Tony Watt BBC Article

Cliffundo

Seymour M Hersh

First thing he gets out in the BBC interview - I am a Celtic fan.

You better be good son...............lol

To be fair he was asked a loaded question by that pencil necked dickhead of a "reporter".

First thing he gets out in the BBC interview - I am a Celtic fan.

You better be good son...............lol

So was Sir Paul of Hartley........

andsoitbegins

Don't care what team a player supports, as long as he does the job he's paid to do. What excuse do our foreign strikers have for being pants if they don't care about Scottish football?

We_are_the_Hearts

So was Sir Paul of Hartley........

Not forgetting the Legend that is John Colquhoun, what a player

alwaysthereinspirit

assuming he's being honest in his desire to get back on track, what do Hearts have to lose by bringing him in?

Came across this, not sure if it's been posted yet in the other threads.

20 goals easy, if he stays fit. The music makes me want to take E and dance with Europeans.

J Cheever Loophole

Not forgetting the Legend that is John Colquhoun, what a player

Roger Whittaker

Roger Whittaker

Stevie Fulton

Criticising Watt for coming out and saying this is utterly ridiculous imho

Seymour M Hersh

Stevie Fulton

I said it earlier on the thread but the mods removed it. The first question he was asked was a loaded one (about his goal against Barcelona). The BBC reporter who asked it is a horrible little pencil necked individual who dislikes HMFC.  

J Cheever Loophole

Stevie Fulton

It's childish or smacks of bigotry, the welks!

Konrad von Carstein

I said it earlier on the thread but the mods removed it. The first question he was asked was a loaded one (about his goal against Barcelona). The BBC reporter who asked it is a horrible little pencil necked individual who dislikes HMFC.

Who is the bbc reporter?

Maroon Sailor

Who is the bbc reporter?

I've a feeling it might be that wee bawbag Sutherland

Seymour M Hersh

I've a feeling it might be that wee bawbag Sutherland

Yes that's him. I'd forgotten the nonentities name.

The Old Tolbooth

Any one can talk a good game, let's see it on the park son!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seymour M Hersh

Any one can talk a good game, let's see it on the park son!

Or?  ::troll:::'>

Seymour M Hersh

No they didn't. Apologies mods I'm just blind as a bat!  :jj:

The Old Tolbooth

Or? ::troll:::'>

Ha ha, I'm too old for that stuff nowadays mate [emoji3]

Francis Albert

Maybe as a slight counterbalance to Tony's self promotion here is the Charlton manager in my local freesheet this week.

"Russell Slade wants striker Tony Watt to rediscover his "mojo" while on loan at Hearts. Watt, sealed a season-long loan move to the Scottish club last week following a turbulent period in SE7. Slade said: "In the end it was the best move for him to go and play some football there, to try and get his mojo back and to get back on track, really. He's playing for a club 25 minutes from his house and he needs to go up there and do very well".

Sounds more hope than expection and maybe relief at having got shot of him for a year.

I will of course be delighted if he "gets his mojo back" and bangs in 20 goals, and for one season maybe worth the gamble.

Do wonder slightly why from being primarily concerned with character in new players we are now a rehabilitation home for an out of sorts League 1 player with a bad reputation.

Wonder if Watt is going to be deployed in the Stephen Elliott role, wide of Sammon who would occupy the Kyle role?

Wonder if Watt is going to be deployed in the Stephen Elliott role, wide of Sammon who would occupy the Kyle role?

Seemed to be playing that role,though on the right, in some of the youtube vids. Think he'd be played wide in a front 3.

Seemed to be playing that role,though on the right, in some of the youtube vids. Think he'd be played wide in a front 3.

That's what I suspect. A front three made up of Watt, Sammon, Johnsen. Muirhead and Juanma able to come in if needed. Only thing with that is though, Nicholson and Walker would maybe find their chances and role in the team being changed slightly. Maybe we are trying to put together a squad which can play a variety of formations. The fact that many of our attacking players are reportedly comfortable in wide positions and as out and out strikers maybe suggests this too. I was surprised to see Muirhead taking corners when he came on v Birkirkara and he spent his time on the pitch wider and coming in from the right.

Current options to accommodate a front three would probably be some kind of variation on this:

Hamilton

Paterson/Smith - ?zt?rk - Rossi - Rherras

Buaben/Cowie - Kitchen - Djoum

Watt - Sammon - Johnsen

On second thoughts looking at that, I'm not really sure that's a strong enough midfield to support three forwards! Would leave Jamie and Sam kicking their heels too, which would see zero creativity other than what Johnsen and Watt could conjure up.

Changed my mind, don't think we will see a front three very often. :lol:

Current options to accommodate a front three would probably be some kind of variation on this:

Hamilton

Watt - Sammon - Johnsen

On second thoughts looking at that, I'm not really sure that's a strong enough midfield to support three forwards! Would leave Jamie and Sam kicking their heels too, which would see zero creativity other than what Johnsen and Watt could conjure up.

Think our attackers are sorted. Would like to see a CM addition but do think Djoum and Walker could provide great service with the right support. I'd also think of having Nicholson or Walker as part of the front 3 if they are on form.

Certainly have the players for various formations, hope we can get the balance right. Tried to come up with my strongest 11, but impossible! Haven't written off Cowie, and know we can depend on Buaben to be solid, but feel we will either sign another CM or hope a current player steps up a gear.

Think our attackers are sorted. Would like to see a CM addition but do think Djoum and Walker could provide great service with the right support. I'd also think of having Nicholson or Walker as part of the front 3 if they are on form.

Certainly have the players for various formations, hope we can get the balance right. Tried to come up with my strongest 11, but impossible! Haven't written off Cowie, and know we can depend on Buaben to be solid, but feel we will either sign another CM or hope a current player steps up a gear.

Yeah, looks like we are going for a squad of players who can on paper fill different roles. If Walker and Sam were put in to a front three it would leave two of our four recent forward signings on the bench or in the stand. Whatever formation or set up you think of, one or two players that you would expect to be first team picks don't automatically seem to fit a role, so just like Billy King, I can see a few players getting a bit frustrated at not playing every week.

We might go 3-4-3.

Would be interesting....

Hamilton

Souttar

Ozturk

Rossi

Paterson

Djoum

Kitchen

Rherras

Watt

Johnsen

Walker

Would like to see us try this formation at least...

Seymour M Hersh

Hamilton

Watt - Sammon - Johnsen

I'd always want to see Jamie Walker starting mothy.

We might go 3-4-3.

Would be interesting....

Hamilton

Souttar

Ozturk

Rossi

Paterson

Djoum

Kitchen

Rherras

Watt

Johnsen

Walker

Could do. Again it would mean probable first team players not guaranteed a start ie Nicholson, Buaben and Sammon. Does appear that whatever way we slice it regarding formations, not many players can expect to be guaranteed starters, which can be good or bad, depending on their attitude.

Could do. Again it would mean probable first team players not guaranteed a start ie Nicholson, Buaben and Sammon. Does appear that whatever way we slice it regarding formations, not many players can expect to be guaranteed starters, which can be good or bad, depending on their attitude.

I happen to think Sammon would do ok in that formation also.

I happen to think Sammon would do ok in that formation also.

I would think so too. Only point I'm making really, is however you set up our current squad in to an eleven for match day, there are players not starting who you would probably think of as 'first picks'. This is a good thing for strength in depth, but it's quite dependent on the attitude of the individuals. King for example was unhappy at not playing every week, and at 22 you can sympathise, he needs games to kick on. Someone like the much maligned Cowie however, is probably more content to play less games and not become demotivated. Clubs like Celtic can carry large squads and keep good players happy while not playing every week because they get paid well and when they do play, it's often at a higher level and they can justify it to themselves because the club they play for is considered stronger (prestige etc). A 'squad player at Hearts will have his agent constantly telling him he needs to play first team football or move on.

Archived