Frail here for next season, would it be SO bad?

Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler

**Not what I am wanting to happen, I'd prefer a new man to be appointed, fresh start and all that.**

However, If he were to be in the dugout next season, With him and AK in charge of pre-season and a few of Frails 'recommendations' being signed, would next season be so bad?

I dunno about his record since 'taking over' I'd guess, points wise, he'd be on a par with the 3rd/4th place teams?? (someone can correct me)

I actually think he done a decent job last season in trying circumstances, and I still don't think he'll get the nod, but would it be so bad for him to be 'gaffer' next season?

Thoughts.

We_are_the_Hearts

Did you watch the games? Points wise he did average but the performances were woeful. We need a fresh start and fresh talent. We started last season with they 2 monkeys and look what happened.

It would only get worse for Frail I'm afraid

And the same will happen to the new manager unless he's given full control of selction, training, signings etc

YES, IT WOULD BE A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE.

I would rather have Ivanauskas or Rix back.

Guest jambomickey

felt sorry for stevie frail last season, i stand right behind home dug out and some of the abuse he took was outa order, he was thrown in at the deep end to pick up the pieces and tried his best but he aint the answer if we want to move on.

Drylaw Hearts
**Not what I am wanting to happen, I'd prefer a new man to be appointed, fresh start and all that.**

However, If he were to be in the dugout next season, With him and AK in charge of pre-season and a few of Frails 'recommendations' being signed, would next season be so bad?

I dunno about his record since 'taking over' I'd guess, points wise, he'd be on a par with the 3rd/4th place teams?? (someone can correct me)

I actually think he done a decent job last season in trying circumstances, and I still don't think he'll get the nod, but would it be so bad for him to be 'gaffer' next season?

Thoughts.

It wouldn't be good JF.

Dirk Diggler
Did you watch the games? Points wise he did average but the performances were woeful. We need a fresh start and fresh talent. We started last season with they 2 monkeys and look what happened.

Yes, I watched pretty much every single one of them.

But Frail only took 'control' in January, Things improved.

We have a squad of sheite players, I'm not sure who would have done much better tbh.

Dirk Diggler
It wouldn't be good JF.

I'm not saying it would mate.

Hearts and 'good' don't always go together.

We all know that.

:)

Clum, Mole and Neilson, lots on 1-0 defeats in important games, yeah it would be wonderful. Even better than watching all the Vladites falling over each other to convince themselves that Romanov had delivered on the January 1st statement.

Only a Game
Yes, I watched pretty much every single one of them.

But Frail only took 'control' in January, Things improved.

We have a squad of sheite players, I'm not sure who would have done much better tbh.

You posted this knowing what the answer is and knowing what most others would give as the answer.

Frail and Korbochka, over the course of the whole season ( because they were in charge for the whole season despite the revisionism some people want to indulge in) were a complete and unmitigated disaster.

You know, we know it, Korobochka and Frail probably know it and christ I even think Romanov knows it.

Going with them next season would be the same complete and unmitigated disaster and although I dont expect to be staring open mouthed in disbelief at the computer when the new manager is announced, I, and several thousand others I suspect, will be absolutely RAGING if its Frail and Korobochka.

Dirk Diggler
Clum, Mole and Neilson, lots on 1-0 defeats in important games, yeah it would be wonderful. Even better than watching all the Vladites falling over each other to convince themselves that Romanov had delivered on the January 1st statement.

Who should he have played?

We sold our top goalscorer, Nade and Pinilla were never fit and Thomson was given a run towards the end of the season with some people criticising him after his first game.

Frail did well for when he took over but to be fair he couldn't do much worse. Over the course of a full season he'd struggle, just doesn't have the tactical nous and Vlad would stick an oar in here and there. And what if Berra, Driver, etc get sold? He didn't exactly relish using the youth until we had nothing else to lose.

Assistant I'd be fine with, but manager and no chance on 3rd / 4th, lucky with top six imo.

Dirk Diggler
You posted this knowing what the answer is and knowing what most others would give as the answer.

Frail and Korbochka, over the course of the whole season ( because they were in charge for the whole season despite the revisionism some people want to indulge in) were a complete and unmitigated disaster.

You know, we know it, Korobochka and Frail probably know it and christ I even think Romanov knows it.

Going with them next season would be the same complete and unmitigated disaster and although I dont expect to be staring open mouthed in disbelief at the computer when the new manager is announced, I, and several thousand others I suspect, will be absolutely RAGING if its Frail and Korobochka.

I suggest you clean up your own JKB.

Dirk Diggler
Frail did well for when he took over but to be fair he couldn't do much worse. Over the course of a full season he'd struggle, just doesn't have the tactical nous and Vlad would stick an oar in here and there. And what if Berra, Driver, etc get sold? He didn't exactly relish using the youth until we had nothing else to lose.

Assistant I'd be fine with, but manager and no chance on 3rd / 4th, lucky with top six imo.

If Berra and Driver get sold and no replacements are brought in, Do you think we have a squad that anyone could have challenging for 3rd/4th?

davemclaren
If Berra and Driver get sold and no replacements are brought in, Do you think we have a squad that anyone could have challenging for 3rd/4th?

Depends on if/who we bring in. :cool:

alwaysthereinspirit

He's not up to the task. Some players know he has no say in so many day to day matters that they'll never try for him.

Not fair to him or us and certainly not fair to players that want to give it a go having to play with these huddies..

Only a Game
I suggest you clean up your own JKB.

Sorry youve lost me there. (I'll take a wild stab at a personal remark to avoid answering my points)

Can you explain why you think in your first post that it "wouldnt be so bad" but by the time you get to your third post (15 minutes later) your agreeing that it "wouldnt be good"

VLAD SHOULD BE CRUCIFIED IF FRAIL IS IN THE DUGOUT FOR FIRST GAME OF SEASON AS HEAD COACH

Dirk Diggler
Sorry youve lost me there. (I'll take a wild stab at a personal remark to avoid answering my points)

Can you explain why you think in your first post that it "wouldnt be so bad" but by the time you get to your third post (15 minutes later) your agreeing that it "wouldnt be good"

Ach, never mind, it was about a thread you started in the members lounge titled, 'Clean up your own JKB'.

Forget it.

Oh and as for the OP, I think i asked, 'would it be SO bad?'

and again,

'would it be so bad for him to be 'gaffer' next season?'

Only a Game
Ach, never mind, it was about a thread you started in the members lounge titled, 'Clean up your own JKB'.

Forget it.

Oh and as for the OP, I think i asked, 'would it be SO bad?'

and again,

'would it be so bad for him to be 'gaffer' next season?'

So, putting a 3 month old thread to one side for a minute, in your opinion, would it be good or bad ?

Only a Game

Sold ?...............Sold ? Surely they wouldnt be sold if Frail is in charge and doesnt want them sold ?

Just like Velicka wasnt sold when Frail was in charge and doing so well ?

Dirk Diggler
So, in your opinion, would it be good or bad ?

I think it could be better but could be worse.

Whatever happened to your ignore list anyway? I see you cavorting with all sorts on here nowadays.

Good for you, Don't let the bigots get you down.

:thumb:

Dirk Diggler
Sold ?...............Sold ? Surely they wouldnt be sold if Frail is in charge and doesnt want them sold ?

Just like Velicka wasnt sold when Frail was in charge and doing so well ?

What, just like the 'manager' has the final say at every other club?

portobellojambo1

Thoughts.

I just cannot see it working, or being acceptable to many Hearts fans JF.

While statistics may show we picked up more points post 1 January, I think that was down to the fact we became even more negative playing wise than we had been prior to then. There are instances when results are more important than points, but there was nothing on show to really build from.

I think the danger is now that having heard the statement made 1 January a number of Hearts fans have gone from "just give us a manager" to "just give us a manager, but not x, y or z". I don't think we are in a position to be selective at the moment, we need someone, in fact anyone, to settle the ship and set it back on the right course, and at the moment that right course is moving back up the table (things like qualification for Europe etc. we may have to wait a little longer on), and I don't think a combination of SF and AK are the correct pairing to do that.

We need to create a team spirit, team pattern again, we need some freshness with fresh ideas. Almost all of last season it was teams (the opposition) versus individuals (us).

To go into next season without this manager we have been looking for says a lot about our ability to attract people to the club at the moment. Some on here have said they reckon Romanov is in the huff because McGhee rejected the position. If true, and I don't know if it is, he has to get over that, you cannot simply stop looking because someone says no (what you have to do is analyse why he said no, and tweak the package to make it more attractive (which doesn't mean throw in an even higher salary) to the next person.

Only a Game
I think it could be better but could be worse.

Whatever happened to your ignore list anyway? I see you cavorting with all sorts on here nowadays.

Good for you, Don't let the bigots get you down.

:thumb:

Continuing to ignore your personal remarks. Your clearly not on the list so I dont see what your issue is with me having one.

In what way could it be worse, did you have someone in mind who would make us worse than eighth place ? Who was the last Hearts manager with even half of Frail and Korobochka's budget to finish 8th ? Is there another management team around who could have achieved 8th on that kind of budget in fact ? (Christ I hope not)

Only a Game
What, just like the 'manager' has the final say at every other club?

Did he have any kind of say ?

Was he asked ?

Did he say "Yes we can do without Velicka" or "No we cant do without him" If he said yes was that a good thing to say. If he said No and wasnt listened to was there any point in him being there in the first place ?

Dirk Diggler
Continuing to ignore your personal remarks. Your clearly not on the list so I dont see what your issue is with me having one.

In what way could it be worse, did you have someone in mind who would make us worse than eighth place ? Who was the last Hearts manager with even half of Frail and Korobochka's budget to finish 8th ? Is there another management team around who could have achieved 8th on that kind of budget in fact ? (Christ I hope not)

Personal?!?!?

Anyway, Were Frail and AK responsible for overseeing the budget for that squad?

Did Frail decide to give Ibby Tall 8k a week, The Bosnian bullet 9k a week?

How many players did Frail and AK actually have a say in signing?

Do you know?

I don't.

I do know there is a hell of a lot of average players who were being paid ridiculous sums of money, I do know that results improved after Jan. I do know that at times Frail was pi55ing against the wind.

Would I like Frail? No probably not,

Could we do worse, Absolutely.

Last season proved that.

Dirk Diggler
Did he have any kind of say ?

Was he asked ?

Did he say "Yes we can do without Velicka" or "No we cant do without him" If he said yes was that a good thing to say. If he said No and wasnt listened to was there any point in him being there in the first place ?

I have no idea if Frail was asked.

Was the man who we thought was going to be taking over the hotseat asked?

Only a Game
Personal?!?!?

Anyway, Were Frail and AK responsible for overseeing the budget for that squad?

Did Frail decide to give Ibby Tall 8k a week, The Bosnian bullet 9k a week?

How many players did Frail and AK actually have a say in signing?

Do you know?

I don't.

I do know there is a hell of a lot of average players who were being paid ridiculous sums of money, I do know that results improved after Jan. I do know that at times Frail was pi55ing against the wind.

Would I like Frail? No probably not,

Could we do worse, Absolutely.

Last season proved that.

There you go again.

Was Frail IN CHARGE from 1st January. Lets accept for a minute that he was.

I do know how many players he signed in January. None ? He was in charge remember. He should have signed someone surely ?

Perhaps he wasnt allowed to sign anyone so was he really in charge at all. And if he wasnt in charge enough to make signings and keep players and play who he wanted to select, what had really changed from before 1st January.........the answer is Nothing. He was a constant throughout the season ,as was Korobochka and their status didnt change significantly at all after 1st January.

If they were in charge for the whole season they have to accept the responsibility for the whole season, not just the credit when a few results went the right way for a short while(And it was just a few and it was short term)

They were ultimately responsible for the morale and organisation of the 1st team squad, however that squad got to be there and however good or other wise you think the individuals in that squad are. They failed spectacularly in both key elements that were under their sole control and would undoubtedly fail spectacularly if left in charge again.

Only a Game
I have no idea if Frail was asked.

Was the man who we thought was going to be taking over the hotseat asked?

Do you think the manager, who you say was in charge, SHOULD have been asked about Velicka ?

The man we thought was going to be asked to take over the hotseat, in fact any man we ask to take over the hotseat, should NOT have the team, or any part of the team picked for him. Should NOT have players sold without having A. Input into that decision and most importantly B. The opportunity and authority to sign a replacement and strengthen the team as he sees fit with players he identifies as being good enough . This is surely what they meant by the statement of 1st January unless you have a different view of what that statement meant.

Thats what happened when Frail was "in charge" and is the major reason why he should absolutely NOT be "in charge" next season.

Agree or disagree with any of that ?

Geoff Kilpatrick

All of the members of the "committee" (F®ail, Kookaburra, Bulgarian without the work permit and Vlad) had enough chances last year. None of them deserve any more this season.

Thoughts.

if you want success for hearts stop going on about frail.

Dirk Diggler
Do you think the manager, who you say was in charge, SHOULD have been asked about Velicka ?

The man we thought was going to be asked to take over the hotseat, in fact any man we ask to take over the hotseat, should NOT have the team, or any part of the team picked for him. Should NOT have players sold without having A. Input into that decision and most importantly B. The opportunity and authority to sign a replacement and strengthen the team as he sees fit with players he identifies as being good enough . This is surely what they meant by the statement of 1st January unless you have a different view of what that statement meant.

Thats what happened when Frail was "in charge" and is the major reason why he should absolutely NOT be "in charge" next season.

Agree or disagree with any of that ?

I think he should have been consulted, though ultimately the final decision lies with others above him.

The part highlighted I take issue with though, What if said player was wanting xxxxxxk a week, Should the owner of a club the size of Hearts pay that simply because the 'manager' identifies him as being good enough?

Is that the way it works at other clubs?

Dirk Diggler
if you want success for hearts stop going on about frail.

Me going on about Frail or anybody else won't make the slightest difference Mitch.

Only a Game
I think he should have been consulted, though ultimately the final decision lies with others above him.

The part highlighted I take issue with though, What if said player was wanting xxxxxxk a week, Should the owner of a club the size of Hearts pay that simply because the 'manager' identifies him as being good enough?

Is that the way it works at other clubs?

Not at all, the way it works at other clubs is that the manager, or at least the "football department" knows what the budget is and targets his own players within those constraints.

We are paying players too much money for what they are. No doubt about that. But the manager ONLY should be identifying players who should be signed and should have a big say in who goes. Does that happen at our club ?

I dont even object to Romanov bringing over players from Lithuania, or anywhere else for that matter, for the manager to assess. Christ I dont even mind if he's told they are staying to get experience and /or a long trial period. But he has to be able to pick his own team based on merit and formed through his own opinion and experience of what is required.

Surely you cant disagree with that and equally surely Frail and Korobochka havent been allowed to do that and wouldnt be allowed to do that ?

Dirk Diggler
Not at all, the way it works at other clubs is that the manager knows what the budget is and targets his own players within those constraints.

We are paying players too much money for what they are. No doubt about that. But the manager ONLY should be identifying players who should be signed and should have a big say in who goes. Does that happen at our club ?

I dont even object to Romanov bringing over players from Lithuania, or anywhere else for that matter, for the manager to assess. Christ I dont even mind if he's told they are staying to get experience. But he has to be able to pick his own team based on merit and formed through his own opinion and experience of what is required.

Surely you cant disagree with that and equally surely Frail and Korobochka havent been allowed to do that and wouldnt be allowed to do that ?

I can't disagree with any of that.

The manager should be picking the team.

EDIT**

Why would Frail and AK not be allowed to pick the team but AN.Other would?

Would Frail not then be a safer bet than appointing a McGhee/Davies/Jefferies only for us to experience another Burley type scenario and witness the club imploding yet again?

Not directly aimed at you OAG, Just thinking out loud for the last time tonight.

Only a Game
I can't disagree with any of that.

The manager should be picking the team.

EDIT**

Why would Frail and AK not be allowed to pick the team but AN.Other would?

Would Frail not then be a safer bet than appointing a McGhee/Davies/Jefferies only for us to experience another Burley type scenario and witness the club imploding yet again?

Not directly aimed at you OAG, Just thinking out loud for the last time tonight.

Because A.N. other would not come to Hearts unless sole responsibility for picking the team was guaranteed. Why wouldnt that be the case when it was clearly (theres that word again) stated in the January 1st statement ?

The worst case scenario from that is that we get a manger who walks because the sole control clause isnt delivered.

Where we stand after that I dread to think, probably back with Frail and Korobochka standard and none of us really think thats a good idea do we ?

Dirk Diggler
Because A.N. other would not come to Hearts unless sole responsibility for picking the team was guaranteed. Why wouldnt that be the case when it was clearly (theres that word again) stated in the January 1st statement ?

The worst case scenario from that is that we get a manger who walks because the sole control clause isnt delivered.

Where we stand after that I dread to think, probably back with Frail and Korobochka standard and none of us really think thats a good idea do we ?

You think that writing that into a contract would make the slightest bit of difference?

It may get them here in the first place, I'll give you that, It certainly doesn't guarantee Romanov won't interfere.

Appointing McGhee/Davies/Jefferies would lead to your worse case scenario but Frail will already have been disposed of.

So in 3 months we'd be worse of than we are now.

Only a Game
You think that writing that into a contract would make the slightest bit of difference?

It may get them here in the first place, I'll give you that, It certainly doesn't guarantee Romanov won't interfere.

Appointing McGhee/Davies/Jefferies would lead to your worse case scenario but Frail will already have been disposed of.

So in 3 months we'd be worse of than we are now.

In that case we'd have a much bigger problem than how competent or otherwise Frail and Korobochka are and no difficulty whatsover getting two other puppets to do what they are authorised to do, and do it to their level of excellence?

Dirk Diggler
In that case we'd have a much bigger problem than how competent or otherwise Frail and Korobochka are and no difficulty whatsover getting two other puppets to do what they are authorised to do, and do it to their level of excellence?

Ok, we've reached a stalemate.

Yet again.

Only a Game
Ok, we've reached a stalemate.

Yet again.

Och well, there are plenty of other camp followers on here who would happily agree with you just for the sake of it. I guess you'll have to try your opinions out on one of them if you want support for them.

Dirk Diggler
Och well, there are plenty of other camp followers on here who would happily agree with you just for the sake of it. I guess you'll have to try your opinions out on one of them if you want support for them.

:):thumb:

x

winston churchill

the only thing frail was ever in charge of was ripping the mad mans team from the fax machine.

even after all the fecking around and pushing the self destruct button. we still had the top six in our hands ,and he still managed to blow it at killie.

frail should go back to working for dave bambi macpherson.

Archived