Celtic & Sevco bid to join English league. Again. (merged)

Stuart Lyon

So they say, yet Norways TV deal dwarfs ours without an OF size rivalry. Of course the truth is no one knows what would happen without them except that Darwinian principles take over and everyone finds their natural level. Good.

I don't see anything positive about hanging on the coat tails of those twats

Yes your right it does draws ours without an old firm rivalry, what makes you think we will get one without them.. yes they are twats, but probably half of the population of Scotland follow them and outside of Scotland no one cares about the rest of us.. I don't like it either but it's the truth. .

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you think? Football is about fans. Real fans who get off their arse and follow their club and believe theit dreams might come true. Not plastic arseholes who live their life through sky TV and celebrate epl or champions league success like it's their own.

If Hearts, Aberdeen and the vermin are regularly selling out or near as dammit and there are 3 or 4 teams challenging at the top only a Doncaster would find it difficult to attract investment.

And Ps. I'd chuck it if we started this of pish.

Your dreaming mate, I don't like the EPL either, fact is sky wouldn't pay shit for SPL - the old firm.. you think guys like kitchen and djoum would be here in a post old firm world.. they are here to get noticed, noticed means TV exposure.. and we wouldn't be able to afford the wages.. rangers and Celtic with EPL TV money living in our own back yard would be a complete and utter disaster - every single young player of any quality from every single club would be hoovered up, they'd take the gamble as financially it would be meaningless for them..

I read the other day that Burnley will make more money from TV in one season than all 42 Scottish clubs will make in 4 years, Paterson, walker, Nicholson.. they'd take them all just on the OFF CHANCE they'd turn out decent..

Yes your right it does draws ours without an old firm rivalry, what makes you think we will get one without them.. yes they are twats, but probably half of the population of Scotland follow them and outside of Scotland no one cares about the rest of us.. I don't like it either but it's the truth. .

I don't really get the relevance of your argument to be honest. I know no one outside Scotland cares, just the same as we don't care about teams in the Slovenian league or morroccan league.

There's no reason we can't get a decent TV deal for a genuinely competitive league though, but even if we didn't, so what?

Again, we'd all just have to cut our cloth.

There's nothing to fear from change, it's the status quo we should be scared of

I don't really get the relevance of your argument to be honest. I know no one outside Scotland cares, just the same as we don't care about teams in the Slovenian league or morroccan league.

There's no reason we can't get a decent TV deal for a genuinely competitive league though, but even if we didn't, so what?

Again, we'd all just have to cut our cloth.

There's nothing to fear from change, it's the status quo we should be scared of

We can't get a decent TV dea now - we certainly won't get one I the future when significantly LESS people will watch it..

Cut out cloth? Yep we would your right - we'd be able to afford Dunfermline like quality of players. - if that .. absolutely brilliant.. just what I want for HMFC.

Follow the money or we will be left behind

We can't get a decent TV dea now - we certainly won't get one I the future when significantly LESS people will watch it..

Cut out cloth? Yep we would your right - we'd be able to afford Dunfermline like quality of players. - if that .. absolutely brilliant.. just what I want for HMFC.

Follow the money or we will be left behind

Well that's certainly the worst case scenario, no reason to assume it'll pan out like that though.

Well that's certainly the worst case scenario, no reason to assume it'll pan out like that though.

I'd rather get into an environment where we'd have opportunities to prosper and grow..

I'd rather get into an environment where we'd have opportunities to prosper and grow..

While winning nothing and never playing in Europe - ever again. 

I recognise the fans of other teams don't want us. Reality is, the fans don't know how to run a football club.

Do not ever come on this board and tell us who knows how run a football club after your lot have been run by David Murray, Craig Whyte, Charles Green and Dave King.

What a rogues gallery that is and whilst that lot were running your club into the ground you sat back and let your club die a slow and lingering death.

Now our fans may not, in your opinion, know how to run a football club but I will tell you something, we certainly knew how to save one.

While winning nothing and never playing in Europe - ever again.

:rofl: the Scottish cup would be the equivalent of the challenge cup - meaningless

And how far do we get in Europe like? How do you think we'd far if finances halved?

The best 2 games in recent history - spurs and Liverpool, if Swansea and Bournemouth can do it.. so can we given time..

How much is TV money worth to a club like Hearts.

I'm not asking about the total payment to the SPFL.

I would just like to know how much Hearts

would lose if there was no TV money at all.

How much is TV money worth to a club like Hearts.

I'm not asking about the total payment to the SPFL.

I would just like to know how much Hearts

would lose if there was no TV money at all.

That's only a part of it though. Who wants to sign for a club with no television audience?

That's only a part of it though. Who wants to sign for a club with no television audience?

I would think the BBC in Scotland would still provide Sportscene and Alba.

The total Scottish football deal is significantly less than Gary linekers MOTD wage..

We current would expect to receive between ?1.5m and 2m p.a from sky..

Not sure such a limited level of exposure is going to sell a move to many decent players... especially when we will have less money to offer them as wages too.

Not sure such a limited level of exposure is going to sell a move to many decent players... especially when we will have less money to offer them as wages too.

OK fair enough. I'm just trying to imagine the scenario if these two evil twins were to leave.We would just have to cut our cloth and while it would not be ideal it would be better than deserting Scotland to play in some made up league 5 in England.

If Hearts ever left Scottish football I would be finished with them. I would probably go and watch the Juniors instead.

OK fair enough. I'm just trying to imagine the scenario if these two evil twins were to leave.We would just have to cut our cloth and while it would not be ideal it would be better than deserting Scotland to play in some made up league 5 in England.

If Hearts ever left Scottish football I would be finished with them. I would probably go and watch the Juniors instead.

Why? Do you care so passionately about the teams we play - I'm sick to death of half the clubs we face ? Within 10 years we'd be playing cracking matches with great players , I just don't think that people would really stay away.. and for everyone that did, there would be new fans ..

Why? Do you care so passionately about the teams we play - I'm sick to death of half the clubs we face ? Within 10 years we'd be playing cracking matches with great players , I just don't think that people would really stay away.. and for everyone that did, there would be new fans ..

I would hope by that time Scotland would be an Independent country and the Scottish Government could refuse teams to be based in Scotland who play in a foreign league.

So clubs clubs who desert Scotland have to leave altogether.

I would hope by that time Scotland would be an Independent country and the Scottish Government could refuse teams to be based in Scotland who play in a foreign league.

Dream scenario. I vote for all this. :thumbsup:

The only options left for these 2 are;

1. Join some weird super league set up with other teams that think they are bigger than they are. This will have less interest then the Europa League and if they're playing against decent sides they'll soon lose a lot of their support.

2. Shut up and get on with being a Scottish football team - stop bullying the league, sfa and other teams and try and actually help Scottish football progress.

Unfortunately they'll pick secret option number 3 - continue with empty threats to leave the league, continue getting away with murder on and off the pitch and scotrish football will continue to decline.

Hope they pick option 1. Cannot stand either of them.

If any other business was run as poorly as the SPFL the management would be sacked.

i wish jj was my dad

If any other business was run as poorly as the SPFL the management would be sacked.

In the real world yes.  But the SPFL and GFA are not run for the benefit of Scottish football. They operate to promote and protect the OF. They should have been cleaned out in 2012 with tales of armageddon, nuclear winters, bullying of 'diddy' clubs and telling investors the product was shite.

Lol you need to put your politics aside as none of that will ever ever happen, even if independence did happen would the Scottish government actively alienate half the population.. half .. hmm - not sure they'd be in power long..

Anyway - that's probably one for the shed.

Lol you need to put your politics aside as none of that will ever ever happen, even if independence did happen would the Scottish government actively alienate half the population.. half .. hmm - not sure they'd be in power long..

Anyway - that's probably one for the shed.

How many OF fans actually care about Scotland anyway ?

One lot want to be Irish the other lot want to be English.

Let's give them their wish ?

Back on topic though you do realize by the time Hearts worked their way through several lower leagues in England half of us will be dead anyway ?

How much TV money does 5th tier English team generate ?

The other teams in Scotland would be better getting together and formulating a plan to keep all clubs committed to the Scottish game. Something like a 30 year contract to commit themselves to the Scottish League. The OF either sign it or GTF. If the non OF clubs had the guts they could end this continual uncertainty caused by two clubs.

Back on topic though you do realize by the time Hearts worked their way through several lower leagues in England half of us will be dead anyway ?

The other teams in Scotland would be better getting together and formulating a plan to keep all clubs committed to the Scottish game. Something like a 30 year contract to commit themselves to the Scottish League. The OF either sign it or GTF. If the non OF clubs had the guts they could end this continual uncertainty caused by two clubs.

You lost me me you said the club in Scotland would keep getting better.. they really wouldn't..

Ps Bournemouth were the lowest placed club in all of England's football league in 2008.. hearts are a far bigger club than Bournemouth..

i wish jj was my dad

Very much with you with this.  

In my opinion is is well past time we said **** off to these parasites. I honestly think that when different teams start winning the three major trophies the crowds will be back and in good numbers. A move to a 16 to 22 team league would benefit when the ugly sisters are gone. Throw them out now, it was nearly done a number of years ago and it is time to do it now, and hold your bottle this time. Oh and when they want back can I slam the door in there face---------please? The biggest problem is the English don't want the bigots and hooligans. Two pigs that lipstick would not alter.

You lost me me you said the club in Scotland would keep getting better.. they really wouldn't..

Ps Bournemouth were the lowest placed club in all of England's football league in 2008.. hearts are a far bigger club than Bournemouth..

We're Scottish, we should play in a Scottish league.

What I don't get is how you can be so determinedly negative about the future of the game in Scotland but so positive about Hearts' chances in england.

If you were looking at both with an equally critical eye I might be more convinced, but I'm not convinced and anyway, I don't like it.

OFGTF, keep Hearts in Scotland

We're Scottish, we should play in a Scottish league.

What I don't get is how you can be so determinedly negative about the future of the game in Scotland but so positive about Hearts' chances in england.

If you were looking at both with an equally critical eye I might be more convinced, but I'm not convinced and anyway, I don't like it.

OFGTF, keep Hearts in Scotland

Because the English leagues are a growing market with a global presence, growth presents opportunity and I'm confident that hearts have the foundations and the support to prosper.. in Scotland quality will continue to slowly drop as it has done for 30 years. If the old firm leave - it would not be slow..

The Scottish leagues.. frankly outside of ourselves no one cares..

Scottish, British, European.. it doesn't matter - it's a global game and you need to get on board or you'll be left behind.. no room for nostalgia.. the biggest teams are moving slowly towards European leagues, won't be long till champions league played on a Saturday ..

I'd hate for us to sell our souls so we could have a small chance at the shiny top league in another country.

But thankfully, they don't want us anyway. Good.

The fact is that there is 25000 people in Edinburgh who are committed to attending Scottish football. That is only ST holders

Imagine what could be achieved if Hearts and Hibs were fighting it out at the top of the Scottish League. I don't believe TV would turn it's back on a competitive Scottish League with these kind of crowds.

English football is a bubble right now.  No way they keep this insane financial advantage over every other country long-term.  

English football is a bubble right now. No way they keep this insane financial advantage over every other country long-term.

Been hearing that for 25 years..

Archived