Virus pages back again

Geoff Kilpatrick

I was getting redirected on every thread I opened last night. On Android using chrome, mobile site.

Cleared my cache this morning and it seems to be OK.

Just had one for Tesco

Edit: In the terrace, on my windows phone.

Can't remember which topic.

I think we can see that the issue affects all mobile browsers that don't have adblocker plugins,regardless of operating system - windows mobile, android, and Apple IOS.

Can we patch the ad software this board uses or replace it with something more secure?

• 3 weeks later...

:spoton::verysmug:

You are probably using a browser with ad-blocker software.  If you use Chrome on the iPhone you'll get the same thing eventually.

Its a matter of time before websites lose their ad revenue because too many sites are using insecure ad software.

You are probably using a browser with ad-blocker software. If you use Chrome on the iPhone you'll get the same thing eventually.

Its a matter of time before websites lose their ad revenue because too many sites are using insecure ad software.

You seem to know why it's happening frank, can you tell me why it's intermittent?

Dean Winchester

You seem to know why it's happening frank, can you tell me why it's intermittent?

It depends on the ad that loads

Thought it was due to the ad provider?

The ad provider isn't doing their job properly in preventing malicious ads from redirecting the browser or executing scripts that could cause harm.

The technical reason is that the ad software injects scripts into the forum to run the adverts, and these scripts should be escaping the content from the third-party adverts but have security bugs that let malicous adverts take advantage.

The ad provider is probably using cookies to try and serve adverts that claim to be relevant to sites the user has been in.  These adverts could be put up by hackers using stolen credit card details so it really has to be the responsibility of the ad providers to lock these things out.

The ad provider isn't doing their job properly in preventing malicious ads from redirecting the browser or executing scripts that could cause harm.

The technical reason is that the ad software injects scripts into the forum to run the adverts, and these scripts should be escaping the content from the third-party adverts but have security bugs that let malicous adverts take advantage.

The ad provider is probably using cookies to try and serve adverts that claim to be relevant to sites the user has been in. These adverts could be put up by hackers using stolen credit card details so it really has to be the responsibility of the ad providers to lock these things out.

Cheers

I've not had this whist on kickback but I have had it on other sites. I just clear my safari and browsing history. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Archived