• Portugal
    • Romania
    • Russia
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • Turkey

chester copperpot

Who's your favoured choice, and why. Not who you think will win, more who you want to win and why?

Me, I want Spain to win. Reason's being I always back Spain, underachievers like another team I like, and they have Fernando Torres.

Over to you's.

Sergio Garcia

Czech Republic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No real reason why, but dont want any of the big teams to win and out of the outsiders those are the only ones i really want to do well!!!!!!!!!

In the past I'd have said Portugal but Ronaldo's such a ******, so I think I'd agree with Spain. They should have won a major tournament before now.

chester copperpot
In the past I'd have said Portugal but Ronaldo's such a ******, so I think I'd agree with Spain. They should have won a major tournament before now.

Any chance some nice Mod can help me out with a poll. I tried posting the 16 teams, didn't like it on my computer for some reason.:sad:

The Old Tolbooth

Czech Republic for me, not sure why I support them in every tourney that Scotland aint in, but I do.

The Old Tolbooth
Any chance some nice Mod can help me out with a poll. I tried posting the 16 teams, didn't like it on my computer for some reason.:sad:

Ha ha ha! You messed it up ya **** :D

How did your bet get on mate :whistling:

:lolpoint:betting-tickets-from-Epsom-Derby-June2001-Epsom-England-1-DHD.jpg

Greece.

Purely as it would get up the noses' of their numerous crtitics.

But as long as France don't win it I don't mind. With England absent, France have become my " anyone but them " team. With arrogant French pains like Wenger and Platini replacing arrogant English pains like ( take your pick ) justifying my decision.

Gerd Muller

Spain for me as I have family over there.

I want Croatia to win it if its not Spain.

maltese jambo
Portugal, Ronaldo's a joy to watch :)

Is that the 75% of time when he's on his arse or 25% when he's pulling faces like he's about to take a major sheiete?;)

I T A L I A ... ... I T A L I A ... ... I T A L I A

Since the moderators are probably ignoring you :P I thought I'd try to help.

Howzat? ;)

Always had a soft spot for Spain, supported them at nearly ever major only to be let down.

Hopefully they won't underachieve again.

Francis Albert

Italy. The combination of genius and utility, or skill and professionalism, or some such. And Roberto Baggio, my favourite non-Hearts player.

Spain for me if not them then Greece. No prizes for guessing my favourite holiday destinations.

jambo walesy

Greece for me.

Was over there last year and all the people were very friendly and welcoming, also i noticed how passionate some of their fans were when it came to even u21 games and i thought that was good to see.

If not Greece then Spain.

Say What Again

Wanted Spain to win - and backed them to win a few weeks ago.

Then when we went to Manchester for the Ricky Hatton fight and there are Spain flags outside a lot of the boozers - apparently because Sky want England to get behind Spain. :mad:

I've got Croatia in the sweep, but they'll (BBC/Sky) just say 'We got knocked out by the winners'.

So. What would hurt 'them'?

'Mon the Germans!

I'm not really all that fussed as long as France don't win it. They can stuff their Auld Alliances and Entente Cordiales up their whiny bums, and Domenech is a complete trumpet.

So, if I had to pick I'd probably go for Romania simply because I was over there earlier in the year and they're quite an interesting bunch...or the Czech Republic. Would have included Croatia in that - Bilic is brilliant - but I can't stand their strip.

magalufhearts

just won 1115 quid on a 100 quid bet with Portugal, Czech, Croatia and Germany Totally Delighted

magalufhearts

DEFO want Espana to win, my adopted homeland and also for Ruben Palazuelos!!

Spain. Either them or the underdogs. Usually back the teams that aren't expected to well eg. Greece and Latvia in Euro 04.

Say What Again
just won 1115 quid on a 100 quid bet with Portugal, Czech, Croatia and Germany Totally Delighted

I paid my ?1 in to my mates laddies football teams funds. Predict the scores to win ?5 (or something like that).

Just been told I'm leading so far - with the correct result in all 4 games. :mad:

I'm not really all that fussed as long as France don't win it. They can stuff their Auld Alliances and Entente Cordiales up their whiny bums, and Domenech is a complete trumpet.

So, if I had to pick I'd probably go for Romania simply because I was over there earlier in the year and they're quite an interesting bunch...or the Czech Republic. Would have included Croatia in that - Bilic is brilliant - but I can't stand their strip.

he seems like a top bloke. I like him too and seems to know what hes on about.

voted Austria myself, just because I've been there- nice country. I've been to some of the others as well but it's less likely austria will win, thought they deserved a vote.

Corstojohn
Always had a soft spot for Spain, supported them at nearly ever major only to be let down.

Hopefully they won't underachieve again.

I am with you on this one. Have backed them to the tune of ?100. At 5-1 not very good odds but will be quite happy if it comes up.

Haha i was having this very discussion with a fellow KB'r last night.....

I think Portugal will win it.

As far as who i WANT to win it goes..... I dont really have any reason to 'support' any other country so i'm not in the slightest bit bothered. I cant even go with a "whoever's playing england" option this time!!

If i was really pushed for an answer, i'd say France..... I dont know what my reasons are though!!

Has to be the Czechs

Did alot of Czech History at Uni.... the place is amazing, the best beer in the world and anyone has got an Easy Jet flight over to Prague will tell you the ladies are rather nice :o)

http://scotsport.podbean.com

yvonnejambo

Always Portugal for me. I do like Italy and Czech Republic. Only team I dont like is Spain.

Still must say I'm enjoying this cup much more without England being shoved down your throat in every game

Ron Burgundy

Austria or Switzerland.

Deffo not Spain.Backward people who still enjoy torturing animals as one of their country's favourite pastimes.

chester copperpot
France as I bet on them, but from a centimental point of view - Spain.

Spain will win this year. They looked barry the night.

Archived