Pitch

Serge Pizzorno

From what I can find the pitch at Tynecastle is 107 x 74 yards.

The pitch at Easter Road is 112 x 74.

Celtic park is 115 x 75.

The pitch isn't the problem; the gap between the pitch and the stands is UEFAs issue and as for footballing reasons - we don't have any plan on how to play so doesn't really matter.

We've got a short pitch but not a narrow one.

No chance our current pitch is that size. More like 98 x 67.

gorgie rd eh11

Good players and good teams will play on any size of pitch.

I suppose it must be hard to keep coming up with new things to criticise so i suppose the pitch has to take it's turn.

After investigating it seems the pitch was 98 x 68 in 2005 before adjustments took it to 100 x 64.

DxB Hearts

After investigating it seems the pitch was 98 x 68 in 2005 before adjustments took it to 100 x 64.

From what I can see that's meters not yards? Unless I'm missing something I can't see anything that says the pitch at Tynecastle is THAT much thinner than ester roads, Celtic park or anywhere else for that matter. Shorter, yeah, but not 10 yards narrower.

From what I can see that's meters not yards? Unless I'm missing something I can't see anything that says the pitch at Tynecastle is THAT much thinner than ester roads, Celtic park or anywhere else for that matter. Shorter, yeah, but not 10 yards narrower.

Yeah metres. In yards this would be 109 x 70.

It's a few m narrower and shorter. Definitely tighter and noticeable.

We play a team who are fitter than us - probably due to them playing more games than us recently - who are faster and better at passing the ball and we water the pitch at half time, to give them a bigger advantage!  FFS! 

Is there anybody at Tynecastle at the moment who has the first clue?????

Did the ground staff ask the coaches at HT - "do you want us to make the pitch slicker???"  NO - I dont think so.

A small matter - but an example how the club is being run below Ann Budge's remit.  Communication is as bad off the pitch as it is on,

:cornette:  :wtf:

All roads lead to Gorgie

I have a book published in 2012 which states the pitch size as 98m by 68m (107 by 74 yards) I don't know how accurate that is however. When the Wheatfield was first built I had a ST near the front and the track round the pitch seemed to be narrower back then. That could be a false memory though !

Jambo, Goodbye

2 meters either side is fairly significant.

Good players is even more significant.

Lost count the amount of times good teams have come to Tynie and found plenty space on the wings. It's all about range of passing, tempo and accuracy.

A good team can destroy others down the wings if they have a strong passing system, regardless of pitch width.

You'd think that if our pitch was such a hindrance, then the teams who are used to playing on their own mahoosive pitches where they are used to having oodles of space, would come to Tynie and struggle.

You know, teams like maybe Celtic - they clearly struggle adapting to our tiny wee pitch right enough.

Archived