Winning the next three games is vital

Lincon Premier

Lincon Premier

The expections are so high now but neilson will not get replaced he is levein's man and can be easily controlled I think celtic will win the league with Aberdeen second and rangers third and hearts will get into the top six and that will be it.

Unfortunately I agree with the exception:  Rangers are dead and Sevco will get third, but only due to some very dodgy officials.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winning those three would be great but the coach needs a big blockbuster win somewhere to slow the increasing doubts about him. In six months he presided over two of the worst results in the history of the club and it'll take more than a routine win over Patrick Thistle to get some folk back on side. Harsh that two results can do that but that's the game. He needs a big two or three goal win at Ibrox or something like that or this just won't go away.

Two of the worst results in our history ?

Really ?

Good lord....!

One was a stinker, granted but please don't tell me the other one was Hibs...please !

For me the results in the first three games are not as important as the tactics and style we employ. I know it's very Hibsesque to lose with style, but we are not showing we COULD beat these teams. We are not showing any improvement from last season and I am not convinced the signings we have made, versus those we let go, have improved the team.

We had more shots at goal and more shots on target than Celtic at Tynecastle, we had a lot more possession than St Johnstone in the cup game but didn't do enough on the day and against Aberdeen we had the same number of shots on target as them and had 11 shots in total to their 12.

There is no problems with how we're playing, if anything we're committing too many players forward and getting caught but it's an exciting style that the fans want to see.

As long as Neilson continues to set the team up this way, we will continue to create the chances and once our strike force is firing, we'll be scoring enough to be winning games comfortably.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Two of the worst results in our history ?

Really ?

Good lord....!

One was a stinker, granted but please don't tell me the other one was Hibs...please !

Easily. Clearly there's no scientific solution and it's all personal opinion but I'd put that in among our worst ever results when viewed in context. Put out the cup by our fierce local rivals - who were in the division below us, a division they couldn't get out of, couldn't even make the top two, who came back from 2-0 down at Tynecastle, who then went on to win the tournament and break their 114 year hoodoo.

It wasn't just your run of the mill defeat. If you think it wasn't that bad, that's cool. Apart from the obvious calamities (1965, 1986, 0-7 and a few more maybe) I'm struggling to think of worse. What would you say was worse?

It's not just me saying that or even a few other miserable sods btw. There's a poll on this forum split evenly in support/no support for a statistically successful coach. Why is that? We may not have even seen the full ramifications from that game yet, who knows?

scott herbertson

Easily. Clearly there's no scientific solution and it's all personal opinion but I'd put that in among our worst ever results when viewed in context. Put out the cup by our fierce local rivals - who were in the division below us, a division they couldn't get out of, couldn't even make the top two, who came back from 2-0 down at Tynecastle, who then went on to win the tournament and break their 114 year hoodoo.

It wasn't just your run of the mill defeat. If you think it wasn't that bad, that's cool. Apart from the obvious calamities (1965, 1986, 0-7 and a few more maybe) I'm struggling to think of worse. What would you say was worse?

It's not just me saying that or even a few other miserable sods btw. There's a poll on this forum split evenly in support/no support for a statistically successful coach. Why is that? We may not have even seen the full ramifications from that game yet, who knows?

Most Hearts managers after a year or two would have less than 50% in  a poll I reckon

It's the same as governments - everyone dislikes them after a year or two

Among our worst ever results !!!!!!!!!!......really.

Have you just started watching us in the last 2 seasons ?

It doesn't come anywhere near one of our worst ever results unless you are intent on acting like a drama queen

Like some others you need to get a grip, grow a pair and stop letting emotion take over rational thought

Oh and if you need a list give me a weeks notice to type out a list of 'our worst results ever'......I think there will be quite a few before that one.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Among our worst ever results !!!!!!!!!!......really.

Have you just started watching us in the last 2 seasons ?

It doesn't come anywhere near one of our worst ever results unless you are intent on acting like a drama queen

Like some others you need to get a grip, grow a pair and stop letting emotion take over rational thought

Oh and if you need a list give me a weeks notice to type out a list of 'our worst results ever'......I think there will be quite a few before that one.

Name some.

scott herbertson

Name some.

I'll start with Hearts 0 East Stirlingshire 1

Sat 31 Oct 1981

1st Division (ie premier league of its day)

attendance 5093, including me

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Sat 31 Oct 1981

Yup, sore one, especially in a season where we didn't go up. You could probably chuck in the game against D Utd I think in 77 that relegated us and maybe even Airdrie in 95. That's the company we're talking about though. In 35 years our kids will be posting on here about it the same way you just did about that E Stirling game.

Sat 31 Oct 1981

I'll raise you Hearts 0 Celtic 7 in 2013.....and I'll add Hearts 0 Forfar 1 in the Scottish Cup 1982

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I'll raise you Hearts 0 Celtic 7 in 2013.....and I'll add Hearts 0 Forfar 1 in the Scottish Cup 1982

I think Hibs was worse than either of those. We've been tanked by Celtic lots and we were a mess that season. And why is the Forfar game worse? A cup defeat against lower league opposition. That's exactly what Hibs was, except it was Hibs.

The Hibs result comes nowhere near any list of worst results. It wouldn't make the top 100.

Most painful is another thing altogether and it would be near the top of that, especially given they went on to win it.

Bazzas right boot

Name some.

7-0 hibs

6-2 hibs

7-0 Celtic

Various 4/3 goal defeats of Celtic at home.

Falkirk 6-0 and 4-0 in SC, 1-0 at home in the LC.

Getting owned by Airdrie

4-2 v St Johnstone in the league cup. At home, 2-0 up at HT.

4-3 v Dundee in the league cup

Various defeats in the early 80's

Bazzas right boot

Hibs winning the cup has broken a good few on here.

Tokyo Drifter

Leaving aside the points accrued, we need three wins to settle the team, take the pressure off the manager and (hopefully) instill some confidence in our strikers (assuming they manage to find the net).

Turning to the league, three wins would see us right up the top of the table: assuming Celtic steamroller everyone, it means Rangers, St Johnstone and Aberdeen will also have lost to them by September 10, which would put us on pretty much level pegging with all those sides. 

I'll start with Hearts 0 East Stirlingshire 1 Sat 31 Oct 1981

I was there too but it was the championship of its day not premiership.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

I think Hibs was worse than either of those. We've been tanked by Celtic lots and we were a mess that season. And why is the Forfar game worse? A cup defeat against lower league opposition. That's exactly what Hibs was, except it was Hibs.

You're entitled to your opinion but, sorry, I not buying it. Some terrible games have been mentioned and there a lot more. 

Will more need to be mentioned ?  Of course, if you think Forfar was a " better" result than the Hibs Cup game....I don't think i'll bother.

7-0 hibs

6-2 hibs

7-0 Celtic

Getting owned by Airdrie

....and that's for starters......I think i've tried to block any memory of some horror shows in the late 70s, early 80s !

Bazzas right boot

....and that's for starters......I think i've tried to block any memory of some horror shows in the late 70s, early 80s !

I'm maybe a bit younger, but was at most of the games I mentioned, some horrors, this thread has taken a rather depressing turn!

Eddie may , last minute winner was a shocker of a game, at least in some of the others, we got taken apart and the football was good from the other team!

Charlie-Brown

I read from all the self appointed experts on here that last Saturday was a must win match....turns out it wasnt....

Charlie-Brown

I'll start with Hearts 0 East Stirlingshire 1 Sat 31 Oct 1981

From the same season we lost at Forfar and at home to them in the Cup, we drew at home to Queens Park just before or just after the East Stirlingshire game later than season we got taken apart 5-2 at home by Dumbarton having been ahead 2-1 at half time....if i had the time i could name dozens more. Losing to Hibs in a cup game is hardly or a shock or our worst result ever.

The results in these 3 games will tell us if we've improved as a team this season. The last 3 games have been analysed to death.

These 3 teams should be tucked away if we have genuine title ambitions. There's no way either of the old firm would look at these 3 fixtures on their list and think anything other than 9 points despite any 'every game is tough' rhetoric from their managers.

If we want to be considered the real deal we go and win these games. If we're happy to slosh around 3rd 4th or 5th then we'll approach with caution and get what we deserve.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

7-0 hibs

6-2 hibs

7-0 Celtic

Getting owned by Airdrie

You think all of those were worse than the Hibs result? 3-0 home defeats to Celtic? A close LC QF on pens? Losing from 2-0 to St J in the LC was worse than losing from 2-0 to Hibs in the SC? Another drab 1-0 home defeat in the league cup? It seems some think every other time we were put out of cups by lower league opposition was worse than lower league Hibs putting us out. Don't understand that all. Cheers for the response tjough.

You think all of those were worse than the Hibs result? 3-0 home defeats to Celtic? A close LC QF on pens? Losing from 2-0 to St J in the LC was worse than losing from 2-0 to Hibs in the SC? Another drab 1-0 home defeat in the league cup? It seems some think every other time we were put out of cups by lower league opposition was worse than lower league Hibs putting us out. Don't understand that all. Cheers for the response tjough.

His response was absolute tosh.....

From the same season we lost at Forfar and at home to them in the Cup, we drew at home to Queens Park just before or just after the East Stirlingshire game later than season we got taken apart 5-2 at home by Dumbarton having been ahead 2-1 at half time....if i had the time i could name dozens more. Losing to Hibs in a cup game is hardly or a shock or our worst result ever.

That was the 1982-83 season. Talking of Queens Park, they also beat us at Hampden that season. A horrendous affair as was the Dumbarton game...a game, as it turned out, that blew our promotion out the window.

I don't mind people having their own opinions regarding what they see as the worst results in THEIR time watching Hearts but, please, don't try and say the Hibs Cup game was worse than some of the games  mentioned because, with respect, you really couldn't have been there to watch that drivel if you are of that opinion.

By all means, the worst you've seen....fine with that.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

That was the 1982-83 season. Talking of Queens Park, they also beat us at Hampden that season. A horrendous affair as was the Dumbarton game...a game, as it turned out, that blew our promotion out the window.

I don't mind people having their own opinions regarding what they see as the worst results in THEIR time watching Hearts but, please, don't try and say the Hibs Cup game was worse than some of the games  mentioned because, with respect, you really couldn't have been there to watch that drivel if you are of that opinion.

By all means, the worst you've seen....fine with that.

I said 'among' the worst ever. The fact that all we've had suggested so far to compare are a couple of nasty home defeats from one of our most awful league seasons kind of proves that point, does it not? 

Edit - I just read above someone else said it wouldn't make the top 100! Amazing. I'm struggling to get to ten. Been going since 1985 too, to clear up another point from your response.

I said 'among' the worst ever. The fact that all we've had suggested so far to compare are a couple of nasty home defeats from one of our most awful league seasons kind of proves that point, does it not? 

Edit - I just read above someone else said it wouldn't make the top 100! Amazing. I'm struggling to get to ten. Been going since 1985 too, to clear up another point from your response.

Fair enough but the argument that because Hibs were/are in a lower League, doesn't add much weight to that position, in my opinion.

A comparison would be Rangers drawing with Celtic in last season's Scottish Cup. I would be surprised if many Celtic fans would put that in a worst result category because Rangers were in a lower League. 

We will be lucky to take 2 draws from the next 3 games ,

the problems we have with the team,style,motivation, formation and tactics are about to be shown bare against ict and partick.

If you actually put money on your predictions, I take it it you live in a tent !

the problems we have with the team,style,motivation, formation and tactics are about to be shown bare against ict and partick.

The gift that keeps on giving. Are you sure you're not Hibs

Bridge of Djoum

Another belter.

Stroll on lad.

scott herbertson

I was there too but it was the championship of its day not premiership.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

oops so it was - even worse then!

2 draws and a loss i think..mabey 1 draw 2 losses if we dont get the breaks.

we will start like snails against ict who will quickly go 1 up mabey even 2 , we will come back in the second half and mabey get a draw.

partick will be 0-0 , st johnstone will beat us as they know they can 2-1 st johnstone.

id expect Robbie to resign after that...but he wont.

eventually the fans will protest {mabey by october /november} at our very poor form and football....Anne will mabey then be forced to take some action and replan.

How about a bet.........

If we win anymore than 3 points you don't post for anything for a month ?

So we need a point from Partick and GJ will **** off for a whole month. Robbie make it so.

2 draws and a loss i think..mabey 1 draw 2 losses if we dont get the breaks.

we will start like snails against ict who will quickly go 1 up mabey even 2 , we will come back in the second half and mabey get a draw.

partick will be 0-0 , st johnstone will beat us as they know they can 2-1 st johnstone.

id expect Robbie to resign after that...but he wont.

eventually the fans will protest {mabey by october /november} at our very poor form and football....Anne will mabey then be forced to take some action and replan.

Hiya Nostradamus

Bazzas right boot

Yip, remember this was when we were on our long barren spell, no trophy for over 35 years.

Getting hammered at home is imo poor as we are meant to be the third  biggest team, getting beat 7-0, 4-0 etc at home of Celtic should be left for the Hamilton's and the likes, not Hearts. Getting beat of Hibs by one goal is not worse than getting spanked of Celtic, particularly at home by 4 goals.

Have you ever sat and watched us get hammered, its really depressing. This goes for the 6-2 and for those at the 7-0 game, I am sure they would agree.

St Johnstone were a yo yo side, we hadn't won a trophy for past 30 years, so sitting  there watching a first division side smash 4 past us in one half at home was tragic.

Dundee, the PK  shoot out, same as above, but with Smith saving a penalty, then going on to take then miss the penalty after just puts this ahead of the  Hibs game, although I understand how the Hibs game could  be worse. It was pissing down as well, this added to the "feel good " factor!

Falkirk, again on our barren spell and watching a veteran Eddie May score a injury time winner at Tynecastle was just depressing, again another chance to end the trophy draught gone against a poor side was gone- again pissing down, I think about 4k at Tynecastle that night.

Airdrie, real missed opportunities to get to a final, gone.

Falkirk 6-0 and the 4-0  in the SC, well the score says it all. Think it was 4-0 after about 25 minutes as well in the SC game- WTF!!!!

Hibs result was poor, but they are a team with a similar budget to our own, and to get beat over 2 games by one goal, although annoying doesn't rank up there with the hammerings or at the time , defeats to poor sides that prolonged our wait for a trophy.

Younger fans might not know what it feels like to not win a thing, this probably added to the depression of the results I mention and why they are above the Hibs game for me in terms of worst result.

One should always be polite.

Indeed, Dave.

If I win a pair of tickets for the Hamilton hospitality, i'll be a model of good manners and etiquette !

Indeed, Dave.

If I win a pair of tickets for the Hamilton hospitality, i'll be a model of good manners and etiquette !

Let's hope so.

Anyone who was following the club in the seventies will laugh at the lightweights

who think losing a Derby by the odd goal

is the WORST RESULT EVER.

Anyway I hope we get them in the Cup this year.Its the only way we will get some sanity back on here is to get revenge with interest.

Archived