why can't people leave mobile phones alone for 90 mins

trex

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as they are in their seats, and not slowly sauntering in late, and leaving their seat every twenty minutes or so, and then saunter out early, stopping when something happens, blocking my view, then they can play with their phone as much as they want.

concerts are the worst !!! loads of people holding their phone up recording the gig all you can see is hundreds of bloody screens lit up

:spoton:

e2896da0e23580225de58a1bac9f6fd5.jpg

I had a wee rant on the Gorgie stand thread about this.

It's not really that difficult to see why there is less atmosphere at the matches nowadays. The ironic thing it will be the phone users doing most of the complaining about no atmosphere.

Try cheering on your team instead of worrying about other scores.

I don't know why this is so annoying to everyone, and by God it is! There were two young lassies sat in front of me and they never stopped looking at their phones from before the ko to final whistle. It's like people spend more time documenting their lives these days than actually living it.

A steward wanted a guy to stop using his phone as he was "filming" the match.

If you think about it it's not that surprising.

Try going to the Theatre and filming a show. You will get told to stop and if you persist you will get chucked out.

There used to be bit in the small print of football match tickets saying photography of any kind was not allowed.

If you think about it it's not that surprising.

Try going to the Theatre and filming a show. You will get told to stop and if you persist you will get chucked out.

There used to be bit in the small print of football match tickets saying photography of any kind was not allowed.

I think it depended on the lens. Zoom lenses were not allowed, but some others were, or rather they weren't ruled out.

The trouble now is, it is hard to tell the difference.

Johnny Sandiego

A steward wanted a guy to stop using his phone as he was "filming" the match.

Was that in the Gorgie up the back? If so the Steward had his wires crossed as the boy was watching some sort of highlights video and definately not filming the match.

I am 47 and so grew up without mobile phones. However, I have to confess that pretty much everywhere I go I will check online every half hour or so, be that on a night out, in a bar, out for a meal etc etc. The one place I dont do it is at Tynecastle. Well, not until half time :) 

Out of interest, why does it bother you what others do? Did it hamper your view of the game or your enjoyment of the fine football on display?

I took a mate to his first ever match on Saturday and he, for reasons that are nobody else's business, spent a fair bit of time texting during the match. It might be hard to understand, but some people have other things going on in their lives that may require a bit of attention during a football match.

To quote that well used phrase on here, you pays your money and can do as you please.

But too many people start texting whilst going down the stairs. That is dangerous and should be stopped.

To quote that well used phrase on here, you pays your money and can do as you please.

But too many people start texting whilst going down the stairs. That is dangerous and should be stopped.

Correct!

Just don't come on here after the game moaning about lack of atmosphere at the game.

husref musemic

Can I throw in the mix folk with bairns playing Thomas the tank etc at max volume for the full game on a tablet. Hugely irritating.

I sit next to two old guys. Edinburgh answer to Jack and Victor... They spend the entire game ripping the piss out each other, a random in the crowd and invariably pick am opposition player and call him for everything. In between this they turn every 10 mins to me 'son' what's the x v x score. No matter the score one will turn to the other and say tell ye they were shite or words to that effect. I put up with it as they re often more entertaining than the game but I have to have a fully charge phone for their coupons alone!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Can I throw in the mix folk with bairns playing Thomas the tank etc at max volume for the full game on a tablet. Hugely irritating.

That's absolutely brutal, I'd definitely complain about that.

concerts are the worst !!! loads of people holding their phone up recording the gig all you can see is hundreds of bloody screens lit up

I was at one gig where someone was using their iPad to record it.

Counted the seconds until the inevitable happened... it got hit by a coin!

Not sure why this would bother anyone. Best to just let folk get on with it if it doesn't impact on yourself.

Edit: The Thomas the Tankengine shit would be nippy likes.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Buy a jamming device and every time you see them on their phone get the jammer out.

Ha ha, then the next topic on here would be about how someone spent the whole game with their jamming device out. If someone wants to spend the whole game playing around with their mobile then that's the choice they have and as long as it doesn't block anyone's view and they have paid the entrance fee then who really cares.

There is something about those smartphones that is getting people hooked on them. Apart from not being able to put them down when supposed to be enjoying a live event you see folk walking along busy streets staring at their screens. Even when doing potentially dangerous things like crossing the road or going downstairs on the bus. The fact that it is illegal to text or use a handset when driving seems to be no deterrent to some. Then there is the crashing bores talking incessantly on their phones during a bus journey or even worse on a long train journey. Finally and by no means least the fecking eejit behind me at the football who seems to think he works for the SKY SPORTS such is the detail he goes into about every blinkin match up and down the land.

There is something about those smartphones that is getting people hooked on them. Apart from not being able to put them down when supposed to be enjoying a live event you see folk walking along busy streets staring at their screens. Even when doing potentially dangerous things like crossing the road or going downstairs on the bus. The fact that it is illegal to text or use a handset when driving seems to be no deterrent to some. Then there is the crashing bores talking incessantly on their phones during a bus journey or even worse on a long train journey. Finally and by no means least the fecking eejit behind me at the football who seems to think he works for the SKY SPORTS such is the detail he goes into about every blinkin match up and down the land.

There was a geezer on the radio a while back who used some kind of insulator in his pub which meant there was no phone reception in his pub.

I liked the cut of his jib....if you want to come into my pub, your phone won't work.

I've never understood why people go to concerts and stand there filming the whole thing, just so that three people can watch some tinny, shakey footage on Facebook later on.

Go to the concert, take in the music and keep your stupid bloody phone in your pocket.

williamgerrard

i sit gorgie lower use my phone alot to grass people up lol nah use it to check my coupons and if people dont like it well tough luck i pay my money to watch my team play attractive football but lately we are so boring

Psychedelicropcircle

I was at the match on Saturday and the guy in front off me spent more time playing with his phone than watching the entertainment on the pitch.I remember the good old days when you went to watch football.

Just leave you're phones in you're pockets please.

Or **** off to Starbucks where you get free wifi. Other than checking scores at half time is unacceptable.

i sit gorgie lower use my phone alot to grass people up lol nah use it to check my coupons and if people dont like it well tough luck i pay my money to watch my team play attractive football but lately we are so boring

Tynecastle games

Celtic game we lost but it was an exciting game.

Inverness we played brilliant scored 5 goals lots of action.

Hamilton scored 3 goals lots of near things.

Ross County not as good admittedly but we had our chances and there was lots of niggle to get excited about. 

I think you need to take your face out of your phone and watch the match.  Of course its up to you but if folk like you would show a bit of passion we wouldn't be complaining about a quiet atmosphere at the games.

williamgerrard

Tynecastle games

Celtic game we lost but it was an exciting game.

Inverness we played brilliant scored 5 goals lots of action.

Hamilton scored 3 goals lots of near things.

Ross County not as good admittedly but we had our chances and there was lots of niggle to get excited about.

I think you need to take your face out of your phone and watch the match. Of course its up to you but if folk like you would show a bit of passion we wouldn't be complaining about a quiet atmosphere at the games.

but off coarse im just trolling lol

Sorry, but in classic Kickback style, the lack of atmosphere at Tynecastle lately is down to phone usage ?

Beam me up, Scotty !

Partly yes. That and the fact folk seem to want everything done for them nowadays. Some are even attempting to blame Ann Budge for the lack of atmosphere.

seems unless they are allowed to hurl sectarian abuse they are unable to create an atmosphere.

Rather than complain to the club or FOH about heavy handed and unfair stewarding at the matches they prefer to log onto an internet forum and bore everyone to tears about Mrs Budge being a spoilsport and how unfair it all is blah blah blah.

Whatever the reason, phones or otherwise there is only one group of people responsible for the games being quiet and that is the fans.

They cant even use the excuse about boring football because up until Saturday we have been well entertained this season. Even on Saturday there was plenty happening which should have got people off their seats even if just to shout at the referee. 

...a bit disco

Not sure why this would bother anyone. Best to just let folk get on with it if it doesn't impact on yourself.

Edit: The Thomas the Tankengine shit would be nippy likes.

Says the man with the Waybuloo theme tune as his ringtone.

Psychedelicropcircle

I remember the st lye doon game in 2012 where we had to sell out Tynie. I sat in the tourist stand (roseburn) and it was full of families with iPads the lot. Raging.

I remember the st lye doon game in 2012 where we had to sell out Tynie. I sat in the tourist stand (roseburn) and it was full of families with iPads the lot. Raging.

There was a strange atmosphere that day. Aye, it was good that everyone turned up but it felt like an open day !

I don't remember being raging mind !

Says the man with the Waybuloo theme tune as his ringtone.

:D

It's all about the Twirlywoos now man. Get with the script.

Sounds Australian.

Where's Geoff with his pearls of wisdom?

Sounds Australian.

Where's Geoff with his pearls of wisdom?

Christ don't say that name another twice! The dark angel of tedium will descend from on high. :(

...a bit disco

The drugs don't work.

They just make you worse.

twirlywoos_onward_journey.png

The drugs don't work.

They just make you worse.

twirlywoos_onward_journey.png

Beats the bloody night garden to be fair. Way too much xenophobia in the night garden. :(

Was that in the Gorgie up the back? If so the Steward had his wires crossed as the boy was watching some sort of highlights video and definately not filming the match.

Very understandable in that case that the steward thought he was recording the game.

Archived