Tynecastle's Deaf CCTV Cameras

JohnB

King Of The Cat Cafe

Funnily enough, at the Celtic game I thought the pre-match music was louder than usual and wondered if Scott Wilson had turned up the volume to drown out the 'singing' by the away fans.

How is it pointless? :unsure:

A statement to tell us that our cameras are industry standard and we're not happy with the Herald?

No need imo.

A statement to tell us that our cameras are industry standard and we're not happy with the Herald?

No need imo.

It's perfectly common and reasonable (and pretty much standard procedure) for statements to be used to correct misrepresentation, and especially misrepresentation affecting perception of professionalism and security at the club.

From a fans' perspective it's surely of interest too, especially when we spend as much time as we do discussing what the club are/aren't able/prepared to do in terms of pulling up visiting weedgies etc.

When I read the Herald article this morning my first thought was to wonder if or why we didn't have sound, when the suggestion seemed to be that absence of sound recording was unusual. I shall now wonder no more [emoji846]

It's perfectly common and reasonable (and pretty much standard procedure) for statements to be used to correct misrepresentation, and especially misrepresentation affecting perception of professionalism and security at the club.

From a fans' perspective it's surely of interest too, especially when we spend as much time as we do discussing what the club are/aren't able/prepared to do in terms of pulling up visiting weedgies etc.

When I read the Herald article this morning my first thought was to wonder if or why we didn't have sound, when the suggestion seemed to be that absence of sound recording was unusual. I shall now wonder no more [emoji846]

:spoton:

Second paragraph especially.

It reads to me that Police Scotland have instigated this investigation themselves....

If so this could be a first !

Definitely. It 100% feels like there is a lot more going on in the background at the moment with regards this sort of thing.

We better watch out when we go through there.

Our away support songbook has been commented on/criticised before.

One word out of place and all hell will break loose.

I really hope Ann has an end game when it comes to all this non sense. I hope she is building up to something. I totally understand the thought process of getting in house tidied up first. We live in a society of what aboutary and we all know if we challenged the old firm behaviour etc we'd be hit with the previous bad behaviour of our own support. I get that she wants to be seen to be challenging our own fans to behave. However when are we gonna start to see some statements action taken against the old firm clubs? We've had the club captain of another club call one of our players a cheat. Had no apology or retraction etc. We've had countless incidents of bad behaviour from the old firm away fans. I really hope the club have a master plan and this is all part of the overall end game.

Son Of Anarchy

It reads to me that Police Scotland have instigated this investigation themselves....

If so this could be a first !

Very much so. Sure some will still blame Ann though.

Very much so. Sure some will still blame Ann though.

Naturally. The fact that anyone can possibly believe that she wants to go after Hearts fans and leave the OF fans to it boggles my mind. :lol:

Hearts are correct to issue the statement. The tone of the article strongly suggests that not having audio is unusual, an oversight, or even negligence by the club. Having audio on CCTV is extremely unusual and is only permitted in very unique circumstances.

Hearts are correct to issue the statement. The tone of the article strongly suggests that not having audio is unusual, an oversight, or even negligence by the club. Having audio on CCTV is extremely unusual and is only permitted in very unique circumstances.

Correct. There is no audio with any of the CCTV cameras at train stations or onboard trains. This still hasn't stopped convictions being obtained in court.

The club should just make it easier on its self and for the police and reduce Celtics allocation even further. It would be far easier for the police to pick out offenders and there would be absolutely no excuse for their inactivity on this.

The club should just make it easier on its self and for the police and reduce Celtics allocation even further. It would be far easier for the police to pick out offenders and there would be absolutely no excuse for their inactivity on this.

This x1000

Plenty of examples all over Europe of club fans being banned from grounds for behaviour.

The OF have for decades poisoned every ground in Scotland with their bile and behaviour. I don't mean a few casuals. But swathes of low life village idiots, peeing everywhere and intimidating women and kids.

If the non-OF chairmen / women all over Scotland truly put ethics before money they'd all get together and ban both sets of fans indefinitely from their grounds. Making every game for home ST holders only to avoid infiltration. That's the nuclear option this needs.

Yes they'd no doubt reciprocate. But then their fans would be attending home games all season with no away fans in attendance, and no away games to go to.

Anything short of this is feeling like lip service we've all heard before. What would it harm Hearts? A few thousand on 4 home games? Feels worth it. Give the empty seats to local school children.

I really hope Ann has an end game when it comes to all this non sense. I hope she is building up to something. I totally understand the thought process of getting in house tidied up first. We live in a society of what aboutary and we all know if we challenged the old firm behaviour etc we'd be hit with the previous bad behaviour of our own support. I get that she wants to be seen to be challenging our own fans to behave. However when are we gonna start to see some statements action taken against the old firm clubs? We've had the club captain of another club call one of our players a cheat. Had no apology or retraction etc. We've had countless incidents of bad behaviour from the old firm away fans. I really hope the club have a master plan and this is all part of the overall end game.

Her end game is to rid Scottish football of sectarianism, starting at home. What in the statement gives you the idea that it is anything else other than to keep the record strait while she does that. Non sense? Your at it.   

Her end game is to rid Scottish football of sectarianism, starting at home. What in the statement gives you the idea that it is anything else other than to keep the record strait while she does that. Non sense? Your at it.

The non sense I was talking about was the bigotry mate. Maybe I didn't make it very clear. I hope she has an end game to rid the Scottish game of all the bigotry non sense.

Absolutely this.

7d47259e8ade48f76e627ec27875c046.jpg

FoCUS camera's also record audio, all they do is turn & face the subject & record them. No need for TV audio. [emoji6]

FoCUS are a disgrace though, and the day I support their actions is when I pack it in.

I wouldnt be surprised if a celtic fan/fans have made a complaint to the police about hearts fans.

I saw a link on Facebook after the celtic game which included an email from a celtic fan to our head of security asking what action the club were taking re the 'assault' on sinclair by a hearts fan after his goal.

The email was replied to stating that the police were investigating and that the club would take further action if required.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

Let's fine the herald. How much can we get for misrepresentation and dragging the club and fans through the mud in the public .

Pay for Watt's transfer fee?

FoCUS are a disgrace though, and the day I support their actions is when I pack it in.

Who are they?

Why are they a disgrace?

Well, simply, if FoCUS targeted any group in society like they did football supporters then it would, rightfully, end in uproar.

I wouldnt be surprised if a celtic fan/fans have made a complaint to the police about hearts fans.

I saw a link on Facebook after the celtic game which included an email from a celtic fan to our head of security asking what action the club were taking re the 'assault' on sinclair by a hearts fan after his goal.

The email was replied to stating that the police were investigating and that the club would take further action if required.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Yep. They're collectively very good at gathering info, sharing it, complaining to relevant personnel or police and pestering the media. They're way more organised than pretty much any other club's supporters from what I've seen. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

We better watch out when we go through there.

Our away support songbook has been commented on/criticised before.

One word out of place and all hell will break loose.

have you been to any away games this season?

We_are_the_Hearts

have you been to any away games this season?

I've been at Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Partick and apart from the cringey Jock Stein song sung once at Partick the songs have been fine. Even though it took me the whole game to work out the lyrics to the Things can only get better song.  :2thumbsup:

The Treasurer

Well put, Redm

Love how its us that are criticised for it :D

Like Celtic only start their pish at tynecastle.

Why not ask why Celtic parks equipment doesn't have audio ?

jambo-in-furness

I've been proposing for ages that the away support section should be the same size for every visiting fans, Hamilton or Hibs, the erse cheeks, and all, fence it off to one section and if necessary keep them back for 20 minutes at full time.

Seymour M Hersh

No need imo.

And you would probably have been slating the club for not putting up a statement had they not done so.

See the next time that shower come to Tynie, we should just film the mutants ourselves and send the evidence to the police and media outlets.

And you would probably have been slating the club for not putting up a statement had they not done so.

Right. Good one.

Considering I said I didn't think it was warranted, I doubt I'd really have cared about them not saying anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived