SOH - Another disappointment

Emzo

When SOH was set up all those years ago, my dad made a contribution to help buy shares. Once VR took over, he was asked whether he wanted his money back or leave his contribution and get shares later. He decided to leave his money and get the shares as he has always wanted shares in Hearts.

Last September he got a letter from SOH saying he would get the shares within a few weeks and so far - nothing! He wrote a letter to Derek Watson April this year and no reply. He wrote another letter a month later, again no reply.

So has anyone else got their shares or are you having problems like him. Does anyone have suggestions as to what he should do as he is becoming more and more angry. Thanks.

I'm also still waiting on those forthcoming shares.

I haven't bothered getting in touch with the trust as none of my previous attempts at correspondance have been worthy of a reply.

And to think, we accuse Vlad of being poor on the communication front.

When SOH was set up all those years ago, my dad made a contribution to help buy shares. Once VR took over, he was asked whether he wanted his money back or leave his contribution and get shares later. He decided to leave his money and get the shares as he has always wanted shares in Hearts.

Last September he got a letter from SOH saying he would get the shares within a few weeks and so far - nothing! He wrote a letter to Derek Watson April this year and no reply. He wrote another letter a month later, again no reply.

So has anyone else got their shares or are you having problems like him. Does anyone have suggestions as to what he should do as he is becoming more and more angry. Thanks.

pretend to be a journalist for EEN iam sure you will get a reply

Maybe an open letter to the Trust? Mention cold benches at cappielow,loco in leipzig and bevvied in basle,pi$$ed in prague and they'll know your serious ;)

grumpyjambo

Please see below a copy of an update that I received on the 5th June 2008.

This is still a very frustrating situation for everyone!

We are still in the same position as the last update (i.e. we have paid for the shares, over 2 years ago now) but they haven't been transferred into our name due to some administrative problems with Leslie Deans and Stocktrade.

Derek Watson is very much on the case in this matter, he has got Stewart Fraser at Hearts involved now trying to resolve it. He has also got the backing of the larger Supporters' Direct movement should we have to take further legal steps to get this sorted - but we are hoping it won't come to that.

Derek is hopeful of a resolution soon and will be updating everyone who has money in the scheme as soon as there is more news.

Once Pieman was defeated I took my money straight out of SoH. No point in keeping it in any longer.

If one wanted shares, one could have bought them direct and simply voted them in line with the Trust/SoH.

davemclaren
Once Pieman was defeated I took my money straight out of SoH. No point in keeping it in any longer.

If one wanted shares, one could have bought them direct and simply voted them in line with the Trust/SoH.

It's harder to buy them now though.

Your not as daft as your posting habbits suggest. :P

It's harder to buy them now though.

Obviously it is now. But it wasn't difficult at the time the Pie was defeated. :rolleyes:

Sheesh. :sad:

we gave soh money to help buy shares when they asked for our support but now they dont reply to our letters or emails when we asked them for our money back, or tell us what they are now doing with it as there is no sign of shares :confused:

grumpyjambo
we gave soh money to help buy shares when they asked for our support but now they dont reply to our letters or emails when we asked them for our money back, or tell us what they are now doing with it as there is no sign of shares :confused:

The shares are now bought, please see my previous post.

The shares are now bought, please see my previous post.

I hate to be Mr Picky, but they're not "bought". They're not registered to SoH/Trust and you can't vote them. They're in limbo.

I hate to be Mr Picky, but they're not "bought". They're not registered to SoH/Trust and you can't vote them. They're in limbo.

lets be mr picky back then

Paid ofr ergo bought

lost in the paerwork ergo in limbo

1% approx of the shareholding therefore irrelevant against Vlad's 82.2%

no big deal

Dirk Diggler

The only disappointment with SOH was that so few Hearts supporters put their hand in their pockets when it really mattered.

grumpyjambo

What I really meant was now that the money has been handed over there can't be any more refunds.

jamtart4Lyf

we gave ?200 each in our family, that's ?600 which might not be much to some people but as a single parent that is a lot to my family & kids, we gave what we could at the time, i also have written to the SOH asking for our money back when they seem to be doing nothing with it but have had no reply or return of our ?600? might as well have burnt it for all the good it has done us :mad:

The SOH was very good at asking for money but carn't be bother to even reply now they've got our cash, that's what annoy's me the most :mad:

lost in leith

I can't see what purpose the Trust serves at the moment. Vlad doesn't appear to have any real interest in communicating with the fans through that route, and votes at the AGM are a formality, a block vote is of no value.

I have my own small holding of shares so can pitch up and ask questions at the AGM. I would like to withdraw my cash from the Trust - anyone know the best way to do this? The website looks as if nothing has happened for months so I don't know if the contact details there are up to date.

Cheers

Worthing Jambo

Maybe Mr Deans can enlighten us?

Not normally shy about bumping his gums.

Or does it need a lawyer to sort it out.

davemclaren
I can't see what purpose the Trust serves at the moment. Vlad doesn't appear to have any real interest in communicating with the fans through that route, and votes at the AGM are a formality, a block vote is of no value.

I have my own small holding of shares so can pitch up and ask questions at the AGM. I would like to withdraw my cash from the Trust - anyone know the best way to do this? The website looks as if nothing has happened for months so I don't know if the contact details there are up to date.

Cheers

The trust is the only Hearts fans organisation that can represent all fans. You don't have to be a shareholder or be in a supporters club to join. The only qualification you need is a tenner a year.

However, it remains to be seen whether they can capitalise on that position. :rolleyes:

no big deal

I think you'll find it is a big deal for those who left their money in and currently have nothing to show for it.

Guest JamboRobbo
The only disappointment with SOH was that so few Hearts supporters put their hand in their pockets when it really mattered.

For once I'm in agreement with you.

And by the sounds of it, I'm glad I took my money out when I did. Shocking to hear there are people still waiting for shares.

I'm still upset about the shirt Austin McAnn wore in Bordeaux,I gave it to them to raffle or auction, they told me they'd let me know how much it raised, when etc. They never did and when I asked what happened to it nobody knew!

I'm still upset about the shirt Austin McAnn wore in Bordeaux,I gave it to them to raffle or auction, they told me they'd let me know how much it raised, when etc. They never did and when I asked what happened to it nobody knew!

I donated a signed Hearts top and a couple of signed footballs for auction too.

No receipt, perhaps I should have asked for one, but again no info as to whether or not they went to a good home or not.

Funnily enough the money raised for those items will go to shares I suppose. I wonder under what name they will be? Or I suppose the money could've gone to running costs. Fair play.

Anyway, hopefully the shares for the money I left in the fund will turn up sooner rather than later.

As was well documented at the time,Derek Watson was self-unemployed at the time and devoted a lot of work to SOH. Therefore was paid almost ?10000 for his efforts. :dribble:

grumpyjambo

Does anyone know what was said at the AGM last week? Unfortunetly I could not go to the AGM because of other commitments.

Colonel Kurtz
As was well documented at the time,Derek Watson was self-unemployed at the time and devoted a lot of work to SOH. Therefore was paid almost ?10000 for his efforts. :dribble:

He must have had Lord Dode advising him on his expenses.

I believe that such a payment would be illegal given the status of the trust,without prior consultation of all contributors and their majority approval.

He must have had Lord Dode advising him on his expenses....That made me smile :)

I believe that such a payment would be illegal given the status of the trust,without prior consultation of all contributors and their majority approval.

It was done under the guise of SOH not the trust and was carefully worded when voted through......something like "We need to pay some of Derek's expenses".

Nobody could believe the amount when it became apparent!

Colonel Kurtz
It was done under the guise of SOH not the trust and was carefully worded when voted through......something like "We need to pay some of Derek's expenses".

Nobody could believe the amount when it became apparent!

Payment of legitimate axpenses with auditable receipts is legal,however payment of a "lump sum" in lieu of expenses,becomes in effect a salary and is In my experience not.

If the final figure arrived at was decided by anyone with "vested interest".in the fiscal outcome ,then the ice gets even thinner.

I agree with Colonel, how you can defend the payment C beggars belief.

Certainly not defending it,i hope it does'nt sound like i am :eek:

I was 'shaking with rage' at the time,the damage that payment done was never ever repaired.

Colonel Kurtz
I agree with Colonel, how you can defend the payment C beggars belief.

Christ,there a first.

I better check for flying pigs before nipping along for a pint this afternoon.

Christ,there a first.

I better check for flying pigs before nipping along for a pint this afternoon.

Crossed my mind too CK , Now going to get Paisley & Adams out for a karaoke;)

I'm in the same boat and to be honest have mentally written off the loss.

But a couple of points.

1. I'd be wary to put my hand in pocket again to fund a SOH 2.

2. The total raised and more significantly the total number of contributors was pitiful. Having said that I had no idea some of those involved were paying each other a wage.

Smelly.

Certainly not defending it,i hope it does'nt sound like i am :eek:

I was 'shaking with rage' at the time,the damage that payment done was never ever repaired.

Aye you have never pulled a 'fast one' in your life have you? ;)

looking for a friendly for sat at the meadows R...

your boys up for it?

C

Is this meant for me?

It's my twin that runs the fitba. He mentioned your laddie as a decent wee player. Good to hear someone in your family can play. :)

Nucky Thompson
Aye you have never pulled a 'fast one' in your life have you? ;)
Aye, the only reason he's hacked off is because he never got his hands on the 10K;)

I'm in the same boat and to be honest have mentally written off the loss.

But a couple of points.

1. I'd be wary to put my hand in pocket again to fund a SOH 2.

2. The total raised and more significantly the total number of contributors was pitiful. Having said that I had no idea some of those involved were paying each other a wage.

Smelly.

just one person made money out of it and it was nearer to 12 k and was back dated before the sale of tynecastle was announced and that money would have bought a lot of shares.

scott herbertson
I donated a signed Hearts top and a couple of signed footballs for auction too.

No receipt, perhaps I should have asked for one, but again no info as to whether or not they went to a good home or not.

Funnily enough the money raised for those items will go to shares I suppose. I wonder under what name they will be? Or I suppose the money could've gone to running costs. Fair play.

Anyway, hopefully the shares for the money I left in the fund will turn up sooner rather than later.

Boris - I did much the same - paid for a few things like my brother's record (effectively ?1,000 to SOH) D McG's parachute jump, sold some books on ebay. Altogether about 1.6 grand I guess.

However I never agreed with the idea of buying shares and opted to let my money go direct to the running costs of the SOH campaign. I thought, and still think, the best option for SOH/ the Trust is to start saving now against a future when Hearts may fold or require rescue.

A million in the bank for a couple of years would be a good starting point if the Trust was to step in later.

AFC Wimbledon had big problems raising finance when they took over Kingsmeadow stadium - reason - they didn't have a banking record of any length.

Just my take on things and I still think the Trust is our best long term option

Walter Kidd

I sold my Old Man's autographed copy of the 56 Cup Final programme. Thought I was doing the right thing at the time, but now realise we were ****ing in the wind.

I'm sure he forgives me, but I wish I still had it. If only for my little fella.

Having just read the rest of the thread I'm absolutely angered that some little **** was paid ?10k. Where was this reported??

I sold my Old Man's autographed copy of the 56 Cup Final programme. Thought I was doing the right thing at the time, but now realise we were ****ing in the wind.

I'm sure he forgives me, but I wish I still had it. If only for my little fella.

That's scandalous Walt. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Having just read the rest of the thread I'm absolutely angered that some little **** was paid ?10k. Where was this reported??

I read this on JKB a while back (Think it was JKB), That's the reason I asked for my money back at the time...?200 better in my pocket than someone elses!!

davemclaren

Presumably there was some justification for the ?10k expenses and it was authorised by the committee. Did he give up his work or go part time for the period of the campaign?

Presumably there was some justification for the ?10k expenses and it was authorised by the committee. Did he give up his work or go part time for the period of the campaign?

the committee authorised expenses he did not give up work or go part time and he did not spend a lot of time in the SOH shop.

Walter Kidd
That's scandalous Walt. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I know that now mate, but thought I was "saving" Hearts when I did it.

Who is this guy who was paid 10k and does anyone know how I contact him?

I think you'll find it is a big deal for those who left their money in and currently have nothing to show for it.

I , my friend am one of them and I still say NO BIG DEAL but then altruism seems a tad lacking in the world nowadays

jedi knight
Please see below a copy of an update that I received on the 5th June 2008.

This is still a very frustrating situation for everyone!

We are still in the same position as the last update (i.e. we have paid for the shares, over 2 years ago now) but they haven't been transferred into our name due to some administrative problems with Leslie Deans and Stocktrade.

Derek Watson is very much on the case in this matter, he has got Stewart Fraser at Hearts involved now trying to resolve it. He has also got the backing of the larger Supporters' Direct movement should we have to take further legal steps to get this sorted - but we are hoping it won't come to that.

Derek is hopeful of a resolution soon and will be updating everyone who has money in the scheme as soon as there is more news.

Thanks for the update TT

I like the rest am still awaiting the outcome

I have also learned to have patience when it come to anything to do with Hearts

Believe

Still on the vlad rollercoaster

Archived