Virus pages back again

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Isnt this based on your own searches Geoff ?

No but fair play for going with the obvious joke.

Isnt this based on your own searches Geoff ?

But I've never asked to Find a Muslim Wife?

Can those of you having problems please describe what's happening, when it's happening and if you're able, maybe provide a screen shot or two?

It would be useful if you could also tell us what browser you're using and if you're on main forum via browser, mobile or using third party app like Tapatalk etc . [emoji106]

Geoff Kilpatrick

Can those of you having problems please describe what's happening, when it's happening and if you're able, maybe provide a screen shot or two?

It would be useful if you could also tell us what browser you're using and if you're on main forum via browser, mobile or using third party app like Tapatalk etc . [emoji106]

Happening on Android Mobile. Pop up to say you've won an iPhone; just click here.

More info, please

You know, the usual things - trainers, Boots the chemist ( remember, I live in France and need my beauty products), mail order spices, dolls, flights, dolls, Booking.com, dolls etc etc.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Could you pls screenshot it if you get the chance?

I've cleared all browsing history so hopefully it's disappeared.

luckyBatistuta

You know, the usual things - trainers, Boots the chemist ( remember, I live in France and need my beauty products), mail order spices, dolls, flights, dolls, Booking.com, dolls etc etc.

Aye ok :wink:

Is this just on android, because I'm not getting it on my iPad.

But I've never asked to Find a Muslim Wife?

Is it not loosely based on your searches not exact.

It seems to think you want your hole.

:scenes:

Aye ok :wink:

Is this just on android, because I'm not getting it on my iPad.

No, it's on my iPad.

Dolls are great.

luckyBatistuta

No, it's on my iPad.

Dolls are great.

All I'm getting is

New e-book at the top of the page

and

Discover PalmSecure at the bottom of the page

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

But I've never asked to Find a Muslim Wife?

Did it really say "Find"?

Rudolf's Mate

Happening on Android Mobile. Pop up to say you've won an iPhone; just click here.

Get an iPhone then. I never get issues with pop ups.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Hi Admins, please stop the dodgy pop-up pages. Cheers.

Funnily enough I got one of these around the time you posted this. Just like when the previous poster complained about it. Not seen it other than these times so I doubt it's anything to go with Internet history.

Funnily enough I got one of these around the time you posted this. Just like when the previous poster complained about it. Not seen it other than these times so I doubt it's anything to go with Internet history.

Are you also using the mobile site on Android?

Whenever I do a search for tools that do boring (I'm a DIY fan) threads from the same poster, time after time, pop up when I log in here.

Don't understand it.

Captain Price

Clicked on a thread link and redirected me to a misguided gift card...

On iPhone mobile site.

Redirected to a Primark gift card site. Feel a bit let down I was only deemed worthy of a Primark gift card :lol:

On Microsoft mobile -internet explorer.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Whenever I do a search for tools that do boring (I'm a DIY fan) threads from the same poster, time after time, pop up when I log in here.

Don't understand it.

Happens to me when I check the Watch thread, loads of watch pop ups.

Disappointed when I check the Tit Monday thread though, nothing !

Happens to me when I check the Watch thread, loads of watch pop ups.

Disappointed when I check the Tit Monday thread though, nothing !

Are you definitely getting actual pop ups or do you just mean the standard banner adverts on the forum?

Don't understand it.

I'm not sure what you mean....

Are you searching the forum or are you using Google or similar? I can't imagine how forum threads would become pop ups [emoji53]

Pop up ads tend to dominate your browser in some way, and sometime even disable the page you're on until you clear them. Like a top layer ad that covers the page you're trying to look at.

I'm not sure what you mean....

Are you searching the forum or are you using Google or similar? I can't imagine how forum threads would become pop ups [emoji53]

Pop up ads tend to dominate your browser in some way, and sometime even disable the page you're on until you clear them. Like a top layer ad that covers the page you're trying to look at.

Whoosh...

Hi Admins, please stop the dodgy pop-up pages. Cheers.

Clear google after you browse the 'the most bizarre thing you have googled' thread on here and try again.

:jjyay:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Are you definitely getting actual pop ups or do you just mean the standard banner adverts on the forum?

Banner ads at the top and bottom. Probably cookies involved !

Banner ads at the top and bottom. Probably cookies involved !

The banner ads are supposed to be there. We've had them for years now. [emoji846]

Pop up ads are not supposed to be anywhere on the forum though. They're a whole different kettle of fish.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The banner ads are supposed to be there. We've had them for years now. [emoji846]

Pop up ads are not supposed to be anywhere on the forum though. They're a whole different kettle of fish.

No problem with them as I don't click on them purposefully but I have done by mistake due to fat fingers, ha ha !

Seems others are having problems so hope the pop up problem is sorted one way or another. Cheers .

The issue is that some of those ads are malicious and redirect the mobile browser. These ads are using Cross Site Scripting (XSS) to break out of their container.

I think the code the forum software uses to inject ads is not secure enough to filter out XSS attacks.

I posted more info on a similar thread a week ago.

Note that these ads redirect the mobile browser as soon as the page loads. There is no popups (at least not on Chrome mobile) and the user doesn't have to click on anything.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The issue is that some of those ads are malicious and redirect the mobile browser. These ads are using Cross Site Scripting (XSS) to break out of their container.

I think the code the forum software uses to inject ads is not secure enough to filter out XSS attacks.

Note that these ads redirect the mobile browser as soon as the page loads. There is no popups (at least not on Chrome mobile) and the user doesn't have to click on anything.

Exactly the experience. I will take your word on the cause.

That's really helpful, thank you :) None of the admin team have experienced this type of ad so we're reliant on info from those who have at the moment.

It would be extra helpful if those affected could grab a screenshot when it happens or tell us more about the ads on the page at the time. The more detail we have, the better.

Got my first pop up this morning offering me a tesco gift card and vibrating my device.

:oohmatron:

Morning pop-ups are the business :lol:

And when your device vibrates...well...

I just had these pages pop up randomly. Redirected me from a thread straight to it.

Using a Google Nexus 7 tablet and on the mobile site.

post-711-0-05745700-1473522831_thumb.png

post-711-0-12270900-1473522841_thumb.png

Archived