How are they getting on with that punishment for the Hampden pitch invasion?

Hammys goal celebrations

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good servant for us though

I used to speak to his late grandad sometimes, he was really proud of his grandson and rightly so, Lee played for Hearts at the time and his grandad told me had interest from Rangers and that Lee would definitely be interested. Wallace was an excellent player who despite supporting Hibs as a kid showed loyalty to every club he played for, on and off the field, as a proper vermin player Riordan would testify. Lee probably should have taken his chance to move on when Rangers were liquidated but that was his choice.

You on the other hand, are Hibs, but without the redeeming qualities of Wallace. You are spending your time on a Hearts website pretending to support your rivals. :lol:

I have to say that I couldn't give the slightest **** about arrests. I want the club fined, and fined hard.

Oh, and... Bang on the cash!

I just want big fines for the club.

Ron Burgundy

Oh, and... Bang on the cash!

I just want big fines for the club.

I'm greedy. Ideally every rat on the pitch given a life ban and big fines.

Not gonna happen but I can dream.

Angus Young

so far there has only been 55 Arrests and no fine or sanction imposed on the vermin there were thousands on that pitch this is not good enough.

I'm greedy. Ideally every rat on the pitch given a life ban and big fines.

Not gonna happen but I can dream.

The fans getting their erses felt would be a bonus right enough. Want Hibs absolutely hammered with fines though. :)

Footballfirst
The Future's Maroon

It's going to take a while to get through that 52 page report (51 pages would have been better)!!

52 pages to tell us no one was to blame. Just one of those things....seems to be the verdict so both clubs off the hook.

Rangers not best pleased...

RANGERS will take time to consider fully the findings of the report into the pitch invasion by Hibernian supporters at the end of the Scottish Cup final and make further comment at the appropriate time.

At present we wish to do nothing that might detract from the team?s first match back in Scottish football?s top flight.

We can state however that we will be seeking an urgent meeting with the author of the report, Sheriff Principal Edward Bowen, the Scottish FA?s Chief Executive Stewart Regan and his Compliance Officer, Tony McGlennan.

It is imperative that we gain insight into the underlying basis for the findings in the report given that we consider it contains a number of factual inaccuracies and contradictions. It is right that the Club gives the author and requisitioner of the report the opportunity to comment on our concerns prior to making a conclusive statement.

It is to be hoped that the Scottish FA, as they begin considering this report and the appropriate punishments, remember vividly what actually occurred on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at the National Stadium when Hibernian fans were allowed to invade the field of play and attack Rangers players and staff, who were offered little protection.

The Future's Maroon

Had a very quick skim through it, mainly having a go at Hampdump, blaming Hibs players firstly for making physical contact with supporters after a goal, then goes on to say Hibs fans were to blame in the main (pitch invasion) - which how the hell its taken months for that to be worked out I do not know - also says a handful of Rangers fans reacted.

A 52-page report, which took months.....anyone who watched the game, or even just from final whistle onwards for 20mins, could have figured that out.

Oh, and I am guessing this tube will have been paid very handsomely for this 'report'? 

Had a very quick skim through it, mainly having a go at Hampdump, blaming Hibs players firstly for making physical contact with supporters after a goal, then goes on to say Hibs fans were to blame in the main (pitch invasion) - which how the hell its taken months for that to be worked out I do not know - also says a handful of Rangers fans reacted.

A 52-page report, which took months.....anyone who watched the game, or even just from final whistle onwards for 20mins, could have figured that out.

Oh, and I am guessing this tube will have been paid very handsomely for this 'report'?

In summary for free.

Hibs fans ran on the pitch

Hibs fans taunted and physically abused at a rangers player

Hibs fans made their way to the end the rangers fans were housed

After provocation Rangers fans entered the pitch and fighting broke out.

Police were outside and stewards don't get paid enough to stop that kind of trouble.

Hibs to blame fine them heavily.

Report ends.

David McCaig

I've had a quick read of the summary from page 42 onwards and it effectively says nothing.

The Future's Maroon

In summary for free.

Hibs fans ran on the pitch

Hibs fans taunted and physically abused at a rangers player

Hibs fans made their way to the end the rangers fans were housed

After provocation Rangers fans entered the pitch and fighting broke out.

Police were outside and stewards don't get paid enough to stop that kind of trouble.

Hibs to blame fine them heavily.

Report ends.

:2thumbsup:

Pretty much sums everything up.

jambo-in-furness

4.5.1. Any spectator invading the field of play to be banned?

And later on it stated only 2 of the Hibs fans entering the field of play were not on Hibs database, so they know all of them bar 2, Hibs should surely be taking steps to ban all the fans who invaded the pitch, we will see.

52 pages to tell us no one was to blame. Just one of those things....seems to be the verdict so both clubs off the hook.

I think it's always been pretty clear that neither club really did anything specific that caused or contributed directly to what happened. However the report specifically and often relates to the 200 or so Hibs fans who went on to the pitch intent on something other than celebration. Given that the competition rules state that clubs are vicariously responsible for the conduct of their supporters at competition matches I expect Hibs to be punished but not Rangers. What that punishment is is now up to the compliance officer. I would expect no more than a fine, perhaps suspended in part. Not very many of those 200 Hibs fans frequently mentioned appear to have been traced and charged as yet. I imagine that enquiry still has a bit to go before its wound up.

Frankly the independent report is an almost complete waste of time and money. It's two principal recommendations being to replace the moat wires with something better and build a retractable tunnel. Whoop de do!!

4.5.1. Any spectator invading the field of play to be banned?

And later on it stated only 2 of the Hibs fans entering the field of play were not on Hibs database, so they know all of them bar 2, Hibs should surely be taking steps to ban all the fans who invaded the pitch, we will see.

That isn't what it says at all.

It refers to those traced so far and states only 2 from the Hibs end were not on Hibs database. As far as I am aware less than 60 fans have so far been traced, interviewed and charged and most of them are Rangers fans.

Footballfirst

The Bears won't be happy with this paragraph.

7.1.8. There was evidence that in the course of the Match sections of the crowd in West Stand merited greater Police attention than those in the East. This was because of the discharge of pyrotechnics and the singing of sectarian songs. That said, when the pitch invasion occurred the overwhelming majority of Rangers supporters behaved properly and many simply left the Stadium. A small number allowed themselves to be taunted by the Hibs fans to the point of invading the pitch for the purpose of physical confrontation.

Rangers not best pleased...

RANGERS will take time to consider fully the findings of the report into the pitch invasion by Hibernian supporters at the end of the Scottish Cup final and make further comment at the appropriate time.

At present we wish to do nothing that might detract from the team?s first match back in Scottish football?s top flight.

We can state however that we will be seeking an urgent meeting with the author of the report, Sheriff Principal Edward Bowen, the Scottish FA?s Chief Executive Stewart Regan and his Compliance Officer, Tony McGlennan.

It is imperative that we gain insight into the underlying basis for the findings in the report given that we consider it contains a number of factual inaccuracies and contradictions. It is right that the Club gives the author and requisitioner of the report the opportunity to comment on our concerns prior to making a conclusive statement.

It is to be hoped that the Scottish FA, as they begin considering this report and the appropriate punishments, remember vividly what actually occurred on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at the National Stadium when Hibernian fans were allowed to invade the field of play and attack Rangers players and staff, who were offered little protection.

Can't honestly say that I disagree with any of that statement, it seems fair comment from what I watched on TV.

Will be interesting to see what they do about sectarian singing too. Cant brush this one under the carpet

Hibs are going to get away with any wrong doing

I am struggling to see what Hibs FC, the club themselves, did wrong ?

The Bears won't be happy with this paragraph.

7.1.8. There was evidence that in the course of the Match sections of the crowd in West Stand merited greater Police attention than those in the East. This was because of the discharge of pyrotechnics and the singing of sectarian songs. That said, when the pitch invasion occurred the overwhelming majority of Rangers supporters behaved properly and many simply left the Stadium. A small number allowed themselves to be taunted by the Hibs fans to the point of invading the pitch for the purpose of physical confrontation.

it wouldn't surprise me if that is what the statement they released is about. didn't the author know you dont mention sectarian singing in relation to either of the OF?

Rudi-Robertson

You reek of vermin. Enjoy the championship hobo

I think we should only punish the fans and never the club. I see absolutely no harm at all in clubs not taking responsibility for the behaviour of their supporters within a football stadium.

:cornette:

In Scotland, Hibs did nothing wrong, because the SFA or SPFL haven't adopted UEFA's Strict Liability rules.

Interesting deflection tactic. No idea how you're still here.

jambo-in-furness

That isn't what it says at all.

It refers to those traced so far and states only 2 from the Hibs end were not on Hibs database. As far as I am aware less than 60 fans have so far been traced, interviewed and charged and most of them are Rangers fans.

I suggest you read 8.4.1. Again - only two individuals who encroached upon the pitch purportedly as Hibs fans have not been traced to the Hibs database, that to me says all but 2 fans on the pitch from the Hibs end we're not on Hibs database.

I suggest you read 8.4.1. Again - only two individuals who encroached upon the pitch purportedly as Hibs fans have not been traced to the Hibs database, that to me says all but 2 fans on the pitch from the Hibs end we're not on Hibs database.

Not disputing what the report says, but I'm not convinced your interpretation can be right....

I just don't believe that of the couple of thousand on the pitch, every single person has been identified, traced, and cross referenced to Hibs database - except for two.

:unsure:

jambo-in-furness

Not disputing what the report says, but I'm not convinced your interpretation can be right....

I just don't believe that of the couple of thousand on the pitch, every single person has been identified, traced, and cross referenced to Hibs database - except for two.

:unsure:

I hear what you say, but a detailed report like this cannot leave scope for interpretations.

In Scotland, Hibs did nothing wrong, because the SFA or SPFL haven't adopted UEFA's Strict Liability rules.

I believe The Scottish cup competition rules impose strict liability for clubs in regard to the conduct of their fans

Yes it's not very well worded. I read it in conjunction with their assertion that they are sure both clubs only sold to their own data base. It's a bit of a stretch and a bit misleading to give the impression that only two in the whole Hibs end we're not on the database though. I guess they know who tickets were sold to, so in that sense they know more or less who was there. It doesn't take account of the fact that many tickets would have been bought by database members and passed on to non members.

Doctor FinnBarr

Oh FFS, ma sides, this is like the pot calling the kettle green

Seymour M Hersh

I believe The Scottish cup competition rules impose strict liability for clubs in regard to the conduct of their fans

So you've just contradicted your previous post.

Pants Shaton

It is ESSENTIAL that Hibernian are hammered for this.

What happened was 100x worse than when that clown tried to take Lennon out at Tynecastle.

Carrick1874

What happened was 100x worse than when that clown tried to take Lennon out at Tynecastle.

It'll never happen as the SFA will have to hammer Rangers as well and that's something they have a history of sidestepping.

Nookie Bear

Gives us the green light for some exuberance on Sunday.

Stuart Lyon

This match was managed by the SFA so are they not ultimately are responsible? Can't see them fining themselves though.

The Old Tolbooth

Someone has to pay for all the damage caused, the insurance companies won't like having to shell out around a million bucks for damage to advertising hoardings and the pitch/goal posts etc.

I'd imagine the insurance company will use subrogation (the right to claim back monies from a third party, which would be Hibs), and we'll never get to hear about it, and the cost of damage to the stadium will/should be deducted from any prize money that Hibs should receive, which we will never hear about either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived