Austria v Croatia

japanjambo

Guest S.U.S.S.
Seeing all those pictures of fans drinking and watching the match in the fan zone, just reminds me how **** it is when Hearts don't get into Europe.

Hope there's a heat wave when we go to Belfast!!!

Dont think they will have a fan zone for the thousands who cant get a ticket!;)

The Old Tolbooth
Have you recovered from your night of unbridled passion? :dribble:

Got a sore arse for some reason :confused:

I'm kidding :confused:

Tom Heaney

MMMMMM:eek:

Wine , Export Or Miller All 3 would do that to you:p

Dont think they will have a fan zone for the thousands who cant get a ticket!;)

No bt I ssupect there's quite a bit of drinking in the street at that time of year:rolleyes:

japanjambo
Aye, lots of curls! I think it was him. Gonny go google and see what I can find!;)

Right, not Toni Polster...but Herbert Prohaska. Great player! The Austrians had a cracking team back then.

:P

chester copperpot

I'm kidding :confused:

I hope to god that was only the Jalapeno's mate.:rolleyes:

Guest S.U.S.S.
No bt I ssupect there's quite a bit of drinking in the street at that time of year:rolleyes:

Perhaps:)

Tom Heaney
I hope to god that was only the Jalapeno's mate.:rolleyes:

Jalapenos IS that Mexican for Juan?

ScottishSandstorm

Linz hasn't done much. Croatia is really skillful but letting Austria wear them out a bit.

chester copperpot
Getting a bit nervous now.

The Austrian's are looking pretty good.

I have a Croatia Poland double. Think tonight will be a lot closer than the odd's of 5-1 on Poland suggest.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Getting a bit nervous now.

The Austrian's are looking pretty good.

If Austria win, ill vote SNP, see how confident i am!;)

I have a Croatia Poland double. Think tonight will be a lot closer than the odd's of 5-1 on Poland suggest.

Reminds me of our trip to Prague for some strange reason:p

chester copperpot
Reminds me of our trip to Prague for some strange reason:p

Lol, I stuck strictly to Czech that trip mate. ;)

Far better oDD's

chester copperpot

Leg one done, come on the Poles. I hope they win 5-4 with 4 OG's from Borhuc.

cosanostra
If Austria win, ill vote SNP, see how confident i am!;)

Were you sweating that header at the end?

I thought my bet was fecked there.

Croatia can count themselves a wee bit lucky i think.

chester copperpot
Were you sweating that header at the end? - No because that would've meant a draw.

I thought my bet was fecked there. - Me ANAW, we're supporting different teams in the next one though mate.

Mon the Poles.

Nucky Thompson

A lot of people fancied Croatia as dark horses to win the tournament:wacko: They got taken apart by Austria in the 2nd half and were very lucky to win:rolleyes: I also don't like the way they roll around the turf when anyone goes near them.

cosanostra
Mon' the Germans! Win me money!!!

I've bet the same as you Toggie, let's hope the Germans play well.

Poland are a pretty useful team.

chester copperpot
A lot of people fancied Croatia as dark horses to win the tournament:wacko: They got taken apart by Austria in the 2nd half and were very lucky to win:rolleyes: I also don't like the way they roll around the turf when anyone goes near them.

Totally mate.

Doubt they'll make it out the group at that rate. Yes they got 3 points, but would fancy Germany and the Poles to qualify on that performance.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Were you sweating that header at the end?

I thought my bet was fecked there.

Not at all, although i did have my mouse hovering over the edit button!;)

As said on another thread, I'd suggest it is the English perception that has convinced some. I think it has everything to do with the superior attitude of "since they knocked us out they MUST be brilliant".

Decent side with decent players, absolutely no chance of winning it IMO.

cosanostra
As said on another thread, I'd suggest it is the English perception that has convinced some. I think it has everything to do with the superior attitude of "since they knocked us out they MUST be brilliant".

Agree with all of that.

They really did nothing to make me think they'll get beyond the quarter final stage. The Austrian fans must be gutted becasue their team gave a lot. Both teams looked like they lacked a goal scorer.

portobellojambo1

I think what that game showed was that both countries lack a top quality goalscorer, which will count against them as the tournament progresses.

Thought Austria deserved to get something out of that from their 2nd half performance.

70's Throwback
Only a few. The vast majority of the TA diddies are from Brechin, Montrose, Perth, Elgin, Wick etc. It's their only chance for an excuse to see high level football. I don't have a problem with this, providing they don't embarrass Scotland in the process. :sad:

Once again, completely wrong.

The Old Tolbooth

I agree totally with Boo, and had I not had money on Croatia I would have shouted on Austria because of the constant play acting by the Croats.

I thought Austria deserved something outta that game too, very unlucky.

Mon the Jerry's!!! ;)

shaun.lawson

There's certainly something in this: English viewers got to see Croatia at their best, and identified with Bilic too. Equally though, Eduardo wasn't injured back in November; and with him in the side, they looked very dangerous.

Not now though - at least, not on today's evidence, anyway. Of most concern is that a number of their players seemed out on their feet well before the end: whether this is down to poor pre-tournament conditioning, or more likely, the surprisingly useful Austrians just running the legs off them, I'm not too sure. Opening games can be deceptive, though: the crucial thing is they're off to a winning start, and I still think that if they come up against Portugal in the last eight, they could have a surprise up their sleeve. We'll see.

Archived