Top Scorer

RS86

Who do you predict will bag the most goals this year. I'm going to predict Sammon who will get at least 10, hopefully Walker with a similar tally. Watt and the new lad could both hit the ground running though fingers crossed.

Over to you KB

Juanma again for me, if he sticks around.

For the League in general, probably hard to see past Griffiths but Dodoo (spelling?) at Rangers is a nice 50/1 and has done well in pre season - you never know.

Our top goalscorers goals will consist mainly of penalties and set piece goals I fear.  We have nothing in our arsenal except that.

Harvey Specter

I predict that we'll score goals from all over the pitch with various players chipping in as per previous seasons. 

I'm not sure how much game time Juanma will get with our new additions up front. Sammon, Watt and Johnsen are all unknown to us at this stage therefore it's impossible to predict how well they'll do. I'd absolutely love it if we had a 20+ goal striker amongst them but if not, we haven't had one of them for many years and we've managed fine.

1) Johnsen - 13

2) Watt - 10

3) Walker - 7

4) Sammon - 6

5) Rossi - 5

Rest will be spread out around the team I reckon. Can't see us being prolific scorers this season and we'll scrape quite a few results. I do hope we play Johnsen and Watt up from the start though, teams know how to play guys like Juanma and Sammon, thise two should give us something different that teams will need to think about more.

Fitness being a big factor of course I think it will be Watt but Johnsen looks like a tough player to deal with.

Fort Vallance

Our top goalscorers goals will consist mainly of penalties and set piece goals I fear.  We have nothing in our arsenal except that.

Not Buaben then.

Not Buaben then.

Sadly I think we will get less penalties this year.  Most of our penalties last season came in the first half of the season when we had players like Sammy running into the box and causing trouble. We wont win so many from long balls.

Malcolm Tucker

Tony Watt will be our top goalscorer I reckon, Johnsen will get a few and Sammon will get a few.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sadly I think we will get less penalties this year. Most of our penalties last season came in the first half of the season when we had players like Sammy running into the box and causing trouble. We wont win so many from long balls.

Did we not have a pen on Thursday and another shout later on from dribbling?

Must have imagined it

Buffalo Bill

If he plays well and stays fit, Tony Watt will be very handy in front of goal. 

scott herbertson

walker, then Bjorn, sammon , then watt. A fair few from Paterson as well

scott herbertson

Don't want to be a Jonah, but before the Kickback 'build em up and then knock them down' process goes into full swing, Watt's never scored more than 9 goals in a season yet, including 7 in 25 games for Celtic, so he's not really a 'goal machine'. I think he'll be great for us but I think the goals will come from Bjorn, Walker and Sammon.

not got a clue. We have no idea if Watt or Johnson will be any good, or if Juanma will still be here.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bjorn by a distance.

Bjorn again. A lot of us paying tribute to him already.

Our top goalscorers goals will consist mainly of penalties and set piece goals I fear. We have nothing in our arsenal except that.

This time last week I'd have agreed but it's a bit unfair on the Watt and Johnsen to say that.

Gordon Ramsay

Struggle to create chances from open play so it'll probably end up being Rossi from set pieces.

IveSeenTheLight

Tony Watt will be our top goalscorer I reckon, Johnsen will get a few and Sammon will get a few.

What makes you think Watt will be so prolific.

Doesn't seem so, so far in his career. roughly a 1 in 5 ratio.

The lad Johnsen may be a good shout if he adapts to Hearts and the SPFL.

What makes you think Watt will be so prolific.

Doesn't seem so, so far in his career. roughly a 1 in 5 ratio.

The lad Johnsen may be a good shout if he adapts to Hearts and the SPFL.

It's closer to 1 in 2 for starts though.

Don't expect us to have anyone in double figures and I'll go for Johnsen as top.

IveSeenTheLight

It's closer to 1 in 2 for starts though.

I see he has 35 in 149.

Where do you see the breakdown in starts and goals scored when starting.

Last season he was 7 goals in 37 appearances.

He may be a great signing for you but apart from 9 months at Lierse (8 in 16), his overall average is 1 in 5.

Also seems to have had issues at a number of clubs, he may be great but is still a risk unless RN or CL can get the best out of him.

If it's Sammon then I think we'll have had a terrible season.

Unless we are rattling shots in left, right and centre and hes picking up all the scraps ;)

Unless we are rattling shots in left, right and centre and hes picking up all the scraps ;)

Maybe, I'll be delighted to be wrong!

Depends if we start creating any chances, our strikers will be lucky to get 10 between them the way we play.

Johnsen to narrowly pip Watt. 9-8 or so. Walker, Djoum, Sammon, Paterson(*), Rossi, Nicholson, Rherras, Muirhead, Grandma all to score between 3 and 7.

(*) If staying / if permitted to cross halfway line / if not having a terrible attitude, etc etc.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I see he has 35 in 149.

Where do you see the breakdown in starts and goals scored when starting.

Last season he was 7 goals in 37 appearances.

He may be a great signing for you but apart from 9 months at Lierse (8 in 16), his overall average is 1 in 5.

Also seems to have had issues at a number of clubs, he may be great but is still a risk unless RN or CL can get the best out of him.

If Rooney finds it easy Tony will

I reckon Johnsen and Watt to both get in the region of 10. I doubt either will start every game up front. If we favour one striker up front then I can see them splitting game time.

I'm not sure until it's clear if we are playing two up front or not. If we aren't, it will depend on the one favourite.

I'm not sure until it's clear if we are playing two up front or not. If we aren't, it will depend on the one favourite.

This might not be clear even 10 games in tbh though

Archived