Vegans

Locky

Vegetarians I can tolerate. Although, what I really don't understand is vegetarians who eat fish? I've met a few.

Vegetarians I can tolerate. Although, what I really don't understand is vegetarians who eat fish? I've met a few.

You've met a few fish?

Or vegetarians that want stuff to tastes like meat.Obviously craving the stuff.

Like tee-totallers drinking alcohol free beer. They must want the taste.

Strange.

Bazzas right boot

Subhuman weirdos.

Discuss.

Subhuman is a bit strong, but they do tend to be weird and talk about food all the time.

Usually drink only filtered water as well.

Bet they are dieing to have a munch on a burger and wolf down an irn bru.

Bazzas right boot

Subhuman weirdos.

Discuss.

Subhuman is a bit strong, but they do tend to be weird and talk about food all the time.

Usually drink only filtered water as well.

Bet they are dieing to have a munch on a burger and wolf down an irn bru.

As someone who loves meat....... Never understood the dislike of veggies.

Humans have evolved to eat a majority vegetarian diet, with some meat.

Only having meat 2 days a week would be a more accurate example of a natural diet. I usually manage 2/3 days a week without meat. Feel better/healthier/leaner for it.

Most vegans I know of have to take a shitload of vitamin pills and other supplements because their gobshite "holier-than-thou" diet is killing them

:jjyay:

Vegetarian "meat" gets me more annoyed than it probably should. I had a woman at work moaning in my lug once because we were sold out of vegetarian Ham.

The urge to tell her to go and **** herself was almost overwhelming.

All in all I don't mind vegetarians or vegans providing they don't try and force their principals on me.

Like tee-totallers drinking alcohol free beer. They must want the taste.

Strange.

Yeah thats even more strange 0% lager is bawfing and 0% wine i think you would be better off with a bottle of Schloer

Vegetarian "meat" gets me more annoyed than it probably should. I had a woman at work moaning in my lug once because we were sold out of vegetarian Ham.

All in all I don't mind vegetarians or vegans providing they don't try and force their principals on me.

I actually quite like some of veggie stuff you can get.No idea how you need something that looks and is meant to taste like a chicken fillet though.

I actually quite like some of veggie stuff you can get.No idea how you need something that looks and is meant to taste like a chicken fillet though.

I just find the concept of it bizarre, I'm a vegetarian but I want to enjoy ham,chicken,bacon. Don't be a feckin vegetarian then!

FUnny because most vegetarians I know, including myself, couldn't give a toss what others eat yet constantly get meat eaters opinions forced on us.

FUnny because most vegetarians I know, including myself, couldn't give a toss what others eat yet constantly get meat eaters opinions forced on us.

I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but I know lots of people who are, and your experiences seem to be typical.  It's the meat eaters who seem to get bent out of shape, as demonstrated by some of the comments on this thread.  The vegans I know are very healthy, and none of them take vitamins or any other dietary supplements. And none of the ones I know care about the eating habits of anyone else; to each their own.

Anyone who thinks that vegans are somehow missing an important part of their diet, like protein for example, is incorrect.

Vegans are the kind of people who would put water in their cereal.

Vegans are the kind of people who would put soy milk in their cereal.

Some examples of people above saying they are vegetarian when they are not.

Someone who is mostly vegetarian but eats fish is classed as a "pescatarian(sp?)".

Someone who calls themselves vegetarian but has bacon rolls is a liar.

GlasgoJambo

I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but I know lots of people who are, and your experiences seem to be typical. It's the meat eaters who seem to get bent out of shape, as demonstrated by some of the comments on this thread. The vegans I know are very healthy, and none of them take vitamins or any other dietary supplements. And none of the ones I know care about the eating habits of anyone else; to each their own.

Anyone who thinks that vegans are somehow missing an important part of their diet, like protein for example, is incorrect.

Pfft Maple. Don't let your real life experiences blur the reality. They're strange, vitamin deficient subhumans who push their beliefs on you while only talking about their veganism.

Pfft Maple. Don't let your real life experiences blur the reality. They're strange, vitamin deficient subhumans who push their beliefs on you while only talking about their veganism.

Its actually the other way.  I know from experience as a vegetarian - it really seems to get under the skin of certain meat eaters.

The only people who push their views on others are the meat eaters.  I couldn't give a toss what other people are eating.

plastic_bas

I've been vegan for around 6 months now and I've never felt better. I did struggle to get the balance right at first though and did take iron supplements.

I agree with what some of the above posters have said regarding meat eaters talking about it more than me. I think it stems from the British embarrassment when ordering off menu. I went to pizza express with a colleague and he nearly had to leave the table he was so uncomfortable about me asking for a pizza without cheese. Pizza express will actually put a soy cheese on of your choosing if you bring it in with you. I imagine he would have combusted if I had done that.

The Real Maroonblood

What a lot of shite.

One of my friends is a vegan.  Even he admits it's a choice that's hard to maintain, but he's one of the few that doesn't harp on about it all the time.  In fact, for the first 6 months, I didn't even realise he was vegan until he asked for a specific menu when our group went out for dinner one night.  No hassle, no preaching, no trying to convert people or convince people.

He likes the fairtrade side of the deal.  He likes the not harming animals side of the deal.  Both of those points are fair enough in my book.

He says it's a pain in the arse when going to the pub though :lol:

The other side of the coin are the people that use being vegan as their whole identity, trying to convert people to their ideology and telling everyone else how they're wrong.  Those people are complete weirdos - anyone that lives their life trying to tell other people what they should do is completely mental (see the religion thread for similar views).

Its actually the other way. I know from experience as a vegetarian - it really seems to get under the skin of certain meat eaters.

The only people who push their views on others are the meat eaters. I couldn't give a toss what other people are eating.

That's utter nonsense

I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but I know lots of people who are, and your experiences seem to be typical.  It's the meat eaters who seem to get bent out of shape, as demonstrated by some of the comments on this thread.  The vegans I know are very healthy, and none of them take vitamins or any other dietary supplements. And none of the ones I know care about the eating habits of anyone else; to each their own.

I think vegans can have trouble getting enough calcium and particularly vitamin B12.

:rofl:  :thumbsup:

I think vegans can have trouble getting enough calcium and particularly vitamin B12.

You're right about B-12, vegans have to work on that, but I think they get plenty of calcium from soy products.  I'm not vegan, so wtf do I know about it.  As I said earlier, they all seem like a healthy bunch to me.

That's utter nonsense

I speak from experience. What personal experience of vegetarians do you have?

crunchy frog

A mate of mine is a Kevin Keegan. I wont use his toilet when visiting. Stinks, man!

I speak from experience. What personal experience of vegetarians do you have?

Enough to know that it's not only meat eaters who push their views.

Enough to know that it's not only meat eaters who push their views.

So you are just going by stereotypes. Thanks for answering.

I've been vegan for around 6 months now and I've never felt better. I did struggle to get the balance right at first though and did take iron supplements.

I agree with what some of the above posters have said regarding meat eaters talking about it more than me. I think it stems from the British embarrassment when ordering off menu. I went to pizza express with a colleague and he nearly had to leave the table he was so uncomfortable about me asking for a pizza without cheese. Pizza express will actually put a soy cheese on of your choosing if you bring it in with you. I imagine he would have combusted if I had done that.

What made you become a vegan?

Heard horrible stories about the environmental damage caused in some areas due to soya being grown, trees being cleared in some countries, I'm sure there was an channel 4 programme on it, the point was if vegans and veggies saw what was going they'd think twice about eating all that tofu.

So you are just going by stereotypes. Thanks for answering.

Aye that's what I done right enough. Basically you can say that it's only meat eaters that push their views but when I say that vegetarians do the same I'm guilty of stereotyping them?

Heard horrible stories about the environmental damage caused in some areas due to soya being grown, trees being cleared in some countries, I'm sure there was an channel 4 programme on it, the point was if vegans and veggies saw what was going they'd think twice about eating all that tofu.

Most soya plantations are for cattle feed I think... Might be wrong.

Diet wise it seems amino acids in particular are something important that animal products provide and there is clearly an evolutionary necessity that separates us from other mammals.

What I would say is the current intensive factory approach to meat and dairy that gives us our sanitized, wrapped up products on the shelves is simply unethical by any modern civilized standards. Watching a ten minute video on PETA for example should underline this basic reality.

There's a start up in California who are basically looking to create cloned meat as a solution but it's very cost prohibitive at the moment. Would be interesting to see how people would react to this option.

not true veggies. proper term is pescatarian. have this arguement with my "veggie" stepdaughter all the time. fish are animals too. so why not eat miss piggy?

I love a bit of dead animal on a plate. Can't despise anyone for not liking the same though. I'll reserve the right to think that they're odd though, and it often seems to go hand in hand with other oddness.

Heaven forbid people should be able to choose what they eat eh ?

Don't think anyone in here has said they cant. It is their general attitude and preaching which seems to piss people off. If anything it is vegans who are telling people what they should eat.

Archived