Tynecastle's Deaf CCTV Cameras

JohnB

I didnt know CCTV cameras were used for audio?

You learn something new every day.

Not surprised at all that a Rangers minded journalist and paper taking 3 weeks to write an article a few days after significant sectarian chanting from Rangers fans and his club having just received their formal notice of complaint from the Scottish Cup aftermath.

Doesn't even say which club's fans are being investigated.

Although Ra IRA lovers on twitter assume it is us.

Please just GTF.

Both of them.

If they need witness statements .

Seriously though to identify those singing it and bring charges you need evidence.

The Spl do not .

If as happened in this game its clear that the majority of celtic supporters were singing IRA songs then points deduction is the way forward.

Will it ever happen.

Doubt it to much whataboutery.

Plus Celtic Rangers would have to agree preseason and some sort of panel prepicked.

As an aside the hearts support also sang a song which is banned.

"In yer glasgow slums"

I do wonder where this all leads.

All Hearts can do is try to stamp out any sectarian stuff in our support.

And in our stadium.

Cut allocation for future fixtures.

Tell the visiting bigots beforehand inform their clubs of the intention.

Let the cards fall as they may.

The responsibility lies with all of us to not sing these backward songs.

What about fan footage? Or audio from TV mics?

CCTV solution sounds like they want to go after the individuals. Just punish their team until they stop it with adoption of UEFA's Strict Liability.

If they need witness statements .

Seriously though to identify those singing it and bring charges you need evidence.

The Spl do not .

If as happened in this game its clear that the majority of celtic supporters were singing IRA songs then points deduction is the way forward.

Will it ever happen.

Doubt it to much whataboutery.

Plus Celtic Rangers would have to agree preseason and some sort of panel prepicked.

"In yer glasgow slums"

I do wonder where this all leads.

All Hearts can do is try to stamp out any sectarian stuff in our support.

And in our stadium.

Cut allocation for future fixtures.

Tell the visiting bigots beforehand inform their clubs of the intention.

Let the cards fall as they may.

The responsibility lies with all of us to not sing these backward songs.

Celtic and Rangers need to take responsibility for their own supporters and start to police this themselves. They do nothing to discourage the singing of these songs.

Neither club wants to upset their masses for fear of losing income. Both clubs are shameless imo.

As is suggested by someone in the comments section, the microphones on the TV cameras would have easily picked it up. Of course the BBC won't want to incriminate their OF pals and reap the whirlwind. One of the comments after the article (reproduced below) is a real eye-opener.

William Fergus 8:40am Thu 1 Sep 16

Only half the story being told here. The match observers report was exceedingly strong with his condemnation of the Sectarian singing from the Celtic fans but he was advised to "modify" it for his own good.

They were all informed that if anybody published this story then all press access for them and their employers would be withdrawn for all games at Celtic Park.

Let's see who the first journalist is who is brave enough to stand up to Mr Lawwell and Celtic FC.

loveofthegame

As is suggested by someone in the comments, the microphones on the TV cameras would have easily picked it up. Of course the BBC won't want to incriminate their OF pals and reap the whirlwind. One of the comments after the article(reproduced below) is a real eye-opener.

Only half the story being told here. The match observers report was exceedingly strong with his condemnation of the Sectarian singing from the Celtic fans but he was advised to "modify" it for his own good.

They were all informed that if anybody published this story then all press access for them and their employers would be withdrawn for all games at Celtic Park.

Let's see who the first journalist is who is brave enough to stand up to Mr Lawwell and Celtic FC.

This is why a local paper like the Evening News should stand up to Celtic and expose their fans for what they are (i.e. a paper that has no interest in going to Celtic Park).

"In yer glasgow slums"

This is banned? :muggy:

Just about every club in the UK sings it to their rivals.

We_are_the_Hearts

Banter is not allowed now incase it upsets some poor wee sensitive soul. We will soon be Robots

This is why a local paper like the Evening News should stand up to Celtic and expose their fans for what they are (i.e. a paper that has no interest in going to Celtic Park).

Johnson Press probably own half the local papers in Scotland and Northern Ireland.....they won't want to risk upsetting Celtic or Rangers.

The Treasurer

I wondered about that as well.

Don't think it fall under any sectarian/racist etc category but who knows in these easily offended times

We_are_the_Hearts

FTFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly it's not just football, it's world wide! Unless you are a comedian of course

We_are_the_Hearts

Police at the game surely heard it. Or maybe not reliable witnesses......

Yip, can murder someone in front of the Polis, just make sure it's not caught on camera

Concerned that the word "sectarian" has been used. Celtic dicks normally get away with all of their offensive songs by claiming it's not sectarian. Our dicks sing songs that are classed as sectarian.

Hopefully this is not the case, but it's always been what they have claimed when confronted.

A paper printed in Glasgow nowadays.

As is suggested by someone in the comments section, the microphones on the TV cameras would have easily picked it up. Of course the BBC won't want to incriminate their OF pals and reap the whirlwind. One of the comments after the article (reproduced below) is a real eye-opener.

If the above is true. Then it just proves what a spineless gutless media we have in this country.

Unfortunately the EN is a JP paper and JP can't afford to rile anybody as their papers are in a decline (due to being sh*te)

Jambof3tornado

What happened to the police using video evidence that they have filmed themselves?

Used to always see coppers with video cameras,why have they stopped?

Jambof3tornado

If the above is true. Then it just proves what a spineless gutless media we have in this country.

Who told the match observer to tone it down though?

And football authorities if the delegate's report has been changed.

Who told the match observer to tone it down though?

I should imagine someone from the GFA. We already know they are gutless and spineless.

Jambof3tornado

I should imagine someone from the GFA. We already know they are gutless and spineless.

Time for Queen Ann to step up and question both the match observers report and any subsequent adjustment.

I heard this right after the game that match observer had mentioned the singing in very very strong terms

bought my popcorn and waited ...... and waited ...... and waiting still 

"Policy are continuing to pour over footage"

Who writes this shite? Do newspapers not have sub-editors any more?!

"Policy are continuing to pour over footage"

Who writes this shite? Do newspapers not have sub-editors any more?!

Sub par editors.

Time for Queen Ann to step up and question both the match observers report and any subsequent adjustment.

She has dropped the ?Queen? from her moniker so as to not alienate any of her new pals from the East End of Glasgow 

It's early days for Ann Budge, but this is what I was hoping she would put right in our game.

I hope she is the breath of fresh air we all hope she is.

She has made it clear to our fans what is acceptable, in our stadium.

I hope through time she sorts out this horrible problem Scots have,especially the two @rse cheek weegie filth sides.

Why don't they ask for TV footage, we all hear it each time they play.

Jambof3tornado

She has dropped the ?Queen? from her moniker so as to not alienate any of her new pals from the East End of Glasgow

Lol.

Says the poluce are investigating complaints, abybody complain?

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

I heard it was Ann Budge.

I've heard (then again perhaps not) everything now. The saying goes "There are none so blind as those who will not see". This is obviously the auditory equivalent.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14715626.Sectarian_singing_probe_at_Hearts_v_Celtic_game_hindered_by_Tynecastle_no_audio_CCTV_cams/?ref=mrb&lp=1

The Herald conveniently fails to mention that the fans under investigation are CELTIC fans.

They went through their complete disgusting reportoire for 90 minutes - the SFA observer must have heard them FFS!

Poor excuse to avoid tackling a problem that the authorities are happy to turn a blind eye and a deaf lug too.

If fans were singing songs praising ISIS rather than IRA and UVF this would be tackled.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

We_are_the_Hearts

If we could just nuke Glasgow and it's surrounding areas then Scotland would be a great country. The wee cousins would then find something else to do.

Police and Stewards heard it loud and clear, yet stood on and watched with no action.

"its easier to throw one hearts fan out than all the away fans" always the story. SFA wont report it, media wont report it and authorities at the game do nothing about it. The issue will always be in our game so long as this continues

One interesting line from the Herald story:

BT Sport which was broadcasting last week's Kilmarnock versus Rangers match live has apologised after receiving complaints from viewers.

Maybe the only thing that might make the SPFL sit up and take notice of the problem would be risking losing the live TV deal - if people are starting to complain about being able to hear this crap on TV any time one of the OF are on (which is, let's face it, most weekends), then the SFL could eventually end up with an ultimatum from BT.

ToadKiller Dog

Have heard the same from a mate who used to work for a now defunct sports radio station , he overheard his boss being threatened by a Celtic official for giving other sides in Scotland too much air time and that unless it changes Celtic would remove access and pressure the stations sponsors to pull out .

Celtic as much of a power freak bully scared to surrender any smidgen of its control as the dead rangers were .

This.In days long ago it seems,you open your gob and shout something the polis didn't quite agree with you got huckled.these days you can shout what you like but don't get caught with a bottle of juice.

Does anybody else think that the increased reporting of these things and the hardline our own club is taking, are linked to something else going on in the background? I wouldn't be surprised to hear that there have been discussions about trying to bring in strict liability behind closed doors. I reckon all the club executives may be trying to prepare things for it being rolled out.

Archived