Windows Laptop for Kids Xmas

luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta

Alright guys, can anyone recommend a good deal that they've spotted on a laptop for a Xmas present for my 8 year old son. I want to get him a Windows system, as he already has an iPad. It's not for gaming, but still want it to be able to play the odd kids games. I am looking myself, just thought someone might have come across a better deal than I can find. Budget is ?400...Cheers

I bought a Lenovo with a better spec than that one for under ?300.

My point being, if your budget is ?400 you can get something better than that.

4GB ram isn't a lot either - to put things into perspective my phone has 4GB ram.

luckyBatistuta

I bought a Lenovo with a better spec than that one for under ?300.

My point being, if your budget is ?400 you can get something better than that.

4GB ram isn't a lot either - to put things into perspective my phone has 4GB ram.

What did you buy?

luckyBatistuta

Looks OK but...

What will an 8 year do with a ?400 laptop that he can't already do with an iPad?

Your right bud, but I don't want him saying it's not capable of this or that. Also want it to hopefully last him a good while.

The wife will probably end up using it too, as her laptop is a brick and I'm not buying her a new one as well, especially when I'm having to sell one of my kidneys just to buy her stupid hairdryer. :lol:

luckyBatistuta

?400 for a kids laptop?

This is what I'd be buying an 8 year old.

mitashi-talking-educational-kids-laptop-

Beyond that mate, he's already filling his piggy bank with his YouTube channel :lol: He also gets a fair bit of homework that requires a PC and that certainly isn't going to suffice.

Blackford Hearts

Your right bud, but I don't want him saying it's not capable of this or that. Also want it to hopefully last him a good while.

The wife will probably end up using it too, as her laptop is a brick and I'm not buying her a new one as well, especially when I'm having to sell one of my kidneys just to buy her stupid hairdryer. :lol:

Dyson one?

luckyBatistuta

Just as well your minted

Aye right, I'd try and sell you a kidney, but I need the one I have.

Aye right, I'd try and sell you a kidney, but I need the one I have.

I'd need to be driving taxis or something to be able to afford such a nice ornament anyway.

luckyBatistuta

I'd need to be driving taxis or something to be able to afford such a nice ornament anyway.

:lol: It's amazing what you can afford when neither of you waste your money on smoking

Archived