Tony Watt BBC Article

Cliffundo

Worry with this one is he does well and Celtic take note again

That doesn't worry me, he's only on loan a season if he does really well he'll be picked up by a team with more to offer sadly, if he gives us a good season that'll do me.

That's the problem with Loan spells.  I think in all honesty though if he's banging in the goals for us he'd be off anyway.  

I actually have higher hopes for Bjorn Johnsen in that he will get plenty of goals for us and as we did with Sow, we will get a decent fee for him further down the line. 

Son Of Anarchy

Its a win win situation for us. We get a talented player who can score goals on a season loan, he gets a shop window to show he's started afresh . really think he could be massive for us this season and wish him the very best wearing the maroon of the famous.

Its a win win situation for us. We get a talented player who can score goals on a season loan, he gets a shop window to show he's started afresh . really think he could be massive for us this season and wish him the very best wearing the maroon of the famous.

Aye, it's been the rebirth for many talented players in years gone by.  He offers something different in terms of what we have up front also.

The Official Club website needs to sort his name out on his picture though.  It's not flattering considering he's stated he has matured now lol

letsalllaughathobos

Watt and Johnson could end up a special partnership, if watt does well he may want to stay at hearts, he may settle here

Buffalo Bill

I hope that he does so well that they do.

I'm certain he'll be a quality addition.

Hopefully he finds a good partnership with one of our strikers.

High hopes for the TW. Get what some are saying, in that if Watt does really well it will be dificult to keep him. To me though that's a bit like worrying how we will hold onto our players if we win the league! Let's just enjoy things and take them as they come, no point stressing about HMFC as 99% of us on here have no real influence on club strategy.

High hopes for the TW. Get what some are saying, in that if Watt does really well it will be dificult to keep him. To me though that's a bit like worrying how we will hold onto our players if we win the league! Let's just enjoy things and take them as they come, no point stressing about HMFC as 99% of us on here have no real influence on club strategy - despite how some posters/fans act, I should add.

We_are_the_Hearts

Just hope we remember he is still only 22 and give him 5 or 6 games before judging

Winston Ingram

To be honest, he can say all the right things all he wants.. proof will be in how he performs. Garry O'Connor used to give really good interviews, speak about growing up etc and look what happened there.

Key time for Watt will be from about October onwards. I fully expect him to hit the ground running now he has a fresh start but the tendency to chuck it thereafter is a live one. Then we will see how mature he really is. 

Maroon Sailor

To be honest, he can say all the right things all he wants.. proof will be in how he performs. Garry O'Connor used to give really good interviews, speak about growing up etc and look what happened there.

Key time for Watt will be from about October onwards. I fully expect him to hit the ground running now he has a fresh start but the tendency to chuck it thereafter is a live one. Then we will see how mature he really is.

Very difficult for players to change their ways.

Only a matter of time before Joey Barton riles opposition players and fans alike.

Edit: He's already done that before the season has kicked off. Won't be long before it kicks off, in more ways than one, with Barton at the centre of it all.

Say what you like Garry Oconnor played well in the SPL

Re the loan thing - didn't someone say we do have a sign option at the end of the year?

Say what you like Garry Oconnor played well in the SPL

Re the loan thing - didn't someone say we do have a sign option at the end of the year?

The option to sign him could well be a good thing if he settles and strikes up a good partnership with one of the strikers.  Fingers crossed this is indeed the case and we get the best out of him.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Him and Johnsen up front against Celtic please.

Two upfront against Celtic, don't get carried away now. Ha ha !

Malcolm Tucker

Two upfront against Celtic, don't get carried away now. Ha ha !

We played 2 up front against Celtic last season tbf mate.

All roads lead to Gorgie

We played 2 up front against Celtic last season tbf mate.

One of them was Duada though. I know he scored to avoid any undue stick. Ha ha !

Malcolm Tucker

One of them was Duada though. I know he scored to avoid any undue stick. Ha ha !

We played all possible partnerships at some stage against Celtic :lol:

Reilly/Sow

Reilly/Juanma

Sow/Reilly

Juanma/Sow

Juanma/Dauda

I do understand your point though!

With the amount of strikers we now have at our disposable, and with their different attributes hopefully suiting each other, I'm hopeful we'll play 2-up at most times this season.

Watt/Johnsen jumps out as No.1 partnership but you never know, Juanma/Sammon/Muirhead may surprise!

Reilly/Sow

Reilly/Juanma

Sow/Reilly

Juanma/Sow

Juanma/Dauda

With the amount of strikers we now have at our disposable, and with their different attributes hopefully suiting each other, I'm hopeful we'll play 2-up at most times this season.

Watt/Johnsen jumps out as No.1 partnership but you never know, Juanma/Sammon/Muirhead may surprise!

You know the script by now mate. People just invent shit to have a pop day in day out.

We had folk saying we played a containment game 'yet again' last week. It might have been shite but it wasn't containment.

If he does well for us then surely Charlton Athletic get a decent transfer fee, I'm sure he's under contract at the Valley till 2018

All roads lead to Gorgie

Reilly/Sow

Reilly/Juanma

Sow/Reilly

Juanma/Sow

Juanma/Dauda

I wasn't being really serious with my first post but I agree we did try to play with two in last season's games. Our lack of quality in midfield meant they had to feed off scraps though. We need to up our game in that area and find a partnership up front that works and stick with it. Watt could be the main man in that partnership if he is determined to prove he has it in him.

What he needs is a good run of first team football. He's not really played more than a dozen games in a season for anyone except at Charlton who were crap.

What we need is someone who's prepared to grasp that opportunity. Juanma is lazy. I can't tell is Sammon is lazy or just low on confidence or plain shite. And obviously who knows what Johnsen will bring.

Bazzas right boot

Wouldn't worry too much he is on loan.

Any of our players that play well will get interest form other clubs.

You suggesting that you hope he's shite so no one is interested in him?

Bit of a strange comment.

Attacking Midfielder, like Hartley?

Left wing, bookmark if you wish.

I would like to think we've got a similar deal to the one we had in place when we signed Rudi on loan....a pre agreed price if we want a permanent deal.

Liking the sound of this guy :) but does he know the offside rule and if he does maybe he can teach Juanma it.

Wouldn't worry too much he is on loan.

Any of our players that play well will get interest form other clubs.

You suggesting that you hope he's shite so no one is interested in him?

Bit of a strange comment.

If he does well I could see Celtic coming back in for him. Kind of looks like his time in England might be at an end. Although his personal situation might be a shorter term thing.

If he's intent in staying in Scotland beyond his loan then we might have a chance of keeping him if Charlton are sympathetic to his wishes.

Who knows. One thing though - if he's at it then we've got a proper player on our hands

Maroon Sailor

If he does well I could see Celtic coming back in for him. Kind of looks like his time in England might be at an end. Although his personal situation might be a shorter term thing.

If he's intent in staying in Scotland beyond his loan then we might have a chance of keeping him if Charlton are sympathetic to his wishes.

Who knows. One thing though - if he's at it then we've got a proper player on our hands

Keeping fit will be his biggest challenge.

Stays fit and I think he'll do well for us

First thing he gets out in the BBC interview - I am a Celtic fan.

You better be good son...............lol

Liking the sound of this guy :) but does he know the offside rule and if he does maybe he can teach Juanma it.

I don't think Juanma is going to be here to learn anything. I reckon he'll be gone before we play celtic. Two signings lined up and they need wages to complete. Juanma looks likely to go back to Spain.

That doesn't worry me, he's only on loan a season if he does really well he'll be picked up by a team with more to offer sadly, if he gives us a good season that'll do me.

According to some on here the loan deal includes the option to buy after a year. I presume price has been agreed. So if he's any good we get a good player or we buy/sell him on.

Doesnt score against Celtic and he'll be trending on twitter as Whatt guaranteed

Maroon Sailor

I don't think Juanma is going to be here to learn anything. I reckon he'll be gone before we play celtic. Two signings lined up and they need wages to complete. Juanma looks likely to go back to Spain.

So much for Juanma using Hearts as a stepping stone to play in England. He would struggle to get a game for Fleetwood Town

Son Of Anarchy

Other than him saying he'd like to be here/home etc for a year or two, where has the "option to buy" bit come from?

John mcCartney

his youtube stuff is very impressive

hoping tone is the key to all this ****ing planning that levein/neilson keep banging on about

learn with tone

gashauskis9

Expect him to deliberately miss a penalty against them.

So was Sir Paul Hartley, and look how that turned out for us.  :2thumbsup:

Why would you worry about Hearts players doing well?

You know the script by now mate. People just invent shit to have a pop day in day out.

We had folk saying we played a containment game 'yet again' last week. It might have been shite but it wasn't containment.

I heard a guy walking out of the Birkirkara game complaining to his mate that our problem is that we give the opposition a goal in every game and make life hard for ourselves. Presumably he forgot about Alexander's clean sheet record.

Expect him to deliberately miss a penalty against them.

No worse than our current pen takers then.

Archived