Tinpot Things You've Seen In Football

peter_hmfc

Bizarre that you pay handsomely to be involved with something you have such little regard for.

Seriously? Take the time to read Tosh's post and you might, if you can also make the effort to filter it accordingly, realise that he makes some very good points.

Continue in this vain and you will be called Negative Nancy. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WestcoastJambo

Seriously? Take the time to read Tosh's post and you might, if you can also make the effort to filter it accordingly, realise that he makes some very good points.

This, great post by Tosh's and a predictably chronically bad standard of reply from Mars Plastic.  It's the kind of stuff that can absolutely ruin any kind of insightful discussion, or at least discourage members from attempting to contribute to the topic which has effectively been derailed, or trolled, by off-topic posts.

Seymour M Hersh

Tin pot- giving away 3 stands to the away team

11-1 voting system

Playing each other 4 times

A split that means all teams haven't played the same fixtures in a "league" set up.

Allowing players and managers to brand fellow pros cheats and nothing happens.

Having 2 teams winning the league for the best part 50 years, and one the last 15.

Overseeing a steady decline at club and national level and doing nothing.

10k and 6k seater stadium rules, forcing one team to play at another with some crowds less than 1k in the top flight.

The reverse of the above rule meaning a team never got relegated and one not promoted.

Making fans s travel the breadth of the country at a time when there are no trains.

Hampden.

Allowing a liquidated team to continue.

On short, Scottish football is so tin pot, we deserve so much better.

This and the Scottish sports media in all it's pathetic forms. 

Bazzas right boot

This, great post by Tosh's and a predictably chronically bad standard of reply from Mars Plastic.  It's the kind of stuff that can absolutely ruin any kind of insightful discussion, or at least discourage members from attempting to contribute to the topic which has effectively been derailed, or trolled, by off-topic posts.

Mars does like a troll or an argument, but when I read my post back, I did ask the question- Why do I contribute to such a biased, lazy, selfish, tin pot and corrupt institution?

Then I remembered it's about the Hearts and we are winning the league in the next 3 years to stick it right up them!

Bazzas right boot

Aberdeen having to ditch the toaster.

Ha Ha

I remember that, and the bread, they use to get free toast but got rid of the toaster and stopped buying the bread! I ripped my mat about that for years, then we went into admin... :thumbsdown: 

TBF, Motherwell , Dundee, Hearts, Dunfermline all into admin and Rangers liquidated on top of my original list is also tin pot.

Mars does like a troll or an argument, but when I read my post back, I did ask the question- Why do I contribute to such a biased, lazy, selfish, tin pot and corrupt institution?

Then I remembered it's about the Hearts and we are winning the league in the next 3 years to stick it right up them!

Think an assessment at the AD is required if you think we're going to win the league in 3 years.

Aye, seriously. I read his points and I understand them. Like I said, to have such disdain for something yet to be involved with it to the extent he is, to me, is bizarre.

Oh, and it's vein, not vain.

I remember as a boy being enthralled that Clydebank had an all seater stadium. It sounded impressive to me at the time. We got there and one of the stand's sears were like wooden planks laid down on a muddy hill.

Bazzas right boot

Think an assessment at the AD is required if you think we're going to win the league in 3 years.

There's a couple of posters on here, who if agreed with me, would actually lead me to question my opinion/ view.

You are one of those posters, so as long as you are disagreeing/ arguing/ trolling, I know I must have some validity!

You should also really try to stick on topic. You do have a tendency to pick individual fights and generally go off point/ topic. It's a bit shit.

Bazzas right boot

Aye, seriously. I read his points and I understand them. Like I said, to have such disdain for something yet to be involved with it to the extent he is, to me, is bizarre.

Oh, and it's vein, not vain.

Disdain is a bit strong, I think I was pointing out what could be improved  on and what if viewed from the outside could make us seem "tin pot"

However, I have stooped following the national team due to the above points and generally a west coast love in, so it has affected how much time, effort and money I put into the game.

The rugby is closer and a better day out anyway!

There's a couple of posters on here, who if agreed with me, would actually lead me to question my opinion/ view.

You are one of those posters, so as long as you are disagreeing/ arguing/ trolling, I know I must have some validity!

You should also really try to stick on topic. You do have a tendency to pick individual fights and generally go off point/ topic. It's a bit shit.

Imagine somebody disagreeing with another on a forum! Whatever next?!

Didn't see it, but did experience it... playing for Bonnyrigg, got up, headed the ball against the post and hit myself in the face!

A lot of laughing involved... numb face and a bloody nose for me :D

Bazzas right boot

Imagine somebody disagreeing with another on a forum! Whatever next?!

Point is you never disagreed, you questioned why I followed football if I felt that way.

That's not disagreeing.

Disagreeing would be having counter points to my original post. You never done that. You questioned why I  thought like that and still followed the game.

You in short, were  trolling.

oooft, controversial.  I like that.

Tosh, the concept is good, it is probably the presenters and pundits that make me hate it so much. You have the likes of Chick Young and his cronies laughing and giggling like wee laddies at their "in" jokes.  They really do my nut in.

Point is you never disagreed, you questioned why I followed football if I felt that way.

That's not disagreeing.

Disagreeing would be having counter points to my original post. You never done that. You questioned why I  thought like that and still followed the game.

You in short, were  trolling.

In short, I really wasn't.

Bazzas right boot

Tosh, the concept is good, it is probably the presenters and pundits that make me hate it so much. You have the likes of Chick Young and his cronies laughing and giggling like wee laddies at their "in" jokes. They really do my nut in.

Probably right, just me setting the bar that low that open all mics is the least of the concerns!

Everything else being really shit doesn't excuse other things just being a wee bit shit!

Not bantz bud, it's tinpot.

Yup. It's awful.

Completely tinpot and that's obviously compared to the men's game (at just about any level). 

Yup. It's awful.

Completely tinpot and that's obviously compared to the men's game (at just about any level).

I wince when I hear them getting interviewed. They rattle off answers that are verbatim to their male counterparts. The english dolly birds are the worst for it.

Bazzas right boot

Not quite sure what it has to do with you tbh.

Lol, thought you were open to disagreements on a forum.

He thought you were trolling, you said you weren't. That is a disagreement. He can do it right. Take note.

Lol, thought you were open to disagreements on a forum.

He thought you were trolling, you said you weren't. That is a disagreement. He can do it right. Take note.

In a nutshell you said Scottish football was basically shit for the reasons you stated. I said I find it bizarre you bother investing in it for those reasons you stated. If you think that's trolling I suggest you go google its meaning.

At the Vicente Calderon stadium, watching Atl?tico de Madrid versus Valladolid. Valladolid's goalkeeper, Heguita, had come miles out his box and challenged Atl?tico's centre-forward (in the air) after a long ball had been played by Atl?tico's defence. Heguita won the header. But instead of it being a strong, clearance type of header, the keeper had simply dinked it past the striker. Heguita then jinked around the striker to gain control of the ball, dribbled with it in the style of an attacking midfielder and beat an Atl?tico midfielder at the halfway line before passing to a teammate and rushing back to his goal area.

When he beat the two Atl?tico players, the whole (Atl?tico) stadium shouted out, "Ol?!"

Bazzas right boot

In a nutshell you said Scottish football was basically shit for the reasons you stated. I said I find it bizarre you bother investing in it for those reasons you stated. If you think that's trolling I suggest you go google its meaning.

It's not disagreeing ( as you said it was).

If you aren't agreeing or disagreeing, your motives for your comments by some maybe considered as trolling. For example, saying something just to get a reaction.

I could also do a list of all that is good with the game and why I follow it. However the thread is about what is tinpot about our game, I gave a few reasons that why I  think it is tin pot. You then proceeded to talk shite, miss the point and generally be a crackpot.

Anyway, I digress.

• 2 weeks later...

A wee while ago now but Rangers fans running onto the pitch when they scored at St Johnstone the other night was exceptionally tinpot!! 

Cathro's Laptop

Ha Ha

I remember that, and the bread, they use to get free toast but got rid of the toaster and stopped buying the bread! I ripped my mat about that for years, then we went into admin... :thumbsdown:

TBF, Motherwell , Dundee, Hearts, Dunfermline all into admin and Rangers liquidated on top of my original list is also tin pot.

I know it's a cool story and a stick to beat them with but Aberdeen getting rid of the toaster had nothing to do with money.

maroonlegions

Hibs and there stadium announcer playing  the sounds of people "cheering and celebrating " when they scored a goal.   :cornette:

Fecking losers.  :jjyay:

All-seater stadia where the seats aren't in the club colours because it was obviously cheaper to get the red & yellow ones or whatever.

McDiarmid Park is especially guilty of this. Particularly because most of the seats are visible during a game. If I was a Saints fan, that would do my nut in at every home game

Apparently, having odd seats in different colours makes it look like there are more people there, when the tv cameras scan along or when someone on the pitch glances up. But having rows of the same odd colour defeats that particular purpose.

?Tinpot observations by extremely dull folk who like to share their mind-blowing opinion that Scottish and women's football are of a lower standard than the English premier league.

The compliance officer also!

That while in England players serve suspensions immediately it takes us 2 weeks to confirm the paperwork.

And post game bans in England follow quickly here the Compliance Officer system is in disrepute.

I'm sure they do this at one of th cricket ground in Oz.  Brisbane?

But they aren't in sections like Perth,  our one, that is.

It is The GABBA.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=the+gabba&view=detailv2&&id=E446B826CBFE7638DB5637A728FD3CD3BDE4DA37&selectedIndex=16&ccid=PXV45x1n&simid=608035042467579901&thid=OIP.M3d7578e71d673cc8850c12a7abe47800o0&ajaxhist=0

Apparently, having odd seats in different colours makes it look like there are more people there, when the tv cameras scan along or when someone on the pitch glances up. But having rows of the same odd colour defeats that particular purpose.

I'm sure they do this at one of th cricket ground in Oz. Brisbane?

But they aren't in sections like Perth, our one, that is.

It is The GABBA.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=the+gabba&view=detailv2&&id=E446B826CBFE7638DB5637A728FD3CD3BDE4DA37&selectedIndex=16&ccid=PXV45x1n&simid=608035042467579901&thid=OIP.M3d7578e71d673cc8850c12a7abe47800o0&ajaxhist=0

It's just like random patterns in the Gabba. Probably to make it look less empty when there are smaller crowds. Nothing tinpot about it though, fantastic stadium to watch sport in with great facilities.

Edit. Just read the posts above and realised I was only repeating what other people had said.

Seeing Oshinawa throw the ball out of play from a throw in without anyone touching it at pittodrie last season

On a similar note, watching Rattius Rattus attempt to score with a 25 yard free kick, only to do the same was rather amusing

Cathro's Laptop

On a similar note, watching Rattius Rattus attempt to score with a 25 yard free kick, only to do the same was rather amusing

Was he not in 'The Life of Brian'?

oooft, controversial.  I like that.

me too, don't like listening to a full game on the radio, open all mics is much better

The Comedian

Hibs and there stadium announcer playing the sounds of people "cheering and celebrating " when they scored a goal. :cornette:

Fecking losers. :jjyay:

:cornette:

Whit!

Mars plastic

Andy Watson managing to hit the bar from about two yards against Rangers which would have made it 3-2 to them. We ended up getting beat 5-2. The game is on YouTube and I still think he's going to score.

Archived