Viktor Norling

DxB Hearts

niblick1874

It's fair to say he should have said zero until situation sorted, however Hamilton is a confident lad and a competent keeper who is delighted at finally being numero uno .

I hope you are right. People need to remember that he is a Scottish internationalist and has never looked out of place when playing for the first teem. If not now, when?

I remember when he played against hibs in the second game of the 2014-2015 season, I was a bit wary but by the second half I was very much at ease. I would be sad if he left because he couldn't get first team football.

I say give him the chance. He has earned it.   

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Winston Ingram

I hope you are right. People need to remember that he is a Scottish internationalist and has never looked out of place when playing for the first teem. If not now, when?

I remember when he played against hibs in the second game of the 2014-2015 season, I was a bit wary but by the second half I was very much at ease. I would be sad if he left because he couldn't get first team football.

I say give him the chance. He has earned it.   

The debate about Hamilton being good enough/given a chance is one thing. What a lot of us find confusing and strange is the manager stating publicly he had spoken to Jack, Jack was going on loan for the season then suddenly he is the No1. That doesn't really add up at all. 

The debate about Hamilton being good enough/given a chance is one thing. What a lot of us find confusing and strange is the manager stating publicly he had spoken to Jack, Jack was going on loan for the season then suddenly he is the No1. That doesn't really add up at all.

Does it regularly in the press. Levein calling the shots and not keeping him updated

Does it regularly in the press. Levein calling the shots and not keeping him updated

Maybe. Not sure I care.

Things change in football. With Hamilton the point was he needed game time. With a better experienced keeper here that would have to be on loan.

As it transpires with Alexander leaving then things change. You reassess the market, your options, what other players you might be looking to get in.

With Hamilton being a genuine prospect you have to ask the question - what will it cost to get a keeper you know to be better than him? Once you see what is on the market then you can say well actually it might be better to spend that money elsewhere in the squad because we have confidence in Hamilton

Might also say, well let's give him a chance in the easier euro games and see how he looks.

People treating what a football manager says as some sort of sworn oath that will never change no matter what are a bit daft IMO.

Too many people too eager to lose their shit at very short notice these days.

Very interesting...from what I have seen I have high hopes for Jack and hopefully he will kick on and cement his place for us...

Things change...opinions change...main thing being he has been backed by the management now and its over to him to either grasp the opportunity or otherwise...

Bold decision. From what I've seen of Jack I'm sure it will pay off. Fingers crossed we have another Craig Gordon on our hands.

With experienced keepers like Craig Gordon,Henry etc. they might save you 10 - 15 points a season through their performances?

Could be as this undoubtedly talented lad continues his development this year, he might cost us a few points this season.

With experienced keepers like Craig Gordon,Henry etc. they might save you 10 - 15 points a season through their performances?

Could be as this undoubtedly talented lad continues his development this year, he might cost us a few points this season.

Makes no sense...how many points did CG cost us right from his first appearance? He had 1 clanger at Parkhead in all his time with us....

Winston Ingram

Strange stuff from Neilson to be honest. He is apparently basing this on what Jim Stewart said, plus the fact Hamilton was called into a Scotland squad as a last ditch measure when never going to play. How that would change a manager's opinion from only a matter of weeks earlier when he was being sent on loan for a year doesn't really make much sense. 

Handled himself well in last few weeks of season.

Margin between him and Alexander was narrowing. So potentially budget could be better used elsewhere.

Another factor on the decision could be amount of time Gallagher prepared to do coaching and be willing to be back up compared to Alexander, who may not have been so keen.

Would this put the Cammy Bell rumour to bed?

Handled himself well in last few weeks of season.

Margin between him and Alexander was narrowing. So potentially budget could be better used elsewhere.

Another factor on the decision could be amount of time Gallagher prepared to do coaching and be willing to be back up compared to Alexander, who may not have been so keen.

Would this put the Cammy Bell rumour to bed?

Hearts' interest in Bell ends now.

Clerry Jambo

Strange stuff from Neilson to be honest. He is apparently basing this on what Jim Stewart said, plus the fact Hamilton was called into a Scotland squad as a last ditch measure when never going to play. How that would change a manager's opinion from only a matter of weeks earlier when he was being sent on loan for a year doesn't really make much sense. 

Think it's becoming obvious Levein and not Leveilson is calling the shots...................which I have no problem with as it happens.

I feel that Hamiltons late season displays, coupled with the Scotland call up (and subsequent reports) has forced Neilson to reconsider.

Factor in the gilks thing and it kind of makes sense.

Original plan to send him out on loan was shelved due to not getting our number 1 target of Gilks and its worth giving him a go. Didnt do that badly for Craig Gordon once upon a time

jamboinglasgow

I would be amazed if its just on the words of Jim Stewart. I am almost certain that was partially a factor but there are other factors in it as well.

siegementality

I have come to the conclusion that RN should be kept well away from the media. The guy comes out with some utter drivel that only pisses the fans off and makes him and the club look stupid.

Ferryjambo99

I have come to the conclusion that RN should be kept well away from the media. The guy comes out with some utter drivel that only pisses the fans off and makes him and the club look stupid.

He's nowhere near as bad as alan stubbs in the media

Money Spinner :phface:

So RN states in April that Jack will go out on loan but now 2 months later is given the No 1 jersey for next season (presumably because Gilks knocked them back?)

Yet more make it up as we go along from our management.

"Them"? Manager changes mind about player shock! Players have often won new contracts or moved up the pecking order in less than 2 months. Djoum won his contract after a trial and then an extension after a couple if months.

Kane start first choice for England and is now probably behind Vardy.

Gilks probably was first choice and seen as a better option than Hamilton. Now robbie's looked at who's available and had decided Hamilton is our best option. It's not that strange.

Archived