Thordarson speaks about the Hearts link (merged threads)

StrikersInstinct

StrikersInstinct

Broken Hearts

Football is a complicated sport sometimes and people make up the most ridiculous stories. One certain rumour has now got a wing on its own that our manager Gudjon Thordarson is on his way to manage Hearts in Scotland. That is not going to happen.

It is our duty to inform our supporters that Gudjon Thordarson is NOT on his way to Hearts so you could say they have "broken Hearts" if they intend to speak to us and Gudjon about his availability.

It was reported in Scotland yesterday, tuesday, that Gudjon was over there in negotiations. It couldnt be further from the truth as he was playing golf with his son Bjarni, our assistant manager and another player. He apparently did very well and I have been told that he is a growing golfer.

Even though golf originates from Scotland it is not enough to connect all these issues together because Hearts do play Scottish football but not golf. I am not aware Hearts are looking for a golf instructor.

We are certainly honoured to have in our ranks a coveted coach. It tells us his methodology is well respected.

As we speak Gudjon is preparing his team to take on Valur in the Icelandic Premier League on sunday.

Gisli Gislason, IA Akranes chairman.

http://www.kfia.is/mfl/Frettir/161/default.aspx

Broken Hearts

Football is a complicated sport sometimes and people make up the most ridiculous stories. One certain rumour has now got a wing on its own that our manager Gudjon Thordarson is on his way to manage Hearts in Scotland. That is not going to happen.

It is our duty to inform our supporters that Gudjon Thordarson is NOT on his way to Hearts so you could say they have "broken Hearts" if they intend to speak to us and Gudjon about his availability.

It was reported in Scotland yesterday, tuesday, that Gudjon was over there in negotiations. It couldnt be further from the truth as he was playing Golf with his son Bjarni, our assistant manager and another player. He apparently did very well and I have been told that he is a growing golfer.

Even though Golf originates from Scotland it is not enough to connect all these issues together because Hearts do play Scottish football but not Golf. I am not aware Hearts are looking for a golf instructor.

We are certainly honoured to have in our ranks a coveted coach. It tells us his mehodology are well respected.

As we speak Gudjon is preparing his team to take on Valur in the Icelandic Premier League on sunday.

Weiss it is. :)

Guest JamboRobbo

Cheers for the info.

Maybe it's all a ruse then? HMFC "suggest" we might get Thoradson with Butcher as assistent.

Wait for people to think for a bit, and come to terms with it, and maybe realise Butcher as manager would be the better option.

Then we get Butcher as manager instead.

Everybody's happy.

It's genius.

Come on Vlad you know it makes sense.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Brilliant! You wouldn't normally get such comedy value on a club website.

Oh, wait...!

Pants Shaton
Wonder where the story about him came from then? Weird.

This clueless little scrote-bag:

keevins.jpg

As an aside - what a jaunty report to have on an official website

Makes me pine for the days when we were communicated to formally by our club on issues as and when they arose....

Cheers for the info.

Maybe it's all a ruse then? HMFC "suggest" we might get Thoradson with Butcher as assistent.

Wait for people to think for a bit, and come to terms with it, and maybe realise Butcher as manager would be the better option.

Everybody's happy.

It's genius.

To tell you the truth i like it the other way better Butcher as assistant to Thor.

Drylaw Hearts
Broken Hearts

It was reported in Scotland yesterday, tuesday, that Gudjon was over there in negotiations. It couldnt be further from the truth as he was playing golf with his son Bjarni, our assistant manager and another player. He apparently did very well and I have been told that he is a growing golfer.

Even though golf originates from Scotland it is not enough to connect all these issues together because Hearts do play Scottish football but not golf. I am not aware Hearts are looking for a golf instructor.

We are certainly honoured to have in our ranks a coveted coach. It tells us his methodology is well respected.

This guy is the VR of Iceland.

Bizarre statement.

Drew Busby !
Cheers for the info.

Everybody's happy.

It's genius.

Throw in another few hundred season ticket purchases on the rumour of something ... anything .. resembling a new manager in a 100 mile radius of the ground , and it's easy to see how all this works ....

Say What Again
Everybody's happy.

Not everybody.

Don't worry, I'm not going to rant about a manager we haven't even appointed, but I do think there are better than Terry Butcher around.

Just ask Brentford/Sydney fans.

Say What Again

After a poor run of results, including only 5 wins in 23 matches, and under increasing pressure from the fans who had been chanting the name of former boss Martin Allen, he left Brentford on 11 December 2007

Wiki

Pants Shaton
This guy is the VR of Iceland.

Bizarre statement.

He has some way to go to top this:

romanov.jpg

"I'm very glad that you finally got down from the trees and found a worthy place for yourself - a safari park. It shows you have both the habits and instincts of monkeys. I'll visit the director of the safari park and ask for a personal cage for each of you. One thing is very important. First you have to pass the quarantine rules and the vet will vaccinate you against rabies. So you are not allowed to join the monkeys yet. You should notice how peaceful they are. You may affect them badly and they'll become furious. They'll start biting and drawing cartoons. I think it should be very comfortable for you to write your so-called 'reports' from your cage. It will feel like your natural habitat. Besides, the fans will be quite safe and aware from now onwards who you really are. I will bring your favourite Celtic scarves right inside the cage for you to wear. And if you behave like our monkeys Chippy, Rosie, Blossom and Pansy, I'll give each of you a banana as a reward. Also I can organise a party - like the one we had in Kaunas on the eve of the Lithuania v Scotland match - in the safari park, especially for you. There you will be able to take funny photographs of yourselves as a momento of your lucky escape from rabies."

OR

"Even the most sacred places on earth, the places that house the remains of Christ are blighted by profiteers and money-grabbers. Likewise in the football world, which is sacred for those who love football there are also those - be they agents, journalists or jealous hangers on or other 'wunderkinds' who seek to ruin all that is good about the game. But it is the Devil that is driving them forward and they are not going to stop. All that will remain for me is to step aside and bid them farewell on the road to Hell."

Guest JamboRobbo
Not everybody.

Maybe not the specifics of Butcher mate, but just seems to me that maybe HMFC might choose to "put a few names out there" which maybe the fans wouldn't be overly enthused by. Lower expectations a bit. Bring a few fears to the fore of peoples minds (e.g. foreign puppet/pyramid starts becoming the fear)

Then when the real name comes out, everyones delighted (or at least easier pleased).

Say What Again
Maybe not the specifics of Butcher mate, but just seems to me that maybe HMFC might choose to "put a few names out there" which maybe the fans wouldn't be overly enthused by. Lower expectations a bit. Bring a few fears to the fore of peoples minds (e.g. foreign puppet/pyramid starts becoming the fear)

Then when the real name comes out, everyones delighted (or at least easier pleased).

I hope you're right :)

StrikersInstinct

Thordarson: Ready for Hearts on the right premises

Gu?j?n ?I can confirm that I have been approached by Hearts and asked if I would be interested in the job. That?s how things stand now,? Thordarson told Visir.is.

?I told them I would consider it on the right premises. I am getting too old for all kind of crap."

Thordarson said this has been ongoing since January but he has no idea what the club is thinking of doing. He also refuted reports he was in Scotland yesterday: ? I was on the golfcourse and played 27 holes. That?s about it really,? said Thordarson.

http://www.visir.is/article/20080611/IDROTTIR0101/551658174

If we cant have their manager can we have their chairman instead. That guy sounds like a right laugh, you would never find that sort of report on our site.

Seriously though.....give us Thordarson.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Gu?j?n ?I can confirm that I have been approached by Hearts and asked if I would be interested in the job. That?s how things stand now,? Thordarson told Visir.is.

?I told them I would consider it on the right premises. I am getting too old for all kind of crap."

Thordarson said this has been ongoing since January but he has no idea what the club is thinking of doing. He also refuted reports he was in Scotland yesterday: ? I was on the golfcourse and played 27 holes. That?s about it really,? said Thordarson.

Sounds just like Big Ron Atkinson!!

Clerry Jambo

...........starting to like this guy:rolleyes:

Cut The Crap

I like him already. :)

Drylaw Hearts

27 holes ?

That a big Golf Course.

jamboinglasgow

Thats the line that would make me think that if he came it would be only without intereference.

marshallschunkychicken
...........starting to like this guy:rolleyes:

Me too..

? I was on the golfcourse and played 27 holes. That?s about it really,?

If he gives 150% in everything, that's a good start.

Sexton Hardcastle

Icelands very similar to Scotland. Hes linked with the job, hes got the job, The club say hes going no were, he comes out and says hes intrested...

What next?

Malofeev back il guess. Throw a spanner in the works

Unfortunately that will probably signal the end of his chances such is the paranoia of our owner. Bring in the Belarussian lap dog.

Nelly Terraces
Unfortunately that will probably signal the end of his chances such is the paranoia of our owner. Bring in the Belarussian lap dog.

Sad, but true. Thor sounds like total geezer and would tell Vlad to do one if he tried fitting him wi strings.

bean counter

Interesting

Auldreekie1874

No mention of when he spoke to Hearts though. Is this recently or is he referring to our approach in January?

Yes, from the tone of his statement it sounds like the last conversation took place some time ago.

StrikersInstinct
No mention of when he spoke to Hearts though. Is this recently or is he referring to our approach in January?

These comments were made this morning and I dont think hes talked to Hearts recently.

These comments were made this morning and I dont think hes talked to Hearts recently.

If he was asked to take the job,do you think he would take it.

jamtartsandbees
Not everybody.

Don't worry, I'm not going to rant about a manager we haven't even appointed, but I do think there are better than Terry Butcher around.

Right there without a doubt ! BTW I'd take Martin Allen in a shot

Guest JamboRobbo

However, perhaps I'm doing him an injustice as his abilities seem to lie in motivation, team spirit and discipline. Something we sorely need.

And encouraging and bringing through youngsters. Which seems to be the plan at HMFC, and something I think he's excellent at.

Rudolf's Mate

Bit worrying if the contact was back in Jan and nothing more has been done about it! Would suggest that it's not going to be him if this is indeed the case!

Rudolf's Mate

Basically all they really are denying is him being in Scotland for talks, which no doubt they are correct. Some journo obviously got his hands on the story and tweaked it therefore they have had to come out with a response!

It could be tripe or it could be just exactly what Boyle, and any chairman in the same situarion would do, put up a 'strong' defence :rolleyes:

Apparently he has a release clause though so the Chairman cant stop him anyway.

Yes, from the tone of his statement it sounds like the last conversation took place some time ago.

Which probably means he took himself out of the running by telling Romanov he would not be a puppet.

What about the claim, that he was here yesterday, being rebuffed by the club chairman !.........assuming it's not true then how the hell do these hacks get away with it ?

So its Vlad Weiss from Vlad Swartz.

Nelly Terraces

A bloke who thinks for himself and speaks his mind will never work at Hearts in any capacity under the Lithumaniac.

As an aside - what a jaunty report to have on an official website

Makes me pine for the days when we were communicated to formally by our club on issues as and when they arose....

I love that word...jaunty... :)

Despite the entertaining tone of the article, they sound pretty serious about him going nowhere. Doesn't mean we haven't made an approach though.

bean counter
A bloke who thinks for himself and speaks his mind will never work at Hearts in any capacity under the Lithumaniac.

I don't agree NT I think Campbell Ogilve is his own man and I hope he can help in bringing Butcher to the Club

BangkokHearts
iceland2007%20009.jpg

Come to Hearts and leave all this behind?

He'll still get a couple of visits to Pittodrie every year.

Archived