Euro 2008 Match Betting

belly

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth
another wee win today for me as well, put the lot onto portugal for tomorrow.

Could be dodgy, they don't need to win mate.

Don't ask me why, but I feel that Croatia or Portugal will win it.

Have to agree and will add Russia ;)

Dave, i've given up hope mate, I'm following you from now on.

My 20 notes tmrw is following the same path. Fecking useless. First time ever I've not been able to do the bookies out of some money in the big tournie's in many a year.

Well that last nights winnings on a risky treble, Will reveal all on Wednesday night when they don't come in.

jamboinheaven

i had 2 quid on torres 2-1 at 20/1 then put 30 on russia win last night to win 66 quid,im thinking of 20 quid double on portugal and czech rep tonight to win 100 quid.

The Old Tolbooth
i had 2 quid on torres 2-1 at 20/1 then put 30 on russia win last night to win 66 quid,im thinking of 20 quid double on portugal and czech rep tonight to win 100 quid.

Tonights games are 2 games that really could go any way.

The Turks are pretty good when fired up, and the Czechs technically (imo) are better than them.

The portugese won't be fielding their strongest 11 if they have any sense as it's a meaningless match for both them and the Swiss.

Very difficult ones to call.

jamboinheaven
Tonights games are 2 games that really could go any way.

The Turks are pretty good when fired up, and the Czechs technically (imo) are better than them.

The portugese won't be fielding their strongest 11 if they have any sense as it's a meaningless match for both them and the Swiss.

Very difficult ones to call.

thanks for advice,i just feel portugal even with out strongest squad,players who come in wil lwant to prove themselves.and im just chancing it with czech's

just noticed that group games go to extra time and pens if teams are on same points,very exciting

chester copperpot
thanks for advice,i just feel portugal even with out strongest squad,players who come in wil lwant to prove themselves.and im just chancing it with czech's

just noticed that group games go to extra time and pens if teams are on same points,very exciting

Straight to pens mate, no ET.

oh is it,thats even better.

But the bet will only be valid for a win over 90 minutes, unless you are betting who goes through to the next round.

The Old Tolbooth

Backed a draw in the Czech game and didn't risk touching the Swiss game as it's too risky.

Backed a draw in the Czech game and didn't risk touching the Swiss game as it's too risky.

well done m8 Czech winning one nil at the moment, i went for portugal but looking at the bench there could be a problem cause he wont risk any big players for a nothing game..

Oh well thats the risky treble out the window with the demise of the Czechs, only fantasy betting from now on! BTW the other teams in the treble were Germany and Sweden.

The Old Tolbooth

I was counting the candy when Turkey equalised near the end there, the buggers weren't supposed to go on and win it tho ha ha!!

Cracking entertainment that match, it had everything!

As for tonights games, I don't see any real value in betting on either of them to be honest but if I had to pick one, then I'd probably opt for Poland to edge out Croatia as they have already qualified and the Poles need a win.

I can't see the Austrians troubling the Germans too much.

the voice from above
I was counting the candy when Turkey equalised near the end there, the buggers weren't supposed to go on and win it tho ha ha!!

Cracking entertainment that match, it had everything!

As for tonights games, I don't see any real value in betting on either of them to be honest but if I had to pick one, then I'd probably opt for Poland to edge out Croatia as they have already qualified and the Poles need a win.

I can't see the Austrians troubling the Germans too much.

Well unfortunately for you mate they took the cash from your pocket so that they could put it into mine :). Happy days!!!

Czecks half time, Turks full-time 25-1!!! Dancer.

Not sure how I'll go about handing Mr Hills his money back tonight.

Definately fancy the Germans to beat a very poor Austria an ensure qualification.

Not sure about the other game though, Poland have looked awful but the Croatian squad is pretty thin and they're resting their best players so it's a tricky one...

The Old Tolbooth
Well unfortunately for you mate they took the cash from your pocket so that they could put it into mine :). Happy days!!!

Czecks half time, Turks full-time 25-1!!! Dancer.

Not sure how I'll go about handing Mr Hills his money back tonight.

Definately fancy the Germans to beat a very poor Austria an ensure qualification.

Not sure about the other game though, Poland have looked awful but the Croatian squad is pretty thin and they're resting their best players so it's a tricky one...

Ha ha! Nice one mate, you win some you lose some.

I didn't see any value in backing any of the teams tonight so I backed Podolski to be first goal scorer in the Germany game, and Smolarek to do the same in the Polish game.

Not had much success over the tournament even though I have done at least two scorecasts for every game, four top scorer/tournament winners (Not one of the guys I have backed has scored yet) and numerous other bets.

I seen Ladbrokes were offering 5 x ?5 bets if you opened an account and staked a ?10 single. So stuck it on France to beat Romania (BOLLOCKS). But won ?34.98 on my first free bet (Only win so far). If Germany win tonight then the Czech's have cost me ?45 and Italians a similar amount.

My dad had ?2 on Ibrahimovic to score first and Sweden to beat Greece 2-0 at 45/1. But also ?2 on Mutu 2-1 against Italy at 100/1. Spewing.

coppercrutch
Taking aside what happens in the Holland game 20-1 odds for Italy seems mighty high.

If they beat France and Holland do Romania they are back in it big style. Been playing pretty well so far IMO, just cant get the ball in the net !!

Ouch. I now have ?20 on Italy at 12-1 and ?50 on them at 21-1.

And those bookies are never wrong are they. *******s....

Slap it all on the Italians !!!

I have a funny feeling that bounce of Buffons foot last night was their turning point.

Probably not though seeing as I have money on it !!

Not a chance, UEFA have already said that Holland can field a second string against Romania because it means they are using squad rotation well.

The Romanians are 10/11 faves for their game against Holland reserves, which if they won would knock out both France and Italy and give them an easier route to the final.

I don't bet very often. But when I do I put big money on and generally choose something that few other people do.

I do however have a knack of getting it almost right. But not quite.

Still I think I have a pretty good chance.

21-1 for Italy when they still have a chance. You'd have to be MENTAL not to put some cash on that..

:):):)

The Old Tolbooth
I don't bet very often. But when I do I put big money on and generally choose something that few other people do.

21-1 for Italy when they still have a chance. You'd have to be MENTAL not to put some cash on that..

I'm not surprised at Italy winning tonight, but I cant believe Holland have let Italy off the hook and kept them in, it could backfire badly on them although the Dutch do look unstoppable.

chester copperpot

I think Holland are looking great now, especially seen as I've just won ?250 on them.

coppercrutch
I'm not surprised at Italy winning tonight, but I cant believe Holland have let Italy off the hook and kept them in, it could backfire badly on them although the Dutch do look unstoppable.

I think maybe the Dutch just didn't want to stop their momentum ? I do agree they look awesome. However they do that quite often. Italy now play Spain in the Quarters. A few important players out but Spain - Quarters. I would always go for the pizza munchers !!

I think Holland are looking great now, especially seen as I've just won ?250 on them.

Nice one. You have only won when you collect the money !!!

What was your bet out of interest ?

The Old Tolbooth
I think maybe the Dutch just didn't want to stop their momentum ? I do agree they look awesome. However they do that quite often. Italy now play Spain in the Quarters. A few important players out but Spain - Quarters. I would always go for the pizza munchers !!

Nice one. You have only won when you collect the money !!!

What was your bet out of interest ?

I agree re the quarters, I reckon the Spanish will bottle it yet again, although it has the makings of a cracker.

Holland should pish all over Russia or Sweden.

chester copperpot
I agree re the quarters, I reckon the Spanish will bottle it yet again, although it has the makings of a cracker.

Holland or Spain will win me massive money. After tonights games, Im quids in.

coppercrutch

Russia have been playing very well but just lacking a serious cutting edge. I do reckon the Dutch will beat them though.

As for the Spanish I would actually like them to win one of these things soon. Just not this time. ;)

coppercrutch
Holland or Spain will win me massive money. After tonights games, Im quids in.

Only one problem with that.....

It's Pizza time !!!

pizza.jpg

Feck your clogs and Paella...;)

clogs.jpg

paella.jpg

BTW that Paella looks tasty as.........:dribble:

chester copperpot
Russia have been playing very well but just lacking a serious cutting edge. I do reckon the Dutch will beat them though.

As for the Spanish I would actually like them to win one of these things soon. Just not this time. ;)

Booooo racist. ;):107years:

coppercrutch
Booooo racist. ;):107years:

What you talking about. I ****ing love Paella !!

But to be fair I do hate Clogs. Wooden hoofed tulip snorting ginger *******s.

Say What Again

Any of you guys give me a bit of advice on a bet I placed tonight.

After withdrawing ?90 from my account on Monday (Karlsson e/w), I still had ?12.50 in my account today.

I had ?10 on Italy (-1) @ 4/1 (that's been paid out. I have ?50 in my account just now)

With the remaining ?2.50, I bet Del Peiro 1st goal and 2-0 Italy scorecast. Del Peiro didn't play and Italy won 2-0.

Maybe in hope I thought I'd get paid out on a 2-0 single (?2.50). I certainly thought at least I'd get my money back.

Nowt.

I've got my ?50 and that's it. Is that right?

I'm going to bed so will get any advice in the morning. Cheers.

as far as im aware del piero should count as a non runner depends on the bookies rules though i would have thought u should still get the correct score you would if it was with totesport i know that

Any of you guys give me a bit of advice on a bet I placed tonight.

After withdrawing ?90 from my account on Monday (Karlsson e/w), I still had ?12.50 in my account today.

I had ?10 on Italy (-1) @ 4/1 (that's been paid out. I have ?50 in my account just now)

With the remaining ?2.50, I bet Del Peiro 1st goal and 2-0 Italy scorecast. Del Peiro didn't play and Italy won 2-0.

Maybe in hope I thought I'd get paid out on a 2-0 single (?2.50). I certainly thought at least I'd get my money back.

Nowt.

I've got my ?50 and that's it. Is that right?

I'm going to bed so will get any advice in the morning. Cheers.

I think it will be treated as a void bet and you will just get your stake back. As Del Piero had to score 1st for the first part of your bet to run on, the fact that you got the score correct disnae matter unfortunately.:(

Say What Again
I think it will be treated as a void bet and you will just get your stake back. As Del Piero had to score 1st for the first part of your bet to run on, the fact that you got the score correct disnae matter unfortunately.:(

I kind off thought that would be the case, but as it stands just now, they seem to have treated it as a losing bet. I didn't get my stake back.

Say What Again

UPDATE:

I contacted them to find out what happens and they've paid me out on a correct score single. ?2.50 at 9/1.

Another ?25 to lose today.

Happy days.

Sexton Hardcastle

Not bad at all. ?25 on first scorer tonite. its only rite.

Xavi i say, Decent odds as well?

Say What Again
Not bad at all. ?25 on first scorer tonite. its only rite.

Xavi i say, Decent odds as well?

I've had ?10 on Ibrahimovic at 6's

I've had ?10 on Ibrahimovic at 6's

Likewise, but ?5

Also gone for a Sweden Spain double for tonight.:)

Say What Again
Also gone for a Sweden Spain double for tonight.:)

That's my other bet too. ?10 on that.

I hope both your bets come in :)

Sexton Hardcastle

Sweden's main worry is striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who is still struggling with a swollen left knee. - BBC

Pavlyuchenko is my tip for that game. he was superb v's greece.

Say What Again

He's available at 6's too.

I've backed Sweden because I think they'll fluke through. I've really enjoyed watching Russia though and would probably prefer them to go through.

The Old Tolbooth
UPDATE:

I contacted them to find out what happens and they've paid me out on a correct score single. ?2.50 at 9/1.

Another ?25 to lose today.

Happy days.

Crikey, you cant argue with that mate, that's very fair of them :)

Say What Again
Crikey, you cant argue with that mate, that's very fair of them :)

Corals mate.

I only expected my stake back.

betle6.jpg

Era Macaroons

I had blinking Toni to score 1st last night....chopped for pen as hes about to make me rich

and for last goalscorer....hits the f'in woodwork in last seconds....erse.

:(

The Old Tolbooth
Corals mate.

I only expected my stake back.

betle6.jpg

The Corals here is under scrutiny just now because someone won a wedge (over ?50k) and they refused to pay out saying there was something not right with the bet.

The Coral member of staff who took the bet shouldn't have taken it apperently, it's kinda put me off going there, however they have been very fair with your bet mate.

northfieldhearts

Easy Double last night - Italy 7/5 and Holland 15/8

Now Russia & Spain tonight!!

The Old Tolbooth

Chickened out of backing the Spain/Russia double, but thought Arshavin at 3/1 to score at anytime during the game was too good to pass up :)

Say What Again

Did you do him paddy?

The Old Tolbooth
Chickened out of backing the Spain/Russia double, but thought Arshavin at 3/1 to score at anytime during the game was too good to pass up :)

Good times :D

Sexton Hardcastle
Did you do him paddy?

Nah typical. Told you he was a good shout. gutted!

Archived