Last few days of the Window - what will happen?

jamboinglasgow

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC report there is interest in Juanma and Oshaniwa as well as Ross County's declared interest in Prince

Confirm interest in Brad McKay from Inverness as well as the ongoing Tom Hateley saga with interest from Hibs, Dundee and Partick Thistle

Dundee up their bid to ?100,000 for Stevie Mallan of St Mirren

Is he a player we should be looking at?  I've seen a few posters on here saying they would like to see him at Hearts.

letsalldothebeattie

Ins: Decent left back to compete with Rherras

A left footed left winger

Cover CM

Cover striker

Permanent Outs: Buaben, Oshaniwa, Juanma

Loans out: Robbie Buchanan, Dario Zannata, Ian Smith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamboinglasgow

I do think if we lost Buaben, Paterson, Juanma and Oshaniwa that would be 4 players from the first team squad. Thats a sixth of the squad gone (add in Buchanan offski and Zanatta out on loan then that becomes a quarter of the squad) so will require replacement. 

But as we have shown, we can concentrate on the signing talent after the window.

Part of me thinks we will make a bid for a player that is unexpected.

Tynecastle Valhalla

I think we are still short of 2-3 quality players

I'd like to see a left back, left footed winger and a creative attacking central midfielder

That's based on current squad, so if say buaben or Juanma leaves we should replace them too

Gorgie_Rules

I have a feeling nothing will happen, maybe a couple of youngsters out on loan.

Ideally Oshaniwa, Juanma and Buaben will all move on. I'd rather we cashed in on Paterson and took anything over a million but don't think anyone will stump up the cash

If all 4 go i'd hope we'd bring in 2, either before or after the window

The Treasurer

If there is any activity at Tynecastle before the window I only think it would be players leaving or going on loan.

Recruitment will happen after the window "slams shut"

letsalldothebeattie

Juanma apparently has offers from Russia

Be interesting to see what happens with that for him and us. Russia window doesn't shut until 6th September so may lose him after ours shuts. Be interesting to see if Neilson would have a replacement either in before our window shuts in hope Juanma goes or has a free lined up if he does go after window shuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to reports, Celtic are looking offload Armstrong, MacKay-Steven and Henderson. All would improve our squad, and Armstrong (briefly part of Levein's youth system at United) would be a real coup.

Also, and wishful thinking I know, Craig Gordon should cancel his contract with them and come back home to where he'll be appreciated.

It appears Marvin Johnson has submitted a transfer request ....

Re him handing in a transfer request, I think that if a player is sold and didn't ask for a move, the selling club have to reach a payoff agreement with the player for his current contract, presumably the buying club would have to cover that, however, if he asks for a transfer, the selling club do not have to settle his current contract. Perhaps he has been told by either his agent or a potential buyer to ask for a request to get the price down, which would suggest that he isn't going for a million and the buying club aren't loaded.

Johnson typical sevco tactic ask for transfer get price down kick up fuss come in with low bid done deal

No surprise Sevco in for him - just the way they work, unsettle another teams player and will fit their massive pay structure

Johnson typical sevco tactic ask for transfer get price down kick up fuss come in with low bid done deal

I don't see the problem with how Rangers go about their transfer business with Scottish clubs. They want the best price so they use tactics that will achieve that. Its the selling club bowing to pressure and taking it dry from them that have the problem. Id want Hearts to conduct business in the same manner if we were in for Johnson.i.e get the cheapest deal available whatever it takes to get it.

We may not sign anyone by close of play tomorrow but we will see at one new face for Hamilton and possibly more depending on who we can move on,

I don't see the problem with how Rangers go about their transfer business with Scottish clubs. They want the best price so they use tactics that will achieve that. Its the selling club bowing to pressure and taking it dry from them that have the problem. Id want Hearts to conduct business in the same manner if we were in for Johnson.i.e get the cheapest deal available whatever it takes to get it.

There are ways to go about that. In the past both Celtic and especially Rangers have used their media clout to unsettle players or by tapping agents. I've got no problem with them trying to get the best deal, but I do have a problem with the unprofessional and underhand way they sometimes go about their business.

We may not sign anyone by close of play tomorrow but we will see at one new face for Hamilton and possibly more depending on who we can move on,

Is this knowledge or a hunch?

People expecting nothing to happen haven't learned IMO.

Levein and Nelson love doing business at the end of (or just after) the window. There'll be plenty of movement in the coming days.

People expecting nothing to happen haven't learned IMO.

Levein and Nelson love doing business at the end of (or just after) the window. There'll be plenty of movement in the coming days.

John Souttar was concluded two minutes before window closed last time

Plenty time

Now thinking nothing will happen tomorrow.

:(

Unless Osh and his agent get the pay off they are looking for...they been trying for the last week to squeeze some money out of us knowing he could get a deal elsewhere

At this late stage it often becomes a game of who blinks first......and that will be the same for anyone we look to sign as well

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Nobody being shown round Tynecastle today. Usually how we get a wee tease

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Unless Osh and his agent get the pay off they are looking for...they been trying for the last week to squeeze some money out of us knowing he could get a deal elsewhere

At this late stage it often becomes a game of who blinks first......and that will be the same for anyone we look to sign as well

The good news is that I would not fancy my chances of winning any negotiations with CL or RN.

Expecting a post window surprise Djoum-Rossi-Pallardo-Kitchen style signing, ie a good player out of the blue

There are ways to go about that. In the past both Celtic and especially Rangers have used their media clout to unsettle players or by tapping agents. I've got no problem with them trying to get the best deal, but I do have a problem with the unprofessional and underhand way they sometimes go about their business.

It's just a bit of big club mentality in action. We could learn stuff from it.

I'd like to see one of Mackay-Stevens or Commons ending up at Tynie.

Most of all, though, I'd like to keep Paterson.

It's just a bit of big club mentality in action. We could learn stuff from it.

Pray tell how we do this. Genuinely interested.

No one will come in - we'll bide our time for freebies outwith the window. May see a few going out on loan. I think we've got a good wee squad going on, don't want to unbalance it with rushed buys.

Archived