We are winning the league

Bazzas right boot

portobellojambo1

Count me in.

Shouldn't be scared of any team in the SPL

We may not have a 20+ goal a season striker, but they can all chip in with some.

Kitchen POTY

With a statement like this you will always get my support Lovecraft, although that may push me into the area of "We should not accept mediocrity". I do not think we are an inferior club to any other in the top league, and I include Celtic in that. What do I think of HMFC fans who say we should not be competing with teams like Celtic and Aberdeen, based purely on money rather than what a group of players can achieve if allowed to play. I don't, I cannot understand people who adopt such an approach, which is in my view the negativity spoken about. I thought we had a perfect opportunity to finish higher than we did last season, but people adopting that approach got shot down on here. We finished 3rd in a shit league because of how we approached the vast majority of games we played away from home. I have seen 4 Europa games and one friendly at Dunfermline this season, nothing suggested a positive change, in fact given the quality of the opposition so far I understand why some feel we have regressed. My opinion on this coming season is based on what I deem to be realism. I see nothing to be gained by coming out and saying I think we will win the league this season and possibly one of the cups. I'd like to be in a position to say that but from what I've seen so far nothing suggests it is even remotely possible. However, I would like to be proven wrong, but any changes needed to prove me wrong have to happen within Tynecastle and from what I've seen so far this season nothing appears to have changed.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that always amuses me about the "we should not accept mediocrity" cats, is the the fact that having high expectations does not promote high achievement. You don't become a winner by just demanding to be one.

Tynecastle Valhalla

I've put a bet on it

Was actually disappointed with the odds

Denis Atomic

OP is right

Celtic are pish

THE Rangers are overrated / liquidated

Aberdeen are nothing to be worried about

We can win the league

Well done OP, it's great to see a bit of optimism around here instead of the usual doom and gloomers who can't wait to stick the boot into the team.

Best price 50/1 at Corals so the usual ?10 invested

3/1 with Skybet without Celtic and Rangers and that may well be worth a larger punt.........or 9/1 without Celtic only

12/1 for the League Cup can be had..totesport

16/1 for the Scottish Cup with 10Bet

With a statement like this you will always get my support Lovecraft, although that may push me into the area of "We should not accept mediocrity". I do not think we are an inferior club to any other in the top league, and I include Celtic in that. What do I think of HMFC fans who say we should not be competing with teams like Celtic and Aberdeen, based purely on money rather than what a group of players can achieve if allowed to play. I don't, I cannot understand people who adopt such an approach, which is in my view the negativity spoken about. I thought we had a perfect opportunity to finish higher than we did last season, but people adopting that approach got shot down on here. We finished 3rd in a shit league because of how we approached the vast majority of games we played away from home. I have seen 4 Europa games and one friendly at Dunfermline this season, nothing suggested a positive change, in fact given the quality of the opposition so far I understand why some feel we have regressed. My opinion on this coming season is based on what I deem to be realism. I see nothing to be gained by coming out and saying I think we will win the league this season and possibly one of the cups. I'd like to be in a position to say that but from what I've seen so far nothing suggests it is even remotely possible. However, I would like to be proven wrong, but any changes needed to prove me wrong have to happen within Tynecastle and from what I've seen so far this season nothing appears to have changed.

Us not being too great in pre-season is the perfect scenario. As we will be the shock team this year with it not being expected.

If we where pumping everyone this early then we would be so pumped up we'd know doubt crash & feel deflated. 38 games to go. You never know as this is hearts we are talking about.

I predict a good season & more points on the board than previous.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic. New players must settle.

Looking forward to it & can't understand why we have so much negativity within the support.

Time to lighten up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getintaethem

I don't think we'll win the league.

I do think we'll do far better than many on here expect.

For those saying we don't have a 20 goal striker, it's too early to say if that's true.

William H. Bonney

I don't think we'll win the league.

I do think we'll do far better than many on here expect.

For those saying we don't have a 20 goal striker, it's too early to say if that's true.

Been waiting for a 20 goal striker since robbo retired.

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism. Isn't it what supporting a football team is all about?

Brendan Rogers sounds a wee bit Lolderwood-esque to me. Genuinely believe Celtic will wobble a bit this season, starting in Gorgie next week.

We're in for a title race worthy of the name, imo, and there's a great chance for a dark horse to emerge as the winner.

Whether it's blind optimism, a hunch, bevvy or a refusal to acknowledge reality I feel it could be Heart of Midlothian.

sairyinthat

Think the Killies/well/Accies /Eberdeen etc wont get gifted points from us this season and that is going to make a huge difference come seasons end.

highlandjambo3

Brendan Rogers sounds a wee bit Lolderwood-esque to me. Genuinely believe Celtic will wobble a bit this season, starting in Gorgie next week.

We're in for a title race worthy of the name, imo, and there's a great chance for a dark horse to emerge as the winner.

Whether it's blind optimism, a hunch, bevvy or a refusal to acknowledge reality I feel it could be Heart of Midlothian.

FTFY

Son Of Anarchy

How comes it's only trolling when it's negative? :lol:

Wouldn't half the forum be banned then? Acht, we can but dream.

OP is right

Celtic are pish

THE Rangers are overrated / liquidated

Aberdeen are nothing to be worried about

We can win the league

That was what I was saying last season. But now the league is marginally tougher it will go down to whether or not we have learned our lessons from last season and kill teams off once we are one or two nil ahead. Instead of defending a slim lead which as we know cost us the cup and perhaps the title itself.

OP will always be remembered as the clown who openly "supported" the vermin in winning the cup. And not just in the one thread either.

Him and his mate, who was thankfully punted, made my skin crawl.

I'm normally very optimistic at the start of a season, (big bet on us last year to finish second) afraid I'm not looking forward to this one.

skinnybob72

Until we stop going to places like Killie, Hamilton and ICT and adopting the kind of set up you might I expect to see from Torquay at the Nou Camp then we win't be anywhere near winning the league.

These teams are basically rank and until Neilson realises that we will continue to lose games we shouldn't when we play away. Clearly they are not just going to roll over for us but we have much better players - we just need to have the shackles removed and go for it from the off.

the big show

Winning the league ? i'm afraid it is very wishful thinking and as much as i would love it to happen but unless we bring in another 2-3 players of real " quality "  then i'm afraid we will be doing well to get a European spot . As someone that hardly ever misses a game i just don't see it and unless we change our whole attitude towards games then i can see much of the same as we have had over the last 6 months or so .  As of now nothing has changed apart from a few personnel within the team but could anybody say it's of the real quality that we need ? Some might say yes but i would honestly beg to differ that it is anywhere near good enough to be winning a league .

Mid table, seriously!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Under Neilson this is the reality.

It's great having a bit of a laugh and some banter on here but I'm genuinely concerned about the upcoming campaign.

Hope I have to eat some humble pie but can't see it.

i wish jj was my dad

I certainly want the players and staff going into the campaign thinking we can win the league.  Its far better than settling for 3rd behind the ugly sisters.

sairyinthat

wait patiently to see how Watt and Sammon combine,likely be a couple of games in before Johnson gets in on the act.Just a little more to add to the squad and were good to go.Janma hoiked lovely.

Ibrahim Tall

The thing that always amuses me about the "we should not accept mediocrity" cats, is the the fact that having high expectations does not promote high achievement. You don't become a winner by just demanding to be one.

Not automatically but it does help, no one ever achieved anything in life by settling for 2nd/3rd/4th best.

The Old Tolbooth

Under Neilson this is the reality.

It's great having a bit of a laugh and some banter on here but I'm genuinely concerned about the upcoming campaign.

Hope I have to eat some humble pie but can't see it.

Me too, I genuinely believe we have a decent enough squad of players to be challenging Aberdeen, but we have a man in charge who hasn't a clue how to get us there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had enough of al the shite on here about how bad we are.

We got unblucky in Europe, on another day we pump them 4-0, it's like getting beat of Morton or Raith, 1/2 in 10 they will get lucky and beat us, they managed it.

Celtic are mince and need UCL money or they will sell.

Rangers are over rated and are no better than Aberdeen, and are on their way to follow their ghost.

Aberdeen we beat the last 3 times, so they aren't very good.

Cut out the red cards, get a midfielder in and we are winninng the thing.

:yas:

Optimism is tremendous but delusion is on a whole different level.

Bazzas right boot

OP will always be remembered as the clown who openly "supported" the vermin in winning the cup. And not just in the one thread either.

Him and his mate, who was thankfully punted, made my skin crawl.

I'm normally very optimistic at the start of a season, (big bet on us last year to finish second) afraid I'm not looking forward to this one.

Never openly supported hibs, give yourself a break.

On a few threads where hibs and ranger's were the options, I went against ranger's, I always will. Doesn't mean I ever supported hibs.

By memory about 15% went against ranger's. So a few other's felt the same way.

You went against hibs, that make you a ranger's supporter?

Give yourself a break , stop going on about hibs and give Hearts your support.

Don't understand why some can't accept a difference if opinion.

Anyway, back on topic, if I can't think we'll win the league before a ball is kicked, then there would be no point in supporting anyone but the team that is favourites for the League.

Nothing fear, you never know!

I want to see us press teams high up the park. I think we've a better chance scoring in transition than with our super slow build up.

But agree with the original post, other teams not that brilliant. Celtic weaker if anything. Suspect Warburton has signed well, but defence looks mince.

One reservation is that I think managers in the league are decent - Wright, McInnes, McIntyre, McGhee know their way around. Hard to outsmart 4 times a season.

Bazzas right boot

I want to see us press teams high up the park. I think we've a better chance scoring in transition than with our super slow build up.

But agree with the original post, other teams not that brilliant. Celtic weaker if anything. Suspect Warburton has signed well, but defence looks mince.

One reservation is that I think managers in the league are decent - Wright, McInnes, McIntyre, McGhee know their way around. Hard to outsmart 4 times a season.

We done this against the Malta team, and won the ball several times, especially in the first half, I think we are best when we do this, also think that Kitchen sitting in the front of the back 4 will allow this to happen more often.

Decent point, however Motherwell never beat us, we beat Aberdeen the last 3 times ( would have gotten draw if we hadn't played basket ball in the last minute). Ross County we beat 3 times, Wright has something over us St Jonstone outplayed us a few times and spanked us at Tynecastle, however I suspect that was Robbie out smarting himself and St Johnstone hasn't been a great fixture for a number of years now, time to change that.

IMO red cards cost us the most points , we fix that we will be double digits better off without doing much else.

Ron Burgundy

This could be the year we win the treble.

Seriously why not?

I'm beginning to actually think we might.

When you break down the teams in the league and a number of other factors there's little for us to be afraid of based on 11 v 11. Problem is too many other things come into play such as refereeing, injuries and the January transfer window.

We should really only be considering Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers in that order as rivals.

Celtic are currently carrying a huge squad and Rodgers doesn't know his best 11. Signed Kolo Toure who is really only a slight upgrade on Ambrose given his age and injury problems they've also signed some forward who already looks like he'd rather be elsewhere. Undoubtedly some real talent in their squad. We then have Rodgers he absolutely shat it when Liverpool shouldve won the league and if things don't go well he'll fold under the media coverage up here. So yes they have enough to win it but they are not all that and of course Europe will play a part in their season.

Aberdeen. Look much of a muchness to last year so will be strong enough. I doubt they'll make it but Europe would have a major impact on them and I could see them 5th or 6th if they got to the groups. I think we're pretty equal to then 11 v 11.

Rangers. Their team bath will be like a scene from cocoon. I honestly think they lack a cutting edge and that team will struggle in the last 3 months with fitness. They have the pre sure of 4 old firm games and joey Barton is a lunatic who could explode at any time and derail their season.

So that's my take. Win probably not but we can't fear this 3.

The first two games will be important. Home and away to the two teams that finished above us last season.

We can't let ourselves fall 6 points behind the leaders after 2 games. 3 or 4 points have to be the goal. 6 would be tremendous. 2 wouldn't be the worst scenario, at worst we'd be 2 behind Aberdeen and Celtic and 4 behind Rangers who would all still have to play each other in this round of 11 fixtures.

We will have 7 games between the Aberdeen and Rangers games, 4 at home, 17 points should be the minimum expectation in these 7 games.

Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen would have played each other by the time we face Rangers at Tynecastle in October, they will drop points so we have to make sure we capitalise on that.

Bazzas right boot

Seriously why not?

I'm beginning to actually think we might.

You never know, but given our progress in both league seasons and lack of in cup games we actually might be closer to the league than a cup!

Thanks for the OP. I'd much rather be going along next week thinking 'we can win this' than feeling defeated before a ball is kicked.

Let's get right behind the team and make some noise.

Carrick1874

Seriously why not?

I'm beginning to actually think we might.  FB_IMG_1464887981679-picsay_zpsuxcukxqn.

Despite our whinges over RN , we did find a decent level of consistency on our first season back.

We only lost 9 league games, 2 coming in the split fixtures and only lost 5 up until the end of February.

Draws stunted us. 11 of them. This is where we talk about being bolder, especially away from home, if we genuinely want to challenge and turn turgid , tight games into 1-0's instead of settling for a point.

Bazzas right boot

Despite our whinges over RN , we did find a decent level of consistency on our first season back.

We only lost 9 league games, 2 coming in the split fixtures and only lost 5 up until the end of February.

Draws stunted us. 11 of them. This is where we talk about being bolder, especially away from home, if we genuinely want to challenge and turn turgid , tight games into 1-0's instead of settling for a point.

I agree, couple of silly draws at home, and when we were winning and comfortable, we then went a tad defensive and the other team equalised, Dundee and Killie at home spring to mind.

This and the red cards, Hamilton away twice, Killie away and Utd away all spring to mind to costing us points.

Had enough of al the shite on here about how bad we are.

We got unblucky in Europe, on another day we pump them 4-0, it's like getting beat of Morton or Raith, 1/2 in 10 they will get lucky and beat us, they managed it.

Celtic are mince and need UCL money or they will sell.

Rangers are over rated and are no better than Aberdeen, and are on their way to follow their ghost.

Aberdeen we beat the last 3 times, so they aren't very good.

Cut out the red cards, get a midfielder in and we are winninng the thing.

Im probably as mad as you made so I agree with this!

Mon the JT's

This thread is another example like many on KB as to why the school holidays are too long and parents need to be hiding their laptops away from the kids.

This thread is another example like many on KB as to why the school holidays are too long and parents need to be hiding their laptops away from the kids.

Telt

Son Of Anarchy

Bet you typed that whilst sucking your thumb and filling your nappie ;)

Bet you typed that whilst sucking your thumb and filling your nappie ;)

Goo goo

I would ****ing love it.

I would genuinely take a season of boring 1-0 wins, if it meant winning the league.

We also just need the other teams around us to consistently take points off each other, getting draws, whilst we continue to rack up the points.

It's unlikely, but possible!

...andFulton'sBaggio

**** aye now this is a thread I can get on board with.

Love the doom merchants that call Neilson spineless yet fail to see the irony in their appeared acceptance we'all be shite.

All that negative energy changed to positive support could really push a team on.

This x 1000

Plus, I've got ?20 on it :)

MacDonald Jardine

Never openly supported hibs, give yourself a break.

On a few threads where hibs and ranger's were the options, I went against ranger's, I always will. Doesn't mean I ever supported hibs.

By memory about 15% went against ranger's. So a few other's felt the same way.

You went against hibs, that make you a ranger's supporter?

Give yourself a break , stop going on about hibs and give Hearts your support.

Don't understand why some can't accept a difference if opinion.

Anyway, back on topic, if I can't think we'll win the league before a ball is kicked, then there would be no point in supporting anyone but the team that is favourites for the League.

Nothing fear, you never know!

The last sentence is just nonsense.

How many (sane) supporters of football clubs genuinely think they'll win the league?

Supporting a club is about more than that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The last sentence is just nonsense.

How many (sane) supporters of football clubs genuinely think they'll win the league?

Supporting a club is about more than that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The last sentence? Way too generous!

Archived