"Ambition and clowns drove Robbie south"

redm

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robbie has extreme confidence in himself to make the best of an opportunity given to him and see's this as a route to get to where he thinks he can work and be successful, end of...every fanbase has an element who are never happy, we are no different...

Good luck to him and I hope he goes on to bigger and better things down there...

kingantti1874

Is he ? Wednesday night was our best performance under robbie.. for the majority of the season we've been entirely average..

portobellojambo1

There is nothing wrong with the article if you read it for all it is, an individual's opinion.

kingantti1874

An individual who doesn't go every week and is in no position to offer such an opinion.. I think Wednesday has induced amnesia amongst many..

portobellojambo1

An individual who doesn't go every week and is in no position to offer such an opinion.. I think Wednesday has induced amnesia amongst many..

Exactly, he was simply producing an opinion, rather than a factual journalistic piece.

I'm not going to read the article. I've already worked out that ambition is the reason why someone would make a career move such as this. I already know why someone like Smith would be keen to portray that 'clowns' helped the process along.

Ambition. No shit Sherlock.

Clowns. **** off you Hibs *****.

I'm not going to read the article. I've already worked out that ambition is the reason why someone would make a career move such as this. I already know why someone like Smith would be keen to portray that 'clowns' helped the process along.

Ambition. No shit Sherlock.

Clowns. **** off you Hibs *****.

Well said :clap:

Interesting read from Aidan Smith today [emoji51]

Might be the first time I've ever broadly agreed with him too.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/aidan-smith-ambition-and-clowns-drove-robbie-neilson-south-1-4307988

Interesting it isn't. This article tells us nothing it's what i call a space filler in a sad old newspaper.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hearts are an entertaining team. People should be less selective about some of the poorest performances. We have scored quite a few goals this season

Some had a legitimate grievance about their enjoyment levels when watching Hearts.

Others are just utter wankers who enjoying acting to type.

Stephen Muddie

More generally, if this Aidan throbber is correct in his opinion, I'm glad neilson is gone because I've never heard anything so weak. Burchill was saying the same.

Sensitive bitches don't make good hearts managers, or players for that matter. Again, generally.

Levein says there is massive pressure being Hearts manager as at a club this size there is an expectation to win every week.

Now ask yourself, who are the clowns? Those unhappy we can't beat St J and ICT or make any progress in the cups. Or those who thought it was ok because we were 3rd last year and on course to achieve similar this year.

Are fans who spend thousands to travel home and away clowns for finding the football poor, for being unhappy at the lack of quality often on display, for being unhappy at the lack of belief and ambition of the manager?

Blaming the fans is a very convenient smokescreen.

Article about Neilson, but waxing lyrical about 0-7 and the cup

Boring hubs welt

Don't think this guy has ever written anything about us without mentioning the 0-7 game. Really does himself a disservice cause otherwise not a bad Journo.

More generally, if this Aidan throbber is correct in his opinion, I'm glad neilson is gone because I've never heard anything so weak. Burchill was saying the same.

Sensitive bitches don't make good hearts managers, or players for that matter. Again, generally.

I agree if the antipathy of some supporters influenced Robbie to leave, and I heard similar stories earlier this year, then it does suggest he might be a bit over-sensitive to be a football manager as criticism ( unjust or otherwise ) is very much par for the course.

Francis Albert

Aidan of the "don't know so just make it up" school of journalism.

Still if true Robbie's not the first Hearts manager to flee south to avoid a bit of personal aggro.

Jambof3tornado

Lol. Robbie left because of a plane dragging a banner and some bedsheet messages.....away and dont talk shite.

Robbie sees mk dons as a stepping stone, no more no less.

A other example of the Hibishness that lurks in bowls of the Scotsman, Scotland of Sunday and the Evening News. I'll bet he was positively salvating as he bashed away st his keyboard.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

"Those nasty fans are being nasty again, that's me away noo."

Christ sakes A.Smith give Neilson a bit more credit please.

I think a lot of the media folk are desperate to pain that phoodle out incident with the plane as a deal breaker for neilson and it was at that point he started clock watching.

I think its bullshit. He wanted to go down south and challenge himself, he didn't fancy a slugging match with aberdeen for the next couple of years till rangers get their shit together and outspend everyone again.

Scottish footballs boring :(

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think a lot of the media folk are desperate to pain that phoodle out incident with the plane as a deal breaker for neilson and it was at that point he started clock watching.

I think its bullshit. He wanted to go down south and challenge himself, he didn't fancy a slugging match with aberdeen for the next couple of years till rangers get their shit together and outspend everyone again.

Is the right answer.

Except Sevco are in no position to outspend anyone.

queensferryjambo

Sorry what was this Robbie Neilson article about again? Hibs, 7-0 win, the Scottish Cup defeat to Hibs, Hearts yo-yo team of the 70s, Romanov, Pieman, Hibs (incredibly marginal) superiority in the last 5 derby games (5 games FFS), Levein's influence, big physical teams (yawn yawn) and every other snide dig a Hibs arse could muster and still get published.

The guy is a ****ing penis he is a slightly cleaned up published version of hibs.net the only thing he missed in the article that separates him from his disgusting green and white comrades is he never mentioned poppy stealing and paedos. 

I know the Robbie haters might find it hard to believe but every Hibs fan I know was pretty happy Hearts were losing Neilson.

Seems Aidan Smith is also reveling in Neilson leaving (along with reveling in every other minor Hibs triumph rolled into a handful of paragraphs).

...a bit disco

Sorry what was this Robbie Neilson article about again? Hibs, 7-0 win, the Scottish Cup defeat to Hibs, Hearts yo-yo team of the 70s, Romanov, Pieman, Hibs (incredibly marginal) superiority in the last 5 derby games (5 games FFS), Levein's influence, big physical teams (yawn yawn) and every other snide dig a Hibs arse could muster and still get published.

The guy is a ******* penis he is a slightly cleaned up published version of hibs.net the only thing he missed in the article that separates him from his disgusting green and white comrades is he never mentioned poppy stealing and paedos. 

I know the Robbie haters might find it hard to believe but every Hibs fan I know was pretty happy Hearts were losing Neilson.

Seems Aidan Smith is also reveling in Neilson leaving (along with reveling in every other minor Hibs triumph rolled into a handful of paragraphs).

Yep.

This is the journalist and author (I use these descriptives in their loosest possible sense), remember, who posted on .net asking for material for his book about Hibs cup win.

Guess The Crowd

Don't think this guy has ever written anything about us without mentioning the 0-7 game. Really does himself a disservice cause otherwise not a bad Journo.

That's where I'm at with him. He has done some very decent articles on ex-Hearts players before. As for this piece, It actually started off quite well, and to be fair to him he says he repeatedly asked Robbie for interviews which were politely declined, so he's limited to speculation to some extent.

However, he just can't help himself with his Hibbishness, and crowbaring in a reference to 7-0 is just embarrassing. Not offensive, just embarrassing.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Probably right. It would take a special manager and a special team to come close to winning the title. :(

Still, It's the reason I get excited about football. Imagine the celebrations if we ever win the title. :tiny:

The couple I know are gutted because they felt that under his stewardship we were very vulnerable in derby games.

Anyway, I wouldn't give Smith the steam off of my pish so I'll pass on reading any of his horseshit.  Hibs ****.

I have visions of Neilson and Crawford sitting in the back of a big red car, being driven down the motorway by coco the clown !!

There is nothing wrong with the article if you read it for all it is, an individual's opinion.

Correct.

Toxteth O'Grady

I think I'd rather read Phil Three Names than Aidan Welt.

For the avoidance of doubt I agree.

When it comes to stenographers the Hibs welt ranks among the worst. :)

Archived