Joey Barton

200milesfromgorgie

Should Barton still be allowed to be a footballer?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Barton still be allowed to be a footballer?

• Yes
    • No
    • We need a manager!

200milesfromgorgie

Simple question, should he be aloud to continue his football career?

I say he's had more than his fair share of chances and should be kept out of the game?

Am i being harsh?

Barton may be dislikable but he like anyone else is free to reform their life once they have paid their penalty to society

Also to do so would be illegal and a breach of human rights/EU constitution

glentoranhearts

I say he's had more than his fair share of chances and should be kept out of the game?

Am i being harsh?

He wont be kept out the game as he's talented and can command a healthy transfer fee

As much as i despise the reptile he will have paid his price

Who knows he might have learned something :)

What a crazy poll, are you seriously asking if the guy can go back to work after he has served his time ? :confused:

Of course he should IMO.

200milesfromgorgie
What a crazy poll, are you seriously asking if the guy can go back to work after he has served his time ? :confused:

Of course he should IMO.

I don't think its the same as a run of the mill working man/woman. He's meanr to be a role model for kids and in todays climate of gang/mob/youth culture does he deserve to be in such a priverlaged position?

as the question asks, am i being harsh? maybe i am.

p.s just needed to change the JKB record;)

I don't think its the same as a run of the mill working man/woman. He's meanr to be a role model for kids and in todays climate of gang/mob/youth culture does he deserve to be in such a priverlaged position?

as the question asks, am i being harsh? maybe i am.

p.s just needed to change the JKB record;)

I don't think he puts himself up as a role model although i do agree some may look at him this way. I don't think he should be punished again after his release, he has the right to be reformed.

To answer your question then yes i think you are being harsh. :)

200milesfromgorgie

To answer your question then yes i think you are being harsh. :)

That is fair enough.

So say if he was done for rape or child abuse, as long as he does his time that's ok?

He's a thug, should be shown the door and by all accounts the only way he will still be at his current club is if he agrees a 50% wage cut.

Barton may be dislikable but he like anyone else is free to reform their life once they have paid their penalty to society

Arf.

Diametrically opposed to your view on Mutu. :)

No Prancer, you do not post for effect.

So say if he was done for rape or child abuse, as long as he does his time that's ok?

He's a thug, should be shown the door and by all accounts the only way he will still be at his current club is if he agrees a 50% wage cut.

But he wasn't done for those crimes, we are talking about what he did do. Different crimes and circumstances should be treated individually. He may be a thug but that does not mean he does not have the right to earn a living after he has served his time.

But he wasn't done for those crimes, we are talking about what he did do. Different crimes and circumstances should be treated individually. He may be a thug but that does not mean he does not have the right to earn a living after he has served his time.

But is he reformed? I'd say no. He just goes off on one again and again, gets let off mostly and waltzes back into his massively paid job like nothing has happened.

No matter what people say, footballers are role models to thousands of kids who aim to be where they are, and this guy's an utter bassa.....wasn't he the one who attacked a fan (kid) and stubbed out a cigar in someone's eye?

Nice.

200milesfromgorgie
But is he reformed? I'd say no. He just goes off on one again and again, gets let off mostly and waltzes back into his massively paid job like nothing has happened.

No matter what people say, footballers are role models to thousands of kids who aim to be where they are, and this guy's an utter bassa.....wasn't he the one who attacked a fan (kid) and stubbed out a cigar in someone's eye?

Nice.

aye thats the thing, not the first case just the first he's got done for.

Nice.

I am sure this is the first time he has been in prison ? if so then maybe that's what it takes to reform some people. I refuse to accept that the guy has no right to do his job after his release just because he is a footballer.

I am sure this is the first time he has been in prison ? if so then maybe that's what it takes to reform some people. I refuse to accept that the guy has no right to do his job after his release just because he is a footballer.

Maybe that should be the case, go to jail if yer a lawyer and come out on the dole. Many other professions have you stripped off your licence to practice with a criminal record and those are nowhere near as well paid.

If it was a one off I'd agree with you but Barton will reoffend in some way, it's just who he is.

200milesfromgorgie
His prison will have a cracker of a football team!

Could be like Mean Machine.

Vinnie Jones acting, now there's a crime!

Doctor FinnBarr

Can remember when Vlad spread the rumour that we were after him!

Still, not as bad as his brother tho!

:rolleyes:

BangkokHearts
wasn't he the one who attacked a fan (kid) and stubbed out a cigar in someone's eye?

Nice.

It happened when they were on tour in Bangkok, in one of the hotels here.

His half-brother is also a convicted murderer.

Nice family.

$ilvery_Moon

Am i being harsh?

Yes and completely unreasonable.

200milesfromgorgie
Yes and completely unreasonable.

Yes - fair enough, place your vote. unreasonable - How? stated my opinion and the reason to be in such a high profile role. If a member of parliment/police/or education worker punched a child, burnt someone with a cigar then got done for 'decking' somebody on a night out then they would lose their jobs no?

$ilvery_Moon
Yes - fair enough, place your vote. unreasonable - How? stated my opinion and the reason to be in such a high profile role. If a member of parliment/police/or education worker punched a child, burnt someone with a cigar then got done for 'decking' somebody on a night out then they would lose their jobs no?

I have no doubt I would lose my job if I did what he has done but football is not the same as your job or my job. He's a terrible role model I agree, and there is no defending his previous actions, but to stop him from being able to do his job permanently is something I vehemently disagree with. He should be punished and then have the opportunity to rebuild his life.

200milesfromgorgie
I have no doubt I would lose my job if I did what he has done but football is not the same as your job or my job. He's a terrible role model I agree, and there is no defending his previous actions, but to stop him from being able to do his job permanently is something I vehemently disagree with. He should be punished and then have the opportunity to rebuild his life.

Fair enough. But at the end of the day they shouldn't be untouchable, i think we'll both agree on that one? I have enjoyed this sdata exchange with a fellow 'surfer' of the world wide web. 1110001010101001010110011001

$ilvery_Moon

;) Absolutely we agree on that.

Another Jambo in Yorkshire. What part of England's finest county do you reside in?

200milesfromgorgie
;) Absolutely we agree on that.

Another Jambo in Yorkshire. What part of England's finest county do you reside in?

North yorkshire.

Seymour M Hersh

Hang on a second, our leader Darth Broon says there is no such thing as The EU constituion!! Just a treaty signed in Lisbon!!! Is he lying to us?:eek:

Seymour M Hersh

No it's not okay in case you have doubts. However, you can only be tried on the crime you committed not ones people find even more reprehensible.

Seymour M Hersh
We need a manager!

Looks like we might have one. Does this mean the end to your posting?:107years:

Seymour M Hersh
Maybe that should be the case, go to jail if yer a lawyer and come out on the dole. Many other professions have you stripped off your licence to practice with a criminal record and those are nowhere near as well paid.

If it was a one off I'd agree with you but Barton will reoffend in some way, it's just who he is.

If you are a lawyer and go to jail there is a very strong likelyhood you'd be struck off the rolls by the Law Society of Scotland and would therefore be unable to practice law.

Cambo_Jambo

He kind of reminds me of Jody Morris, talented young player, lost the chance at the top, had to step down a couple of levels and his progress stalled.

We may sign him yet!:P

Sorry, but if you are looking for a moral or principled stance in football then you are looking in the wrong place.

Money is all that matters.

CalgaryHibs

Am i being harsh?

==============

No yoor not been harsh, he should have kick oot years ago.

Archived