Thistle and Well moaning about fixtures

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36564025

If ever there was an article highlighting the small mind mentality that is Scottish football, it is surely this.

Whinging that they are not guaranteed a certain amount of home fixtures against the old firm. Embarrassing.

Simple answer. Tell them to **** off and grow their own fanbase.

Pishy wee clubs like this should be shut down.

"Since the top flight was expanded to 12 clubs in 2013, the league has split into two sections of six teams for the final five fixtures."

Was it? Was it really?

Boo bloody hoo. So they aren't getting enough games against the uglies they'll get decent gates against us and the sheep. All consider the savings they'll make from policing and the additional stewards. So no loss really.

Scottish Football's equivalent of a couple of desperate vagrants living hand-to-mouth off scraps found in the nearest dustbin. Just be thankful our club's existence is self determining rather than dependant on a fixture or two.

I thought the system was meant to prevent this

maybe another process lost in creation of the SPFL

or the fixture compiler made an arse of it

Bazzas right boot

It's not only the money.

I'd rather have them at home than away twice, we have a better chance at beating the at home.

The league format is a farce, a league should  ensure all teams playthe same fixtures, the fact that our league doesn't  do this adds to incompetence of the SFA and leads others to think we are a mickey mouse outfit, can't even get a league set up right.

Money is tight in Scotland if a rival is gaining by about ?120k, and you are losing ?120k as you are playing 1/2 fixtures less, its over ?200k difference, that's easily 3-4 players.

Easy to slag of teams  for being small, but some of these guys are small compared to us. laughing at them stinks of OF attitude, they probably laugh at us in the same way.

All the teams should unite and tell the SFA and the arse cheeks to sort it out, the league is there to protect the 4 old firm fixtures, of no benefit to anyone but two teams.

For me teams should go a  different route to challenge this, fairness and sporting integrity imo are compromised in this league due to the set up.

We really are a joke, I appreciate that Partick are only raising the issue now it impacts finances, another problem, all the clubs are short sighted and have self interest. The sporting issues where always there, now the financial implications affect them they are suddenly concerned about this.

Teams  need to grow a pair.

The old firm are horrible, the SFA incompetent.

It's not only the money.

I'd rather have them at home than away twice, we have a better chance at beating the at home.

The league format is a farce, a league should  ensure all teams playthe same fixtures, the fact that our league doesn't  do this adds to incompetence of the SFA and leads others to think we are a mickey mouse outfit, can't even get a league set up right.

Money is tight in Scotland if a rival is gaining by about ?120k, and you are losing ?120k as you are playing 1/2 fixtures less, its over ?200k difference, that's easily 3-4 players.

Easy to slag of teams  for being small, but some of these guys are small compared to us. laughing at them stinks of OF attitude, they probably laugh at us in the same way.

All the teams should unite and tell the SFA and the arse cheeks to sort it out, the league is there to protect the 4 old firm fixtures, of no benefit to anyone but two teams.

For me teams should go a  different route to challenge this, fairness and sporting integrity imo are compromised in this league due to the set up.

We really are a joke, I appreciate that Partick are only raising the issue now it impacts finances, another problem, all the clubs are short sighted and have self interest. The sporting issues where always there, now the financial implications affect them they are suddenly concerned about this.

I disagree, you make a valid point about the unfair advantage of playing them away twice, but they are complaining about the money they will lose. On the matter of playing them away twice, that's the luck of the draw, did they put their hands up in previous seasons when the advantage was with them, I'd suggest not.

If the league programme is not fit for purpose, then they should perhaps do something about it and change it. however perhaps it's only not fit for purpose when they feel others have an advantage over them.

Clubs bleating because their finances are in such shite state that they rely on large visiting crowds from from the sectarian sisters.

Pathetic.

Self-righteous nonsense from the OP, unfortunately.

They've been cheated, pure and simple. There practically no redistribution between clubs in Scotland, which is one reason why it is such a poor league.

The least they can expect is a fair draw. They haven't been given one.

i wish jj was my dad

Everything that is wrong with the game and playing into the hands of the GFA / weegia agenda that the game is all about the uglies.

To be fair if we had only 2 home games against them before mths split we'd be moaning like ****. Not for financial reasons mind.

I'm delighted we have them 4 times. We bonused in theory but if we are in the hunt for anything after the split it makes it tough for us.

Heres Rixxy

They've been cheated, pure and simple. There practically no redistribution between clubs in Scotland, which is one reason why it is such a poor league.

"They've been created". Are you serious? Cheated? By who and how?

Fine-Young-Scallywag

Maybe they should both contribute more to Scottish football if they fee they deserve larger games

Winston Ingram

It's not only the money.

Except they aren't "losing" ?120k at all. They never had this money. And, presumably, they managed to get by in recent years when Rangers weren't in the league at all.

If they want to earn ?120k, go on a cup run. Finish in the top six. Don't whine about not having enough away supporters in your ground. 

We can fill our stadium without them.

Although there can be a decent atmosphere at these games. if I don't hear any of their sectarian bile or bigotry again it won't be a day too soon.

Thistle and Well can host them as many times a season they like for all I care.

We can fill our stadium without them.

Although there can be a decent atmosphere at these games. if I don't hear any of their sectarian bile or bigotry again it won't be a day too soon.

Thistle and Well can host them as many times a season they like for all I care.

Well said

glynnlondon

Unfortunately a lot of smaller clubs rely rightly or wrongly on that income.

The problem here in my eyes is decades of pandering to OF and the result is their fanbase being decimated, especially in the Glasgow area.

So I can sympathize with their situation.

It's not only the money.

The league format is a farce, a league should ensure all teams playthe same fixtures, the fact that our league doesn't do this adds to incompetence of the SFA and leads others to think we are a mickey mouse outfit, can't even get a league set up right.

Easy to slag of teams for being small, but some of these guys are small compared to us. laughing at them stinks of OF attitude, they probably laugh at us in the same way.

For me teams should go a different route to challenge this, fairness and sporting integrity imo are compromised in this league due to the set up.

Teams need to grow a pair.

It's feck all to do with the SFA. The SPFL is responsible for the league.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Disagree they are right to complain if it was us we'd no be happy.

From a financial point of view, it wouldn't make any difference to us whatsoever.

Are Rangers fans not boycotting away games next season?

I sincerely hope so. Their "blue pound" chat is utterly tragic.

glynnlondon

From a financial point of view, it wouldn't make any difference to us whatsoever.

Financially we won't but from a football point we would.

For us it's about fixtures as ait should be fair for all , for the likes of Patrick they need cash to keep them going and that's fairness for them. Like I said before it's all geared to OF and that attitude is why the like of Thistle are in the situation they are.

Yet these clubs voted against changing the status quo.

mulleted_jambo

So they're basically asking the SPFL to treat Rangers and Celtic differently to other clubs ensuring they have specific fixtures. If they can't survive from their own fans income GTF or spend less.

So they're basically asking the SPFL to treat Rangers and Celtic differently to other clubs ensuring they have specific fixtures. If they can't survive from their own fans income GTF or spend less.

You're missing the point. Their probable rivals have been handed a massive (by their standards) financial advantage before a ball has even been kicked.

"Since the top flight was expanded to 12 clubs in 2013, the league has split into two sections of six teams for the final five fixtures."

Was it? Was it really?

This sticks out as the worst part about that article. That's not even a typo, It's just completely wrong.

You're missing the point. Their probable rivals have been handed a massive (by their standards) financial advantage before a ball has even been kicked.

Worse imho.

The fixtures have been carefully designed to provide financial aid to one club. Everything else follows that corruption.

How? By giving them a run of easier home games to boost both their finances and points total.

Rather than develop Scottish football the agenda is protect Sevco.

Sickening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FarmerTweedy

It's not only the money.

The clubs want this league setup, they could change it if they were all unhappy. What Partick and Motherwell are moaning about is the fact that a newly promoted team has been treated as such, with the fixtures actually compiled on a sporting merit basis, rather than on a financial strength basis. These clubs are arguing that sporting merit should be tossed aside, and it's really disappointing to see that some Hearst fans are in favour of that.

FarmerTweedy

How have they been cheated? If anything, they should be delighted, they've been given two away games against a newly promoted team, and most clubs should be confident of winning against a newly promoted team home or away, and two away games against the champions, whom most clubs probably wouldn't feel confident of winning against home or away. That means extra home games against teams they'd probably be a lot more confident about beating at home than they would away.

Rangers haven't been in the league for 4 years, so nothing has really changed for these teams? Instead of getting celtic at home twice, they will now get both the ugly ******** once.

Some short memories.

When our gigantic super duper club with its millions of fans was on its arse because we spent more than we took in, it was these 'diddy clubs' (who should be closed down apparently), that weighed in with some of their revenue from away support.

A little more self-awareness and respect wouldn't go amiss on this thread.

Btw. If they do close down, who do we play?

I disagree, you make a valid point about the unfair advantage of playing them away twice, but they are complaining about the money they will lose. On the matter of playing them away twice, that's the luck of the draw, did they put their hands up in previous seasons when the advantage was with them, I'd suggest not.

If the league programme is not fit for purpose, then they should perhaps do something about it and change it. however perhaps it's only not fit for purpose when they feel others have an advantage over them.

Little point in proposing change as the Old Firm can veto it. Our league setup isn't fit for purpose, and nothing will change unless those at the top offer a solution.

Scottish football is quite the embarrassment; most of the stadiums, the dominance of two clubs, the national team's persistent failure. Those at the top are failing and have been given enough chances. If only we could boot Doncaster and let Budge set a plan in motion to sort this mess with fans getting a say.

Little point in proposing change as the Old Firm can veto it. Our league setup isn't fit for purpose, and nothing will change unless those at the top offer a solution.

Scottish football is quite the embarrassment; most of the stadiums, the dominance of two clubs, the national team's persistent failure. Those at the top are failing and have been given enough chances. If only we could boot Doncaster and let Budge set a plan in motion to sort this mess with fans getting a say.

A total and utter joke that the old Firm veto wasn't banished whilst Sevco were sorting themselves out.

Total joke.

glynnlondon

Some short memories.

When our gigantic super duper club with its millions of fans was on its arse because we spent more than we took in, it was these 'diddy clubs' (who should be closed down apparently), that weighed in with some of their revenue from away support.

A little more self-awareness and respect wouldn't go amiss on this thread.

Btw. If they do close down, who do we play?

Very much this we had a lot of support from clubs much smaller than us in support through cash collections and moral support. They are not the problem.

mulleted_jambo

Just can't be doing with rangers fans giving it big licks saying teams can't live without them. Stuff like this is just pandering to them.

Financially.

Pathetic from both clubs!

How funny would it be if Rangers finished bottom six and Partick & Motherwell were top 6!

Pants Shaton

If this is what Scottish football has become we may as well close the league and see if the non-diddy 4 or 5 clubs in Scotland can start again in the Vauxhall Conference (or whatever it's called now).

Pathetic from both clubs!

How funny would it be if Rangers finished bottom six and Partick & Motherwell were top 6!

Not funny at all. Thistle were one of the clubs who helped us out when we were on our erse. A lot of short memories on here.

Are Rangers fans not boycotting away games next season?

Only certain fixtures.

They don't do Woking away, for example.......

Wee Weegie feeder clubs moaning about not playing with main bigger bigot brothers shocker :( 

Archived