Gorgie stand today

HamishMcGonagall

I actually agree.

It's just that Celtic can manage a better atmosphere with half a ground against Alloa than we manage all season.

That's the problem, times move forward and we've been left miles behind.

We have been left behind as atmosphere & noise is a massive part of the 'match day experience' If this & results don't improve we will have a half empty stadium as well as no noise. Another thing I've noticed is that hospitality numbers appear to have fallen off a cliff, what's happened there?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At times when the play is quiet I look around and people are just sitting back in their seat like they are at the cinema. I see no passion for it, no reaction to bad play or good play, no frustration and no willingness to back the team and help inspire them. There are many customers in the stadium now but not enough fans who will sing when we are not winning and back the team irrespective of what is happening on thr pitch. Ive got two women behind me in the gorgie who talk non stop through the game about everything apart from the team they are meant to be supporting. Im not a serial ranter by any means but I do like to vocalise my support and frustration at times but i find myself stopping myself from showing any passion as those around me are so quiet.

At times when the play is quiet I look around and people are just sitting back in their seat like they are at the cinema. I see no passion for it, no reaction to bad play or good play, no frustration and no willingness to back the team and help inspire them. There are many customers in the stadium now but not enough fans who will sing when we are not winning and back the team irrespective of what is happening on thr pitch. Ive got two women behind me in the gorgie who talk non stop through the game about everything apart from the team they are meant to be supporting. Im not a serial ranter by any means but I do like to vocalise my support and frustration at times but i find myself stopping myself from showing any passion as those around me are so quiet.

It's a common problem around the stadium, that's why we need to get people like yourself & others that want to encourage the team when things are flat in the one section & that should be the Gorgie Road end once the new stand is built. If we don't take the opportunity to move like minded people into the one area Tynecastle will continue to have a dire atmosphere.

"Auld Budgie", with help from us, saved our club.

Calm the feck down!

So let's emphasise the "us" part of that statement!

The atmosphere has long been dire but at least there were pockets of the ground you could cut loose a bit. That is being eroded.

Still, if it.is applied fairly to away fans...yeah right, who are we kidding??

Still, if it.is applied fairly to away fans...yeah right, who are we kidding??

That's the bit that annoys me. The old firm get to come to our ground and do as they please.

Utd fan jumps over the barrier to attack hearts fan/steward yet we get the blame from hearts in a statement.

Hearts fans get attacked twice outside the stadium due to busses letting. Off fans on gorgie road due to running late, yet it's jambos who get a slap on the wrist from our own club.

A statement is made before the season starts telling people to behave.

Stewards are put up the back of G despite the only problem in the area for the last 5 seasons is the young ones who came up without seats and sat all over the shop and on stairs, a problem that the club failed to deal with and not the fault of the fans who pay good cash to sit in that area.

I love what budge et al are trying to do off the park, but they keep talking about the match day experience, they are slowly killing my one for me anyway.

Grandma Budge will soon have her way. Lots of face painting going on, Happy Hearty or whatever that thing's called, roaming around, applause for opposition teams, no swearing. In fact. No large male only groups in the stadium at all. Banning orders for unruly behaviour, as defined by the club. No standing. etc.

Meanwhile. Celtic combat the Green Brigade by giving then their own standing section, unstewarded.

I've posted for sometime about Grandma, her treatment of Hearts fans and love of statements about our behaviour. This was hardly Millwall to begin with. But we've always had a great Tynie atmosphere. And we had euphoria and togetherness coming up. Now we're a sanitised, quiet bunch with infighting online.

I went to football to be entertained on the park. Not happening. And to let loose a bit, within reason. Not to have my face painted and buy a Hearts hot dog.

Budge has done her bit. Time to retire her to the Morningside tea and scone cafes and read The Guardian in peace.

I don't care about "getting our house in order first before we have a go at away fans". Any statement regarding our fans should be ignored until the club can prove the principles are bein applied to ALL fans, home AND away.

Good effort from the group sitting in the hospitality seats there today (stag do? Saw one with a crown or something on?) Wish they were there every game.

Some old favourites gettin sang. Well done whoever you are

32 of them from West Lothian. There to remember a fellow fan who passed away three years ago. They go every year. 

County fans were silent too.

We were noisy during goal attempts (especially when we broke with 3v2 in the first half) and during crazy ref decisions. Just no singing because there wasn't much to sing about... (though hospitality were trying)

New stand will mean folk are more likely to move seats. Opportunity for Hearts to make a proper singing section somewhere in the ground (not a small youth team).

HamishMcGonagall

32 of them from West Lothian. There to remember a fellow fan who passed away three years ago. They go every year.

That's nice to hear, they done him proud!

It's gone too far now. Casual homophobia, racism and bigotry have rightfully no place at a football ground or anywhere else for that matter. This is a problem in our society, it is not unique to football. The problem football faces is some people think it is more acceptable to behave in this manner because they are at the football. This should rightfully be stamped out and there is no doubt this has vastly improved in my experience at Tynecastle.

What I don't agree with is the feeling that we are all guilty for simply attending a football match. In section G we now have stewards sitting right next to us. The fact that we had one of these stewards aggressively telling a Hearts fan to "watch it" and then actively look to throw him out the ground when he got the deserved response, is pathetic. All because two passionate Hearts fans had a disagreement and sorted it out between themselves in two minutes before the Steward interfered. He then gave the stand the finger as he was running down to find his supervisor.

This whole episode resulted in most of us missing the last 15 mins of the games as more stewards came up to get the 'guilty' hearts fan. I had no idea county had a man sent off. They were then insistent that around five of them would stand on the steps with the original steward back in his seat looking rather smug. Thankfully most of the fans got the stewards told and they eventually left.

All in all, it's all very boring and a sad day when we are talking about stewarding and not what's on the pitch. You would never think that we had paid to watch a game the way the stewards were behaving towards us.

...a bit disco

'He said: ?Some of the fans were saying some unpleasant things to me. I had just been knocked out so I wanted to let them know I was disappointed with some of the comments.

?But that?s fans for you. They don?t have any feelings for players whatsoever.'

:sob:

Maybe if he didn't take so long leaving the pitch he might have had a more sympathetic response from us big, bad Hearts fans.

Anyway, his Ass Manager wasn't exactly sympathetic when Rherras was wiped out.

i happened to get a wee bit angry around an hour in and spotted one or two funny looks around me.

Football's knackered now mate. People that were in it for what's on the park, what the game is all about are slowly being phased out.

It's all about the "match day experience" now....whatever the feck that is?

I can confirm Debut was indeed an angry man at times yesterday and rightly so

Atmosphere has been shit for years but it's worse now. Auld Budgie has turned us into a pussy of a club.

Auld Budge saved this club.

Must have been at least 1000 empty seats scattered around. Unreal the number of people who can't be arsed telling the ticket office that they can re-sell their seat.

Someone I know tried to. No one answered the phone...

Auld Budge saved this club.

What about all the FoH contributors, or even those who donated on here, including myself. Worthless eh?

This attitude stinks.

Atmosphere has been shit for years but it's worse now. Auld Budgie has turned us into a pussy of a club.

Nah, I think people now just use that as an excuse for not participating. It's an easy one.

I'm yet to meet anyone who doesn't sing songs because our owner made a statement or two about cruddy behaviour. I don't believe they exist either. It's just one of those things that people throw out when this conversation comes up, it doesn't really make any sort of sense.

Doctor FinnBarr

Geordie perchance?

Holyrood_Hearts

Blaming Budge for the shite atmosphere

:cornette:

Exactly. Some people are desperate to blame her for everything.

He got an applause from home fans when he finally got to his feet as it was bad knock. It was when he was back on his feet and time wasting (walking with the medics slowly across the pitch instead of the two feet to the goal line) that folk were rightly voicing their displeasure.

The entire game had been stop/start with County taking ages on free kicks, goal kicks etc.

He got an applause from home fans when he finally got to his feet as it was bad knock. It was when he was back on his feet and time wasting (walking with the medics slowly across the pitch instead of the two feet to the goal line) that folk were rightly voicing their displeasure.

The entire game had been stop/start with County taking ages on free kicks, goal kicks etc.

Correct.

You know who is to blame for any lack of atmosphere= US THE FANS

Most don't even cheer never mind sing not even a token C'MON THE HEARTS from most of them. Too bloody interested in checking the scores from other grounds.

Some even sitting with their earphones in listening to Open All Mics or some other equivalent. Or posting on JKB about what a crap atmosphere yada yada.

Just for the record I don't think Hearts fans are alone in this behaviour. It just seems to be modern day phenomenon among football fans.

I agree about the stewards though. We just don't need as many of them I think some are just bored and acting above themselves as a result. 

If fans are feeling intimidated by the stewards over zealousness the club should be told . This precious matchday experience that the modern day football club likes to promote is being spoiled by jobsworths. Speak up contact FOH as well as the club if need be.

Grandma Budge will soon have her way. Lots of face painting going on, Happy Hearty or whatever that thing's called, roaming around, applause for opposition teams, no swearing. In fact. No large male only groups in the stadium at all. Banning orders for unruly behaviour, as defined by the club. No standing. etc.

Meanwhile. Celtic combat the Green Brigade by giving then their own standing section, unstewarded.

I've posted for sometime about Grandma, her treatment of Hearts fans and love of statements about our behaviour. This was hardly Millwall to begin with. But we've always had a great Tynie atmosphere. And we had euphoria and togetherness coming up. Now we're a sanitised, quiet bunch with infighting online.

I went to football to be entertained on the park. Not happening. And to let loose a bit, within reason. Not to have my face painted and buy a Hearts hot dog.

Budge has done her bit. Time to retire her to the Morningside tea and scone cafes and read The Guardian in peace.

So you are blaming Anne Budge for the lack of atmosphere? I don't recall her ever asking us not to sing and get behind the team. That's what missing these days, and it is nothing to do with Anne Budge.

You know the answer is in the very first post don't you ?

They were  on the piss !

Get everyone mortal and the place will be a madhouse !

Tell what was so different about the atmosphere at a Hearts v Ross County match from a few years ago from what it was on Saturday ?

Or any other match for that matter.

Tell what was so different about the atmosphere at a Hearts v Ross County match from a few years ago from what it was on Saturday ?

I thought it was a fairly normal atmosphere for a run of the mill 0-0 draw.

Not sure what folk are expecting tbh.

Some people are using any old excuse to have a go at Ann Budge for some reason.Probably because they have an agenda. There is only one group of people responsible if the atmosphere is lacking.

The difference is us lagging behind Celtic/Rangers/Hibs/St Johnstone/Aberdeen/Motherwell for atmosphere at these games. They have adapted and moved with the times in terms of atmosphere. We have not, or when it was attempted it was shot down at the very least.

The difference is us lagging behind Celtic/Rangers/Hibs/St Johnstone/Aberdeen/Motherwell for atmosphere at these games. They have adapted and moved with the times in terms of atmosphere. We have not, or when it was attempted it was shot down at the very least.

2 of the teams you've mentions (StJ and Well) have half a dozen silly wee laddies making twats of themselves 

2 of them (bigot twins) rely on sectarian chants from a bunch of knuckle dragging thugs

the sheep sit in virtual silence apart from the odd "hilarious" stunt such as their minutes applause.

the hobos, well they barely have enough fans at most of their games to create any sort of atmosphere.

If that is "moving with the times" then I'd rather we stayed where we are thanks

Dr Ian Malcolm

Poor, not really significant game against one of the smaller teams = zero to little atmosphere.

Derby/Aberdeen/Old Firm/game of importance = normally excellent atmosphere.

It's always been this way - fans react to the circumstances. To suggest we previously forced wonderful atmospheres regardless is nonsense.

Jambo, Goodbye

Maybe if we could sing the hearts song, among others, at normal speed, it could help.

Things bloody over before anyone can proper join in.

Say what you like hibs support always had the better singers we just have to accept we are quieter its the way its always been

Stick to designing underwear Gio, your statement here is pants!

So you are blaming Anne Budge for the lack of atmosphere? I don't recall her ever asking us not to sing and get behind the team. That's what missing these days, and it is nothing to do with Anne Budge.

ignore him, just another troll.

...a bit disco

Say what you like hibs support always had the better singers we just have to accept we are quieter its the way its always been

'Clap-Clap,clap clap-clap, clap-clap-clap clap hibs' does not add up to 'better singers' as you put it.

The normal atmosphere at Vermin Central is no better (if not worse) than ours.

Son Of Anarchy

:rofl:

It's Ann. Not Anne.

And yes I'm saying she's a big factor. Quickest owner I've seen in football to go after her own fans. For very little.

Just look at the stories on here. Don't you think this direction comes from above?

The tone she is setting leads to a nervousness amongst fans in their behaviour coupled with over zealous stewarding and media releases from the club. Who wants to be the next Magennis guy?

When I think of our club being saved from oblivion. I think of our own fans. Not Ann. We're not her plaything. She needs to calm right the F down.

And to the guy who called me a troll. Really? Being a fan doesn't mean being blindly obedient and happy.

We_are_the_Hearts

I assume that is a rhyming slang username? You are either a troll or very young.

The club should do what Scotland do at Hampden and only sell children's tickets in one area of the ground, say the family stand.

Would vastly improve the atmosphere not having kids dotted all around the ground.

Poor, not really significant game against one of the smaller teams = zero to little atmosphere.

Derby/Aberdeen/Old Firm/game of importance = normally excellent atmosphere.

It's always been this way - fans react to the circumstances. To suggest we previously forced wonderful atmospheres regardless is nonsense.

There may be an atmosphere at the big games but 70% of the time it's not coming from the home end.

It's Ann. Not Anne.

And yes I'm saying she's a big factor. Quickest owner I've seen in football to go after her own fans. For very little.

Just look at the stories on here. Don't you think this direction comes from above?

The tone she is setting leads to a nervousness amongst fans in their behaviour coupled with over zealous stewarding and media releases from the club. Who wants to be the next Magennis guy?

When I think of our club being saved from oblivion. I think of our own fans. Not Ann. We're not her plaything. She needs to calm right the F down.

And to the guy who called me a troll. Really? Being a fan doesn't mean being blindly obedient and happy.

I've heard some pish in my time...

There's no atmosphere because the fans are "nervous" due to a couple of statements from the club asking fans not to behave like arseholes  ?????

You really need to read over what you've written sometimes before you post it.

And FYI I'm not "blindly obedient and happy"  

Archived