Spain v Russia

cosanostra

Spain 1-0 up - lovely goal from David Villa, laid on by Torres.

What a front pairing that is.

Russia just hit the post as well.

Decent game so far and Spain looking good.

Thats why Ive backed Villa top goalscorer at 12/1.

Oh tasty so far, looks like I might be onto a winner!

Well done. :)

Spain are a joy to watch. Great skill, movement, and no sellik players in their squad.

Hopefully Chelsea FC will sell Drogba and buy Torres. :)

Spain are a joy to watch. Great skill, movement, and no sellik players in their squad.

Hopefully Chelsea FC will sell Drogba and buy Torres. :)

I wonder how much it would cost to make Liverpool sell.

I'd guess 50m or something.

Interesting question Cosa.

Scally FC spent ?20 million on him - a great bit of business. I suspect a bid of ?35 million would be enough.

Backed Spain to win the tournament. Hopefully they can keep up this kind of form, a joy to watch.

Villa/Torres combo is superb.

Spain looking very impressive going forward all be it against a hopeless Russian central defence however I do worry about them at the back if they are genuinely considered title winners. Russia, depsite not playing at their best and without Arshavin have still managed to create a few chances and I think Spain will struggle for clean sheets against the big guns in the 1/4, 1/2 and final. Maybe they will score loads of goals so it won't matter but I still think they will need to tighten up.

Brilliant bet that.Can't believe the folk that backed Torres ahead of Villa.Torres was always going to be more of the creator.16 goals in 32 games now for Villa.

The Old Tolbooth

Scally FC spent ?20 million on him - a great bit of business. I suspect a bid of ?35 million would be enough.

?35M plus Ballack or Cech and Liverpool might talk ;)

Spain looking hot up front but poor at the back, a game against Holland would be interesting! :P

shaun.lawson

ES-PA-NA! (thump thump thump) ES-PA-NA! (thump thump thump)

They seriously worry me at the back, mind you. Beautiful, wonderfully aesthetic football - but you just know someone'll catch them cold at some stage... It'll be fun seeing how far they can go, though. And the Torres/Villa partnership? Sumptuous!

Gerd Muller
?35M plus Ballack or Cech and Liverpool might talk ;)

Spain looking hot up front but poor at the back, a game against Holland would be interesting! :P

How much would David Villa cost? Imagine if Liverpool got him, what odds for the premiership.

The Old Tolbooth
How much would David Villa cost? Imagine if Liverpool got him, what odds for the premiership.

They would need more than Villa to win the league mate. :confused:

So,Russia as an outside bet for the tournie was money well spent?

Oh dear.I take nobody wants my lottery numbers for this week?

:rolleyes:

So,Russia as an outside bet for the tournie was money well spent?

Oh dear.I take nobody wants my lottery numbers for this week?

:rolleyes:

I still think they'll qualify from the group stages and after that with the return of Arshavin might be a different proposition. Not going to win it though, IMO.

Seymour M Hersh
I wonder how much it would cost to make Liverpool sell.

I'd guess 50m or something.

He's not for sale.

Seymour M Hersh

You lot havnae got a clue have you? LFC paid ?27m for the record.

Commander Harris
ES-PA-?A, ! (thump thump thump) ES-PA-?A! (thump thump thump)

They seriously worry me at the back, mind you. Beautiful, wonderfully aesthetic football - but you just know someone'll catch them cold at some stage... It'll be fun seeing how far they can go, though. And the Torres/Villa partnership? Sumptuous!

that's better. :)

sorry, my obsessive streak wouldn't let me off without doing that. ;)

Watched the whole of the Spain match and I wasn't dissapointed. Passing, movement, control - absolutely superb. No Idea why they took Torres off after 50 mins but probably lucky for Russia that they did otherwise it could have been a rout. Football played the right way and winning football, well done Spain!

Oh yeah! Just back from work and saw the hatrick! Might go put on some money on Poldolski just to keep it safe, also pleased for Fabregas scoring too, gets my points up in the dream team, 1st headed goal he has scored I am led to believe, hasnt scored 1 for Arsenal anyway.

Spain were excellent 2nd half I was told, hard to call between them or Holland to win it.

Oh yeah! Just back from work and saw the hatrick! Might go put on some money on Poldolski just to keep it safe, also pleased for Fabregas scoring too, gets my points up in the dream team, 1st headed goal he has scored I am led to believe, hasnt scored 1 for Arsenal anyway.

Spain were excellent 2nd half I was told, hard to call between them or Holland to win it.

I would put money on none of those two winning.Both brilliant their first games but these tournaments are all about peaking at the right time.Remember that Spain scored 4 goals in there opening game at the last WC only to bow out early as usual.

I would put money on none of those two winning.Both brilliant their first games but these tournaments are all about peaking at the right time.Remember that Spain scored 4 goals in there opening game at the last WC only to bow out early as usual.

I agree with that. Whilst both look exciting going forward when the tournament gets down to the nitty gritty and the straight knock out both will have to tighten up at the back as they probably won't be able to rely on scoring 3 or 4 goals against the big teams.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Wait 'til Spain play someone good before judging them. I'd say they've got the easiest group - the gulf between them and the other three is massive.

Veing in Group C, they'll play (most likely) the runners up of Group C - either Holland, France or Italy. Could come unstuck when they're really tested defensively.

Still fancy one of Germany or Portugal. Hopefully Klose gets his shooting boots on the next couple games, none of this squaring it to Gomez/Comically miss-hitting volleys to tee up Podolski!

Scott_HMFC1874

I think Spain have a really good chance this year.

If i had any, then my money would be on them!!

They'll have a difficult path but neither France or Italy have shown that much in their opening games.

Still, Spain or the Czechs as a sneaky outsider for me ;)

stevie HMFC
Spain look very very good!

Yes - had 3-1 on the predictor?!

I had a fiver on Spain 3-1 with Villa scoring first:sad:

Sexton Hardcastle
I had a fiver on Spain 3-1 with Villa scoring first:sad:

gutting. about 35-1 ?

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Villa could have been snapped up for around ?20 million a few weeks back when Valencia announced they would sell him. As no-one was quick off the mark I doubt he'll go that 'cheaply' now.

Germany will still win this tournament IMO.

Suposidly Valencia might be going bust so Villa will be away this summer, anyone heard that Valencia are going bust?

Also just saw the pass by Fabregas for Villas third, awesome

Dr Ian Malcolm

Barca seem to be getting rid of strikers, wouldn't be surprised if ended up there. Can't see him leaving Spain.

Unless he wants to achieve his dream of playing in the CIS Cup.

Archived