Walker and his Diving

McCrae

I like Walker, but he has to stop diving.  

Yesterday his dive in the box after only a few minutes was laughable.  He should have been booked!

If he had stayed on his feet he may have been able create a chance.

I dont like players cheating and Walker needs to get this out of his game.  He already has a reputation and we could easily end up not getting a penalty because of his previous behaviour... or worse still he could get sent off.

You wonder if last weeks wrong booking was due to Walkers diving reputation.... if it had been another player we may have seen a different outcome.

I hope Cathro has a word with him.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sit in the main stand almost opposite to where he dived. It was a clear dive, He didn't slip. He took a poor touch and then dived to try and win a penalty. 

Even if you disagree with my thoughts on yesterday... he has a history of diving and it will influence decisions.  It has to stop.

I recall the incident. I don't think he dived. I didn't notice him appealing either. Seemed more like him letting the ref etc. know he slipped.

Looked a dive to me in G, agree he needs to cut it out. He also gets unfair treatment from refs, goes with a reputation I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody Loves Baz!

How many times has he been penalised for diving?

Once, last week.

Retrospectively first game of the season.

Yep, that's a history according to some.

Jambof3tornado

Forgetting the dive I still say he's a lazy fecker on the pitch!!!

3 or 4 decent minutes in 90 aint enough.

Pity.

Lucille's Thirsty

Jamie doesn't help himself sometimes if he wants to get rid of the diver tag and the referees have already got a perception about him being a diver,so even if he's cleaned out in the box the referees will think twice about giving the decision.

Perth to Paisley

Strictly speaking if it's happened once you have a history for it!

I thought it was a slip - he didn't even have control of the ball by then??

Once, last week.

Retrospectively first game of the season.

Yep, that's a history according to some.

So, once then.

:laugh:

He is a good player, but not half as bloody good as he likes to think. A boot up the arse is definitley required and a reminder that he needs to add hard work to his game.

Dave McCreery's knee

Only a ******* idiot would think that was a dive.

Nonsense, it was as blantant a dive as seen in a while and very poor from Walker. He had a rotten game yesterday and is either unfit or disinterested. Hasn't gone past a man in ages and his development has stalled.

I think he could do with being "rested". He cuts inside too often and runs across the park. Muirhead is far more direct and offers more

Aye, but like I said, that's enough for some with an agenda 

It makes me sad to see so many Hearts fans holding an anti-Hearts agenda.

he never claimed for a penalty against celtic either.. beaton awarded it he still got a 2 match ban

He never. It was neither a dive or a penalty.

It makes me sad to see so many Hearts fans holding an anti-Hearts agenda.

What is anti Hearts about wanting a player to stop cheating?  Its all about standards.  We could lose a match as a result of Walker diving.  Calling this out before it becomes more of issue is the right thing to do for the team and the club. Ignoring this anti football.

What is anti Hearts about wanting a player to stop cheating?  Its all about standards.  We could lose a match as a result of Walker diving.  Calling this out before it becomes more of issue is the right thing to do for the team and the club. Ignoring this anti football.

I sat in Gorgie Road stand so a fair but away but thought he had slipped. I think TV will prove you are wrong but accept it may also prove I am wrong. Why not wait till its been on telly before castigating him. If he dived, he deserved a booking. 

I thought at the time he was looking for it.

The caveat is, I can think of two or three times this season he has stayed on his feet where he was being fouled when I felt he should of gone done.

What is anti Hearts about wanting a player to stop cheating? Its all about standards. We could lose a match as a result of Walker diving. Calling this out before it becomes more of issue is the right thing to do for the team and the club. Ignoring this anti football.

He doesn't cheat though. He was booked last week, and it was rescinded.

And on the subject of not wanting a player to cheat:

Do you not want a defender to deliberately foul a player to stop a goal?

Do you not want a player to steal a yard or two when given a freekick?

Do you not want a player to time waste if we are winning with a few minutes to go?

Do you not want a player to claim a throw that is not ours?

Do you not want a player to deny a penalty decision for the opposition, even if it is a penalty?

Do you not want a player to claim and celebrate a goal if he knows it is offside or not over the line?

Personally, I want all of that.

Personally, I think any Hearts supporter who wants to have a go at one of our own for something that happens the length and breadth of the league, is a ****ing idiot. The media do a good enough job of vilifying our more talented players without our own fans buying in to their shite.

Only a ******* idiot would think that was a dive.

Looked like a dive from where I was sat. Good to hear it could have been a slip.

Hopefully wasn't a dive...

The pitch isn't great right now, and the amount of excessive watering they did prior to kick off and at half time was stupid. Players slipping in the areas where the sprinkler was being aimed at.

The pitch being overwatered isn't a new thing either... 

You're trying to brand one of our players as a serial cheat. That's anti-Hearts.

But then, you already knew that.

Walter Bishop

Yesterday his dive in the box after only a few minutes was laughable. He should have been booked!

I dont like players cheating and Walker needs to get this out of his game. He already has a reputation and we could easily end up not getting a penalty because of his previous behaviour... or worse still he could get sent off.

You wonder if last weeks wrong booking was due to Walkers diving reputation.... if it had been another player we may have seen a different outcome.

Wow. If only this was all we had to worry about it!

:facepalm:

Yesterday his dive in the box after only a few minutes was laughable. He should have been booked!

I dont like players cheating and Walker needs to get this out of his game. He already has a reputation and we could easily end up not getting a penalty because of his previous behaviour... or worse still he could get sent off.

He was off balance and fell over. No dive and pretty sad that a Hearts fan would suggest otherwise.

If that was a dive then it's the one of the worst attempts I've ever seen.

It looked as though it was simply a case of losing his balance from where I was in the main stand.

People are aware you can dive without appealing to the ref?

Always found it bizzare when this is used as a defence against a dive.

:lol:

Whether or not Walker dived is up for debate, but please stop spouting this shite about not appealing. It's irrelevant.

People are aware you can dive without appealing to the ref?

Always found it bizzare when this is used as a defence against a dive.

:lol:

Whether or not Walker dived is up for debate, but please stop spouting this shite about not appealing. It's irrelevant.

It can also be neither a dive or a penalty.

He was off balance and fell over. No dive and pretty sad that a Hearts fan would suggest otherwise.

It's sad that diving is an issue in football. Walker has already been caught doing it. He has to stop it.

You're trying to brand one of our players as a serial cheat. That's anti-Hearts.

But then, you already knew that.

No it's not.,.. it's called being balanced. If a player does something wrong it should be called out. By your thinking no Hearts player can ever do wrong.

No it's not.,.. it's called being balanced. If a player does something wrong it should be called out. By your thinking no Hearts player can ever do wrong.

There's nothing balanced about branding a Hearts player a cheat for something he's been penalised for once.

You should work for BBC Scotland.

How many times has he been penalised for diving?

3 times for Hearts, not including the one that was rescinded last week or the one that was retrospectively awarded after the Celtic game early in the season.

3 times for Hearts, not including the one that was rescinded last week or the one that was retrospectively awarded after the Celtic game early in the season.

When were these three?

avhudtheteeshirt

I'm getting fed up of this diving accusations, mostly from the media?

More and more we hear the Walker dives or an other Hearts player!

When the same thing happens from one of the uglies, the pundits always seem to find a reason for the dive!!

In our case Scott Brown has a lot to answer for, as his outburst on Walker for diving yet the following week when Griffiths went down easy nothing said?

These reasons are why Celtic will win the League at a canter, and Rangers will end up second, as any other team in this league gets any sort of run going the media and referees will make sure it is ended!!!

Status Quo will be back!!!!!

Archived