 in July. But wasn't sure about the others. I know Anthony MacDonald was 14 when he came on in Youth Cup final last April.

Chris Hamilton is going to be a superb player, whether we can hold onto him past the summer is a different story though.

orchardmaroon

Good to see the boys stringing a few results together or being very close in games - that was a real concern on this thread before but looks like the young team are finding their feet.

Watching the team a few times you would hope that Chris Hamilton, Aaron Reid, Andy Irving, Euan Henderson, Harry Cochrane, Mark Leonard and Anthony McDonald barring injury have the potential to go all the way at the club. Brandon, Paton, Petkov, Morrison, Bower, Jones and Moore are a year or two older but all have chance.

That's pretty decent I think in terms of depth of talent but accept we have a few years to wait.

Anyone disagree with that list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Hamilton is going to be a superb player, whether we can hold onto him past the summer is a different story though.

Is this the boy Celtic are apparently sniffing around? Can someone please elaborate about this situation, it bothers me.

Is this the boy Celtic are apparently sniffing around? Can someone please elaborate about this situation, it bothers me.

Rangers are the main threat at present but a couple of English clubs are also interested.

3 year deal on offer for him should he wish to accept it

6/8 weeks out for Harry Cochrane is nothing compared to the problems he had last season

Rangers are the main threat at present but a couple of English clubs are also interested.

3 year deal on offer for him should he wish to accept it

6/8 weeks out for Harry Cochrane is nothing compared to the problems he had last season

Thanks. So what is the deal? Are they tapping him up?

Thanks. So what is the deal? Are they tapping him up?

Is that a real thing before a full time contract?

Being 'tapped up'?

Is that a real thing before a full time contract?

Being 'tapped up'?

No idea. With the advent of agents, I'm not sure there is even such a thing as "tapping up" at all anymore. Not great that a club can just take kids out your youth academy though.

Archived