'The natural order of things has been restored...'

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

Yes, its the same old same old with the SPFL and OF apologists getting a semi over Ranger sand Celtic being back in the top division, and no, I don't really expect anything to change - but these words spoken by Chick Young this weekend have really stuck in my craw.

In reference to Rangers being back in the top division, and referring to his worries over how Ross County will fair this season he used the phrase 'the natural order of things has been restored...' and no-body pulled him up on it.

Now its nothing new, but still staggering and disappointing how that at the start of a new season, the 'natural order' that keeps the people who run the game, talk about the game and oil the Scottish football machine seem to think that the right way for things to be is the OF dominating and the rest picking up scraps.

Of course with the money they have that is how things will pan out, but to be a pundit on a show and talk like this - that in some way, this is how it should be is beyond the pale.

Michael_Jackson

He's right. A team the size of Rangers should naturally be in the top flight. I have no issues admitting that.

What I have an issue with is the blatant bias towards them. For example last season a ref in England got pulled out of a game because the result could have had a bearing on the team he supported. I wonder how many of our top flight referees are from greater Glasgow.

And then you have the Scott Sinclair situation, hopefully questions are being asked.

Dr. Bapswent

He's right. A team the size of Rangers should naturally be in the top flight. I have no issues admitting that.

What I have an issue with is the blatant bias towards them. For example last season a ref in England got pulled out of a game because the result could have had a bearing on the team he supported. I wonder how many of our top flight referees are from greater Glasgow.

And then you have the Scott Sinclair situation, hopefully questions are being asked.

Ranger should be in the top flight on merit - and they are - but that is not the natural order of anything.

Michael_Jackson

Ranger should be in the top flight on merit - and they are - but that is not the natural order of anything.

Don't really understand your grievance.

It is natural that Rsngers have climbed through the ranks on merit as they are a bigger club with higher resources and better players.

He got one thing right in his statement.  11 fouls against Celtic and 7 bookings!  The natural order of things right enough!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As annoying as he is and his statement is, it is only annoying because sadly it's true

Nookie Bear

I think the point is that it is depressig how much joy the media seem to get from a two-horse being the 'natural order of things' when they should be wanting more competition.

Michael_Jackson

I think the point is that it is depressig how much joy the media seem to get from a two-horse being the 'natural order of things' when they should be wanting more competition.

Tabloid media is first and foremost a business. It is in their interest to put Rangers and Celtic first as they count for a sizeable majority of their readership.

Dr. Bapswent

Tabloid media is first and foremost a business. It is in their interest to put Rangers and Celtic first as they count for a sizeable majority of their readership.

Makes it understandable - but doesn't make it ok as they 'represent' all of Scottish football, and to basically tell them straight out that they prefer the status quo to be the OF at the top and everyone else fighting for the scraps further undermines the Scottish game.

It suggests they would actively encourage this situation to be maintained, as they are most comfortable with it, and want to avoid any upset.

...a bit disco

Surely the BBC shouldn't come under the umbrella of 'tabloid media' though?

Michael_Jackson

Surely the BBC shouldn't come under the umbrella of 'tabloid media' though?

It shouldn't, hence why I clarified when responding to Nookie's post.

Nookie Bear

Fair point but surely someone needs to put their hand up and argue the point, even if it just taking sides for the sake of it (like Talksport do)

I suppose it is the depressing reality that we are just the support players in the old firm circus.

hmfc_liam06

Equally depressing is that all Sky were interested in yesterday was advertising the first Old Firm game, some 4 or so weeks away.

No interest in telling us what their next live Scottish game is, no it was when the first OF game is.

Way to advertise our game Sky!

To be repeated until time stops, this Rangers named team have never played at this level of football before, EVER.

Michael_Jackson

To be repeated until time stops, this Rangers named team have never played at this level of football before, EVER.

See the post above.

Michael_Jackson

You're wrong.

I'm not sure I am. Yes the limited company went into liquidation. Yes Rangers may have got off lightly, especially on the duel contracts. It's also very funny for winding them up.

However, the fact remains that no matter how much we shout it's unfair and throw our toys out the pram Rangers will win another league title before Hearts ever will.

Instead of looking at other clubs why don't we ask why Hearts underachieve year in year out. When we win a cup and parade it around our city infront of hundreds of thousands, where are those fans come season ticket sales time?

Rangers being a new club is the new Hibs haven't won the cup. It's far easier to deflect upon other clubs than ask serious questions of our own.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Equally depressing is that all Sky were interested in yesterday was advertising the first Old Firm game, some 4 or so weeks away.

No interest in telling us what their next live Scottish game is, no it was when the first OF game is.

Way to advertise our game Sky!

Sky don't care about advertising the game. They care about making easy money

Dr. Bapswent

I'm not sure I am. Yes the limited company went into liquidation. Yes Rangers may have got off lightly, especially on the duel contracts. It's also very funny for winding them up.

However, the fact remains that no matter how much we shout it's unfair and throw our toys out the pram Rangers will win another league title before Hearts ever will.

Instead of looking at other clubs why don't we ask why Hearts underachieve year in year out. When we win a cup and parade it around our city infront of hundreds of thousands, where are those fans come season ticket sales time?

Rangers being a new club is the new Hibs haven't won the cup. It's far easier to deflect upon other clubs than ask serious questions of our own.

Don't think anyone is throwing any toys anywhere about Rangers winning anything? Don't think that been mentioned on this thread at all?

Also nobody mentioned Hearst achievement this year or next, or how many fans we have.

I think you have added up your own version of 2+2 and still got 5.

The point is simply that the SPFL and the media accept the OF dominance to the degree of actually desiring it to be the case as it suit them, whilst instead they should actually just be fair to all clubs. Chick Young and the presenters made no attempt to hide this fact or challenge that assumption, and that is a sad state for Scottish football.

A semi ? That arsehole would be strutting about with the full blaze.

Same as that welt Keevins who said last year and I quote "The whole of Scottish Football is merely marking time until Rangers get promoted".

I would like to kick them both in the niagras with my Dr Martens.

Wanks !

Full feckin blaze :rofl:

zoltan socrates

Scottish football is tescos

Celtic are bread

Sevco are milk

Tescos wouldnt survive selling just bread and milk

Why does scottish football think it can ?

SwindonJambo

Not another Prick Dung thread.  Gnash! Gnash! The man is a lifelong wage thief and waste of media airtime, wherever he spraffs his worthless OF-sycophantic guff.  Please retire now you snivelling little tosser. If I could choose one individual as the very embodiment of all that is wrong with football journalism in Scotland it's him. Just piss off, please!

This patter is chronic. By the same logic we are a new club;

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails

The club was liquidated in a non voluntary fashion, unable to fulfil any future fixtures without reforming as a version of the old club. This is fact. Calling it patter makes it sound like it's some trivial knock about banter.

colinmaroon

Yes, its the same old same old with the SPFL and OF apologists getting a semi over Ranger sand Celtic being back in the top division, and no, I don't really expect anything to change - but these words spoken by Chick Young this weekend have really stuck in my craw.

In reference to Rangers being back in the top division, and referring to his worries over how Ross County will fair this season he used the phrase 'the natural order of things has been restored...' and no-body pulled him up on it.

Now its nothing new, but still staggering and disappointing how that at the start of a new season, the 'natural order' that keeps the people who run the game, talk about the game and oil the Scottish football machine seem to think that the right way for things to be is the OF dominating and the rest picking up scraps.

Of course with the money they have that is how things will pan out, but to be a pundit on a show and talk like this - that in some way, this is how it should be is beyond the pale.

Going by Beaton's "performance" on Sunday, the natural order of things has never gone away.

Amputate one cheek, transplant another, it's all still the same arse!

Even the Sky commentator commented that Hearts had committed 7 fouls and had six bookings, now most of them were deserved but I thought they stats were unbelievable and I think he had managed to book Craig Gordon to even things up, but six bookings while some were deserved from seven fouls and one of our bookings was for celebrating a goal makes you wonder.

That horrible Brown scumbag struts about the park winding up any Hearts players that would take the bait, knowing full well Beaton would never book him. I think the reason he eventually got booked is that despite instructions he had to book the scumbag.

Hearts 7 Sellik 4

One thing Neilson has to get sorted is our disiplinary record as it is shocking.

I honestly think it is time to introduce some sort of penalty fine system as some of our bookings over the last couple of seasons have been easily preventable and petulant especially when you know what is going to happen with Golam,Beaton in charge who cannot wait to go into the hip pocket.

Archived