Scolari to Chelsea (merged threads)

Rab

Is the new Chelsea manager.

Unproven in British football and what's he done at club level?!

Madness.

:)

coppercrutch

How can they confirm that in hte middle of a competition ?

Well I am sure they can but not really the best. Could have waited.

Bit odd for him to choose Chelsea b4 the tournament is over.

Has done well Internationally but domestically? No?

Rix is on SSN now.

Gigolo-Aunt

Mmmmmmmmm

Not managed at club level since 2001

Does not speak a word of Engish (which can be overcome)

Complained when the English press tried to find out about his private life when he was in the frame for the England gig.

I think he'll do well.

Whether or not he'll do better than Alex Ferguson is another matter entirely.

Rudolf's Mate
How can they confirm that in hte middle of a competition ?

Well I am sure they can but not really the best. Could have waited.

Very easily me thinks......

Abramovich - We'd like you to be our manager

Scolari - I am happy at Portugal

Abramovich - How about 20 million a year.

Scolari - Only after the tournament

Abramovich - 30 million you say yes now and we have your picture in the papers tomorrow!!!

coppercrutch

Abramovich - 30 million you say yes now and we have your picture in the papers tomorrow!!!

I think you may have hit that nail on the head !!

Interesting announcement given that he banned Ronaldo from talking about his future.

I'm sure he'll be a hit.

Good article in the Telegraph about why this isn't the right job for him. Agreed with a lot of it.

We shall see though.

Italian Lambretta

Instead of:

Ogilvie - Mr McGhee, Vladimir Romanov would like you to be our new manager

MM - Okay how much?

CO - 350K a year

MM - Not bad, were do I sign.

CO - Well first you need to visit Lithuania for 10 ten days so Mr Romanov can be sure he has the right man.

MM - Okay, that shouldn't be a problem.

CO - Here's your ticket, someone should meet you at the other end?

MM - eh.....aren't you coming along?

CO - Sorry but I have a Barbecue at the weekend with the SFA social commitee, but you'll be fine. Here's a Lithuanian phrase book if you get stuck and here's another ?20 for a taxi when you get there.

Good Luck!

C

shaun.lawson

Obviously a good appointment. And given his Portugal side can cheat and dive with the best of 'em (something I fear we'll see again if they're in trouble later in the tournament), Chelsea will probably end up more loathed than ever. Which is only right, really... ;)

Meanwhile, if I were Alex Ferguson, I'd be praying Ronaldo doesn't decide to ask Big Phil for advice about where he should go! Fantastic chance for Scolari to get Chelsea back on top, and completely destabilise his main rivals too... :)

The Mighty Thor

probably be a good appointment for Chelsea. He's certainly got a good reputation internationally.

Wonder how long it'll take Fergie and Wenger to get inside his head. :)

probably be a good appointment for Chelsea. He's certainly got a good reputation internationally.

Wonder how long it'll take Fergie and Wenger to get inside his head. :)

Depends if they can learn Portuguese before he learns English...:)

shaun.lawson
Bit odd for him to choose Chelsea b4 the tournament is over.

Rix is on SSN now.

LOL! If I were you kearney, I'd be more worried about this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/06/05/ufnadebayor105.xml

It's all starting to fall apart, isn't it? And you know why? Because while Arsenal reach the CL every year, they still don't pay CL-size wages. Meaning it doesn't matter how many young players Wenger brings through: they'll all be off to bigger clubs before they reach their full maturity. If Arsenal don't now abandon their tight wage structure, I think they've had it as contenders to win either the CL or EPL.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/06/05/ufnadebayor105.xml

It's all starting to fall apart, isn't it? And you know why? Because while Arsenal reach the CL every year, they still don't pay CL-size wages. Meaning it doesn't matter how many young players Wenger brings through: they'll all be off to bigger clubs before they reach their full maturity. If Arsenal don't now abandon their tight wage structure, I think they've had it as contenders to win either the CL or EPL.

Haven't they just offered Fabregas 100k a week or am I talking out my erse?

shaun.lawson
Haven't they just offered Fabregas 100k a week or am I talking out my erse?

I missed that! If so, then events are forcing them into it - but of course, if they go ahead and do it, other Arsenal players will start demanding huge rises when being courted by other clubs too. And I just don't think they can afford it. Man Utd are able to compete with Abramovich's wealth because they're a global commercial phenomenon, but the same can't be said for Arsenal. Sadly, even with all the miracles Wenger's worked there, I think they're going to fall behind.

Hehe.

The reports in Italy are hilarious.

What has been said is ?35 million for Adebayor and 85k a week.

Which is absolutly balls.

Fabregas is staying anyway and signing a new record breaking deal.

Ramseys on his way, Nasris on his way and suposidly Villa is considering moving too as Fabregas and him are close.

Oh dear god its fallen apart!:sad:

Oh and Vela is back too, looks a good player.

Oh and the telegraph is the same online paper that claimed that Flamini signed a new deal to stay at Arsenal and that Nasri signed 2 weeks ago, read nothing into it.

I missed that! If so, then events are forcing them into it - but of course, if they go ahead and do it, other Arsenal players will start demanding huge rises when being courted by other clubs too. And I just don't think they can afford it. Man Utd are able to compete with Abramovich's wealth because they're a global commercial phenomenon, but the same can't be said for Arsenal. Sadly, even with all the miracles Wenger's worked there, I think they're going to fall behind.

Shaun, remember at the start of last season, Spurs ;) were tipped to finish 4th and Liverpool were tipped to win the league?

Arsenal had just sold Henry and Arsenal, according to everyone were never going to finish top 6.

Check the table, finished 3rd, Tottenham 12th and Liverpool 7points(I think) behind Arsenal.

If Ade goes which he wont, a new player will be brought in to replace him.

Say What Again

A lot of usual suspects missing from this thread so far.

True Blue and Follow Follow must be busy tonight!

Bhig Phil Scholari :mad:

;)

Ready made song for the fans though. Dean Martin?

Sco-lari, whoa-oh-oh, Sco-lari- whoa-oh-oh-oh

** ? Jack of Hearts 11/06/08

shaun.lawson
Shaun, remember at the start of last season, Spurs ;) were tipped to finish 4th and Liverpool were tipped to win the league?

Arsenal had just sold Henry and Arsenal, according to everyone were never going to finish top 6.

Check the table, finished 3rd, Tottenham 12th and Liverpool 7points(I think) behind Arsenal.

If Ade goes which he wont, a new player will be brought in to replace him.

Er... where on earth has this "Arsenal weren't even expected to make the top 6" gibberish come from? I heard Wenger come out with this too before the end of the season - but it's complete nonsense. Apart from James Lawton of the Independent, who tipped you to win the title, most pundits had you either 4th or 5th (the latter in the cases of those going with their hearts rather than their heads, desperate to see someone break the dominance of the Big Four). And bloody no-one thought Liverpool would win the title either: other than in Lawton's example, every pundit I came across went for either United or Chelsea (the latter in my case: oops!)

For the record, I hope Arsenal continue to improve. If it wasn't for the very strong sense I have that, as long as Wenger is always building for jam tomorrow (as with Nasri, for example), you're going to keep bashing against the glass ceiling of the far wealthier top two, I'd be tipping you to move up to 2nd next season; but not now. Now, though Liverpool strike me as the Big Four club vulnerable to Spurs, Villa or Man City getting it right, I think you'll stand still in 3rd. Where are the leaders in the side, kearney? Where's the squad depth you need? And where's those with the kind of 'over my dead body!' attitudes a title-winning side needs?

It's all becoming clear now as to why Scolari was telling Ronaldo to leave OT.

Scolari's sold his soul to the Russian devil. Pitty they won ****all last season, :laugh:

Manchester United: European Champions.

Adebayor has never been in negotiations with Milan, bit confused to where these "reporters" get there exclusives from.

Never was worried, thought it was quite funny actually, last week he had signed according to one report i read. They are that desperate to make people believe the headlines on the internet.

Dont think he will be bothered anyway, Milan are in the Uefa cup, Arsenal CL.

Hmmm.

Hopefully hes not a 1 season and a half wonder!

I am delighted Chelsea FC has appointed Mr Scolari as manager. Well done to Mr Abramovich too for showing, yet again, that we mean business.

Blue is the colour.....:)

Midloth_Iain
It's all becoming clear now as to why Scolari was telling Ronaldo to leave OT.

Scolari's sold his soul to the Russian devil. Pitty they won ****all last season, :laugh:

Manchester United: European Champions.

:fing25:

Seymour M Hersh
Hehe.

The reports in Italy are hilarious.

What has been said is ?35 million for Adebayor and 85k a week.

Which is absolutly balls.

Fabregas is staying anyway and signing a new record breaking deal.

Ramseys on his way, Nasris on his way and suposidly Villa is considering moving too as Fabregas and him are close.

Oh dear god its fallen apart!:sad:

Oh and Vela is back too, looks a good player.

Oh and the telegraph is the same online paper that claimed that Flamini signed a new deal to stay at Arsenal and that Nasri signed 2 weeks ago, read nothing into it.

You do know the "factual" information on football rumours is all made up by people just like you don't you?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Is the new Chelsea manager.

Unproven in British football and what's he done at club level?!

Madness.

He's won the Copa Libertadores (South American version of the European Cup) twice with 2 different teams.

Good appointment - he now has 2 1/2 months to learn English, which is plenty time.

As Gavsy Van Gaverson pointed out, the Copa Libertadores - with two different clubs.

NOt to be sniffed at...

Impressive on an International level. It'll be an interesting summer down at the Bridge to see who comes and goes. Scolari will have around ?100M to spend, so I'd expect some big names.

He should be sweet talking Ronaldo every day. Also, Deco should be no where near a Chelsea shirt next season, he's not at Chelsea's level any more.

Also, Deco should be no where near a Chelsea shirt next season, he's not at Chelsea's level any more.

Correct, although he'd be worth signing on a loan deal to noise up ra sellik fhans should we encounter them in the Champions League. ;)

You do know the "factual" information on football rumours is all made up by people just like you don't you?

I dont go on football rumours and I dont make up rumours on sites.

Where in that paragraph did I make a rumour? I only said about Adebayor where I read it online last week and Fabregas and Nasris deals are all but done.

So boo hoo, you are wrong.

And thanks for letting me know that Gavsy, never knew that. But its goign to be hard for him to get Chelsi back to The Special One Era

Correct, although he'd be worth signing on a loan deal to noise up ra sellik fhans should we encounter them in the Champions League. ;)

Now, that would be interesting. ;)

Archived