Floyd Mayweather

rossi_1983

rossi_1983

Just on BBC website ticker tape thing that he has retired!

Absolutely class boxer, who has dominated the pound-for-pound ranking for years.

He has been talking about retiring for a while, but didn't think he would go through with it. I guess there just isn't any decent challenges left for him after he comfortably beat Hatton. He could have gone on for years fighting average guys for an easy payday.

christhejambo

He'll be like any other boxer when it comes to retiring- hell be out of retirement as soon as someone comes along with a big pay day. Whether that is a Hatton, De la Hoya, or somone else- he is still young enough to go on for a bit yet, so i'd be very surprised if that was it for him to be honest

rossi_1983
He'll be like any other boxer when it comes to retiring- hell be out of retirement as soon as someone comes along with a big pay day. Whether that is a Hatton, De la Hoya, or somone else- he is still young enough to go on for a bit yet, so i'd be very surprised if that was it for him to be honest

I don't think a rematch against either of those would tempt him, as he defeated both fairly comfortably. I think he will only be tempted out of retirement if someone like Cotto starts to dominate the division

Snake Plissken

I think he doesn't fancy a bout with Cotto and is going out now while still considered the best.

Mind you I think Cotto will try to make the fight happen anyway.

Just on BBC website ticker tape thing that he has retired!

Absolutely class boxer, who has dominated the pound-for-pound ranking for years.

He has been talking about retiring for a while, but didn't think he would go through with it. I guess there just isn't any decent challenges left for him after he comfortably beat Hatton. He could have gone on for years fighting average guys for an easy payday.

When I watched the Hatton fight live (****ed I must say) I thought Hatton was ahead for ages, when I watched it sober...........I seen a clynical display by a boxer who knows his limits and boxes well to his skills. A classy performance.

If the Hatton promoters come up with enough money they will bring him out of retirement and fight in Manchester.

Thought he was going to retire after his performance on WWE Wrestlemania.

Would have got riddiculed if he fought again.

Not a bad record to retire on though!

Although Mayweather V Hatton at City of Manchester Stadium or even Wembley would have been something special to see.

If the Hatton promoters come up with enough money they will bring him out of retirement and fight in Manchester.

Do you think the guy needs the cash though?

Would be excellent if it happened.

Maroon Mayhem

He's been training in Jui Juhitsu and wrestling so it looks as if he's going to try the UFC.

Bad move IMO as the top class BJJ guys won't stand, they'll just take him down and submit him in seconds.

Archived