Viktor Norling

DxB Hearts

Daily express saying Viktor Norling is meeting RN and CL next week with a view to signing.

He's a 25 year old keeper, been in Sweden, Holland and most recently Denmark but looking at his Wikipedia he's barely ever played apart from his 1st club.

Also spent a brief spell on loan at Celtic but didn't play.

Could be the new number 1. Thank God were being linked with other keepers!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tartofmidlothian

It seems his name's Viktor Noring after all, that's not so cool. :(

Only 25, but a weird career. An outstanding young talent at his first club in Sweden, won a Swedish cap, Fulham had a bid turned down and Celtic took him on loan. Then pretty much nothing since.

Only 25, but a weird career. An outstanding young talent at his first club in Sweden, won a Swedish cap, Fulham had a bid turned down and Celtic took him on loan. Then pretty much nothing since.

Exactly the kind of player we'll be signing - excellent potential but needs to get their career back on track and we can offer a brilliant platform to do so.

At 25 still young for a keeper and has potential sell on value.

I'd be happy with this!

tartofmidlothian

Exactly the kind of player we'll be signing - excellent potential but needs to get their career back on track and we can offer a brilliant platform to do so.

At 25 still young for a keeper and has potential sell on value.

I'd be happy with this!

Yeah, I agree.

Yeah, I agree.

I'd almost prefer taking a bigger chance on a guy like this then sign a Gilks type who we can never sell on.

We've always had good keepers and need to keep that tradition going if we're to keep progressing as a club.

I'd almost prefer taking a bigger chance on a guy like this then sign a Gilks type who we can never sell on.

We've always had good keepers and need to keep that tradition going if we're to keep progressing as a club.

Kind of disagree. If we got Gilks then I wouldn't want to sell him on. We could have Gilks as a number 1 for at least 4 years, and bring some stability to the defence. I'd rather not have a change of keeper every couple of years, even if we sold them on for a price, as it's such a vital position. It's not just about the saves they make, it's about building a trust with the defence.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Kind of disagree. If we got Gilks then I wouldn't want to sell him on. We could have Gilks as a number 1 for at least 4 years, and bring some stability to the defence. I'd rather not have a change of keeper every couple of years, even if we sold them on for a price, as it's such a vital position. It's not just about the saves they make, it's about building a trust with the defence.

So Jack Hamilton not for you then? 

beijingandrew

Hopefully not being able to take a shite doesn't affect his performance.

Almost 6 foot 5. Big lad.

Prefer bigger goalkeepers. Seem to dominate far better than smaller.ones

Khan, buffon and closer to home Neimi and Gordon

So Jack Hamilton not for you then?

I like Jack, and would hand him the gloves if necessary. I'd take Gilks over him by quite a way though. I'd let Hamilton go on loan.

I'm almost saying the same thing - to sell a player on you need them to preform cobsistantly well for at least 2, if not 3 seasons. Totally agree you need someone solid in the sticks, it makes such a difference to those playing in front of them, but I'd rather have the opportunity to sell that person than for them to just come to the end of their career or start messing around with player-coaching stuff like Alexander.

But I'd be more than happy with either Gilks or someone like this lad, who has a good pedigree. Not with Cammy Bell though!

Hamilton is number one , no matter who signs. There are several options for a keeper to push Hamilton, including an Israeli keeper with a zz top style beard !

Never Let Them Forget

Prefer bigger goalkeepers. Seem to dominate far better than smaller.ones

Khan, buffon and closer to home Neimi and Gordon

Neimi big??

Hamilton is number one , no matter who signs. There are several options for a keeper to push Hamilton, including an Israeli keeper with a zz top style beard !

Sorry but your going to have to explain?

You saying we aren't sending Hamilton out on loan and anyone that signs is coming in with the understanding they'll be his backup?

And who is the Israeli?!

Bazzas right boot

I'm with you, Gilks with Hamilton having some game time and when he's ready Hamilton to step up.

The obsession with selling players on is getting a bit much on here, we do need some stability to build a good team.

If we sell every player on after a year or two we are not going to improve.

The defence, in particular could do with stability.

Ron Burgundy

I'm with you, Gilks with Hamilton having some game time and when he's ready Hamilton to step up.

The obsession with selling players on is getting a bit much on here, we do need some stability to build a good team.

Agreed.

Rudolf's Mate

People are using the selling example because it's exactly what the clubs stated it's intention was. 

Also Alexander (not aimed at you) was how old when he signed for us? People are happy for him to leave citing his age but then are equally happy for another older keeper to come in. Doesn't figure really.

I get the part about stability though.

tartofmidlothian

Interesting. Is the Hamilton part ITK?

Jamboscanbevicius

Bit of a strange CV but looks interesting and still a good age to progress as a keeper at 25.... good to see that we are still "casting the net"!

He'll be a 6.5 modern day goal keeper, only comes for crosses if he is 100% sure he will get a clean catch or good punch, leaves everything to centre halves and relies on reflexes and being comfortable with ball at his feet.

Disnae command his box shouts as we lose a set piece goal.

Jamboscanbevicius

Calling BS on this. Even if we go with Jack as no1 there's no way the management have guaranteed him it no matter who signs!

Hopefully not being able to take a shite doesn't affect his performance.

Close but not quite Carling, could say it rimmed out.

A bit of a gamble that we might regret.

Every signing is a bit of a gamble.

Why might we regret it?

tartofmidlothian

Mind there were a couple of months where Kello and Balogh were both doing well and it was a shame to drop either of them? That kind of situation again would be okay.

Bazzas right boot

People are using the selling example because it's exactly what the clubs stated it's intention was.

Also Alexander (not aimed at you) was how old when he signed for us? People are happy for him to leave citing his age but then are equally happy for another older keeper to come in. Doesn't figure really.

I get the part about stability though.

Agree, but I think , as happens on here allot,it is taken too literally.

I don't think every player we sign will have "sellability" in mind.

If we do then, we are not going to improve any time soon.

A mix of youth, with selling in mind and experience is needed, hopefully our goalie, however he is , is an upgrade on Alexander.

Jack Torrance

Unless he has a perm, is daft as a bucket of frogs and bum flashes the Hibbys, I'm out....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, but I think , as happens on here allot,it is taken too literally.

I don't think every player we sign will have "sellability" in mind.

If we do then, we are not going to improve any time soon.

A mix of youth, with selling in mind and experience is needed, hopefully our goalie, however he is , is an upgrade on Alexander.

Don't get me wrong - if we sign a keeper who is class and we can keep him from the age of 25 to 35 then I'd be very very pleased.

But most players these days, especially those coming in from overseas, have a 2 or 3 year shelf life and I'd rather have the potential to sell them than to not.

I'm trying to think of the last time we had a 'foreign' player who spent longer than 3 years at us (in one sitting)?!

Don't get me wrong - if we sign a keeper who is class and we can keep him from the age of 25 to 35 then I'd be very very pleased.

But most players these days, especially those coming in from overseas, have a 2 or 3 year shelf life and I'd rather have the potential to sell them than to not.

I'm trying to think of the last time we had a 'foreign' player who spent longer than 3 years at us (in one sitting)?!

Zaliukas?

Yes I'd hate to sign a keeper like Hugo Loris, Tim Krul or Kasper Schmeichel.

Interesting. Is the Hamilton part ITK?

Dont know to sure but i'd genuinly go with this tbh. Hard to distrust what he says from past experience

Yep I agree with this too, to be honest it's flawed, because playing in Scotland it's unlikely we will ever achieve the true value of a player anyway, Paterson being a case in point, ie, if we dont sell him this summer then chances are he will walk away next summer for a small development fee, remember he didn't come through the Academy as he was signed as a 16yo from Tynecastle BC.

Anyway back on Topic, selling players all the time only ends up one way, if you don't spend a large percentage of the monies received on comparable replacements then you end up like Hibs and Dundee Utd

Football clubs should always be about the glory, of course they should be well run, but always citing the balance books is just so Hibs, and look where they have ended up, back in debt.

That may mean Hamilton has been allocated the number 1.

Colonel Kurtz
Hamilton is number one , no matter who signs. There are several options for a keeper to push Hamilton, including an Israeli keeper with a zz top style beard ![/quot

That will big Tell Aviv

Hamilton is NOT going on loan , IS our number 1, and as long as he performs will continue to be first choice.

The Israeli is 'just' a trialist at the moment.

Hamilton is NOT going on loan , IS our number 1, and as long as he performs will continue to be first choice.

...a bit disco

Does he wear shades to go with his beard too?

That would be cool!

:biggrin:

The Future's Maroon

Good, the outcome I wanted since the last 4/5 games of last season.

Israeli GK Danny Amos is on trial with Scottish club Heart of Midlothian F.C. per reports in Israel.

Just seen this on Twitter.

29 yr old with 1 under 21 cap

Yes I'd hate to sign a keeper like Hugo Loris, Tim Krul or Kasper Schmeichel.

What are you on about mate? Think you may have misinterpreted what I said.

millano77, on 18 Jun 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

Israeli GK Danny Amos is on trial with Scottish club Heart of Midlothian F.C. per reports in Israel.

Just seen this on Twitter.

29 yr old with 1 under 21 cap

WAnJko2.jpg?1

disgruntledfan

WAnJko2.jpg?1

Has been in on trial, magnificent beard is a good compliment.

Supposedly 3 Keepers in next week or two on trial, Mr Bell being one.

What are you on about mate? Think you may have misinterpreted what I said.

They are overseas players who have had a shelf life of more than 3 years and have a huge sell-on value

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We are doing this all wrong. Motherwell have successfully recruited English reserve keepers as have Falkirk previously.

Hamilton deserves first crack though. Could be Scotland keeper in 5 year's or less

Archived