Vegans

Locky

Don't think anyone in here has said they cant. It is their general attitude and preaching which seems to piss people off. If anything it is vegans who are telling people what they should eat.

bang on sir!

The Real Maroonblood

Don't think anyone in here has said they cant. It is their general attitude and preaching which seems to piss people off. If anything it is vegans who are telling people what they should eat.

A family member is a vegan and has never preached to me about what I should eat.

Heard horrible stories about the environmental damage caused in some areas due to soya being grown, trees being cleared in some countries, I'm sure there was an channel 4 programme on it, the point was if vegans and veggies saw what was going they'd think twice about eating all that tofu.

Meat production has a higher carbon footprint than vegetable production.

http://www.greeneatz.com/foods-carbon-footprint.html

Even the act of choosing your meat carefully can reduce your carbon footprint by a lot.

http://shrinkthatfootprint.com/food-carbon-footprint-diet

Neither of the above stops me from being a meat eater, but there's no shortage of evidence out there to suggest that meat production is more damaging to the environment than vegetable production.

You're right about B-12, vegans have to work on that, but I think they get plenty of calcium from soy products.  I'm not vegan, so wtf do I know about it.  As I said earlier, they all seem like a healthy bunch to me.

Provided a balanced diet is being eaten then B12 is the only thing we need to supplement (unless we consume crazy amounts of fortified food) and even then it's just one wee tablet a week. Incidentally non-vegans should also think about supplementing B12; our bodies are pretty much terrible at absorbing it from food and get gradually worse at it as we age.

This is complete bollocks.

Meat eaters are the ones that preach at us and call us fussy eaters etc.

Meat production has a higher carbon footprint than vegetable production.

http://www.greeneatz.com/foods-carbon-footprint.html

Even the act of choosing your meat carefully can reduce your carbon footprint by a lot.

http://shrinkthatfootprint.com/food-carbon-footprint-diet

Neither of the above stops me from being a meat eater, but there's no shortage of evidence out there to suggest that meat production is more damaging to the environment than vegetable production.

I can accept that, you can see the damage done by over grazing by sheep mostly, to the uplands of the UK, I work in the Forest of Bowland in Lancashire, farmers are being paid to block up drainage ditches that put in and are being paid to restore the damage to moorlands that caused, it's a bloody scam!!! I'm a meat eater but I'm carefully where I buy it, lucky enough to be able to get direct from some farms with a better farming model than most. Still, them preachy vegans and veggies get on my tits.

Virtually all scientific studies state that to be a load of nonsense. You'll find soya in various forms in all sorts of foods regardless of whether they're veggie/vegan or not and farm animals are commonly fed soya beans in massive quantities. If it really posed any sort of risk to men there would be widespread evidence, especially in Asia where it's a dietary staple. There isn't. 

Here's my take on it and it's from my own life experience.

Had various vegetarian girlfriends over the years so I've toyed with the idea on a long term basis.

Stuck out vegetarian diet for 3 months and I have to say that I felt no difference whatsoever. It was just a pain in the ass and I missed meat. 3 months was as much as I could tolerate.

Before going back to meat, I tried a vegan diet for 2 weeks. It was awful in that it was difficult, incredibly restrictive, time-consuming and dull and I hated it. I did however feel completely different in my body. Not going to lie but I felt completely amazing. I had so much energy, slept better than ever, felt light and clean and just like a completely different person. No idea about the hows and whys and it was absolutely torturous but it felt so great. Vegetarian made no difference to the way I felt but veganism felt completely different. They were both shit and unsustainable but vegan was absolutely awful. Respect to people who do that to themselves and I can now understand why you do it but it wasn't for me.

Not sure if I explained that well but at least I've tried being a vegan and vegetarian, although only for short times.

Stuart McNeill

The way I see it. If I don't eat the meat then someone else will.

I have nothing against them, it's More the ones that feel sorry for chickens or pigs but don't care about still eat fish etc.. Weird tbh.

Just curious, is it just ten minute peta videos that put most people off meat?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The irony, veggies and vegans are being scolded for not eating a healthy, balanced diet, appears to be lost on those that think meat eaters do haha

michael_bolton

There are two women at my work who are vegans. I don't know either of them, but I do know they are both vegans. Utterly tiresome. "But because I'M A VEGAN", "As a VEGAN", "Well, it's not so easy for VEGANS LIKE US".

Honestly. Die.

Pair of them stink as well. Should really be in the seethe thread.

This is complete bollocks.

Meat eaters are the ones that preach at us and call us fussy eaters etc.

Bring a vegan makes you a fussy eater. So what though, that's you're prerogative. I wouldn't have you round for dinner though.

Each to their own and all that, but...

...wtf is a meat eater?  Okay, I know, it's someone who eats meat.  But presumably it's not someone who eats meat but not vegetables (like a tiger, for instance).  So a meat eater is someone who eats meat and vegetables, and fruit and dairy products, etc.  Or, if you prefer, an omnivore.  Humans are omnivores, and we've got the teeth (unless from Leith) and the digestive systems to prove it.  Do away with all these labels like vegetarian, vegan, piscavore, whatever.  Herbivore, omnivore and carnivore covers it.

The Real Maroonblood

The irony, veggies and vegans are being scolded for not eating a healthy, balanced diet, appears to be lost on those that think meat eaters do haha

Djokovic is only half a vegan and he seems to be doing alright.

Djokovic is only half a vegan and he seems to be doing alright.

Great bum apparently.

Vegetarians I can tolerate. Although, what I really don't understand is vegetarians who eat fish? I've met a few.

My mates other half does :wacko:

Weirder still lassie in work is a veggie who also likes....

Bacon :laugh:

My mates other half does :wacko:

Weirder still lassie in work is a veggie who also likes....

Bacon :laugh:

As I said above - that person is a liar if they are calling themselves a vegetarian.  If you are vegetarian you don't eat dead animals - meat or fish.

I think vegans can have trouble getting enough calcium and particularly vitamin B12.

As someone who eats meat, we can as well! I'm currently going through a helluva time, health wise, due to a severe lack of B12 and I'm currently on medication to help, which I'm hoping sorts it out.

As for who pushes who's agenda, I cant say I've had any vegans who've 'pushed' their ideas onto me. In fact, the vegans I've come across are fairly relaxed and couldnt give two ****s if you eat meat next to them.

Here's my take on it and it's from my own life experience.

Had various vegetarian girlfriends over the years so I've toyed with the idea on a long term basis.

Stuck out vegetarian diet for 3 months and I have to say that I felt no difference whatsoever. It was just a pain in the ass and I missed meat. 3 months was as much as I could tolerate.

Before going back to meat, I tried a vegan diet for 2 weeks. It was awful in that it was difficult, incredibly restrictive, time-consuming and dull and I hated it. I did however feel completely different in my body. Not going to lie but I felt completely amazing. I had so much energy, slept better than ever, felt light and clean and just like a completely different person. No idea about the hows and whys and it was absolutely torturous but it felt so great. Vegetarian made no difference to the way I felt but veganism felt completely different. They were both shit and unsustainable but vegan was absolutely awful. Respect to people who do that to themselves and I can now understand why you do it but it wasn't for me.

Not sure if I explained that well but at least I've tried being a vegan and vegetarian, although only for short times.

I did the veggie thing for a short period. I always got told how healthy I looked. But by god I missed burgers and bacon. So in the end I weighed up the pros and cons and decided from that moment onwards vegetarianism is not for me. Also I have noticed how vegans are so fecking self righteous. Although I still eat meat my diet is more varied and once or twice a week I'll have a busman's holiday and have a veggie lasagne.

gordiegords

I'm vegan, its a piece of pi55, B12 levels fine, calcium fine, Omega 3 fine, Watched the three documentaries "cowspiracy" "forks over knives" and "earthlings" Earthlings is a horrible watch, cannae believe what we do to the innocent. Anyway, i'm pretty fit and my asthma is fairly non existent since giving up dairy products.

If anyone is thinking about it shoot me a pm and i can help, Peace.

fabienleclerq

I know a few veggies and none of them preach about it. In fact usually its when people find out its them who get grief and quizzed about it.

Bazzas right boot

Turn up at a BBQ and ask for the non meat options..... :veryangry:

At a restaurant ask about 100 questions about a main dish then get a salad :thumbsdown:

Send a whole dish back because the sauce contains something that they don't like. :uhoh2:

Why can't they eat their own diet 99% of the time but when out in a group, etc , don't be a cxxt.

I am not a Indian fan, but go out for Indians and manage, I don't cause a big scene and piss everyone  off.

If its for allergy's then fair enough, but if its a choice get a grip when out in a group and don't be a twat.

In your own time eat/ don't eat what you want but don't be a dick when out in a group

At a restaurant ask about 100 questions about a main dish then get a salad :thumbsdown:

Send a whole dish back because the sauce contains something that they don't like. :uhoh2:

Why can't they eat their own diet 99% of the time but when out in a group, etc , don't be a cxxt.

I am not a Indian fan, but go out for Indians and manage, I don't cause a big scene and piss everyone off.

If its for allergy's then fair enough, but if its a choice get a grip when out in a group and don't be a ****.

In your own time eat/ don't eat what you want but don't be a dick when out in a group

Jesus, we don't not eat certain things just to be awkward and annoy people. For most vegans/veggies it's a fundamental ethical and moral belief, why does it upset you so much? Would you suggest a Muslim eats pork or a Hindu eats beef when eating with others?

Eating a veggie burger at a BBQ isn't exactly a massive hardship to any one and most restaurants are only too happy to provide suitable options, indeed some chefs even like the challenge!

I am not a Indian fan, but go out for Indians and manage, I don't cause a big scene and piss everyone  off.

If its for allergy's then fair enough, but if its a choice get a grip when out in a group and don't be a ****.

People have heard of Islamaphobia - you seem to have a similar phobia about Vegetarians.

Some basic answers to your stupid points:

• For BBQ you can take veggie burgers, veggie sausages etc.
  • At a restauraunt there is only an issue for me at A la Carte restauraunts when you can't tell what the food is to know if it is suitable to eat.  I get physically sick if I eat meat, which is why I went vegetarian.
  • If I order from a restauraunt I will pick something I can eat, and have never sent a dish back

For your last point you want vegetarians to eat meat because everyone else is?

:cornette:

If god didn't want us to eat animals why did he make them out of meat

Maybe he wanted us to eat each other.

Archived